• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

No, for security reason, I don't sugest using these contribs with 'Purchase Without Account'. It's difficult enough to trace fraud and malicious orders with shipping addresses, even worse trying to trace downloadable orders. Actually I modified 2 other contribs to work with DC5.3 and osC PP IPN, to reach a better security level - 'Email Validation' and 'IP Order Recorder'.

If you think it's ok to take the risk, you need to make them work together by yourself. I can't help you, because I didn't use Purchase Without Account.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Alex,

I have gone through the setup but I still am not getting the downloads buttons in the My Accounts section after the payment transaction. I do know where I am going wrong. I do not know how to CHMOD catalog/pub to 777 or catalog/download to 755.

I despirately need this download function to work completely for my online music store. ANY help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

:

:

I do not know how to CHMOD catalog/pub to 777 or catalog/download to 755.

:

:

CHMOD is a xNIX base command. You can do it at shell operation, or via ftp clients.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

OK, then I try to reinstall from the start again, and see if I have better luck this time.

Now I have reinstalled

- osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113 fresh

- contribution osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

- contribution Downloads Controller v5.2 - MS2.2

Everything was working OK after installing IPN module, but after installing Download Controller I had trouble when coming to PayPal saying "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."

Then I tried changing php coding according to instructions in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp/t189451.html

I solved the problem with error message in PayPal, but the order status was not updated, so no links was available.

Anyone who have any idea what to do ?

Regards,

Gunnar Jonsson

I have this error message before, when I was testing with the PayPal sandbox. In my case, it was my order number in database being repeated, for I re-installed osC and mods many times. I changed the order numbers manually in the database to a higher value, the problem was gone. I don't think it has anything to do with the Downloads Controller.

Also I checked the thread in your post, people are getting this error from time to time. I don't think the modification in that thread really solve anything, but turn out not to update the order status.

Now I have reinstalled

- osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113 fresh

- contribution osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

- contribution Downloads Controller v5.2 - MS2.2

Everything was working OK after installing IPN module, but after installing Download Controller I had trouble when coming to PayPal saying "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."

Then I tried changing php coding according to instructions in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp/t189451.html

I solved the problem with error message in PayPal, but the order status was not updated, so no links was available.

Anyone who have any idea what to do ?

Regards,

Gunnar Jonsson

Hi, first off, great instructions and great site, soo much useful info here.

My problem - I have folowed the instructions to a tea I was ok upto the end of paypal IPN where I was able to download via the link without making payment, I have gone on further with the download controller and afaik everything is as it should be, I add to cart with paypal as payment and shipping as instant download I then get forwarded onto paypal whereas I make my payment, all goes through ok so I click continue and get sent back to my oSC store with the message thankyou for ordering or something to that effect, when viewing the order in my account it still shows as payment processing, when I check in the admin ontroll side, all I have in there is :

Payment Method: PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x test 2

- shipping options: instant download 0% ?0.99 ?0.99 ?0.99 ?0.99

Sub-Total: ?0.99

Total: ?0.99

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments

04/19/2006 00:13:26 3 Payment processing

But no IPN , and sure Iunderstand that without the IPN I wouldn't get the link in my account, so what gone wrong, its almost as if the IPN isn't getting to the store.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I am pulling my hair out now arghhhhh!!!!!

anyway, keep up the good work guys and Im sure you'll be seeing a lot more of me here lol

Regards

Dave

Which gateway did you test with, live or sandbox? I suggest to check the paypal site for payment records first, make sure the payment was accepted. Otherwise there will not be any IPN feedback.

If this problem only happens after DC 5.3 installed, there probably be something wrong with the order status settings.

Ok, not to worry, all sorted now finally, looks like its all coming together nicely.... must get some kip now, been sat here since 9am this morning lol

thanks for the reply alex

Hi I've been following this thread and it has been very useful but I had a problem before I added Download_Controllerv5.3 MS2.2_2 and I still have it now - basically whether its a zip file or an mp3 that is downloaded it is only 1k in size!!! Anyone know how to resolve this please?

Edited by tran-scribe

Have found a 'self fix' - if you're experiencing this problem go to your Configuration panel in the administration area and choose 'Download' then edit the second option in the list 'download by re-direct' and change it to false.... Problem solved!

Hi I've been following this thread and it has been very useful but I had a problem before I added Download_Controllerv5.3 MS2.2_2 and I still have it now - basically whether its a zip file or an mp3 that is downloaded it is only 1k in size!!! Anyone know how to resolve this please?

