• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

I think I found a big issue in the PayPal IPN with Download Controller :'(

I've set up an additional Account (selected Germany as residence!!!) in the Sandbox which do not have a credit card! Just added a bank account for this test user.

Went to the download shop, picked an download article and checked out using PayPal IPN.

After logging in as the buyer for payment in PayPal I 've choose the option to pay by "Payment Type:

Electronic Funds Transfer", cause I did not setup a credit card for this test account.

Electronic Funds Transfer means, the user first needs to transfer money from its bank account to paypal (which takes 3 days) and pay pal will forward it to the shop owner after receiving it from the buyer.

If the buyer do not transfer the money to paypal, nothing will happen, I think this transaction will be automatically deleted after a certain time!

Right after this the buyer is already able to download the product, although the payment has status: pending in the paypal history (Status: Pending)

The admin area also shows status: 11 Downloads Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [Pending (Unverified; 1.16EUR); echeck]

This is a very critical issue, as the status pending in paypal is not really syncronized with the status of the OSC shop.

As long as paypal status has pending for that payment transaction, the status in the osc shop should be not "download now available".

I'm sure that I can download from a lot of productive live shops the download products without paying. All I need is a paypal account which do not have a credit card. Cause then paypal offers to pay by : Electronic Funds Transfer. Once I have the downloaded good, I 'll do not send the money to paypal.

Easy trick!

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sinbadsurf

....., paypal completes to "2 processing" (though I have it set to "3 payment processing" in admin/modules/payment) it shows when order was complete "2 processing" and "PAypal IPN Verfied" ) in "my account"......
Todd, set Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to a value above 10, saying 'Download Now Available'. If you set this one below 10 (which you set to allow download), then no download link will be there even for a good payment.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Simbadsurf, just go to your account profile and don't accept echeck. That's all.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Simbadsurf, just go to your account profile and don't accept echeck. That's all.

:rolleyes: I guessed something like that, that this needs to be modified "early this morning while driving to work". I'll check it out.

But BTW, why not to use that payment tpye also? Why disable this payment type?

Wouldn't it be possible to allow buyers to pay via paypal by echeck?

1.)

I guess the problem would be, even if the payment status in paypal changes from pending to verified, the OSC shop would not recognize it. Am I Right?

2.) So even when I would like to allow buyers to pay by echeck via paypal, what would this require?

Would it require to setup an additional paypal account with a different e-mail and to activate the standard paypal payment module in OSC with the second mail adresse?

Todd, set Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to a value above 10, saying 'Download Now Available'. If you set this one below 10 (which you set to allow download), then no download link will be there even for a good payment.

Alex - I do have acknowledged order set to 11 Downloads Now Available - it is above 10.

Alex - I do have acknowledged order set to 11 Downloads Now Available - it is above 10.

Sorry - just want you to know I got sql installed properly and I have double-cecked all files uploaded and they are in the right spots

Todd, did you test the download to work before installing DC 5.3?

Anode, you must set both in your paypal ipn module and the account profile in paypal site to accept the same currency, otherwise you still receive your money, but the order status will stay at pending.

Sinbadsurf, currently there is no way to update the order status automatically when the echeck payment becomes verified. You can't switch payment module when your customers arrived at paypal pages and decided to pay with echeck. I think it works if you accept echeck with another payment module, with a different paypal account, but it will not update the order status automatically. So, I don't see this as a solution for selling instant downloads.

One thing you can do, is to modify the ipn codes to check if the status returned 'Pending', and don't update the order status. Anyway, if you want to accept echeck, you have to update the order status manually after you got the money.

:rolleyes: I guessed something like that, that this needs to be modified "early this morning while driving to work". I'll check it out.

But BTW, why not to use that payment tpye also? Why disable this payment type?

Wouldn't it be possible to allow buyers to pay via paypal by echeck?

1.)

I guess the problem would be, even if the payment status in paypal changes from pending to verified, the OSC shop would not recognize it. Am I Right?

2.) So even when I would like to allow buyers to pay by echeck via paypal, what would this require?

Would it require to setup an additional paypal account with a different e-mail and to activate the standard paypal payment module in OSC with the second mail adresse?

Todd, did you test the download to work before installing DC 5.3?

