• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

First off, thank you for creating these instructions for testing... Although, I am finding it difficult still to navigate through....

Ok, I agree I have no clue...lol...that said here are my stupid questions....

You state:

5. Upload a samll test.zip file to /catalog/download for later testing. The file size should be no larger than 1Mb. We want to make sure everything works fine before we approach forward. The smaller file seems to be less problematic. It doesn't matter what you put in the test.zip, but make sure you can unzip it without problem. Naming that .zip file is crucial for download to work properly later.

How do I create a samll test.zip file? I apologize but I am not a programmer and am a novice at this... I apologize for the questions...

Terry

You don't need to turn on IPN in paypal preferences page. In some cases you must turn it off to prevent problems. It was a mistake in this instruction.

You can test it with any file you want, don't need to be a zip file. A samll image file is also good for testing.

If you still want to know 'how to create a zip file', well, do a search in google or yahoo.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello AlexStudio-

I sure hate to bother you, but I have a problem that could be related to this. I process payments through Paypal (have used others, same effect), but for some reason the shipping option is skipped when I add an attribute for that item.

I'm not using the 'download controller' as I use Paypal and not cc's. Do you think that the problem is at the checkout_shipping. It is somehow recognzing the physical product as virtual. Do you happen to have any ideas. I feel soooo sad, I'm really just trying to reach out to any recent poster that has a clue in general. Been working on this for a coupla weeks now. I'm not too code savy, but follow directions well, but this what's going on is a$$inine.

Appreciate a reference or comments. Thanks- I whined here also.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...29entry880229

Anyone else...comment, jump in, whatever. You could help more people.

Thanks ,all!!

to wenonae, I'm not good at the shipping part. Very sorry that I can't help you.

to Terry, do you need a STEP by STEP instruction about how to create a small file for testing download? You're kidding me, right?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello Alex, and all

I am new to the forum, so bear with me. (I have a live system)

The current issues are as follows:

1. With order status set to 1 pending (no one gets a link until I update the order to either Updated or

Downloads now Available. Which is good

2. Order status set to 3 payment processing (everyone gets a download link with or without payment

being confirm from paypal)

Scenerio:

If I put in a valid CC number and a bogus AVS number, paypayl will not collect payment

but the system will allow downloads.

I had this issue before I installed download controller and I'm still having it. The good thing with the controller I am now able to set the default order status to 1 Pending, and update the order later once I can confirm I have received payment from paypal.

Download controller update status value is set to 10

The system is currently set to 1 Pending because of this issue.

I really appreciate your help in advance.

to wenonae, I'm not good at the shipping part. Very sorry that I can't help you.

to Terry, do you need a STEP by STEP instruction about how to create a small file for testing download? You're kidding me, right?

Alex-

Thanks for commenting. After a lot of brow-beating, I think I figured it out...can't believe it.

I added contribution- "Add weight to attribute v.02" then instead of just 1 attribute, I listed TWO attributes for each item (one with option value ebook download, and one option value shipped supplement). I made sure to remove ALL of the letters and numbers for the attribute that was SHIPPED.

After this ALL worked well. I think the contribution cleared some things. That contribution also has you run an update in the SQL.

I'm much better. THANKS!!!

Claire

I'm asking about the specifics of the file. I know how to create a file, but what exactly do I put in the file. Is it an empty file that you are asking me to upload to catalog/upload. Just trying to get it right Alex.... Sorry but I am a novice at this....weeks into it and just want to make sure paypal is right...

Thanks,

Terry

:

:

2. Order status set to 3 payment processing (everyone gets a download link with or without payment

being confirm from paypal)

:

:

I had this issue before I installed download controller and I'm still having it. The good thing with the controller I am now able to set the default order status to 1 Pending, and update the order later once I can confirm I have received payment from paypal.

Download controller update status value is set to 10

The system is currently set to 1 Pending because of this issue.

I think you have the order status values setting wrong. Please check all those value and settings in ipn module and downloads controller. What did you set for Downloads Controller Order Status Value? And the Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status?

I'm asking about the specifics of the file. I know how to create a file, but what exactly do I put in the file. Is it an empty file that you are asking me to upload to catalog/upload. Just trying to get it right Alex.... Sorry but I am a novice at this....weeks into it and just want to make sure paypal is right...

Thanks,

Terry

It doesn't matter what you put in that file. It's only for testing download. It better be small, and easily openned, so you can check the downloaded file without difficulty.

I think you have the order status values setting wrong. Please check all those value and settings in ipn module and downloads controller. What did you set for Downloads Controller Order Status Value? And the Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status?

Alex,

1. This is the data in my orders_status table:

orders_status_id language_id orders_status_name

1 1 1 Pending

1 4 1 Pending

2 4 2 Processing

2 1 2 Processing

3 4 3 Payment processing

3 1 3 Payment processing

4 4 4 Delivered

4 1 4 Delivered

5 1 Shipped

5 4 Shipped

11 1 11 Downloads Now Available

11 4 11 Downloads Now Available

12 1 12 Updated

12 4 12 Updated

2. Downloads Controller Order Status Value is set to 2

3. Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status: I do not see this option on my paypal pro settings on the admin page. Where else can I look?

4. How do I get to the IPN Module? An old developer did the setup for my paypal pro module

Thanks

Alex,

I made the following changes:

downloads controller update status value=12

downloads controller order status value=10

set order status to 3 Payment processing

now I do not get a link at all for either Successfull/Unsucessfull orders

Alex,

I figured out what my problem is with the IPN module.

I am running paypal pro on my system and the script is written for paypal DC/CC.

The paypal settings for Paypal Pro is different from the ipn module on this example.

