• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

Erf, fresh install, just oscommerce (latest) and ipn module and the exact same.

I then uploaded my debug version of the paypal_ipn.php file and got the same result, it stops after process_button() in that file, $process_button_string is empty and tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value) return nothing even though $key and $value are filed.

Jeeez.

So I guess it's linked to my specific server config, register global is off everywhere but on where oscommerce is installed thanks to this code in .htaccess :

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
 php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
 php_value register_globals 1
</IfModule>

And it does work for everything, so I don't know if it could fail just for some processes.

I came to the point I'd pay to solve this erf.

Anyway, will keep trying

++

dcz, there is a patch for global register. Maybe you should try that with your fresh installed osC. I didn't test the latest osC_Paypal_IPN 1.3 module, which was modified by Terra. I think she has put in the codes for the global register issue, but it might not be a stable version. Anyway, it's worth trying.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I didn't test the latest osC_Paypal_IPN 1.3 module, which was modified by Terra. I think she has put in the codes for the global register issue, but it might not be a stable version. Anyway, it's worth trying.

Ho jeezzz, could this only be it ? which version are you using ?

I try working this direction, thanks a lot ;)

++

I'm using version 1.1. It was saying that the .htaccess method to work arround register global issue should work, with version 1.3, in the osC Paypal IPN official thread.

There maybe other server settings causing the IPN module fail. I don't know exactly how, but I helped Robert in this thread, just moved to one other host and everything work fine without any touch.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks, Unfortunately, moving host is not an option here.

Anyway, tried the register global patch and ipn 1.3, could not get through the checkout process.

Then, I tried with all other version, uninstalling and reinstalling teh ipn module, both on my working site and test fresh install, the same.

So I guess there is a problem with the server settings. erf. I guess I'll start posting in the ipn support thread now, will try to work server side and register global patch side as well, to see if I can get through the checkout process.

Then, I found out the change made to checkout_process.php by the download controller where not updated in paypal_ipn.php, so I as well tried this case in my testings, with no success.

I just wish testing could go faster than this, each try with paypal dev is quite long ...

Thanks again.

will post here as well if I find a clue on this.

++

• 2 weeks later...

just installed download control........ keep getting this error at paypal sandbox: We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

I have had this meeage now for a week. any pointers? Sean

just installed download control........ keep getting this error at paypal sandbox: We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

I have had this meeage now for a week. any pointers? Sean

Sean, did you try it before installing downloads controller? The error message 3005 from paypal sandbox is telling you that there is some problem with the communication between ipn module and sandbox.

To find out what went wrong in your case, you'd better keep your osC as simple as possible. A clean install with official paypal ipn module only is highly recommended. Also check your sandbox accounts settings, and your host server settings. You'd probably need to find your answer at paypal developer central forum, and the official paypal ipn support thread.

Sean, DC will not cause this 'message 3005' error. All it does is that it add new order status values to the database, and check if the status is valid to allow download. It has nothing to do with paypal.

The message 3005 error you got from sandbox is not caused by download controller. Download controller has nothing to do with Paypal.

Just remove the download controller, and see if the message 3005 go away.

That depends on what you set in the 'Downloads Controller Order Status Value', in the admin page under Configuration>Download.

Let's say if you set it to 10, then only those orders with a status value exceeds 10 allowed to download. You need to set 'Set Paypal Acknowlaged Order Status' above 10, and 'Set Preparing Order Status' below 10, in PayPal IPN module settings. Also in the Localization>Order Status, you need to assign a value below 10 to the default order status.

Sean, there is aomething wrong with your IPN module. No feedback from paypal found in the order records, so every order is still 'Payment Processing'. You have to fix the problem with IPN module before going further. I think you still get the message 3005 error from sandbox, for there is no successful payment in your order list.

Edited by AlexStudio

Hello alex,

Just to tell you all that I never could fix this 3005 issue, and it seems now it's erver side issue with subdomains.

I just gave up with this one, while further invetigations are going one, but acvtually, this is the kind of things that's either

I don't know why, but I could not edit my previous post sent before I was ready, so here is the full story, and sorry for inconvenience.

Hello Alex,

Just to tell you all that I never could fix this 3005 issue, and it seems now it's server side issue with sub-domains, as I recently encountered some very astonishing behaviour with another script using fsockopen() and sub domain settings (worked only with www.example.ext domains actually, did not have time to check for IPN as I need it for a sub domain and I have no choice on this).

I just gave up with this one, while further investigations are going one, I doubt though I'll find out fast, as if it's as I believe it is now a server side issue, then, it's most likely due to my ISP special settings, even though it's dedicated server, some services are customized.

I'll make sure to post here if I found out a clue.

Thanks a lot for your support.

++

First of all Thank you very much for this great guide!

I'll definetly send a donation to Linda @ http://www.webmakers.com/ and of course to you.

My question:

......continue

installing Downloads Controller 5.3 MS2.2

8. ...

