• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Guide - osC Paypal IPN 1.1 + Downloads Controller 5.3 - on fresh osC MS2.2

AlexStudio

Sorry guys, I didn't check this thread for a while because the board didn't notice me for new posts.

:

:

1. When I make a test order on my live store, it works but I always get (and customer will see) "PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]" in the order comments.

See the weird output in the order history? Is that normal? Why does it say "PayPal IPN Invalid (completed)?" That's weird! Something seems amiss...

:

:

It works but screwy and I don't think the invalid is supposed to be coming back to me. I do receive the payment and the orders come through, customer can download, etc. but thinking this isn't right. Explanation?

I got this weird invalid but completed Paypal feedback before. I fixed that problem in my store by setting up both in IPN module and PayPal account profile to accept US$ only. From then on, no such feedback anymore. I don't know if this is the case in your settings, but worth trying.

2. My next question is regarding SSL and all the unexplained (in the instructions) fields in the lower half of the PayPal IPN settings page, such as private key, public certificate, paypals public certificate, etc.. What I am wondering is how necessary is it that I use SSL for PayPal IPN? First I would need to allow my site to use SSL right? What information is or is not being encrypted by this control? If it's credit card numbers then I don't know why anyone would run a site not using ssl. If it's just order details being passed unencrypted then well, no biggie but still might be worth protecting. So if I do decide to use SSL, do I need to use all of these? Just one? Which one I have no idea.. I am running several sites all using the same PayPal account so I don't want to mess up my other sites by locking myself into only being able to run one (paypal ipn using and ssl enabled) site.

The SSL part in INP module is for PayPal payments' data encryption. It works separately with your site's certifications, but if you already have a SSL secured website, you can use the installed openSSL lib for IPN module.

To use SSL or not is all up to you. All data sent by IPN module, with your customers' personal info and the orders' details, will be encrypted. Worth protecting? You decide.

Actually I have step-by-step instructions regarding how to setup SSL with IPN module. I believe it's in the 3rd post of this thread.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Sorry, last thing here...

My customers are NOT being notified of the sale in their email. I know, because I tried! haha.

and on the ORDERS page, it even has an "X" next to "customer notified", the important one: DONWLOADS NOW AVAILABLE.

I want them to get an EMAIL that gives them the download link, because not everyone always checks their account page for the link. they EXPECT an email. anyone?

Please check the email settings in your admin pages. You have an X next to 'customer notified', that means your osC had tried to send out the email. There also probably be some queues loaded with your email server, which had the emails delayed.

Also notice that if your customers didn't return your store after paying money at paypal pages, the invoice emails could be missed.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 4 weeks later...

i followed these directions, and when i do the order process and everything and dont complete it, then i come back to my order history page and i look inside the order that is logged under 3 payment processing, i still see the download, why is this?

i followed these directions, and when i do the order process and everything and dont complete it, then i come back to my order history page and i look inside the order that is logged under 3 payment processing, i still see the download, why is this?

Check your Download Controller order status value. This value is the check flag to decide if the download is allowed. Any order with status value exceeds this one will grant download access. You must set this value higher than all incomplete payment status' value to disallow download.

Alex, I followed your instructions and while it took some time to finetune it,

it now works perfectly on my webshop.

Little background:

I'm a musician and sell my official CDs through my oscommerce webshop and do

this by the usual shipping and paypal ipn modules. Works great.

One of my CDs is sold out and I have put it up for download with the aid

of Downloads Controller 5.3 and osC Paypal IPN and this is also working great.

Now comes the challenge (it may be easy for some, not for me):

If I want the customer to have the choice to buy the CD or to download I know

I must do this with the product attributes (as done with instant download) but

how will this work with CD (has weight with shipping/paypal) and download (has no weight, no shipping/paypal)?

I guess I have to make 2 Option Values, but I don't know how the downloads controller

will now if it's a CD or a download.

I hope I make myself clear and that this is the right thread for this.

Alex, I followed your instructions and while it took some time to finetune it,

it now works perfectly on my webshop.