Thanks I will try that. I thinks its working becuase my status changes from 3 pending IPN to 1 pending (cnfirmation e-mail sent) when a customer (my test with sandbox) pays. Its supposed to go to 11 Downloads Now Available??? Correct??? My store will only offer paypal and is only going to be for downloads. Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to figure this out for days. I will let you know if I get it working.

Thanks,

Robert

You get the status changed from 3 pending IPN to 1 pending, seems not the correct IPN module you're using with. Since you're going to accept PayPal payments, and selling downloadable stuff only, my instuction should be very helpful for you to setup you store. Please follow it exactly step by step, make sure you have the right contribs installed. The order status settings are the most crucial part to make them work smoothly together. Also, you will need to follow the SSL part for the least security protection. Do not skip the SSL part, otherwise your store will be a very easy target for those hackers and malicious users.

Please post any further questions in the thread, I'll try my best to help.

Your post has been extremely helpful but I still have the same problem.

I don't mean to bother you but I have been trying to figure this out for days. I just want to get the downloading part working correctly. I just installed ipn v1.1 like you mentioned. and I also installed the download controller like you mentioned. It gets to the checkout success page and doesn't show the download. I still have to manually input the status to 11 Downloads Not Available.

1) Could it be my paypal Instant Payment Notification Preferences. Does that have to have a URL in it? I have it pointed to payment/paypal_inp.php

2) All my order statuses have been configured with corresponding order staus id's. Even the new ones. 11 = 11 Downloads Now Available, etc.

3)Maybe it's this?

What you mentined about changinging this???

CHMOD /catalog/download to 755, and /catalog/pub 777, also create /catalog/tmp and CHMOD to 777.

How do I change this in my control panel. I have shared hosting.

The other thing I read is the open ssl bin folder. I don't have a bin folder. Do I create one? Where would I place the folder.

What can be wrong??? Iinstalled osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2 Mark Evans 12 Jan 2005 I then installed the download Controller v5.3

Downloads Controller v5.3 - MS2.2 AlexStudio 11 Apr 2006

Same as previous one by lhaase0217 19 Aug 2005, with the missing SQL file.

I can't figure why it would not be working? Please help. Thanks. Its greatly appreciated.

Also,

Do I have to do this?

Admin Side

==========

Add one change to /admin/includes/functions/general.php just prior to the last ?> at the end of the file, add these lines of code:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

NOTE: The function in the downloads_controller.php is a common one I use in my Add-ons.

This means if you get an error for trying to load a duplicate function, you probably do not need this change made to the general.php file.

=======================================================================

Catalog Side

=============

Add one change to /catalog/includes/functions/general.php just prior to the last ?> at the end of the file, add these lines of code:

NOTE: The function in the downloads_controller.php is a common one I use in my Add-ons.

This means if you get an error for trying to load a duplicate function, you probably do not need this change made to the general.php file.

:

:

It gets to the checkout success page and doesn't show the download. I still have to manually input the status to 11 Downloads Not Available.

1) Could it be my paypal Instant Payment Notification Preferences. Does that have to have a URL in it? I have it pointed to payment/paypal_inp.php

As stated in the osC PayPal IPN support thread, you can skip that in your PayPal Preferences page.

What you mentined about changinging this???

CHMOD /catalog/download to 755, and /catalog/pub 777, also create /catalog/tmp and CHMOD to 777.

How do I change this in my control panel. I have shared hosting.

You can do this at your shell command, or modify those folders by using ftp clients. You might want to contact your host support for further help.

The other thing I read is the open ssl bin folder. I don't have a bin folder. Do I create one? Where would I place the folder.

You also need to contact your host support for SSL function. You don't need a dedicated SSL cerification, just the openSSL lib. The location of the openSSL binaries must be set in the PayPal IPN module page to have SSL encryption work. However, you can skip the SSL before you have all other parts working.

Yes, you need these codes in both of your general.php

And make sure you have the product attribute setup correctly, with the corresponding file name in the download folder. Otherwise no matter how hard you try, no download link will be there.

By the way, make sure you tested download function before installing DC 5.3, stated in step 7. If you didn't make sure the download function works before installing DC5.3, it's much more difficult to find out what did you do wrong.

As stated in the osC PayPal IPN support thread, you can skip that in your PayPal Preferences page.

You can do this at your shell command, or modify those folders by using ftp clients. You might want to contact your host support for further help.

You also need to contact your host support for SSL function. You don't need a dedicated SSL cerification, just the openSSL lib. The location of the openSSL binaries must be set in the PayPal IPN module page to have SSL encryption work. However, you can skip the SSL before you have all other parts working.

