• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

your catalog/download folder should be .htacess protected. Check to see if the .htacess file is in there. If not, you can create one and here are the codes:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "No access"
AuthUserFile .htnopasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
Require valid-user

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

your catalog/download folder should be .htacess protected. Check to see if the .htacess file is in there. If not, you can create one and here are the codes:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "No access"
AuthUserFile .htnopasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
Require valid-user

Sure, I forgot to do so, as it is no where mentioned to do. Neither in the OSC standard setup nor in the Download Controller Installfile.

Thank you very much!

Todd, set Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to a value above 10, saying 'Download Now Available'. If you set this one below 10 (which you set to allow download), then no download link will be there even for a good payment.

Hello All My Name is Tony Thanks for writing such a great help Guide!

I am having a problem with the download link. I have not been able to get passed the first part of the paypal IPN Modual. I am able to buy the item but when I am sent back to the site; the download shows in the window but no link is associated with it. What did I do wrong?

Thanks again for your time and effort in this Guide!

Tony

Sure, I forgot to do so, as it is no where mentioned to do. Neither in the OSC standard setup nor in the Download Controller Installfile.
Sinbadsurf, that .htacess file came with the osC installation package. If you installed osC correctly, the file should be there without any other instruction.

I am having a problem with the download link. I have not been able to get passed the first part of the paypal IPN Modual. I am able to buy the item but when I am sent back to the site; the download shows in the window but no link is associated with it. What did I do wrong?
Tony, let's narrow down the problem a little bit. Did you follow my guide to test the download function before installing DC 5.3? Did you get the payment in sandbox/paypal? Did you check the account info page for the order history? Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Sinbadsurf, that .htacess file came with the osC installation package. If you installed osC correctly, the file should be there without any other instruction.

Tony, let's narrow down the problem a little bit. Did you follow my guide to test the download function before installing DC 5.3? Did you get the payment in sandbox/paypal? Did you check the account info page for the order history?

Thanks for the reply I should have said I did not get past the download function so DC 5.3 is not yet installed

Everything works perfect with the payment and return the Download links shows

Order History

09/25/2006 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $9.00)]

09/25/2006 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Download links

PRC-6 Walkie Talkie AN-6 AN/PRC-6 Link expires: Monday 02 October, 2006 5 downloads remaining

However you can not click on the link

Thanks again Tony

Tony, it seems to me that the order status is not setup correctly.

Edited by AlexStudio

Tony, it seems to me that the order status is not setup correctly. Please read my guide and focus on the order status setting, especially the 'Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status' in paypal IPN module settings.

The link should be working if you didn't install DC 5.3. Please make sure you enabled download in admin page, and turned on download redirect only if you're on a xNIX based host. Also check the product attributes file name. If the file name is wrong, download will not work.

Tony, it seems to me that the order status is not setup correctly.

that's odd because i did step by step your directions I wonder if anyone else haad this problem

I am going to try again this is my 3 time starting from scratch

the only thing I changed was the Localization to

1 Pending

2 Processing Info

3 Delivered

4 Preparing [PayPal IPN] Info Delivered

FROM

1 Pending

2 Processing Info

3 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

4 Info Delivered

I changed that order in phpMyAdmin as well

Out of the box the Localization\Orders Status is

1 Pending

2 Processing Info

3 Delivered

should i have left this alone?

Thanks again for your time!

Tony

Please read my post #282 in this thread carefully, especially the 'Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status' in paypal IPN module settings. You can turn on download redirect in linux host.

Hello again 2 days later after almost giving up today I made some headway!

