• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

Bump...

Anyone see this back a few posts?

Anyone have any ideas? I sure could use some help!

Mark

Hi All,

Ok, I've installed this OSC, IPN and the Download Controller. I've been following directions closely and doin gthe tests as I go.. all in accordance with the instructions and this thread. I only see one problem, and it's big!

When I purchase an item as a buyer, that buyer has his purchased download in his account before I hit Confirm Order. Right after I hit "Continue", during the ordering process, I can check his accout and the download is there.

Can anyone point me to a setting I missed or something?

TIA

Mark

Mark, there should not be any download before the order went to checkout_confirm page. If this was happening in you store, it is a big problem, but it does not relate to either paypal ipn module nor download controller.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I told you it's a dl manager issue, you probably did not set it up fully.

Take great care setting up the order status.

Steps 10, 11 & 12 of this post : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=730465

In addition for my concern, paying using the regular paypal module does work for me.

All I do is set up a proper order status in return, being over the one dl manager is waiting for and under the updated one in case you want to manually activate the link.

I guess all I miss in comparison to ipn is that users must use the return to this site link for the DL link to show up where the ipn module will allow it to work in all cases after payment right ?

In case a user do not use the return link, I'll stil be able to figure out he paid and manually update the link, so it's kind of ok, but Id really love to get hinted on my ipn issue.

I really don't think I messed up upon install, could be the SEO URL to do it, kind of how it messed up with comments, I don't know.

Thanks to whoever will have pity on me :D

++

That's why you need the download controller : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=730465

Are you able to use the paypal sandbox ?

dcz,

Were you talking to me here? Sorry, I didn't realize!

I am using the Download Controller and the PP Sandbox.

The way I've done all of this is to install everything straight from this thread (all inclusive), plus I've followed all the installation notes found in the contrib packages, seemingly to the letter!?!?

I really appreciate all the help from you guys! I'm just a little lost.

Mark

dcz,

Thanks!

Right now I'm going back over those steps again. I'm also capturing some screen shots that I'll post in a few minutes.

The thing is.. I've been through these steps about a million times. I know something has to be wrong!?!?

I'll get back with you a few minutes! Thanks again!

Mark

dcz, did you modify any code in the paypal ipn module? If not, it seems to me that your sandbox settings are causing this 'message 3005' error. Otherwise it might be whatever you did to modify the ipn module. You'd better check the paypal developer central forum.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

All you need in the end is to make sure

Set Preparing Order Status is set to "3 Preparing [PayPal IPN]", Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to "11 Downloads Now Available" in the ipn payement module set upand to follow exatcly all other step eg, seting up odrer status and dl manager option and to do the phpmyadmin trick with order status IDs.

It shoudl work.

And it's very possible a small mess up here could explain what you're experiencing, for example if the order statu get higher than the Downloads Controller Order Status Value in download settings (this one should be set to 11, but is two by default, so it's activated as soon as you go through the first ipn step which is setting it to 3, you got it ?)

++

dcz, did you modify any code in the paypal ipn module? If not, it seems to me that your sandbox settings are causing this 'message 3005' error. Otherwise it might be whatever you did to modify the ipn module. You'd better check the paypal developer central forum.

Thanks for answering :D

Actually nope, I did not mod anything. All I did was mod the regular module to use the sandbox url to perform my testings.

The other one having the same issue I saw did ask paypal and the answer was "cookie or cache setting", which means "deal with it" to me.

Then, the sandbox accounts do work as I can test them with the regular payment module.

I set up a regular and a business account.

Could someone confirm the sandbox is now working with ipn ?

As I said the first part of the process goes well, I can log in to pay and receive the "level 3" order in admin, but I cannot go further than this.

I don't know how I could debug this, maybe I'll set up some extra array in the class to grab every events and store them upon each steps ... Because I don't even receive a debug mail, I don't know if I should going this far in the process though.

++

dcz, you didn't get the debug email, probably because the ipn module never get the feedback from paypal. You could only get an debug email when the ipn module received the feedback, and the payment is not success.

Testing with regular paypal module will not do much help, since it doesn't need any feedback. 'message 3005' error may cause by many things, not only cookies and account settings. You'd better ask paypal for help.

Ok, I went through the directions again. And I checked the database for accuracy.

I did have the following settings wrong, but I corrected them. Thanks!

All you need in the end is to make sure

Set Preparing Order Status is set to "3 Preparing [PayPal IPN]", Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status to "11 Downloads Now Available" in the ipn payement module set upand to follow exatcly all other step eg, seting up odrer status and dl manager option and to do the phpmyadmin trick with order status IDs.

