osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing in Columns v2.0

djmonkey1

Hi,

All

I just installed the contribution product_listing_columns_2_2_6

I finally get it to work : http://www.electronicasenel.net/index.php?cPath=43

the problem for me now is thet the products are only in one row in the category I show I have 15 products and I only see 3 of them.

What I'm doing wrong ????

Please help me find this error.

The second question is how can I show the products in the same way I see them in the home of my site

http://www.electronicasenel.net/

I wnat to see the products descryption and the VIEW DETAILS button.

Thanks

Mario

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI.

I don't get anty repply to my problem could someone help me with that issue.

Regards,

Mario

Hi,

All

I just installed the contribution product_listing_columns_2_2_6

I finally get it to work : http://www.electronicasenel.net/index.php?cPath=43

the problem for me now is thet the products are only in one row in the category I show I have 15 products and I only see 3 of them.

What I'm doing wrong ????

Please help me find this error.

The second question is how can I show the products in the same way I see them in the home of my site

http://www.electronicasenel.net/

I wnat to see the products descryption and the VIEW DETAILS button.

Thanks

Mario

the trouble u have when u start flooding is u forget all the posts u made, so dont see the replies when they come!!

DON'T FLOOD

See my reply in your other thread!!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded and installed Product Listing in Columns V2.2.8. Everything seems to be working except I cannot limit the number of displayed rows to 2. I'm trying to display my products in 4 columns x 2 rows. Which variable do I need to change to get it working?

I've already tried changing MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS in /include/languages/english/product_attributes.php to 2 and it still doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

I downloaded and installed Product Listing in Columns V2.2.8. Everything seems to be working except I cannot limit the number of displayed rows to 2. I'm trying to display my products in 4 columns x 2 rows. Which variable do I need to change to get it working?

I've already tried changing MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS in /include/languages/english/product_attributes.php to 2 and it still doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Never mind... Found it..

Change the value of "Search Results" in Maximum in administration to the number of products you want to display per page..

• 4 months later...

I have a freash install of 2.2 rc2a with a fresh install of STS 4.5.9 and then a fresh install of Product Listing Columns 2.2.8. I tested everything and everything worked GREAT! I then went to install additional images 2.2.0 and the sts content for that. I LOST my 3 columns after the install. Additional images installed and works, sts is fine but when i click a category the three test products I have set up are just stacked one on top of another. I poked around everywhere and I can't get my beloved 3 columns back! I don't even know what code to post in order to get help :-" but ANY help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed the problem. Now I've a second problem:

In my template it looks like:

TABLE_HEADING_MULTIPLE

Instead of (Hoevveelheid or something else)? How can I Fix this?

You are missing a language definition. You didn't made the changes in the language files as per instructions. There is maybe just english mentioned, you need to do it for your language. Review again the installation instructions wherever it says something about languages

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm using the latest version 2.2.9 and it works great. My only question is about the previous/next navigation bar.

My store has 2 rows set up and when I get to the last page there is only enough products for one row. So the previous/ next bar moves up to the middle of my page.

Is there any way to make the nav bar stay in the same place regardless of the amount of products (1 or 2 rows) ?

I have tried a lot of things but can't seem to make the product listing table an exact size...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 months later...

Hi thanks fo a great contrib

I wonder how i get the product listing to show sold out attributes as "sold out"

is it hard to make it look like on the poduct information page?

I mean, If a customer want to buy boots she choose our category named boots, and can se all our boots, but if she click on one of the boots (image) she will enter the product infomation page... here she can se what sizes there is left and what size is marked sold out.

BUT

If in admin have the:

Display Add Multiples with Buy Now column (checked)

the customer can see right away (before clicking on a special boots theyre interested in) what sizes we have... Only here it doesnt show if a size is sold out like in the product_info page.

I think it would be alot helpful for our customers to se right away, in the product listing page, what sizes we have left and what sizes wich are sold out.

:thumbsup:

Is there a way for this?

• 2 months later...

I installed it, if I choose standardit is working! If I'm choosing "COLUMNS" There is nothing coming at all? I've installed STS!

When I turn on columns the product listing is blank, but works for standard. The poster originally had this problem then said they'd sorted it. Can anyone advise how this was sorted? Thank you.

When I turn on columns the product listing is blank, but works for standard. The poster originally had this problem then said they'd sorted it. Can anyone advise how this was sorted? Thank you.

