• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I am having a problem which I have not been able to resolve for more than a week. Everything seems to work just fine. However, no funds are put into my paypal account and the card isn't charged. Does anyone have ANY idea what the problem might be with this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Are you using SSL to communicate with PayPal? PayPal won't return addresses if you don't.

--Glen

I found out how to do soaplogging and I have created a dump. I am no expert in reading an xml log, but I can clearly see the address being sent by Paypal. So it seems that the address is being erased on my end. I found the spot in the module where this is all being set by the line

$paypal_ec_payer_info = $_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'];

Why would this not be working? Could I have something in my environment set incorrectly? Sessions? Globals? Do you want to see my soap log?

Can anybody please help me? I don't know what to try next.

thank you,

-Ron

I am having a problem which I have not been able to resolve for more than a week. Everything seems to work just fine. However, no funds are put into my paypal account and the card isn't charged. Does anyone have ANY idea what the problem might be with this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I have been having this same issue for over 2 weeks now. If ANYONE has any thoughts on this issue please let us know. I have searched and searched the forums (and I honestly have) and I'm still unable to find an answer for this problem. I would really appreciate any help that I could get.

Thanks in advance!

Installed Modules:

Paypal IPN, Site Map, Header Tags Controller, Advance Search, Login box, Purchase without Account, Support Ticket, OSC Affiliate, Testimonials, Guestbook , Printable Catalog, Shall I keep going?

I LOVE OS!

If you installed the files "Pear Modules - Part 1" and "Pear Modules - Part 2", as you mentioned in your post, then you are done.

If you don't trust dynamoeffects' version, then you must do the following:

1. Install the following Pear modules:

Net_URL

Net_Socket

HTTP_Request

Log

(Some or all of these modules may already be installed on your server. You can find out if they are by typing 'pear list' from the shell.)

2. Download the WPP 2.0 SDK and install the Pear module contained within it.

Yup, I installed his pear modules and his contribute. He also had written in his directions that I need to install the Pear module within the WPP 2.0 SDK that you get from Paypal in addition to his pear module, I don't have to do that?

I actually tested it after I installed his pear modules and contribute. If I click on the "Check Out With PayPal" button, it always gives me the "The Page cannot be displayed" error. Samething happens if I go through the entire check out and click the "Confrim Order" button. However, I did get an email from Paypal with a list of failed payment attempts, all were from my test transactions. Any ideas?

I'm at the point where I'm ready to hire someone. I just don't have the techinical experience to figure this out. Anybody have any suggestions on who? or Does anybody here do stuff like this?

I have also heard that there are compatability issues between GoDaddy and PayPal, has anybody else heard this or have this problem?

Yup, I installed his pear modules and his contribute. He also had written in his directions that I need to install the Pear module within the WPP 2.0 SDK that you get from Paypal in addition to his pear module, I don't have to do that?

The paragraph you refer to is my "step 2" for the case where you didn't install the two Pear module files.

I actually tested it after I installed his pear modules and contribute. If I click on the "Check Out With PayPal" button, it always gives me the "The Page cannot be displayed" error. Samething happens if I go through the entire check out and click the "Confrim Order" button. However, I did get an email from Paypal with a list of failed payment attempts, all were from my test transactions. Any ideas?

I'm at the point where I'm ready to hire someone. I just don't have the techinical experience to figure this out. Anybody have any suggestions on who? or Does anybody here do stuff like this?

I have also heard that there are compatability issues between GoDaddy and PayPal, has anybody else heard this or have this problem?

You have to set up cURL proxy to make this contribution work with GoDaddy. Go into the PayPal module settings page and set "Proxy Address" to "http://64.202.165.130:3128". (without quotes) This address came from a GoDaddy help article found here: http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=288

I hope this helps.

--Glen

I have been having this same issue for over 2 weeks now. If ANYONE has any thoughts on this issue please let us know. I have searched and searched the forums (and I honestly have) and I'm still unable to find an answer for this problem. I would really appreciate any help that I could get.

Thanks in advance!

In the module settings, set "Debug Mode" to True and "Declined Cards" to False, then report back with the error messages you are getting.

In the module settings, set "Debug Mode" to True and "Declined Cards" to False, then report back with the error messages you are getting.

Thanks much SteveDallas. This is the message that I get when I followed your instruction.

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10509)

This transaction cannot be processed.

