• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I've searched for this topic previously, but have found no answers.

Anytime I click on the paypal button to use anytime, an email gets forwarded to me saying "PayPal Error Dump", and the message contains:

In function: ec_step1()

Thats it....any help?

STUFF TO DO:

-change boxes on left side to desired style

-remove default mini pictures (cartoon ones)

-modify some of the text colors

-change text headings ("Whats new here" etc.)

-add shipping modules

-add credit card module that allows to stay on my site

-remove all or all but 3 of the "new products" at bottom of main screen

-change button styles

-add SSL

-add the products from TIGI

Upload the diagnostic script located on the contribution page and make sure everything's installed properly.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I assumed this contrib would work w/out SSL installed...If not well then I'll apply my certificate and then attempt this

STUFF TO DO:

-add shipping modules

-change button styles

-add SSL

SSL is installed (https://www.atelier-salon.com) and when i try to go to https://www.atelier-salon.com/wpp_diagnostics.php it waits a few mins then finally prompts me to dl the file....? using http give me SSL not installed error....

STUFF TO DO:

-add shipping modules

-change button styles

-add SSL

I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume that you're a GoDaddy user. You need to set your proxy address to: http://64.202.165.130:3128

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Good news is that additional currency support seems to work (meaning UK merchants can now use the module), but I need to redo the cc_validation.php file to support the additional credit cards. There's a contribution already for those types of cards, but it's an absolute mess. I'm running short on time, so if anyone else wants to try and clean that up, I'd appreciate it.

By "clean", I mean make it a drop-in replacement for cc_validation.php in the same nice easy to read format, just with the additional card checks.

yes i am a godaddy user. Where do I put that proxy address at? in the wpp diag file?

STUFF TO DO:

-add shipping modules

-change button styles

-add SSL

Hi Dynamo,

I've just finished installing your (nice) PayPal WPP 0.82 module payment and all seems to be good but I can't change the Transaction Currency that is always in USD...

I've looked in "paypal_wpp.php" file but even by erasing the mentioned lines (line 267 and 901), I can't still select Euro in admin.

What is necessary to modify in this case? :blink:

Thanks.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Following your installation instructions, specifically step #1, Under API Access I have 'Grant API Permission' and 'Request API Credentials' in my paypal account profile, but no 'API Certificate Request link' Whats up with that ? Great stuff btw

1. Click on "Request API Credentials"

2. Choose "API SSL client-side certificate," agree to the terms, click "Submit"

3. Click "Download Certificate" and save it to your computer.

Hi. 2 questions regarding this module:

1.) I currently have version 0.7 and figured I should perhaps ugrade to 0.8.2.

A. Is there any 'important' reason to do so? (ie. more secure, etc...)? my current version works great and i've always been told that if it ain't broke don't fix it... Looking at the changelog it looks like the biggest reason might be to get more information populated into the paypal transaction screen, but I don't really need that anyway.

B. If I do go ahead with the upgrade, can i go directly from .7 to .8.2? And do I simply uninstall the module, then upload the new files from the .8.2 zip file, then reinstall the module? (writing down my settings of course)

These would be the files I upload:

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/doDirectPayment.xml

/catalog/includes/wpp_xml/doExpressCheckout.xml

if I don't want the links to change payment method on checkout_payment and checkout_shipping can I just ignore those changes?

2.) I recently noticed a problem on the checkout_payment.php page (I think it's always been like this I just never noticed). After choosing paypal express button, logging into paypal and then hitting 'Review Payment' it brings me back to my site and the shipping page. When i then go to the payment page it only shows the words 'Products Ordered (Edit)' and 'Add Comments About Your Order' and then the comment field and continue button. It does not show the cart contents or the coupon field (I have ccgv installed so i'd like to use this page rather than skipping it via the setting in admin).

Any thoughts on what I can look for on the checkout_payment.php page that is not populating the cart and not showing the coupon field?

Thanks!

I was also looking at the regular install inx (vs. upgrading) and I noticed a whole bunch of files that go here: /catalog/includes/wpp_xml/

I don't even have the wpp_xml directory so now I"m really confused as to how to upgrade from .7 to a current version. I feel like there's a lot i've missed.

dynamo, all i have to say is....thanks!!!

GREAT contribution works wonderfully!

