• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

I'm glad it worked :D

Maybe I'll just go through several re upload myself to see what it does :D

I'd really love to know where could the process stop with ipn in my case.

As said, I can go pay in the sandbox, I see the order with corrects amounts and get the order admin side.

It's when I push pay in paypal that is stops working.

I'd like to know if at this stage paypal already accessed the ipn file, to find out if it's a file access problem which I doubt, but could be an odd one, or some server setting making the use of some variable impossible or something.

++

dcz,

Maybe you could run that test again, but this time have your FTP client running, and just before you click pay in Paypal, rename paypal_ipn.php to something else.

If Paypal won't complete the process with a renamed paypal_ipn.php, then it's using that file in the transaction completion. ..ya know what I mean?

I guess this woudn't be positive proof, but it might give you a hint. Then you could test other files too.

Mark

Do you guys use your FTP client in ASCII or Binary mode?

It seems like somewhere I saw we should use ASCII mode. My transfers never work right in ASCII mode. I always use Binary mode or else the files become corrupted.

I think I ran across that in one of the instructions I read... and I may have transfered some files in ASCII mode too. That might be where my corrupted files came from !?!?!

Mark

I have this working perfectly, thanks to this thread :)

One thing however - what if I want the users to be able to buy a product WITHOUT having an account:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,login

How would the Downloads Controller behave with that? Where would the product download link appear?

I am not sure about your problem.

Where you able to use sanbox ?

What where your settings ?

Then, looking at my issue further, I see on this post : http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/mess...;message.id=368

under Option 3, that I need to set Auto Return to enable as well.

But I am not sure about that since this post does not talk about it, then, I don't know which URL I'd be supposed to post there.

Then, looking at the code, there is something I don't get.

In paypal_ipn.php I find this :

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

Wich seems to be used to in the form sent to paypal.

But there is no ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php files on my server, and in the same post I mentioned, they say :

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="your_ipn_url_here">

Anyway I tried to put the real notify url in it (the one posted in paypal settings : http://yourdomain/catalog/includes/modules.../paypal_ipn.php ) and it did not change anything.

I am really confused here, it seems the easiest part, but I can't get it.

Could someone tell me if 1) he is able to access sandbox now, and 2) with what settings in paypal dev.

I just created two account, one regular, one business, I can pay, using the regular paypal module, but I cannot go further than the good old "3005" paypal error screen after I push pay at paypal.

Hi All,

Sorry I don't know the answers to any of these questions! But I do remember seeing one thing (somewhere?) that had to do with Sabiana's "product WITHOUT having an account". Someone asked this question and it was not answered, but did have a reply. The reply was a caution... The answer simply stated that you probably don't want all the problems that will come with having a customer, that doesn't have an account.

Since, in this case, you wouldn't have any information on the customer. Hackers and bad guys could be doing returns, wanting refunds, etc., for products they didn't ever buy and you couldn't verify it.

It sounded like there had been big problems in the past, so the discussion didn't even go any further.

The only reason this hooked my attention, was becasue I was wondering the same thing, but my interest was pertaining to free downloads, used as promotions tools.

I'm not sure I've completely given up on the idea yet, so if anyone has any additional info, I'd be interested.

Mark

I agree with you mark for the guests ;)

All, right comparing again with the regular module, I can get user auto redirected to the shop using the checkout_process.php as a return URL, but this does not help the ipn module ...

++

I agree with you mark for the guests ;)

All, right comparing again with the regular module, I can get user auto redirected to the shop using the checkout_process.php as a return URL, but this does not help the ipn module ...

++

Isn't that just bypassing the IPN module?

to Mark and Sanbaina, YES, I have replied that 'purchase without account' question twice in this thread.

to DCZ, I finally got what caused your problem.

But there is no ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php files on my server
It will not work if you don't have this file in your server!!!!! Check your osC Paypal IPN module package and see if there is a folder named 'ext'. You have to drop that folder into your catalog folder as well!! Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your guide, it's top!

Got upto step 13, but however, when I purchase a downloadable item, I pay via Paypal, but the link doesn't appear instataneous, even though payment has been recieved.

I, as the seller, have to go to the order in admin, and manually change the status, for the download to become available.

Can you advise me on this please?