Yes, you need these codes in both of your general.php

And make sure you have the product attribute setup correctly, with the corresponding file name in the download folder. Otherwise no matter how hard you try, no download link will be there.

Downloads do work before. Doe sthat meanthat I still have to change the permissions from the folders?

And, I haven't changed any files that were listed in the attached text. That may be the problem. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

Downloads do work before. Doe sthat meanthat I still have to change the permissions from the folders?

And, I haven't changed any files that were listed in the attached text. That may be the problem. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

Every other setting is correct. I need to change the permissions and add that info into those file listed in the text file. I'll let you know the outcome.

Hi, I'm a complete newbie and I'm still stuck on getting my certificates. I contacted my host quoting what you had said in the installation guide and they gave me the following response:

We do offer access shared ssl. You can use following url to access it. Else you will have to go for dedicated ssl certificate.

https://milkyway.websiteactive.com/~greengum/

My problem is that I don't know what this means and what I should be doing next (other then employing a professional which isn't an option). Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm a complete newbie and I'm still stuck on getting my certificates. I contacted my host quoting what you had said in the installation guide and they gave me the following response:

We do offer access shared ssl. You can use following url to access it. Else you will have to go for dedicated ssl certificate.

My problem is that I don't know what this means and what I should be doing next (other then employing a professional which isn't an option). Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

The shared ssl is exactly what you need to setup the encryption function. Ask your host for the location of openSSL binaries, you need the exact path to put in the ipn module setting page. To get your self-signed certificate is another thing, it has nothing to do with your host. Either buy one from certs venders, or generate one by using the shareware mentioned in my instruction. Read carefully in the SSL part of this instruction about the correct format which PayPal required, before trying to get one.

I have another problem I'm hoping you may be able to help me with. I have followed your instructions right up to the bit where we start trying to enable encryption except for the instructions regarding downloads as all my products are physical and none require the download capability. When I have tried to test the Paypal IPN module the Paypal payment screen comes up with the following information:

Error icon

Please enter an amount greater than zero.

Your shopping cart is empty.

Shopping Cart

Qty Remove Item Options Price

Cart Empty

Shipping, handling, and tax may be added upon checkout. Amount $0.00 USD

When you click on the update basket option it comes up with the following message:

The recipient of this shopping basket link is not an approved shopping basket user. Please review your selection and try again.

Return to the homepage

I'm not sure what I have done wrong. This is the configuration parameters I have in the Paypal IPN module:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Selected Currency

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Paypal

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

The URL for my website is www.greengumhome.com.au/store. Please help!

Carol, there are some other problems in your store. I created an account in your store, but every time I added an item and tried to checkout, your store just kept logging me off again and again. I couldn't even reach the checkout page to choose a payment module, to find out what's going wrong.

Carol, I went through your order_confirmation page, there might be some problem with your database, for I got the shipping method saying:

AusPOST International Parcel Post (Both AirMail and SeaMail)

Delivery to 12345 - xx days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 0.05kg(s)(incl $2 handling) $9.50(Air) $7.45(Sea)

Where 12345 should be the password or post code I set for my account in your store, be it turned out here to be the country to ship to.

And now I can't log off, no matter how hard I tried, I'm still logged in.

Edited by AlexStudio

Carol, this time I saw you removed the shipping options and the IPN module, I went directly to the live paypal page, with amount=0, postage & packing &0.00 USD.

So, it's not the IPN module causing your problem, you need to find out what did you do wrong before you install the IPN module again.

Carol, this time I saw you removed the shipping options and the IPN module, I went directly to the live paypal page, with amount=0, postage & packing &0.00 USD.

So, it's not the IPN module causing your problem, you need to find out what did you do wrong before you install the IPN module again.

Hi Alex, thanks for all your looking around! This was the original problem I had that caused me to install the paypal ipn in the first place (which someone else had recommended as a fix). I hadn't installed any other contributions before the Paypal IPN and AusPost shipping module (which I installed in that order). I'm at a loss as to what I've done wrong - could it be because when I set up AUD as the default currency I completely deleted USD? Also, could the payment amount be going across as zero because the currency is AUD? Would installing the Paypal in Australian Currency contribution fix that? I didn't install that originally because I wasn't sure if it was compatible with the Paypal IPN.

Hi Alex,

Just a quick note to let you know that I installed the PayPal in Australian (AUD) Currency contribution and that has fixed the problem of the Paypal payment page coming up with no information in it! Now I just have to work out why my customers keep getting kicked out of their secure connection. Thanks for all your help - if you have any thoughts as to the remainder of the faults in my website please let me know!