STUFF TO DO:

-add shipping modules

-change button styles

-add SSL

I was also looking at the regular install inx (vs. upgrading) and I noticed a whole bunch of files that go here: /catalog/includes/wpp_xml/

I don't even have the wpp_xml directory so now I"m really confused as to how to upgrade from .7 to a current version. I feel like there's a lot i've missed.

Mainly, delete your pear directory and upload the wpp_xml directory, then uninstall your module and reinstall it. Some changes have been made to checkout_shipping and checkout_payment to allow the customer to escape from ExpressCheckout, but you can leave that out if you wish.

Hi Brian,

My osCommerce store is running on windows Server. I've installed 0.8.2 version of the Paypal Payments Pro contribution. Order is placing successfully but I'm getting the following error while sending email.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 503 Bad sequence of commands. You must specify the recipients of a message before you can send it in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 521

Also, I've set SMTP address in php.ini.

Kindly let me know, how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Masood

It's a server misconfiguration, not related to the module. I'd suggest asking in the general support forum.

PLEASE NOTE

If you're receiving "1001 Internal Error" errors on checkout, it's not a problem with the module, so there's no need to email me about it. PayPal's been having problems with their live servers as documented here:

www.pdncommunity.com/blog?blog.id=mts_updates

Mainly, delete your pear directory and upload the wpp_xml directory, then uninstall your module and reinstall it. Some changes have been made to checkout_shipping and checkout_payment to allow the customer to escape from ExpressCheckout, but you can leave that out if you wish.

Thanks! I'll give it a try this weekend (or maybe after the new year so as not to disrupt holiday sales).

Aside from deleting pear and adding wpp_xml, i still need to upload the latest paypal_wpp.php files, correct?

And no other changes to any other files are required?

Thanks again!

-- Josh

Hello all!

I have got everything ready and waiting for testing my sandbox; dummy business account, personal account, email, password, and API certificate.

When go into Payment Modules and try to edit Pay pal Website Payments Pro (after I hit update) it changes everything back to the default or original information. In other words... It is not accepting my input.

What do I do?

Thanks,

Aundie

@josh1r: Just look at the change log to see what files have been modified. But in all honestly, you might be able to get away with simply removing the old module, uploading the XML files and the new module, and reinstalling it.

@asides: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224783

@josh1r: Just look at the change log to see what files have been modified. But in all honestly, you might be able to get away with simply removing the old module, uploading the XML files and the new module, and reinstalling it.

@asides: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224783

THANK YOU THE FOLLOWING WORKED:

The update of any payment or shipping module attributes failed. I could see the attibutes in the database and edit them manually with phpmyadmin but no changes were saved if I hit the update button in the admin tool.

I figured it had to be a bug or error in the admin tool itself rather than the module and with a little poking I found the problem is with a line in the /catalog/admin/modules.php file.

the line :

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

does not execute on my system, even tho' the syntax looks correct to me!

I simply commented that line out and replaced it with the simple line:

foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'] as $key => $value){

I am testing my website with the pay pal sandbox. I login (with sandbox information from personal account), pick a few items for the shopping cart, try and pay with my sand box credit card info and then get:

The credit card number entered is invalid.<br>Please check the number and try again.

I try again to pay then get the following:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

(this message is highlighted in red)

Any fixes for this?

Thanks, Aundie

I'm getting a new site setup in New York State where I need to charge tax on shipping. Direct Payment purchases all checkout OK, but Express Checkout is under calculating tax. The tax is correct in Admin:Orders & invoices and also in the OSC customer confirmation email when using Direct Payment. I caught this in the sandbox in the customer email confirmation for an Express purchase. For the same purchase, OSC records shows the correct tax, but the Express transaction doesn't tax the shipping.

I've installed the mod 'New York State Tax By Zip Code' which may or may not have anything to do with this, but since the totals are all correct elsewhere this seems to be in the WPP mod.

I've installed the mod 'New York State Tax By Zip Code' which may or may not have anything to do with this, but since the totals are all correct elsewhere this seems to be in the WPP mod.

according to ny state: publication 718...

"Reporting codes, rather than ZIP codes, should be

used for identifying customer location. (Postal zones

usually do not coincide with political boundaries, and

the use of ZIP codes for tax collection results in a high

degree of inaccurate tax reporting.)"

modify for new york counties and use any one of these contributions

some mods for tax by county

(i used the ohio one- removing all ohio data and plugging in the 80 or so NY counties)