• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Here's what looks like the error, which is kinda what I figured, but I don't know how to fix it, or why it's not named cert_key_pem.txt. It was done with the 4111111111111111 test card number.

soap_fault Object
(
[error_message_prefix] => 
[mode] => 1
[level] => 1024
[code] => HTTP
[message] => curl_exec error 58 unable to set private key file: '/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/paypal_cert_pem.txt' type PEM

Thanx for the help!

It is saying that it can't find the API certificate file. Verify that you put your API certificate file, that you downloaded from PayPal, into that directory. There should also be a .htaccess file in that directory that prevents someone from accessing it via HTTP. If you put the file somewhere else, edit the module's settings (API Certificate) to point to the correct directory.

--Glen

I've noticed in my paypal wpp options in admin control panel, when I go to the pear directory setting it says:

"Pear Modules

If you installed the included pear modules, where are they stored? Should be:

/home/users/web/b1231/pow.sylentwulf/htdocs//pear/

Leaving this blank will use the server's default include path."

That's my OLD host servername. Is there somewhere else I have to change that over? or is it just a remnant from the database import?

Go up to the top of the settings page and click the Edit button. Then scroll down to the Pear Modules setting and change it to reflect where it is stored on the new server.

All settings are stored in the database. When you restored the backup that you made on powweb, there were several things that pointed to locations on the original server. You should probably go through all the settings to verify that you have no setting that points to a location on the old server. Change them to the appropriate locations on the new server. Any time you move a store from one server to another, you should check the configuration settings to ensure that any stored pathnames are updated to the new server.

--Glen

Go up to the top of the settings page and click the Edit button. Then scroll down to the Pear Modules setting and change it to reflect where it is stored on the new server.

All settings are stored in the database. When you restored the backup that you made on powweb, there were several things that pointed to locations on the original server. You should probably go through all the settings to verify that you have no setting that points to a location on the old server. Change them to the appropriate locations on the new server. Any time you move a store from one server to another, you should check the configuration settings to ensure that any stored pathnames are updated to the new server.

--Glen

The cert is in that directory along with the .htaccess file. Do I need to change permissions on the file or directory maybe? I remember having this same problem when I first installed the wpp credit card part, I just don't remember what I did to fix it.

For reference, here's what works vs. the cert pem file. (module and pear work)

module directory - /homepages/42/xxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/

api cert - /homepages/42/xxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/paypal_cert_pem.txt

pear - /homepages/42/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs//pear/

I changed all of the directories through config in the control panel, but it's still "suggesting" that I point the pear directory to the old server. I suppose that's irrelevant at any rate though, since the pear modules are working.

Found the module very easy to setup.

One thing I suggest to anyone that uses it - place the paypal cert_key_pem.txt file above your public root.

For most this maybe: user_name\public_html\ or wwwuser\domain name

If you place it above public_html or what ever your case is then it will be safe from all.

I am looking into the pear files to see if this too might be better placed.

They may pose a security risk.

Will post what I find.

Vincent G

CW3 Web Hosting

Found the module very easy to setup.

One thing I suggest to anyone that uses it - place the paypal cert_key_pem.txt file above your public root.

For most this maybe: user_name\public_html\ or wwwuser\domain name

If you place it above public_html or what ever your case is then it will be safe from all.

I am looking into the pear files to see if this too might be better placed.

They may pose a security risk.

Will post what I find.

Vincent G

CW3 Web Hosting

Vincent,

The certificate directory in the distribution has a .htaccess file that denies web access to it, as long as your web server honors .htaccess files. One could do the same for the Pear files, though it may be sufficient to make them read-only, as there is no user data in them.

--Glen

I have installed everything up to this point in the instructions provided in 0.7.3, this is what the instructions say:

Updating Instructions

Follow these instructions to the letter or you might leave old values in your database!

1. Go into your administrative section -> Modules -> Payment and copy down all of the settings for this module.

What settings and where do I find these? Which payment module are you referring to? (PayPal, Credit Card, etc...)

2. Click on "Remove" and uninstall this module

When I click on my "Module" and "Payment" there's no remove button anywhere. What do I remove?

3. Refer to the changelog at the bottom of this document and update the files listed as changed

The changelog discusses updates to files, but does not provide any settings. Update what files?

4. Go into your administrative section -> Modules -> Payment and install the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module updating the settings with what you wrote down in step 1.

I did this anyway and I can see the PayPal Direct and the Express Checkout button, but I get an error when I press the Express Checkout. It states: ec_?????.php not found I don't remember this file, because now I cannot login to my account. It states the account does not exist, it did when I tried it the first time.