I fixed this myself. Basically in the FILENAMES.php definition file I added the code to the end of the file instead of replacing as per the instructions. It now renders correctly.

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry if I'm digging up an old post but I thought it best to put it here.

I have OSC 2.2rc2a installed with STS 4.6, Freeamount 3.5e-c and Amount till Free Shipping. V 1.1.

I installed Product Listing Columns 2.2 which worked great. Included with the zip was a file called 'product_listing_tpl.php', the file description basically says it allows you to use HTML layout for the product boxes, exactly what I'm after.

With a bit of fiddling I got 'product_listing_tpl.php' to work in place of 'product_listing_col.php', however now only 'Display Buy now Column' works from the admin/configuration/product listing.

I'm after everything it has plus a quantity box.

The original 'product_listing_col.php' included a quantity box under the 'Display Add Multiples with Buy Now column' option but that doesn't seem to be working with the new file. Previously I had added the quantity box by using http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2113 but my php knowledge is lacking and although I've tried to 'merge' the two I always fail.

I’ll happily post any code anyone needs to see and I’d appreciate any help I can get.

• 3 weeks later...

I also would like to be able to add a row in between product listings, but mostly, I need a way to place a background image behind the table...anyone know where to put the code? I can't figure it for the life of me! :)

Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

Successfully install this add-on on v2.3.1 but one minor problem: even the products are list in column, the heading is still showing Products Name, Price and Buy Now on top. How do I get rid of this heading? And how do I also delete Show Manufacturers on top of this heading?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Successfully install this add-on on v2.3.1 but one minor problem: even the products are list in column, the heading is still showing Products Name, Price and Buy Now on top. How do I get rid of this heading? And how do I also delete Show Manufacturers on top of this heading?

Thank you.

Have you figured this out yet? I am also wondering if anyone figured out how to put a background image behind the table.

I also would like to be able to add a row in between product listings, but mostly, I need a way to place a background image behind the table...anyone know where to put the code? I can't figure it for the life of me! :)

Thanks in advance...

I was able to put the background image behind the table by adding it to .productListingData in stylesheet.css.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I installed this product listing version 2.2.9 on a fresh install (OSC version 2.2rc2a) and it worked great for my 4 columns with 2 rows per page.

I then installed another add-on which got so messed up that I had to just start fresh again...stupid stuff on my part. So being so early on in the install it saved time by just starting over. So I'm back to a fresh install and the product listing in columns is freshly added.

It looks great again EXCEPT that the rows are not calculating properly. It's' not limiting to 8 products per page, it's continuing on to the 9 products that I've added so far. Not sure how much further it will keep going. My admin configuration looks fine with indicating 8 images in all areas and 4 columns.

Anyone know where to point me as to what I'm doing wrong. So scratching head...anyone out there who can help or may know what I've got set wrong? This is a rush site and I'm a bit desperate..... :(

ETA: Here's the link for an example: http://www.zaylaswimwear.com/index.php?cPath=21

Edited by Dianna668

For anyone else with this problem of the number of rows not showing properly, I may have just figured out why but that happened with the rows. I had to choose the option with the "buy now button". It is now displaying the 8 that I have indicated per page correctly. I didn't want the buy-now button or the multiple quantities or the mutliple quantities with attibutes. I didn't have any selected...OOPS! I just wanted the image, title, price and more link. So I'll have to select the "buy now button" option and hard code it out of the product-listing-col.php file, unless anyone knows of a better way. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Installede v. 2.2.8 and it works fine. But I want to show the qyt. and buy now button, price and description under the product image. At present it is over the image, any idea to where I change this, have found the code parts but gets stoppede because of lack in abilities.

/Jesper

• 8 months later...

Just to add to what this contribution is doing, I wanted the search function to list just like the product listing. To do that open "product_listing.php" and look for this:

$listing_sql = $select_str . $from_str . $where_str . $order_str;

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);
?>

Replace with this:

$listing_sql = $select_str . $from_str . $where_str . $order_str;

if (PRODUCT_LIST_STYLE == 'List') {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

} elseif (PRODUCT_LIST_STYLE == 'Columns') {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING_COL);

}
?>

Now the search results will use the same listing style as the rest of the site.

Edited by geomilli

• 1 month later...