It seems that someware along the line the download is calling the file from

/myhostwenhere/catalogdownload/

Rather then

/myhostwenhere/catalog/download/

when i made the dir /myhostwenhere/catalogdownload/

and /myhostwenhere/catalogpub/

and put the test file inside; the link was there however, when you click the link

and download the file it does not open! I opened it with notepad and low and behold this is what it said

Warning: opendir(/myhostwenhere/catalogpub/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /myhostwenhere/download.php on line 59

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /myhostwenhere/catalog/download.php on line 60

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /myhostwenhere/catalog/download.php on line 74

Warning: mkdir(/hsphere/local/home/anthony1/anfauctions.com/catalogpub/.rryqoyehkhdhyqrprr): No such file or directory in /myhostwenhere/catalog/download.php on line 91

Warning: symlink(): No such file or directory in /myhostwenhere/catalog/download.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /myhostwenhere/catalog/download.php:59) in /myhostwenhere/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I think there is a / missing between catalogdownload & catalogpub but what file woud I need to change

Thanks again I am 2 /'s away!

I hope :(

Tony

Tony, you messed up with the catalog/includes/configure.php please check the settings in that file.

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/xxxxx/local/home/xxxxx/yourdomain.com/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

This is what it should read. Please notice that the second line defines the local path of your catalog folder in your host, and it must be adjusted to match the exact path in your host, do not copy the line from above.

Tony, you messed up with the catalog/includes/configure.php please check the settings in that file.

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/xxxxx/local/home/xxxxx/yourdomain.com/catalog/');

This is what it should read. Please notice that the second line defines the local path of your catalog folder in your host, and it must be adjusted to match the exact path in your host, do not copy the line from above.

Gee Alex I have this

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

Where did you get that from??

that was what my web host generated when it did the self install this osCommerce came bundled with my host

But when I removed that and put what you said in it's place Bingo It woks 100%

Now should I leave it like yours or try and fig out what that script is ?

Thanks For all your Help your Great!

Tony

don't fix it if it works.

Yes Your right hahah it works now Thanks! Now i'm on to install the controller I know it will be a walk in the park nothing could have been as bad as that little bug !

I can't thank you enough!

Tony

Hello Alex I ran into another problem trying to change the orders_status_id it wont let me change the

4 Delivered i get this error

SQL query:

UPDATE `orders_status` SET `orders_status_id` = '4' WHERE `orders_status_id` =3 AND `language_id` =1 LIMIT 1

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '4-1' for key 1

Thanks

Tony

Hello Alex I ran into another problem trying to change the orders_status_id it wont let me change the

4 Delivered i get this error

SQL query:

UPDATE `orders_status` SET `orders_status_id` = '4' WHERE `orders_status_id` =3 AND `language_id` =1 LIMIT 1

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '4-1' for key 1

Thanks

Tony

Ha Ha Nevermind I changed the orders_status_id 4 to 8 then changed the orders_status_id 3 to 4 then changed back the orders_status_id 8 back to 3 Working still!

Alex My friend I am at the very last stage for some reason I can only download the file when I set Download_Controllerv5.3 to the Default Downloads Controller Order Status Value of 1 2 3

What should the final setting be for

Downloads Controller Order Status Value ?

Downloads Controller Update Status Value ?

This is what I get with papal contrib setting

Set Preparing Order Status to 3 and

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to 4 Delivered

09/28/2006 #21 Tony Brown, United States 1 Pending $9.00

09/28/2006 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Pending (Verified; $9.72); echeck] 09/28/2006 3 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

no matter what setting I use I get 1 Pending

The order status values you set are not correct. If you followed my guide, then

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to should be 11 Download Now Available.

Downloads Controller Order Status Value should be 10

Downloads Controller Update Status Value should be 12

in the order record you have here, 09/28/2006 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Pending (Verified; $9.72); echeck] the feedback from paypal is telling you that the echeck is in pending status. I don't know why it returns '1 Pending' order status. I don't accept echeck as payment in my store because paypal IPN module returns '11 Download Now Available' while the echeck is still pending, and the customer can download the product and then cancel that echeck. However, the '1 Pending' status you have in here will not allow download. If you set Downloads Controller Order Status Value to 10, only those orders with status value over 10 will be allowed.

Try not to pay by echeck.

Alex reinstalled one more time up the first part should order History look like this with just pappal contrib added no Controller yet.

09/28/2006 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $0.11)]

09/28/2006 Preparing [PayPal IPN]