You can see my cart at www.stickypod.com/osCommerce

Feel free to try it out and let me know what I need to do. I have complete server access as I lease the entire server. Many thanks for your help, Tom

--------------------

Anyone can buy a camera... it's what you do with it that counts!

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

I have installed everything up to this point in the instructions provided in 0.7.3, this is what the instructions say:

Updating Instructions

[snip]

Tom,

If this is a new installation of this WPP module, ignore the updating instructions. Those are for people who have installed a previous version of this module and are upgrading/updating to version 0.7.3.

I did this anyway and I can see the PayPal Direct and the Express Checkout button, but I get an error when I press the Express Checkout. It states: ec_?????.php not found I don't remember this file, because now I cannot login to my account. It states the account does not exist, it did when I tried it the first time.

You can see my cart at www.stickypod.com/osCommerce

Feel free to try it out and let me know what I need to do. I have complete server access as I lease the entire server. Many thanks for your help, Tom

I tried your site and it appears that you have not done a full installation of this module, as the Express Checkout button is supposed to appear on the login page as well as the shipping page. The missing file is ec_process.php. It is possible that your account record got deleted when this happened. Use the osCommerce Admin page to see if it is still there.

If you have installed multiple modules that affect the checkout process, you must merge the changes into the various files. This module changes the following files:

login.php

create_account.php

checkout_shipping.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_confirmation.php

checkout_success.php

All of these files, plus ec_process.php, must be copied from the contribution to the catalog root directory (or merged with the files included with other contributions that you installed before this one). In your case, that is the directory that corresponds to http://www.stickypod.com/osCommerce/.

I hope this helps.

--Glen

Hi, when i installed the paypal direct payments contrubtion, i think i have everthing installed right includeing the pears, but some reason half of all pages on my site is gone now? Can ne one tell me why?

To see what i am talking about please go here, www.tarojoenterprises.com thanks alot guys

Edited by JJ21

Hi, when i installed the paypal direct payments contrubtion, i think i have everthing installed right includeing the pears, but some reason half of all pages on my site is gone now? Can ne one tell me why?

To see what i am talking about please go here, www.tarojoenterprises.com thanks alot guys

Nothing in this contribution should have affected your main page. What did it look like before?

--Glen

Nothing in this contribution should have affected your main page. What did it look like before?

--Glen

well it had the headers and footers and logo, it had cataluges and everthing else that normal OSC looks like except with better buttons and such, i did forget to install the SDK wich i just downlaoded from Paypal and extracting it right now, about to install it soon after it is done....

Tom,

If this is a new installation of this WPP module, ignore the updating instructions. Those are for people who have installed a previous version of this module and are upgrading/updating to version 0.7.3.

I tried your site and it appears that you have not done a full installation of this module, as the Express Checkout button is supposed to appear on the login page as well as the shipping page. The missing file is ec_process.php. It is possible that your account record got deleted when this happened. Use the osCommerce Admin page to see if it is still there.

If you have installed multiple modules that affect the checkout process, you must merge the changes into the various files. This module changes the following files:

login.php

create_account.php

checkout_shipping.php

checkout_payment.php

checkout_confirmation.php

checkout_success.php

All of these files, plus ec_process.php, must be copied from the contribution to the catalog root directory (or merged with the files included with other contributions that you installed before this one). In your case, that is the directory that corresponds to http://www.stickypod.com/osCommerce/.

I hope this helps.

--Glen

Thanks for the info Glen, but this just does not work. I think part of the problem lies in the fact that I had to switch from NON SSL to SSL. Of course, I had to do this manually. Does anyone have the specs on what needs to be changed so I can verify my setup?

Also, I have completely removed and reinstalled all files with no luck. I even went so far as to remove everything from the server and upload my backups. After all that, I end up right where I started. I see that there are changes in the files I upload (FTPd them in ASCII format), but still no joy. The login stays the same and I get the same results.

I get as far as the ec_process.php error and that's it. I removed my old API and started with a fresh certificate, still no luck I have the latests PayPal SDK and it's installed. I have the proper MySQL and PHP. I'm running on an Apache server.

Could it be the self-signed SSL certificate? I'm using that for testing before I go live.

I'm at the end of my rope. I can't think of anything else I can do. Except start over (again) and hope for the best.

I have to believe it's something to do with my SSL. Any help on the proper SSL configure would be much appreciated.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

I've got the Express Checkout installed as well as the Direct Payment - which I don't want - and I'm having the problem that I can't disable Direct Payment without also disabling the Express Checkout.