The paragraph you refer to is my "step 2" for the case where you didn't install the two Pear module files.

So just a yes or no answer here. I have installed dynamoeffects' pear modules, so I don't need to install anything from PayPal?

You have to set up cURL proxy to make this contribution work with GoDaddy. Go into the PayPal module settings page and set "Proxy Address" to "http://64.202.165.130:3128". (without quotes) This address came from a GoDaddy help article found here: http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=288

I hope this helps.

--Glen

I did this, and I'm not getting the same results anymore. Now all I get is:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another or contact your bank for more info

()"

Thats exactly what it looks like.

And again thank you for all your help.

Edited by roses8

Help! Apparently Powweb broke something. We just switched serves, and suddenly we can't accept credit cards anymore. I tried removing and re-installing the paypal_cert_pem.txt file via paypal's website, got a new cert and uploaded it to my website.

API Certificate

/home/users/web/b1231/pow.sylentwulf/htdocs//includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/paypal_cert_pem.txt

API Username

Ebay_api1.ElectricQuarter.com

API Password

screened

and

Pear Modules

/home/users/web/b1231/pow.sylentwulf/pear/

Since the rest of the site and paypal payments are being accepted, the pear module is working. For the life of my I'm not sure what else to update. Any help?

I am having an issue with Express Checkout in this module. When a customer logs on to the PayPal site and hits continue transaction, they get sent to login.php instead if the paypent pages.

I have WPP installed on 3 different sites and the same thing is happening for each one. At first I thought there was a conflict with PWA, however one of my sites does not have PWA installed and still has the problem.

Has anybody ran into this issue?

I know that I successfully tested WPP on all of these sites before launching them. All 3 sites are on the same server, could there be a confilct with any server settings?

So just a yes or no answer here. I have installed dynamoeffects' pear modules, so I don't need to install anything from PayPal?

Correct. You have everything that you need.

Note: You still need to change the timeout in /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 300;

The version of the file posted does not have this change. The $timeout value of 4 seconds is way too short.

I did this, and I'm not getting the same results anymore. Now all I get is:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another or contact your bank for more info

()"

Thats exactly what it looks like.

And again thank you for all your help.

I'm fairly certain that the empty parentheses indicates that PayPal did not respond before the $timeout value expired. Make the change above and you should be good to go.

--Glen

Correct. You have everything that you need.

Note: You still need to change the timeout in /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 300;

The version of the file posted does not have this change. The $timeout value of 4 seconds is way too short.

I'm fairly certain that the empty parentheses indicates that PayPal did not respond before the $timeout value expired. Make the change above and you should be good to go.

--Glen

Its already been changed. Anything else I can try?

$paypal_ec_payer_info = $_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'];

Why would this not be working? Could I have something in my environment set incorrectly? Sessions? Globals? Do you want to see my soap log?

Can anybody please help me? I don't know what to try next.

thank you,

-Ron

I discovered (just by changing things - I'm desperate!) that by uncommented the following line (around line #516) in paypal_wpp.php that the address shows on the checkout_shipping display when the customer is returned from Express Checkout:

// $_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

to:

$_SESSION['paypal_ec_payer_info'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info;

tep_session_register('paypal_ec_payer_info');

I don't know what this is for. Is this safe to do??? Why was it commented out in the first place?

-Ron

Thanks much SteveDallas. This is the message that I get when I followed your instruction.

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10509)

This transaction cannot be processed.

Everything works without any problem when I change the following in configure.php

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

But when I do this, the pages are not secured. Could anyone please help me? I am so desperate since I have spent more than a week on this issue and have not been able to find a solution. Thanks a bunch.

Good luck with this! There is a contribution called Fast Easy Checkout (FEC) that combines the payment and shipping pages, but combining the two is not so easy. I tried it at one point but gave up in horror.

Hi djmonkey1,

Finally I solved this problem. I have installed the Fast and easy contribution that can be found at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3469 and it is now working very nice with PayPal WPP. I know this is an issue that many store owners are looking to solve. So here is how I figured this out. It is very easy if you already have both contributions installed. If not, then it takes some time to install both contributions.

You can check my store for a live integration of both contributions. My store is live and functional so DON'T PLACE AN ORDER TO TEST the contributions or you will be charged :lol:

Here are the steps:

Step 0: As always BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP.

Step 1: Install PayPal WPP as instructed.

