• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I've successfully (I think) set up your contribution on my site:

http://www.atelier-salon.com

The problem I have now is that every time I attempt to perform a transaction using paypal I recieve this error:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://atelier.site/ec_process.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is [email protected].

I am totally stuck here--I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I've heard of it possibly relating to Linux? and my hosting? I'm not sure. Test it for yourself if you would like to. Thanks

Ross

STUFF TO DO:

-change boxes on left side to desired style

-remove default mini pictures (cartoon ones)

-modify some of the text colors

-change text headings ("Whats new here" etc.)

-add shipping modules

-add credit card module that allows to stay on my site

-remove all or all but 3 of the "new products" at bottom of main screen

-change button styles

-add SSL

-add the products from TIGI

@grnmtn: Did they checkout with coupons or gift vouchers? If so, versions prior to 0.8.3 will cause problems. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason for $1,000+ orders to fail.

@Atelier: Sounds more like your configure.php script is out of whack. Post the top 10 or so lines.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

You'll want the client-side certificate. Just so you know, I haven't completed the UK modifications yet, meaning that you can only accept money in USD.

Ok fair enough - for now then this is still no good for me as I do not sell in any currecy other than GBP. Have you any idea on a possible timescale for this to be implimented?

Thanks very much for your help

@grnmtn: Did they checkout with coupons or gift vouchers? If so, versions prior to 0.8.3 will cause problems. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason for $1,000+ orders to fail.

nope, though we do have coupons and gift vouchers turned on. I've tested the problem and can confirm that checkout is fine until $1000.

Hell all,

I have installed paypal_wpp_0.8.2 on our website. But when I click on Checkout with paypal button I get this error:

bool(false)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hleh/www/www/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:514) in /home/hleh/www/www/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

What am I doing wrong? I have this command on paypal_wpp.php line no 514:

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'PayPal Error Dump', "In function: ec_step1()\r\n\r\n" . var_dump($response), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

Suvi Joseph

Create Mobile Website / Corporate team outing

@ollyno1uk2: No. As development is done during my free time, there are no ETAs.

@grnmtn: If that's the case, it sounds like a comma is getting added. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

@suvijoseph: Express Checkout failed for one reason or another, but looks like there might be a problem in the code. Run the diagnostic script that you can download on the contributions page to make sure everything's installed correctly.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@grnmtn: If that's the case, it sounds like a comma is getting added. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

@suvijoseph: Express Checkout failed for one reason or another, but looks like there might be a problem in the code. Run the diagnostic script that you can download on the contributions page to make sure everything's installed correctly.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your quick response.

I ran the diagnostic script, it said, Contibution correctly installed. Althogh I had this error:

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

What could be the problem?

Thanks and regards,

Suvi Joseph

Hi

I did suspect that this would be the case

I am anxious to get something working with this. Is it a compicated job and how much would it cost me for you to make it a quicker project?

Thanks a lot

Ah, a comma. thanks for looking into it - as our business is growning rapidly and tends to be high $ items, it is crucial that Paypal can process the larger payments.

Thanks

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your quick response.

I ran the diagnostic script, it said, Contibution correctly installed. Althogh I had this error:

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

What could be the problem?

Hello Brian,

Only the Check Out Using Paypal button is having this problem. If I checkout through normal pages checkout it seems to work ok. What could be the problem?

Regards

Thanks and regards,

Suvi Joseph

Ah, a comma. thanks for looking into it - as our business is growning rapidly and tends to be high $ items, it is crucial that Paypal can process the larger payments.

Thanks

Make the following changes in paypal_wpp.php (version 0.8.2):

Line 419
From: $order_info['PAYPAL_ORDER_TOTAL'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2);
To:   $order_info['PAYPAL_ORDER_TOTAL'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2,'.','');

Line 981
From: $order_info['PAYPAL_ORDER_TOTAL'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2);
To:   $order_info['PAYPAL_ORDER_TOTAL'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2,'.','');

Line 1122
From:  $transaction_info['PAYPAL_AMOUNT'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2);
To:	$transaction_info['PAYPAL_AMOUNT'] = number_format($order->info['total'], 2,'.','');

These changes force the decimal separator to be a period (dot) and the thousands separator to be NULL for data sent to PayPal, overriding the store settings. This is what PayPal expects, and will be even more important when implementing this module in locales where the decimal separator presented to the customer is a comma.

This issue has come up in another contribution that I use.

--Glen

Great find, Glen, thanks. It'll be included in 0.8.4.

As a side note, the beta seems to work fine with CCGV as I have one live store using it and no problems (related to the changes) yet. She did tell me that orders aren't itemized during ExpressCheckout, but I'll look into that later.

The current todo for 0.8.4 is:

-ExpressCheckout doesn't send itemized order anymore

-Error message on ec_step1, and probably ec_step2, doesn't work

-Add GBP support and centralize currency function

I need more hours in the day!

@ollyno1uk2: I might be able to help you, but you'll need to contact me through email.

Edited by dynamoeffects

well ill just give ya all of meh config.php:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.atelier-salon.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.atelier-salon.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/nfsn/content/atelier/htdocs/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'atelier.db'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'Klospin');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'celina');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

STUFF TO DO:

-change boxes on left side to desired style

-remove default mini pictures (cartoon ones)

-modify some of the text colors

-change text headings ("Whats new here" etc.)