As I'm offering customers a chance to either use Paypal Express, or regular OSC Checkout (actually I have Google Checkout as a 3rd option) - I want to comment out the code that shows the Direct Payment fields on the checkout_payment.php page.

I've found w/ things that are complicated like this - just hiding things I don't want is usually easier!

Does anybody know where I can find these fields quickly? I assume they are in the includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php page?

thanks very much

Stacey

well it had the headers and footers and logo, it had cataluges and everthing else that normal OSC looks like except with better buttons and such, i did forget to install the SDK wich i just downlaoded from Paypal and extracting it right now, about to install it soon after it is done....

It sounds as though you may have damaged your database, or messed up the pointers to it in includes/configure.php.

The instructions are a little unclear; you do not need to install anything from the PayPal SDK if you use the two Pear zip-files.

--Glen

Thanks for the info Glen, but this just does not work. I think part of the problem lies in the fact that I had to switch from NON SSL to SSL. Of course, I had to do this manually. Does anyone have the specs on what needs to be changed so I can verify my setup?

I had to do it manually as well. As far as I recall, the only changes were to includes/configure.php. I believe the knowlegebase for osC has some guidance on this.

Also, I have completely removed and reinstalled all files with no luck. I even went so far as to remove everything from the server and upload my backups. After all that, I end up right where I started. I see that there are changes in the files I upload (FTPd them in ASCII format), but still no joy. The login stays the same and I get the same results.

I get as far as the ec_process.php error and that's it. I removed my old API and started with a fresh certificate, still no luck I have the latests PayPal SDK and it's installed. I have the proper MySQL and PHP. I'm running on an Apache server.

Could it be the self-signed SSL certificate? I'm using that for testing before I go live.

It shouldn't be a problem with the self-signed certificate. If you aren't seeing a change in the login page, perhaps you didn't replace the correct file. The fact that you can't access ec_process.php, even though you say it's in the correct place, is a clue that the files aren't where they're supposed to be. A dump of your directory tree might prove enlightening.

I'm at the end of my rope. I can't think of anything else I can do. Except start over (again) and hope for the best.

I have to believe it's something to do with my SSL. Any help on the proper SSL configure would be much appreciated.

I've got the Express Checkout installed as well as the Direct Payment - which I don't want - and I'm having the problem that I can't disable Direct Payment without also disabling the Express Checkout.

As I'm offering customers a chance to either use Paypal Express, or regular OSC Checkout (actually I have Google Checkout as a 3rd option) - I want to comment out the code that shows the Direct Payment fields on the checkout_payment.php page.

I've found w/ things that are complicated like this - just hiding things I don't want is usually easier!

Does anybody know where I can find these fields quickly? I assume they are in the includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php page?

thanks very much

Stacey

Stacey,

The payment module passes the stuff to display on checkout_payment in the function selection(), which begins around line 92 of paypal_wpp.php.

Look at the portion of the array labeled 'fields' and comment out all of it. At about line 122 is the conditional to add the EC button on the payment page, which is the only part you want to keep. It is written to add the EC button to an existing 'fields' array, so you might have to re-work that code a bit as well.

--Glen

Just an update. Since I had no customers or database to worry about, I wiped out everything and started over. I reinstalled the OSC thru cPanel and that worked fine. Before I configured anything or even accessed the pages, I updated all the files with the PayPal WPP from dynamo and now it all works!!! Woohoo! Beer for everyone :lol:

I must say I had my doubts, but it appears to be working just fine. I have been using the PayPal sandbox and have made several purchases with no errors. I'm a happy camper.

I was using smartFTP and one of the problems might have been that I transferred some files in binary mode. This time I double checked my settings before transferring and double checked the uploads to make sure I was getting everything. Also, a self signed certificate works just fine. Everything runs thru smoothly. One more thing, change the cert_key_pem.txt to cert_key.pem when saving it from the download. The .txt file does not seem to work.

Pay attention to details... here endeth the lesson.

Thanks for all the help and I'll be back.

Edited by stickypod

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

Hi Glen thanks very much for the advice. I've been able to get rid of the fields in a rather crude way by making them hidden - but how about the radial button where you select Paypal Direct Payment?

This needs to be gone as well or it will confuse people.

It sounds as though you may have damaged your database, or messed up the pointers to it in includes/configure.php.

The instructions are a little unclear; you do not need to install anything from the PayPal SDK if you use the two Pear zip-files.