Step 2: Rename checkout_shipping.php to checkout_shipping_wpp.php. (This is because Fast and Easy Checkout contribution will totally change this file by uploading a new file with the same name. But we need this file for PayPal express check out.

Step 3: Install the Fast & Easy Checkout (FEC) contribution (I used version 3.2 released on May 4 2006 and I have only installed the first section that combines shipping and payment pages)

Step 4: Open includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php in your favorite editor and

On line 219, REPLACE:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
	if ($goto_page == FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE == 'Yes') {
	  $redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT;
	} else {
	  $redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING;
	}
  } else {
	$navigation->set_snapshot(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING);
	$redirect_path = FILENAME_LOGIN;
  }

With:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
	if ($goto_page == FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE == 'Yes') {
	  $redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT;
	} else {
	  $redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_WPP;
	}
  } else {
	$navigation->set_snapshot(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_WPP);
  }

Also, on line 400, REPLACE:

$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING;
	$redirect_attr = 'ec_cancel=1';
  } else {
  }

With:

$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_WPP;
  } else {
  }

Step 5: Open includes/filenames.php and

after

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING', 'checkout_shipping.php');

ADD

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_WPP', 'checkout_shipping_wpp.php');

Step 6: Open your new checkout_shipping.php that you have uploaded from FEC.

Immediately after

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'fast_account.php');

ADD

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

Step 7: Go to Administrator panel --> Modules --> Payment --> PayPal Direct Payment. Change Express Checkout: Button Placement to Yes. (This is because if its set to No, a customer who is already logged in can't use PayPal Express to pay for the order.)

YOU ARE DONE! Enjoy quick order process with PayPal WPP.

Hope this helped

Regards,

These remarks are not directed towards the contribution. For all I know it's the best thing since sliced bread- but I wouldn't know because I'm based in the UK and WPP is USA specific.

Why on earth would anyone want to use this service from Pay Pal? I can understand using their standard service or the ipn module, but when it comes to this sort of service there are much better ones out there for the same or less money.

Authorize Net AIM keeps the customer on your website - it's only the data that goes back and fore, and there's none of this nonsense about having to install Soap to get it to work. It's a simple install, just a couple of files, and it works without modifying a shedload of other files.

There are loads of other providers who can also beat Pay Pal at this sort of service.

So why put yourself through all of this grief?

Just my two pence worth.

Vger

These remarks are not directed towards the contribution. For all I know it's the best thing since sliced bread- but I wouldn't know because I'm based in the UK and WPP is USA specific.

Why on earth would anyone want to use this service from Pay Pal? I can understand using their standard service or the ipn module, but when it comes to this sort of service there are much better ones out there for the same or less money.

Authorize Net AIM keeps the customer on your website - it's only the data that goes back and fore, and there's none of this nonsense about having to install Soap to get it to work. It's a simple install, just a couple of files, and it works without modifying a shedload of other files.

There are loads of other providers who can also beat Pay Pal at this sort of service.

So why put yourself through all of this grief?

Just my two pence worth.

Vger

What grief? I installed the version 0.1 back in October of 2005 and it has worked pretty well for me ever since. At the time, I was an osC newbie, but with 20+ years of experience with computers in various capacities, so I had some tools to draw upon.

I think the reasons one would want to consider this module against other credit card payment solutions are familiarity, convenience, and cost.

1. Familiarity. Many small web merchants start with PayPal and understand it. Extending the relationship to add store-based credit card processing is more comfortable for them.

2. Convenience. Your credit card transactions show up in the same place as your PayPal transactions; you don't have to change your business processes to handle it. You also get immediate credit on card transactions, unlike some providers who take days to credit your account.

3. Cost. PayPal's discount rates are fairly competitive with other providers, especially if, as I do, you do a lot of overseas business. Their fee structure is simple. $20/month to use the WPP service and the same transaction fee structure as regular PayPal transactions. No activation fees. No daily batch fees. No other fees. The minimum term is one month, so termination fee if you decide to change providers.

The biggest negative that I find with the service is that it won't accept cards issued outside the 55 PayPal-supported countries. I did an analysis of their coverage a while back based on population and purchasing power data culled from the CIA World Factbook. While PayPal have pretty good coverage, it isn't 100%; I find it illogical that they filter by country, given that they partner with a bank (Wells Fargo and/or HSBC) for credit card clearing. I haven't yet been able to contact anyone at PayPal who can explain this to my satisfaction.