Thank you

Tom

to Mark and Sanbaina, YES, I have replied that 'purchase without account' question twice in this thread.

That's where I read it! :rolleyes:

I must have already dropped it, casue I just checked and it's in both places.

Man, I'm in a huge learning curve right now... I can't remember half of what I need to know!?!?

Tom, what comments you got in those orders verified by paypal, but the status didn't update automatically?

If it's like "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; US$150)]", the payment is 100% ok, and the problem may be the order status settings. Otherwise it might be the setting of currency setting in both IPN module and paypal account profile, which can cause complete but invalid results, and the order status will not update.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks for quick reply Alex, this is what appears when I goto the order page in admin:

Order # 11

Order Date & Time 08/16/2006 15:08:34

Payment Method: PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x Test Purchase

- Shipping Options: Instant Download 0% ?1.00 ?1.00 ?1.00 ?1.00

Sub-Total: ?1.00

Total: ?1.00

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

08/16/2006 15:09:24 4 Delivered

08/16/2006 15:09:32 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; ?1.00)]

When I goto phpMYadmin > order_status > BROWSE, my alterations appear like this:

orders_status_id language_id orders_status_name

1 1 1 Pending

2 1 2 Processing

12 1 12 Updated

11 1 11 Downloads Now Available

4 1 4 Delivered

3 1 3 Payment processing

When I goto modules>Paypal IPN, my settings are like this:

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

True

E-Mail Address

***my email***

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

4 Delivered

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

***my email***

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Also, my Paypal account to which I recieve payments is not yet verified, could this have something to do with it?

Thank you for your continued support.

Tom

Just checked out my Paypal account, and found this option:

Instant Payment Notification Preferences

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activate Instant Payment Notification

Before activating Instant Payment Notification, please read the instructions to ensure that you can support the notification system.

Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below.

Notification URL:

?????

Also, what would the notification URL be? the root of my website?

Thank you

Tom, you got 100% verified payment, don't touch anything at paypal. It is the IPN module setting which is causing your problem.

You should set it to 'Download Now Available'.

If you want to try to turn on Instant Payment Notification at your paypal account, put the ipn.php in the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL, like:

http://yourdomain.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

It was told not to turn IPN on at paypal side, in the official IPN module support thread. It might cause some problem in some cases. The osC IPN module has these settings 'built-in', so you can leave it as it was.

?????

Also, what would the notification URL be? the root of my website?

Thank you

Tom,

Try this. It's from a past post (Alex, I think).

Then in the sandbox, seller's profile, Instant Payment Notification Preferences, turn IPN on, with the URL

http: //yourdomain/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php then save.

Edited by messlinger

Mark, please refer to my last post. The IPN URL should be the inp.php, not paypal_ipn.php

Tom, you'd also change this

4 Delivered

to '2 Processing' as well, so you would not get confused which orders were not paid, and which were really delievered.

Hi Alex,

I've changed them settings, but it still doesnt seem to be working. Below is what it says on the order page:

Order # 13

Order Date & Time 08/16/2006 17:08:42

Payment Method: PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x Chekkle checkle check

- Shipping Options: Instant Download 0% ?1.00 ?1.00 ?1.00 ?1.00

Sub-Total: ?1.00

Total: ?1.00

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

08/16/2006 17:09:30 2 Processing

08/16/2006 17:09:37 11 Downloads Now Available PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; ?1.00)]

and here are my new settings for the paypal IPN module:

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

True

E-Mail Address

***my email***

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

--none--

2 Processing

11 Downloads Now Available

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

***my email***

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Tom, what do you have in the Download settings under admin->configuration?

to DCZ, I finally got what caused your problem. It will not work if you don't have this file in your server!!!!! Check your osC Paypal IPN module package and see if there is a folder named 'ext'. You have to drop that folder into your catalog folder as well!!

I wrote too quick, I do have this one, erf. I am loosing faith here.

I found out the install.html was telling to use /ext/modules/payment/paypal/ipn.php instead of catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php as told in the first post, fixed this, tryed as well to turn off IPN in paypal account as the install told it was not required, tryed both with or without auto return, even tried to add the ext/ URL as I saw a post in paypal forum telling this worked for him under other circumstances, anyway, every time it's the same.

erf, I am losing faith.