Anode, you must set both in your paypal ipn module and the account profile in paypal site to accept the same currency, otherwise you still receive your money, but the order status will stay at pending.

Alex,

I did not check the download folder or change anything in Admin config/download before installing. All I did was set CHMOD to 755 for folder. When Ir emove HTACESS I can access folder and files with /downloads/file_name

Alex,

I did not check the download folder or change anything in Admin config/download before installing. All I did was set CHMOD to 755 for folder. When Ir emove HTACESS I can access folder and files with /downloads/file_name

Alex,

Would download count=1 for download order ID in catlog/download.php be causing a conflict with my non-download products orders on my site?

Todd, you must test the download to work in osC before installing DC 5.3. DC itself does not come with any download function. Make sure you have enabled download in configuration page, and a downloadable product attribute setup correctly.

Todd, you must test the download to work in osC before installing DC 5.3. DC itself does not come with any download function. Make sure you have enabled download in configuration page, and a downloadable product attribute setup correctly.

Alex,

I removed sql for DC from DB and tried with product attributes with orignal config values in admin - still nothing.

Alex,

I removed sql for DC from DB and tried with product attributes with orignal config values in admin - still nothing.

Alex,

The download folder in catalog/ is not corrupted and all my values are set correctly - with our without the sql DB values installed in phpmyadmin. I can go to the folder in my browser with htaccess blocked and download the files in them.

Alex,

Alex - I removed sql for DC and set up download that comes with fresh osC. All settings correct and I followed the osC admin settings and use of download to the letter. They say just selct a product and name the file and nothing about invoving an attribute. They say just selct product and name the file. WHich I did. Nothing.

I do see pub folder is not getting anything. There is a cache folder in there. It is empty too. I checked the folder code for pub and download in includes/configure.php and it is correct, too.

:

:

They say just selct a product and name the file and nothing about invoving an attribute. They say just selct product and name the file. WHich I did. Nothing.

:

:

Todd, you must set the downloadable product with attribute. Please read my instruction and test it again.

Hi Alex,

Thank for your help. I?m using multi-currency in my site. USD and (MYR) ?Malaysia Ringgit?. When customer used USD it?s ok. Only MYR going to Pending.

Hope you can help me out.

anode, there is no way to work this arround. You must exchange any other currency you use to USD before sending the info to paypal, otherwise you have to update the order status manually. This is the policy from paypal, not osC, and we can't do anything about this.

Sinbadsurf, currently there is no way to update the order status automatically when the echeck payment becomes verified. You can't switch payment module when your customers arrived at paypal pages and decided to pay with echeck. I think it works if you accept echeck with another payment module, with a different paypal account, but it will not update the order status automatically. So, I don't see this as a solution for selling instant downloads.

One thing you can do, is to modify the ipn codes to check if the status returned 'Pending', and don't update the order status. Anyway, if you want to accept echeck, you have to update the order status manually after you got the money.

Yes, after disabling echeck in my selling preferences, the option is no more available for payment.

And your suggestion from above is a very good idea. As Im a non programmer I'll need someones help.

Edited by Sinbadsurf

Not technical stuff but anyway very interessting for these both contributions.

Is some one already using paypals micropayment with these both contributions?

PayPals website declares that it is for US to US, GB to GB, AU to AU, and EU to EU transactions for Business and Premier accounts available (5ct + 5%)

Have look here: https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...ropayments.html

But my request was answered that it is only in US available. Can someone confirm this? Or better do have anybody further info on this, when it will be in EU available?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sinbadsurf

Todd, you must set the downloadable product with attribute. Please read my instruction and test it again.

Alex,

There is no question all my settings are correct in admin, on sql, CHMOD permissions, everywhere.

I guess I have a contrib conflicting with it or something. I am just going to copy the files onto CDROM and send buyers CDROM USPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahmm

Even if Download Controller and PayPal IPN have been set up properly.

What makes sure that the user does not download it directly from this path:

www.anystorexyz.com/catalog/download/anyfile.zip

At least in my shop this is possible :( regardless of the existing Download Controller and the PayPal IPN contributions. The only thing the user needs to know is the filename.

Once he paid, he can post everywhere the direct link for download.

I don't think that this is ok.

Please help.

Thank you