:-) Carol

Alex,

My hosting (bluehost) said that it might be a problem with the htaccess file. I deleted those to test but the order process is still not updating automatically like we discussed. I called paypal and they gave me a testing link for the ipn.

I'm using linux hosting system that protects directories with htaccess. I deleted the htaccess files and it still didn't work. Can it be permissions to file folders?

To confirm, what is the url you have that is notified when paypal sends back the ipn.

I have http://www.artisticsupplies.com/catalog/in.../paypal_ipn.php

This file has a 403 permission error on it

Does this file have a get or post code in it? How doe s the ipn access my file or send the initiation code?

I can't think of anything else....

I also have a directory in the main root file named ext. I used the paypal ipn tester and received an invalid processing error

$_POST:

txn_type=web_accept

payment_date=13%3A03%3A31+Feb+10%2C+2005+PST

last_name=Ivaskevicius

item_name=SDK+Variable+Matrix

payment_gross=10.01

mc_currency=USD

business=sivaskevicius-ws%40paypal.com

payment_type=instant

payer_status=verified

verify_sign=Aifb66.nQ.44TiZO5t8vrC4moSXYAob2D3fcO5FK4WlWQkFp4tPNDbOH

test_ipn=1

payer_email=sivaskevicius-tech%40paypal.com

tax=0.00

txn_id=5PR370092D467101Y

receiver_email=sivaskevicius-ws%40paypal.com

quantity=1

first_name=Stephen

invoice=invoice

payer_id=FUKEBVKXTFGHC

receiver_id=E6GDUWGYN4HYS

item_number=

payment_status=Completed

payment_fee=0.59

mc_fee=0.59

mc_gross=10.01

custom=

notify_version=1.6

submit_x=52

submit_y=27

$_GET:

Result Code: INVALID

Server Variables :

Array

(

[PATH] => /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

[CONTENT_LENGTH] => 690

[CONTENT_TYPE] => application/x-www-form-urlencoded

[DOCUMENT_ROOT] => /home/artistj0/public_html

[HTTP_ACCEPT] => application/x-shockwave-flash,text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5

[HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET] => ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

[HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING] => gzip,deflate

[HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE] => en-us,en;q=0.5

[HTTP_AUTHORIZATION] => Basic YWRtaW46MzExYWRtaW4=

[HTTP_CONNECTION] => keep-alive

[HTTP_COOKIE] => osCsid=cdc9b17d89bb56744f54981c6f0cd8ac

[HTTP_HOST] => www.artisticsupplies.com

[HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE] => 300

[HTTP_REFERER] => http://paypaltech.com/Stephen/test/ipntest3.htm

[HTTP_USER_AGENT] => Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US;

rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

[REMOTE_ADDR] => 65.117.195.10

[REMOTE_PORT] => 63222

[sCRIPT_FILENAME] => /home/artistj0/public_html/store/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

[sERVER_ADDR] => 70.98.111.51

[sERVER_ADMIN] => [email protected]

[sERVER_NAME] => www.artisticsupplies.com

[sERVER_PORT] => 80

[sERVER_SOFTWARE] => Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2

mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4

FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

[GATEWAY_INTERFACE] => CGI/1.1

[sERVER_PROTOCOL] => HTTP/1.1

[REQUEST_METHOD] => POST

[QUERY_STRING] =>

[REQUEST_URI] => /store/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

[sCRIPT_NAME] => /store/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

[php_SELF] => /store/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

[php_AUTH_USER] => admin

[php_AUTH_PW] => 311admin

[argv] => Array

(

I used the link to test and it was the only file that sent me any feedback. Do I point my url to the ipn.php file in the ext folder or the paypal_ipn.php file located in my modules/payment folder?

http://paypaltech.com/Stephen/test/ipntest.htmIf anyone else has some other idea why my notifications are not updating my orders to delivered please let me know. I have been stuck for days.

Robert, you should also post this to the official osC PayPal IPN support thread, to see if there is anyone who can help. I'm not a programer, nor knowing how exactly the IPN module works. The only thing I know for sure in your case is, that the communication between your site and PayPal side is not working properly, and it's nothing to do with the Download Controller contrib.

There are no statement about the .htaccess setting in the Install guide come with the osC PayPal IPN module. I don't think it was the problem. For your reference, I'm going to check those settings on my site.

Since you have posted the POST and GET results here, I suggest you to change the email address and password you set with your PayPal account before your store goes to live envirement, for security reason.