Installation isn't as simple as other modules due to PayPal's business rule requiring that the merchant offer Express Checkout before login. For this, you have to modify your 'shedload' of files, but it is pretty much a one-time deal, and might improve sales to PayPal customers.

As with the AIM module, the customer stays on the website when using a credit card; only data goes between the store and PayPal. This module uses SOAP as the data transport method, but the installer/user doesn't see any of that; it's hidden in the details of the Pear modules that are part of the installation. Brian (dynamoeffects) has mentioned that a future release will eliminate the requirement to use the Pear modules, like the (mostly unsupported) pbreit WPP module.

For the UK market, Brian mentioned a few pages back that PayPal UK will be releasing a version of WPP, but it will have some differences from the US version. It will be interesting to see whether the new offering will require a separate module.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

What grief? I installed the version 0.1 back in October of 2005 and it has worked pretty well for me ever since. At the time, I was an osC newbie, but with 20+ years of experience with computers in various capacities, so I had some tools to draw upon.

I think the reasons one would want to consider this module against other credit card payment solutions are familiarity, convenience, and cost.

1. Familiarity. Many small web merchants start with PayPal and understand it. Extending the relationship to add store-based credit card processing is more comfortable for them.

2. Convenience. Your credit card transactions show up in the same place as your PayPal transactions; you don't have to change your business processes to handle it. You also get immediate credit on card transactions, unlike some providers who take days to credit your account.

3. Cost. PayPal's discount rates are fairly competitive with other providers, especially if, as I do, you do a lot of overseas business. Their fee structure is simple. $20/month to use the WPP service and the same transaction fee structure as regular PayPal transactions. No activation fees. No daily batch fees. No other fees. The minimum term is one month, so termination fee if you decide to change providers.

The biggest negative that I find with the service is that it won't accept cards issued outside the 55 PayPal-supported countries. I did an analysis of their coverage a while back based on population and purchasing power data culled from the CIA World Factbook. While PayPal have pretty good coverage, it isn't 100%; I find it illogical that they filter by country, given that they partner with a bank (Wells Fargo and/or HSBC) for credit card clearing. I haven't yet been able to contact anyone at PayPal who can explain this to my satisfaction.

Installation isn't as simple as other modules due to PayPal's business rule requiring that the merchant offer Express Checkout before login. For this, you have to modify your 'shedload' of files, but it is pretty much a one-time deal, and might improve sales to PayPal customers.

As with the AIM module, the customer stays on the website when using a credit card; only data goes between the store and PayPal. This module uses SOAP as the data transport method, but the installer/user doesn't see any of that; it's hidden in the details of the Pear modules that are part of the installation. Brian (dynamoeffects) has mentioned that a future release will eliminate the requirement to use the Pear modules, like the (mostly unsupported) pbreit WPP module.

For the UK market, Brian mentioned a few pages back that PayPal UK will be releasing a version of WPP, but it will have some differences from the US version. It will be interesting to see whether the new offering will require a separate module.

--Glen

I totally agree with Glen.

Other good points about PayPal is when you are an eBay PowerSeller and you complete more than 98% of your transaction on eBay using PayPal, it more convenient to use PayPal WPP for your private store so you don't end up with multiple accounts and multiple fund transfer. Additionally, PayPal WPP doe not require a merchant account so that will also decrease the number of accounts that you need to have for your payment process. And last point is when you do all your business transactions with PayPal and you have high volume sales, you will be qualified for a merchant rates which is more affordable. Overall I'm happy with it also I know there are some limitations and problems.

Good luck

Regards,

I am having an issue with Express Checkout in this module. When a customer logs on to the PayPal site and hits continue transaction, they get sent to login.php instead if the paypent pages.

I have WPP installed on 3 different sites and the same thing is happening for each one. At first I thought there was a conflict with PWA, however one of my sites does not have PWA installed and still has the problem.

Has anybody ran into this issue?

I know that I successfully tested WPP on all of these sites before launching them. All 3 sites are on the same server, could there be a confilct with any server settings?

I was just testing the site without WPA and I noticed that PayPal is sending my information to my site. If I go to create an account after returning to login.php from paypal, all of my information from PayPal is filled in the form. Also, the 'token' variable is being sent back too.