If you have a fresh osC installed, and also with the working osC Paypal IPN module mentioned above, you can just drop all 3 folders with their contents on to your catalog folder, overwrite all existing files...

I've set up a brand new OSC installation from oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.

I compared e.g. the general.php (catalog\includes\functions) which is inside the contribution of Download Controller 5.3 MS2.2 with the general.php which is available in the latest original OSC installation.

The "old one" in the contribution has less code than the new one:

For example the part, there are several other parts missing:

line 916 of general.php shipped with the download controller contrib:

// Return a product ID from a product ID with attributes
 function tep_get_prid($uprid) {
$pieces = explode('{', $uprid);

return $pieces[0];
 }

////

line 916 of general.php shipped with current orginal version of oscommerce 2.2 ms2

// Return a product ID with attributes
 function tep_get_uprid($prid, $params) {
if (is_numeric($prid)) {
  $uprid = $prid;

if (is_array($params) && (sizeof($params) > 0)) {
	$attributes_check = true;
	$attributes_ids = '';

reset($params);
	while (list($option, $value) = each($params)) {
	  if (is_numeric($option) && is_numeric($value)) {
		$attributes_ids .= '{' . (int)$option . '}' . (int)$value;
	  } else {
		$attributes_check = false;
		break;
	  }
	}

if ($attributes_check == true) {
	  $uprid .= $attributes_ids;
	}
  }
} else {
  $uprid = tep_get_prid($prid);

if (is_numeric($uprid)) {
	if (strpos($prid, '{') !== false) {
	  $attributes_check = true;
	  $attributes_ids = '';

// strpos()+1 to remove up to and including the first { which would create an empty array element in explode()
	  $attributes = explode('{', substr($prid, strpos($prid, '{')+1));

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($attributes); $i<$n; $i++) {
		$pair = explode('}', $attributes[$i]);

if (is_numeric($pair[0]) && is_numeric($pair[1])) {
		  $attributes_ids .= '{' . (int)$pair[0] . '}' . (int)$pair[1];
		} else {
		  $attributes_check = false;
		  break;
		}
	  }

if ($attributes_check == true) {
		$uprid .= $attributes_ids;
	  }
	}
  } else {
	return false;

Is it possible some how to use the latest original general.php and just add the required code for the download controller?

yes you can. You installed the latest release of osC, and there are many fixes in the codes. Don't drop the DC 5.3 files into the folder, add those codes manually.

yes you can. You installed the latest release of osC, and there are many fixes in the codes. Don't drop the DC 5.3 files into the folder, add those codes manually.

I think its not that easy to identify which code.

To find out which code, I think I would need the original code in Version MS1 to compare.

Any other idea? If not where can I get OSC MS1?

The codes came with the MS2.2 release, and the new codes came with the latest patch release. Just add the download controller codes at the end of your general.php, and it should read like this:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
?>

The codes came with the MS2.2 release, and the new codes came with the latest patch release. Just add the download controller codes at the end of your general.php, and it should read like this:
  // BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
?>

I compared all "old files" with "new files". There are not only fixes in the general.php.

It took me about 5 hours to merge the webmakers DownloadController modification into the lates OSC 2.2ms2-060817 Build.

The good thing is, that all webmakers modification are marked at the begining with

BOF webmakers and end of modification with EOF webmakers

Currently I'm testing, if it works, I can upload it to the DownloadController Contrib if requested.

Is it possible to offer free downloads e.g. for "promotion purposes"?

I search this topic for the keyford "free", but did not found any solution except the guy who had a problem with its voucher and total 0$. But there was no exact link to his found solution, except this: Contribution: PayPal IPN Update (27 Jan 2005), which did not really helped :(

If I'm currently have a downloadable product with price and weight 0, and have the PayPal IPN module activated, I'm not able to download it for free.

Is it possible to offer free downloads e.g. for "promotion purposes"?

I search this topic for the keyford "free", but did not found any solution except the guy who had a problem with its voucher and total 0$. But there was no exact link to his found solution, except this: Contribution: PayPal IPN Update (27 Jan 2005), which did not really helped :(

If I'm currently have a downloadable product with price and weight 0, and have the PayPal IPN module activated, I'm not able to download it for free.

I would help if I could but I got a different problem - can't get a link. Been messing around about 8 hours with downloads controller. Using Linux and have folders CHMOD properly, have experimented with download folder from 755 to 77 in tandem with admin/downloads redirect on and off, paypal completes to "2 processing" (though I have it set to "3 payment processing" in admin/modules/payment) it shows when order was complete "2 processing" and "PAypal IPN Verfied" ) in "my account".

Bottom line, I cannot get a link to show up no matter what. I got all the processing setting right, right values, "downloads controller update status is 12 and download controllers order status is 10;

Any tips out there? I am using ultimate seos - is this an issue? I am about ready to just throw in the towel on this.