--Glen

thanks for the response, and my database seems to be ok, and here is my includes config, now everything looks ok, thanks for the help, and i know its got to do with this payment module cause this is the third time i have done this now, and everything works great until i install this module then bammmmmm nothing appears correctly on ne of my pages thanks

Again site is tarojoenterprises.com

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.tarojoenterprises.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.tarojoenterprises.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.tarojoenterprises.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.tarojoenterprises.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/vhosts/tarojoenterprises.com/httpdocs/store/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

There are 2 radial buttons I need to get rid of - the extra Paypal ipn one (I like the regular IPN that I've been using for a while now) - that came w/ Paypal Direct Payments - as well as the Direct Payments radial

Here is what my checkout looks like now - and I want it to just be the osc CC option, and the Paypal one w/ all the credit cards:

cc-options.gif

Ah I figured out the extra Paypal button - that was because I had both Direct Payments AND Express Checkout installed - but the EC is already included in the WWP module - so I disabled that, and Express Checkout still works fine - and now this module is not listed in the payment page.

Still have the extra radial button though for the hiddne Direct Payment.

thanks for the response, and my database seems to be ok, and here is my includes config, now everything looks ok, thanks for the help, and i know its got to do with this payment module cause this is the third time i have done this now, and everything works great until i install this module then bammmmmm nothing appears correctly on ne of my pages thanks

Again site is tarojoenterprises.com

Ok here we go again, i just reinstalled my entire site, wich is ok cause i did not do much ne ways, now its working great with SSL and everthing else inlcuding EP, but once i install this contriubution it just does sometihng ne one have ne ideas for when i do this? Please help thank...

Ok here we go again, i just reinstalled my entire site, wich is ok cause i did not do much ne ways, now its working great with SSL and everthing else inlcuding EP, but once i install this contriubution it just does sometihng ne one have ne ideas for when i do this? Please help thank...

Ok i don't even know if this PayPal-WPP-0.1_1 belongs with this contrubution im just so damned confused!!! But ne ways i installed it correctly i hope but now whenever i try lets say click on my account or log in etc... Basically SSL pages i get this error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/tarojoenterprises.com/httpsdocs/store/includes/header.php:242) in /var/www/vhosts/tarojoenterprises.com/httpsdocs/store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 59

what do u guys thank?

Ok i don't even know if this PayPal-WPP-0.1_1 belongs with this contrubution im just so damned confused!!! But ne ways i installed it correctly i hope but now whenever i try lets say click on my account or log in etc... Basically SSL pages i get this error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/tarojoenterprises.com/httpsdocs/store/includes/header.php:242) in /var/www/vhosts/tarojoenterprises.com/httpsdocs/store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 59

what do u guys thank?

The contribution that goes with this support thread is the one described in the first post, which can be found at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

There is another PayPal WPP contribution, but it has not been updated in quite some time, and the author does not appear to support it.

There are several files that have to be updated in order to use this module, but it installs simply over the stock osC MS2.2 distribution. If you have installed other contributions that modify the same files, you will have to merge them together manually in a text editor.

--Glen

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the WPP module, but I'm new to PHP and OSCommerce, so it's probably an error on my end. I checked the first dozen or so pages of this thread, but didn't see anything along the lines of my problem. Any help navigating the trouble would be appreciated.

WPP is installed. I've created a catalog/pear/ directory and recreated the directory structure and files there. I get through to the OSC "Order confirmation" screen fine. When I click "Confirm Order," I get the following error:

Warning: main(HTTP/Request.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/store/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/olddomin/public_html:/home/olddomin/public_html/store/pear:/home/.../public_html/store/pear/') in /home/olddomin/public_html/store/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

My PHP include path was:

include_path = ".:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:"
, but I lengthened it to
include_path = ".:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/.../public_html:/home/.../public_html/store/pear" ;

("..." replacing my site's user name in all instances above)

Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong? If I go directly to the WSDL.php file above via my browser, I similarly get:

Warning: main(Services/PayPal/SOAP/Base.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/store/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 22

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal/SOAP/Base.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.../public_html/store/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 22

...both which seem to me to point to include path problems of some sort.

Thanks much for any help.

Michael

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the WPP module, but I'm new to PHP and OSCommerce, so it's probably an error on my end. I checked the first dozen or so pages of this thread, but didn't see anything along the lines of my problem. Any help navigating the trouble would be appreciated.

snip

Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong? If I go directly to the WSDL.php file above via my browser, I similarly get:...both which seem to me to point to include path problems of some sort.

Thanks much for any help.

Michael

It could be a permissions problem; either on the directory, or the file itself. The module should be able to find the Pear files if you set the Pear Modules parameter (on the module configuration page) to /home/.../public_html/store/pear/, without having to fiddle with the PHP include path.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas