• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hello Dynamo...

I am just wondering... would it be best to configure the paths in the configure.php file in admin or something to that effect instead of in the database?

Everytime I want to make a change my path comes up with no \'s and then saves it to the database that way making me have to add \\'s each time I need to make a fix or change. I am probably going to set it up this way for me but do you think there is any problem doing this?

Thanks again for the great mod. I know you put some time into it. I had it configured right to do credit cards so far and express checkout almost completes but gets bugered up due to it thinking its a credit card and not ec in the confirmation after returning from paypal. Other than that I have managed to get myself back to the blank page problem... haha fun fun fun.

:blush:

I would like to point out also that under configuration->logging->Log Destination it stores the set path in database and sets it exactly the way I input it... ie C:\\path\\ will show up with both \'s... however anytime I input any \'s in the wpp module settings it strips all \'s. Either a fixing it to where it works like that does or a way to set it up in configure.php file would do a lot of justice and save a lot of heart aches I believe.

IDK if its possible but man it would up the version number if you could fix this.

Thanks again.

William

function pre_confirmation_check() {
  global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $paypal_ec_token, $paypal_ec_payer_id, $paypal_ec_payer_info;
  //If this is an EC checkout, do nuttin'
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {
	return false;
  } else {
	include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'cc_validation.php');

$cc_validation = new cc_validation();
	$result = $cc_validation->validate($HTTP_POST_VARS['paypalwpp_cc_number'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['paypalwpp_cc_expires_month'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['paypalwpp_cc_expires_year']);

$error = '';
	switch ($result) {
	  case -1:
		$error = sprintf(TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD, substr($cc_validation->cc_number, 0, 4));
		break;
	  case -2:
	  case -3:
	  case -4:
		$error = TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_DATE;
		break;
	  case false:
		$error = TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_NUMBER;
		break;
	}

You think my problem may be here for ec after it comes back from paypal and gives me the cc error? I figure its something with the sessions... I use MySQL 4.1.20 for session handling. I am still fighting that blank pages and am looking through the code to see if there is a better way to do some of the things being done and to find this error I get when I had it workign without the blank pages. I may just do a reinstall and start all over starting with installing this mod then registered globals off module after.

PS Sorry if it looks like Im spamming this thread I dont mean to post so much but I am hoping for some help or ideas eventually.

William

Edited by wwalbaum

The way I deal with PayPal customers in my store is to use both PayPal WPP and PayPal IPN. Express Checkout is offered on the login and shipping pages. On the payment page, I disable the EC button in WPP, so only the credit card fields are displayed, and present IPN as "PayPal". I change the name displayed for WPP to "Credit/Debit Card", so there is a distinction to the customer between PayPal and Credit Cards. I have added code to both modules to display icons. For IPN, I display the PayPal acceptance mark. For WPP, I display a graphic that contains the acceptance marks for the four credit card brands. It works pretty well for me.

This is a screenshot showing my solution.

payment_types.jpg

--Glen

I would like to add a similar graphic to WPP. Can you tell me how to display the graphic for a specific module? I know enough php to follow along, but not enough to figure this out myself.

Also, how do I change the display name to Credit/Debit Card?

thanks for any help,

Ron

I believe I figured out what the deal was with it not showing the proper location paths... I upgraded to php5 on the webserver and made sure magic quotes was off. Now I can set the paths correctly but they still showup without the \'s unless I put \\ manually into the database... wierd stuff heh but I think I am getting somewhere with it.

I would like to add a similar graphic to WPP. Can you tell me how to display the graphic for a specific module? I know enough php to follow along, but not enough to figure this out myself.

Also, how do I change the display name to Credit/Debit Card?

thanks for any help,

Ron

I have it working. I just put ($selection[$i]['module'] == 'Credit/Debit Card') where is displays the module name in checkout_payment.php. If true it echos the graphic. If there is a more elegant way to do this this, please tell me.

And I started re-reading posts and found Glen's bit of code in post #77 which changes the module name. Thanks Glen!

-Ron

I have 0.7.3 installed and working (mostly). I am having trouble with calculations of Sales Tax on shipping.

Is an itemized total payment being sent to Paypal? In other words is the total Paypal receives broken down into items, shipping and handling? I am used to seeing the Item Amount, Shipping and Handling in Paypal's transaction details, now the S&H fields show $0.00 and the Item Amount field contains the total amount including tax.

The reason I am asking is that my total doesn't agree with Paypal, in both Direct Pay and EC. I need to charge sales tax on shipping and handling in my home state of Washington.

While Paypal provides a check box for Sales Tax calculations including S&H, it's not working. My cart correctly calculates tax on items plus shipping, however Paypal is only charging tax on the items. So what cost info is sent to Paypal?

thanks,

Ron

Can someone please just tell us where we enter the API Certificate from Paypal!!!