Little background:

I'm a musician and sell my official CDs through my oscommerce webshop and do

this by the usual shipping and paypal ipn modules. Works great.

One of my CDs is sold out and I have put it up for download with the aid

of Downloads Controller 5.3 and osC Paypal IPN and this is also working great.

Now comes the challenge (it may be easy for some, not for me):

If I want the customer to have the choice to buy the CD or to download I know

I must do this with the product attributes (as done with instant download) but

how will this work with CD (has weight with shipping/paypal) and download (has no weight, no shipping/paypal)?

I guess I have to make 2 Option Values, but I don't know how the downloads controller

will now if it's a CD or a download.

I hope I make myself clear and that this is the right thread for this.

well, you just add another option for that product, without a downloadable file assigned. Then osCom will see this option as 'physical' rather than 'virtual, there for trigger the shipping.

You need to setup shipping options in admin as well. Otherwise the shipping cost will not take part in the payment.

Edited by AlexStudio

well, you just add another option for that product, without a downloadable file assigned. Then osCom will see this option as 'physical' rather than 'virtual, there for trigger the shipping.

You need to setup shipping options in admin as well. Otherwise the shipping cost will not take part in the payment.

Thanks, I already thought the answer would be in that direction.

I will check out the shipping options.

Right now I have shipping based on weight, one CD package weighing x grams has x shipping costs, 2 CD xx grams etc etc.

I'm curious that if I put in a weight for a product and the customer chooses to download it that no shipping costs will be added. I'm not sure if the downloads controller checks for quantity or weight.

Thanks, I already thought the answer would be in that direction.

I will check out the shipping options.

Right now I have shipping based on weight, one CD package weighing x grams has x shipping costs, 2 CD xx grams etc etc.

I'm curious that if I put in a weight for a product and the customer chooses to download it that no shipping costs will be added. I'm not sure if the downloads controller checks for quantity or weight.

If the customer chooses the download option, without any other physical item, then the order's content type is virtual. Shipping will be skipped there for no shipping cost will be in the total amount.

If the customer chooses the download option, with other physical items, there will be shipping cost for those physical items but not the download item.

If the customer chooses the download option, without any other physical item, then the order's content type is virtual. Shipping will be skipped there for no shipping cost will be in the total amount.

If the customer chooses the download option, with other physical items, there will be shipping cost for those physical items but not the download item.

Sounds easy! :-)

I will check it out when I get home.

I remember when implementing the downloads controller that at one point it gave shipping costs with the download option but that could well be when I was still fine tuning it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I've done three completely fresh installs now and followed the instructions, to the best of my knowledge, to the letter. Everything seems to work except one thing: the free charger option doesn't even appear in my modules>payment as an option. This is kind of the whole point i went through this, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Can't seem to find anyone w/ a similar issue on the forums...

The Free shipping seems to work fine though. I also checked and the freecharger.php file is in the payment folder. I didn't edit or change the code on it.

www.ericbarnhart.com/catalog

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok. I've done three completely fresh installs now and followed the instructions, to the best of my knowledge, to the letter. Everything seems to work except one thing: the free charger option doesn't even appear in my modules>payment as an option. This is kind of the whole point i went through this, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Can't seem to find anyone w/ a similar issue on the forums...

The Free shipping seems to work fine though. I also checked and the freecharger.php file is in the payment folder. I didn't edit or change the code on it.

www.ericbarnhart.com/catalog

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Correction - neither the freeshipper or freecharger option appears. Something called "FREE SHIPPING" does instead in the shipping and nothing in the payment module.

Correction - neither the freeshipper or freecharger option appears. Something called "FREE SHIPPING" does instead in the shipping and nothing in the payment module.

So you are intended to offer free shipping and free payment? Though these are included in the DC 5.3, but I think they are for earlier osCom version, I didn't try them at all.

There is another Downloads Controller support thread, may be you should look for your answer in there too.

Hi,

I have installed osC Paypal IPN 1.1 and Downloads Controller 5.3.