BTW, I do have Paypal IPN turned on.

After all this checking and changing, I did another purchase through the site using the Sandbox. Again, after I hit "Add to Cart" and then hit "Checkout" everything looks good. (There is no download available yet).

Then I click on "Continue" and the customer has the ability to download the item.

Just in case it'll help, here are a few pics of what I have:

image1.gif

image2.gif

image3.gif

image4.gif

Thanks Mark

messlinger, did you make sure the "Downloads Controller Order Status" is set to 10 in the downloads settings ?

Yes it is..

That would have shown if the pics had worked... How do you display a pic on this forum. I plugged in the url of the pics and nothing shows!?!?

It seems it's just the paypal ipn settings then :

set preparing order should be set to 3 payment processing and set acknowledge order status to 11 download available now! ;)

Still fighting with sandbox. What I don't get is where does the process exactly stops.

It seems to me that the paypal_ipn file is being used as order showing up in admin come from there but ...

++

It seems it's just the paypal ipn settings then :

set preparing order should be set to 3 payment processing and set acknowledge order status to 11 download available now! ;)

Still fighting with sandbox. What I don't get is where does the process exactly stops.

It seems to me that the paypal_ipn file is being used as order showing up in admin come from there but ...

++

Ok, I've just about given up. I really need a store, and I hate to give up!?!? I worked on this for a couple weeks before I started asking questions. I was discovering OSC, IPN, and the DL packages.

Then I learned enough (mostly from this thread) to install all of them about a dozen times now. Then I started asking questions here.

Now... I made the changes shown in the quote (above). Thanks dcz!

I'm still having the same problem though. Before I click the Checkout Button, I can download the file from the customer account, while logged in to a different (new) browser.

Something else I noticed on these last rounds was that in Customer>Orders, this downloadable file (before Checkout) is listed as a 3 Payment Processing. And after I click on Checkout, Customer>Orders shows 11 Downloads Now Available.

--But keep in mind, after I clicked Continue, and before I clicked Checkout, the file was available for download ALL the Time (see Pic).

Image7.gif

One more thing... There is no Download Button. Isn't there supposed to be? I thought I read that. I don't have a "Button" at any time. All I have is the item name, which is a clickable link (see Pic).

Image6.gif

Any and all help will be appreciated!!

Mark

So if you guys see anything I need to change in the above pics, please let me know.

Also, Here's one more pic... Which one gets set to "Default"?

Thanks!

Image5.gif

Is there a preference as to which one is set to "Default"? Maybe that's screwing it all up?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, what do you mean you can download the product before checkout?

If your order didn't went to checkout pages, they're just items in cart which is not possible to be downloaded. Can you post a picture about the order detail page with download link before checkout?

The default order status you have (1 pending) is ok.

Hi AlexStudio,

Thanks for the reply and help! It's fixed now. More on that in a minute....

To answer your question... Yes, when I was still in the cart, I'd click "Buy Now" for my test item, then I'd click "Add To Cart", then I'd click "Checkout", then I'd click "Continue", then I'd go open a new browser and log in to the same customer and go to his "My Account" page, and there was the picture you see in the "Orders" picture (posted above). I didn't have to click on the "Confirm Order" button or go to Paypal or anything.

If I tried the download, it worked. (Easy Ripoff by Mr. Hacker!!)

Now the fix.... I have know idea what was really wrong. I'm guessing a bad FTP or some corrupted code somewhere. I couldn't find anything, so I just started working backwards through all the instructions. I was double checking settings and reloading files by FTPing them all again.

I had FTPed all the Download Controller files again, right over the top of the originally installed files. I had checked all the settings, again. Trying the system again I still had the same problem.

Next I started reFTPing all the files for the IPN, and checking all those settings, being careful not to mess up anything that would effect the DL Controller files. Trying the system this time gave me the download Button that you guys mentioned. It also secured the whole process. It works like gold!

I really appreciate all the help from you and dcz! DO YOU HEAR THAT DCZ??

I don't know who could have found this in the code?!? And I have no idea how it got screwed up!?!?

So, how do ya make this thing pretty? :-"

Thanks a ton!

Mark

I'm glad it worked :D

Maybe I'll just go through several re upload myself to see what it does :D

I'd really love to know where could the process stop with ipn in my case.

As said, I can go pay in the sandbox, I see the order with corrects amounts and get the order admin side.

It's when I push pay in paypal that is stops working.

I'd like to know if at this stage paypal already accessed the ipn file, to find out if it's a file access problem which I doubt, but could be an odd one, or some server setting making the use of some variable impossible or something.

++