I think the issue is OSC does not recognize the temp accounts and that is why I am sent back to login.php. I can't find anywhere in ec/return.php or its includes where it would send the user back to login.php.

Looking at HTTP live headers I figured out that I go straight from return.php to login.php, so the process never gets to the shipping page.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions for me.

Thanks.

Switched hosts after powweb broke a bunch of things, now we're still having a problem with accepting credit cards. No error message popping up, just simply declining everything include real and 41111111111111111 test cards.

Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

Any help appreciated. As far as I can tell, everything is set up right. We had it working about a month ago before powweb screwed us all up. We switched to 1and1.com yesterday, and this is the last thing we need to fix.

www.ElectricQuarter.com

Credit card payments are currently turned off, but I may turn them on with the declined payment set to on so I can enter them manually through paypals virtual terminal (what a pita that will be)

Can't edit the above post I think. I added this to my paypal_wpp.php file:

"To fix it on my site, still running 0.7 with some changes, I changed this:

CODE

$cc_number = $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_number'];

to this:

CODE

$cc_number = ereg_replace('[^0-9]', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['wpp_cc_number']);

This is what the validate function does to strip out non-numerics."

Also, I have the dump log of the credit card error, but it's HUGE, let me know if posting it, or uploading it to my site for you to view would help any. I'd really love to get the credit cards back up and functioning.

Can't edit the above post I think. I added this to my paypal_wpp.php file:

Also, I have the dump log of the credit card error, but it's HUGE, let me know if posting it, or uploading it to my site for you to view would help any. I'd really love to get the credit cards back up and functioning.

The code you posted just fixes the problem where the customer enters his card with spaces, such as 4111 1111 1111 1111. If the card was entered without spaces, that patch doesn't do anything.

I'm using 1and1.com as my host; I have never had a problem using this contrib, so your problem is not related to the host. Don't post a dump with live card data in it, but if there is an error message, you can post that.

Here's a sample from one of my error dumps:

[_namespace] => urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents

[shortMessage] => Processor Decline

[LongMessage] => This transaction cannot be processed.

[ErrorCode] => 15005

[severityCode] => Error

[ErrorParameters] => errorparametertype Object

Since your error message doesn't contain an error number, it's possible that you aren't getting a response from PayPal at all. In that case, the first thing that I would check is the value for $timeout on line 62 of the file /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php. I have mine set to 60, though the recommendation in the readme file is to set it to 300.

--Glen

The code you posted just fixes the problem where the customer enters his card with spaces, such as 4111 1111 1111 1111. If the card was entered without spaces, that patch doesn't do anything.

I'm using 1and1.com as my host; I have never had a problem using this contrib, so your problem is not related to the host. Don't post a dump with live card data in it, but if there is an error message, you can post that.

Here's a sample from one of my error dumps:

[_namespace] => urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents

[shortMessage] => Processor Decline

[LongMessage] => This transaction cannot be processed.

[ErrorCode] => 15005

[severityCode] => Error

[ErrorParameters] => errorparametertype Object

Since your error message doesn't contain an error number, it's possible that you aren't getting a response from PayPal at all. In that case, the first thing that I would check is the value for $timeout on line 62 of the file /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php. I have mine set to 60, though the recommendation in the readme file is to set it to 300.

--Glen

Here's what looks like the error, which is kinda what I figured, but I don't know how to fix it, or why it's not named cert_key_pem.txt. It was done with the 4111111111111111 test card number.

CODE

soap_fault Object

(

[error_message_prefix] =>

[mode] => 1

[level] => 1024

=> HTTP

[message] => curl_exec error 58 unable to set private key file: '/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/paypal_cert_pem.txt' type PEM

[userinfo] =>

[backtrace] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /xxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Fault.php

[line] => 48

[function] => pear_error

[class] => pear_error

[type] => ::

[args] => Array

(

[0] => curl_exec error 58 unable to set private key file: '/xxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/paypal_cert_pem.txt' type PEM

/CODE

Thanx for the help!

I've noticed in my paypal wpp options in admin control panel, when I go to the pear directory setting it says:

"Pear Modules

If you installed the included pear modules, where are they stored? Should be:

/home/users/web/b1231/pow.sylentwulf/htdocs//pear/

Leaving this blank will use the server's default include path."

That's my OLD host servername. Is there somewhere else I have to change that over? or is it just a remnant from the database import?