The order status is updated correctly to "downloads available" but nothing is displayed and nothing can be downloaded.

I think the problem is that the table ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD is empty. If i manually add something to that table I can see a link.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi,

I have installed osC Paypal IPN 1.1 and Downloads Controller 5.3.

The order status is updated correctly to "downloads available" but nothing is displayed and nothing can be downloaded.

I think the problem is that the table ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD is empty. If i manually add something to that table I can see a link.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Matt

Did you create a product attribute with a filename to be downloaded? There will not be any download link if you don't have a filename assigned.

Did you create a product attribute with a filename to be downloaded? There will not be any download link if you don't have a filename assigned.

Hi,

Yes I followed your setup instructions and used an attribute "Shipping Options" with a value "Instant Download". I assigned this to the test product and also provided the name of a file that I uploaded to the download directory.

I endabled the CC payment module today and i'm having the same problem with that. Now I really don't know where to look.

Cheers,

Matt

Could you please list all your status value in orders_status table?

And the setting of your Downloads Controller Order Status Value in admin->Configuration->Download.

Could you please list all your status value in orders_status table? And the setting of your Downloads Controller Order Status Value in admin->Configuration->Download.

1 = Pending

2 = Processing

3 = Delivered

4 = Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11 = Downloads Available

12 = Downloads Available (Updated)

Set Preparing Order Status = 4

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status = 11

Downloads Controller Update Status Value = 12

Downloads Controller Order Status Value = 10

1 = Pending

2 = Processing

3 = Delivered

4 = Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11 = Downloads Available

12 = Downloads Available (Updated)

Set Preparing Order Status = 4

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status = 11

Downloads Controller Update Status Value = 12

Downloads Controller Order Status Value = 10

your order status look good to me, so it must be something related to the file.

Since your filename is not in orders_products_download table, no link will be listed. There must be something wrong with your attributes_filename setting.

Probably you didn't fill in the file name correctly.

Edited by AlexStudio

And also check the products_attributes_download table to see if any file listed in there.

And also check the products_attributes_download table to see if any file listed in there.

Hi Alex. Thanks for your help. Making some progress now.. :D

The filenames are listed in products_attributes_download table.

I've added some debug code to checkout_process.php where it is supposed to write to table_orders_products_download and table_orders_products_attributes. It loops through the order but can't find any attributes for the products so it doesn't write anything to the database.

DOWNLOAD_ENABLED = "true"

order->products[0][name] = "Sample Product"

attributes_exist = "0"

products_ordered_attributes = ""

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 18

Alex,

What does this error mean and how do I fix it?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop_dev/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 18

Alex,

What does this error mean and how do I fix it?

Are you using the free payment and free shipping modules came with the DC 5.3 package? Those are for 2.2MS1 and shouldn't be installed on 2.2MS2

One other possible place to see this is in admin/orders.php. The function tep_get_configuration_key_value() is obsolete and should be removed. Here is how to fix it:

Find in catalog/admin/orders.php:

if ( $check_status2['orders_status']==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE ) {
	tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " set download_maxdays = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS') . "', download_count = '" . tep_get_configuration_key_value('DOWNLOAD_MAX_COUNT') . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
  }
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller

Replace with:

if ( $check_status2['orders_status']==DOWNLOADS_ORDERS_STATUS_UPDATED_VALUE ) {
	tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " set download_maxdays = '" . DOWNLOAD_MAX_DAYS . "', download_count = '" . DOWNLOAD_MAX_COUNT . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
  }

And then in catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php reomve:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Downloads Controller
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

If the above fix still didn't sovle your problem, please let me know in which page you got this error.

BTW, I'm going to release a new contrib 'Super Download Shop v1.0' and will make this DC5.3 obsolete.

It doesn't seem to have fixed the error.

I get it when I hit 'check out'

http://www.makepeace.org.au/shop_dev/produ...products_id=563

Please try to remove:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

from catalog/includes/functions/general.php as well, or if you have installed the free shipping module, change it to:

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'downloads_controller.php');

Edited by AlexStudio