At least I have found another file to investigate, as I first tried to understand how paypal could work with the payment module file :D

++

All right.

Here is the weirdest thing now.

I received a mail from the ipn module !!!

Which is great, but, as I never received any, I did not check my mail for a while yesterday, and find out I received it after I already changed settings in paypal.

The mail is basic, it's subject is PayPal IPN Invalid Process

It's content :

$_POST:

$_GET:

So I guess those two where empty and this is the reason why the operation broke (I still cannot pass through the 3005 message). And this makes a lot more sense to me, but the problem is I never was able to reproduce this mail send.

What first confused me while installing this module is the first post telling :

Then in the sandbox, seller's profile, Instant Payment Notification Preferences, turn IPN on, with the URL http://yourdomain/catalog/includes/modules.../paypal_ipn.php then save.

Then the html installs tells it's :

IPN

You do NOT need to enable the IPN in your PayPal account as all the required information is sent by the module. If you do wish to activate it, then the notify URL is the pathway to the /ext/modules/payment/paypal/ipn.php file.

Where in the end it must be : /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

This is no big deal, and I really appreciate the help you give us all here Alex, but these two made me crazy for couple days I am new to os commerce (but not to php). A nice edit would ....

Anyway, this seems to be a great occasion to see what is the beast made of.

So This being said, the combination I tried, while attempting to reproduce this mail send, as this would make sure the file is being accessed, and to narrow the cause of my problem (empty $_GET coule be related to some simple global problems), I tried both with or without IPN checked at paypal, tried with or with auto return with both the ipn.php url and the regular checkout one, just in case, tried as well to turn PDT on, just in case again and on both URLs, never got any mail :(

So I started adding some simple debug option, to send a mail rigth the second the ipn.php file is accessed adding this after the application_top.php require :

$email_debug_body = 'Request_uri : ' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] . "\n" . '$_POST array : ' . var_export($_POST, TRUE)  . "\n" . '$_GET array : ' . var_export($_GET, TRUE);
tep_mail('', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_DEBUG_EMAIL, 'file accessed', $email_debug_body, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Then, there was a bug in file transfer it seems, even though I uploaded the file several time, it seemed something was wrong until I actually deleted it before I re upload it, any way, now, I receive two mails upon every direct access to the file.

But still none during the payment process, so I assume Paypal is no even accessing the file in the end.

I don't understand why exactly as I can load the file remotely and get mailed (I receive them right the second they are posted as well).

I don't know if a server setting could block post vars in this case, there is no .htaccess disallowing anything here.

I tried uninstalling the SEO URL V2 to see if it changes something, nothing, erf.

Actually, even If I comment the notify_url parameter in paypal_ipn.php and set IPN to off and return url to ipn.php, the file is not accessed by paypal.

Where I stand know after having implementing some debug in paypal_ipn.php is this :

Request_uri : /checkout_confirmation.php
$_POST array : array (
 'payment' => 'paypal_ipn',
 'comments' => '',
)
$_GET array : array (
)
was in confirmation()
was in process_button()
$process_button_string  :

As you see I just added a var storing datas, and send them through mail after, the process stops in process_button() and there is nothing in $process_button_string .

The $_POST array seems correct.

So I think this could be the final cause, an empty $process_button_string or am I wrong ?

Thanks for who ever has enough goodness to follow me ;)

++

dcz, I suggest you to clean install another copy of osC, with osC_Paypal_IPN module. You're making your problem more and more complicated, it is not the right way to go. Keep everything as simple as possible, and see if it works.

Find out if your server has global register turned off or not. Servers with global register off will make IPN not to work.

Thanks for supporting my efforts Alex ;)

Actually, I take this as an occasion to go further in understanding the process. I'd prefer it to work straight though :)

My last debug results are the

tep_draw_hidden_field($key, $value) does not return any value in process_button(), but the $key, $value are set well with correct datas.

So some register global issue could explain it, but it is turned on, through .htaccess though, I don't know if this could be our issue here, but for sure this empty tep_draw_hidden_field look like something like it, but it does not change anything if I add the php_flag or value to it. And the $GLOBALS array is filled.

I am currently installing a fresh oscommerce to see how it looks.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

++