-add shipping modules

-add credit card module that allows to stay on my site

-remove all or all but 3 of the "new products" at bottom of main screen

-change button styles

-add SSL

-add the products from TIGI

I think I have 8.2 integrated correctly. Credit card payments are working, but when I try and use Express Checkout I get returned to the shipping page, with the shipping address blank. If I try and change it it bounces me to paypal, where the address is correct, but when I return to the cart it is blank again.

if I forge ahead with the transaction it failes with:

---------------------------

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10406)

The PayerID value is invalid.

The Failure email to the shop keeper indictaes error:

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2006-11-29T18:46:53Z

[Ack] => Failure

[CorrelationID] => 2198e76bc789c

[Errors] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => The PayerID value is invalid.

[ErrorCode] => 10406

[severityCode] => Error

)

)

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponseDetails] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[PaymentInfo] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[TransactionType] => none

[PaymentType] => none

[PaymentStatus] => None

[PendingReason] => none

[ReasonCode] => none

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

I have looked over all of the integrated code, and don't see what I missed.

Any help from anyone would be appriciated.

It seems that in dumping the session variables I get:

paypal_ec_token EC-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

paypal_ec_payer_id <blank>

paypal_ec_payer_info <blank>

paypal_ec_temp <blank>

Somehow the return info from Paypal is not comming back......

Still looking for hints :)

I think I have 8.2 integrated correctly. Credit card payments are working, but when I try and use Express Checkout I get returned to the shipping page, with the shipping address blank. If I try and change it it bounces me to paypal, where the address is correct, but when I return to the cart it is blank again.

if I forge ahead with the transaction it failes with:

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10406)

The PayerID value is invalid.

The Failure email to the shop keeper indictaes error:

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

Array

(

[security] =>

[RequesterCredentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Credentials] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[username] =>

[Password] =>

[subject] =>

)

)

)

)

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponse] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[Timestamp] => 2006-11-29T18:46:53Z

[Ack] => Failure

[CorrelationID] => 2198e76bc789c

[Errors] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => The PayerID value is invalid.

[ErrorCode] => 10406

[severityCode] => Error

)

)

[Version] => 2.000000

[build] => 1.0006

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponseDetails] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[PaymentInfo] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[TransactionType] => none

[PaymentType] => none

[PaymentStatus] => None

[PendingReason] => none

[ReasonCode] => none

)

)

)

)

)

)

)

I have looked over all of the integrated code, and don't see what I missed.

Any help from anyone would be appriciated.

@Atelier: I note a few problems with your config that would prevent the module from working correctly:

1) You don't have an SSL certificate setup, which means this module will not function.

2) Your cookie catalog path is set to: "/catalog/", but then your DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG path is set to "/". These need to agree, so which one is it?

Also, your HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN should be set to 'atelier-salon.com'.

@dogriley: The only time I've seen behavior like that is when the store didn't have an SSL certificate installed. PayPal won't respond to non-https urls. If that's not it, if you have register_globals set to Off, there could still be some incompatibility in there. If none of that, code integration wasn't completed.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Okay, I am trying to get paypal_wpp_0.8.2 working.

I am a store based in Switzerland and my currency should be CHF.

I have tried just searching and replacing USD with CHF (Swiss Francs) in paypal_wpp.php and it gives the error 'Unsupported Currency' even though I know that Paypal supports CHF ... I even signed up on the Paypal Website and the merchant account is set up in Switzerland. I have a Swiss bank account and Paypal can interact with it without problems.

If I replace USD with EUR I receive the following message: 'Merchant country unsupported. (10565)' which seems self explainatory but I know that Switzerland IS supported.

Can anybody assist me in getting this mod up and running in Switzerland?

I am having the same problm as dogriley. I did notice that the express checkout works if I DO NOT login as a user first. But If I login, then payment fails for the same reasons quoted below. Very frustrating. I am thinking of just removing the express checkout button from the shipping/payment page so that it only appears on the login page...

Of note, I was also having a problem getting the direct payment option to work - after poking around a while, I found that the doDirectPayment.xml file contains 2 hidden characters at the beginning of the very first line. After removing them, it worked perfectly. I downloaded the file again today to double check, and yes, they are there in the 0.8.2 version. So something to look at for everyone...

I am just wondering now if there are some hidden characters in any other files that may be causing the session variables register to fail or something... Dynamo, I checked the registerglobals settings as you suggested to dogriley (it is on locally) and I have full SSL. I'm stumped. The address, and payer id do not get returned apparently. Anybody have some help or suggestions for me?

It seems that in dumping the session variables I get:

paypal_ec_token EC-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

paypal_ec_payer_id <blank>

paypal_ec_payer_info <blank>

paypal_ec_temp <blank>

Somehow the return info from Paypal is not comming back......

Still looking for hints :)

I just looked, but didn't see the characters. Are you on a Mac?

I just opened doDirectPayment.xml from the 0.8.2 release in a binary editor and found that the first three characters of the file are 0xEF, 0xBB, 0xBF, followed by the <?xml...> tag. I, too, am using a Mac, but haven't opened the file in a text editor. (I use TextWrangler, which automatically detects Mac, DOS, and Unix line ending styles, and is ideal for editing HTML, PHP, and XML files.)

--Glen