Is there anyone out here that has this setup on PAYPAL PRO - DIRECT CREDIT CARD / EXPRESS CHECKOUT?

I appreciate it in advance.

Thanks

Thank you Alex, I will give it a shot.

Terry

Ok, I followed all of the instructions and purchased the test product. When I purchased it, Paypal did send me back to my web site where I saw the download file. However, when I selected the download my screen opened and was just white, no info at all. I checked the download file and it was the same as it was when I saved it.

I checked on the customer's side in Paypal and the debit was made to their account. I checked on the seller's side and the credit was made to the account. Now the only thing that I noticed other than the download not working, was that in the customer orderss section on administration the status of Paypal IPN was "processing" with a RED "X" before the word processing. However, in the comment section it did say Paypal IPN Verified (Completed, Verified $500.00).

Is this what I am looking for? Should the customer notified field be checked green as the others are. And if they are what else do I need to do in testing mode to make this happen?

Also, since I am not downloading products, should I still be concerned that the download doesn't work? If I need to be concerned about the download, what is the next step in troubleshooting this functionality?

Sorry, novice, Terry

If you have the order status 'Download Now Available', with a clickable download link in the oreder detail page, but when you click on that link you only get a blank screen, there should be something wrong with your download function.

1st, check the file name in the download folder and what you set in the product's attribute to see if they match.

2nd, check if you have redirect truned on in a non-unix host. You can only turn on the redirect download if you have a xNIX base host, otherwise the download will not work.

If you have the order status 'Download Now Available', with a clickable download link in the oreder detail page, but when you click on that link you only get a blank screen, there should be something wrong with your download function.

1st, check the file name in the download folder and what you set in the product's attribute to see if they match.

2nd, check if you have redirect truned on in a non-unix host. You can only turn on the redirect download if you have a xNIX base host, otherwise the download will not work.

Thanks Alex,

I was told that the host is Unix Firefox or something like that so I checked and apparently there are two choices for redirect and I had them both set to true. So I unchecked one of them and left it at false. Then I tried and download was zero and not highlighted. So I went back and changed the attributes to 7 day expiration and 1 maximum download and then the download was highlighted and present. Then I was able to download the zip file and open. However, I was not able to open the file as opposed to download it. When trying to open the file I received an error, "compressed zip folder is invalid or corrupted." However, when I opened it, it was okay. I then went into orders and changed the status to "shipped."

Anyway is there anything else I need to do to make sure that this works.... Hopefully that is it! :blush:

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it... :thumbsup:

Thanks Alex,

I was told that the host is Unix Firefox or something like that so I checked and apparently there are two choices for redirect and I had them both set to true. So I unchecked one of them and left it at false. Then I tried and download was zero and not highlighted. So I went back and changed the attributes to 7 day expiration and 1 maximum download and then the download was highlighted and present. Then I was able to download the zip file and open. However, I was not able to open the file as opposed to download it. When trying to open the file I received an error, "compressed zip folder is invalid or corrupted." However, when I opened it, it was okay. I then went into orders and changed the status to "shipped."

Anyway is there anything else I need to do to make sure that this works.... Hopefully that is it! :blush:

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it... :thumbsup:

Okay, now upon returning back to the page after using Paypal I am getting an error... The error say:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in /hsphere/local/home/skeeweea/absolutelybeautifulhairillusions.com/catalog/checkout_success.php on line 20[/color]

Here is some of the code in that file up to line 20..... I don't know what happened because I didn't change anything here in this file.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_success.php,v 1.49 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = 'action=notify&';

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';

}

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

}

Okay, now upon returning back to the page after using Paypal I am getting an error... The error say:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in /hsphere/local/home/skeeweea/absolutelybeautifulhairillusions.com/catalog/checkout_success.php on line 20[/color]

Here is some of the code in that file up to line 20..... I don't know what happened because I didn't change anything here in this file.

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_success.php,v 1.49 2003/06/09 23:03:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the shopping cart page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {

$notify_string = 'action=notify&';

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$notify_string .= 'notify[]=' . $notify[$i] . '&';

}

if (strlen($notify_string) > 0) $notify_string = substr($notify_string, 0, -1);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $notify_string));

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

what did you touch then?

the function tep_href_link() is in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

and in your 2nd last post, you mentioned that you have some error openning the downloaded file. Did that happen when you try to open it before upload?

If you can open the original file without the same error, there may still be some problem with your download.

what did you touch then?

the function tep_href_link() is in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

and in your 2nd last post, you mentioned that you have some error openning the downloaded file. Did that happen when you try to open it before upload?

If you can open the original file without the same error, there may still be some problem with your download.

I never touched the file that you are mentioning at all Alex... I'm getting the error upon my return from Paypal....the page doesn't open I just get that error... I just changed some text in the CHECKOUT_SUCCESS.PHP file at catalog/includes/language/english/.... but then I changed it back....but the purchase was completed because when I went in to check the order it was there...or is there...

I'm not quite certain what is going on...

I think you probably uploaded the checkout_success.php into the wrong place in your host.

Hmm...okay I will check that out....I've been known to do that lol...

I checked, I did, I'm sorry! KISSES!!! :blush:

So Alex are you saying that since the download file won't open, although I can save it and open it, that there is something still wrong with the download process...

Terry

Edited by skeeweeaka

When trying to open the file I received an error, "compressed zip folder is invalid or corrupted."
If you didn't have this error when openning the file before upload, then the downloaded file is not identical to the one you uploaded. The first thing to do, is to make sure that the file in the download folder can be open without any problem. Otherwise you can't tell if it's the file itself or the download that causes this error. Edited by AlexStudio