What file do we open! What do we fill in! Where is it! Why torture everyone with bits and pieces of support that only confuse people trying to setup what is supposed to be easy!!!

I have the info from Paypal, where do I ener it in osCommerce!!!? Please!!!!

Can someone please just tell us where we enter the API Certificate from Paypal!!!

What file do we open! What do we fill in! Where is it! Why torture everyone with bits and pieces of support that only confuse people trying to setup what is supposed to be easy!!!

I have the info from Paypal, where do I ener it in osCommerce!!!? Please!!!!

after you install this mod this support thread is for... you can enter the information into it in admin payment modules editor. you put the information in the module information after you install it and then click the "edit" button.

If you havent installed this module you will not see the place to enter the information bud.

William

I am having a problem with the shipping address when the paypal express button is used. Upon returnin to my website after hitting the paypal site, the Shipping Address is blank (okay, actually here is a , but that is it). I have search around but have been unable to find the fix for this. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any help.

I am also getting this blank Shipping Address when returning from Express Checkout. If I continue the order will still be processed, but the email that is send has the same blank shipping address. I am not sure if it is something I did creating my test user in the sandbox, or if this is an actual bug. I have been reading through posts for hours and can't find anything to help. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Ron

I have 0.7.3 installed and working (mostly). I am having trouble with calculations of Sales Tax on shipping.

Is an itemized total payment being sent to Paypal? In other words is the total Paypal receives broken down into items, shipping and handling? I am used to seeing the Item Amount, Shipping and Handling in Paypal's transaction details, now the S&H fields show $0.00 and the Item Amount field contains the total amount including tax.

The reason I am asking is that my total doesn't agree with Paypal, in both Direct Pay and EC. I need to charge sales tax on shipping and handling in my home state of Washington.

While Paypal provides a check box for Sales Tax calculations including S&H, it's not working. My cart correctly calculates tax on items plus shipping, however Paypal is only charging tax on the items. So what cost info is sent to Paypal?

thanks,

Ron

Thanks to dmason2's procedure for shipping tax (see posts #615 and #616) I seem to have this working now. Thanks dmason2!

-Ron

ok, I think I have everything installed correctly. I did it manually, and I went line for line the file on my server compared to the contribute file and it all matched. I also installed the pear files. Now on the instructions is says:

"You'll also need to download PayPal's Website Payments Pro 2.0 SDK and install the pear module contained within. I suggest you change that timeout variable mentioned above, though. A complex set of API calls over an encrypted connection needs more than 4 seconds to complete. You should set this to at least 120. "

My question is, what files from the PayPal zip file do I install and where exactly do I install them? I believe this is the only thing I have left to do. My API cert is in the right place, my API Username and Password are done. Just need to put these files on. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have it working. I just put ($selection[$i]['module'] == 'Credit/Debit Card') where is displays the module name in checkout_payment.php. If true it echos the graphic. If there is a more elegant way to do this this, please tell me.

Add this function to paypal_wpp.php:

//get icon image
function get_icon_image() {
	$icon_image .= tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'credit_cards.gif', $this->title);
	return $icon_image;
}

Then find the function "selection" and change the following:

'module' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE,
to:
					 'module' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE . '	 ' . $this->get_icon_image(),

Put the credit card acceptance mark file in /catalog/images/icons/. You can use mine; right click to download the image. I just updated it to include the latest Visa acceptance mark.

credit_cards.gif

I adapted this code from contribution 3202, which adds a PayPal icon to the PayPal IPN module.

--Glen

Put the credit card acceptance mark file in /catalog/images/icons/. You can use mine; right click to download the image. I just updated it to include the latest Visa acceptance mark.

credit_cards.gif

I adapted this code from contribution 3202, which adds a PayPal icon to the PayPal IPN module.

--Glen

Thanks so much, Glen. I was looking for a way to do this, but I just don't know php well enough. And thanks too for the acceptance icon.

I just have one known issue remaining. Is the blank Shipping Address (just a ',' shows in the address block) on returning from EC a known problem? Is there a fix?

-Ron

I have Paypal Website Payment PRO, and the CCGV coupon contribs installed. I have a coupon code for "free shipping". The receipt generated by the shopping cart is correct and show the correct amount and the coupon code entered, however the customer is still being charged for shipping by Paypal.

Has anyone else had this problem of an an adjusted order total due to a coupon not be passed to Paypal and is there a fix for this??

Thank you in advance.

David McGuffin - Website Developer

New Look Web Design

www.newlookwebdesign.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never memorize anything I can simply look up. . ." ~Albert Einstien

I have Paypal Website Payment PRO, and the CCGV coupon contribs installed. I have a coupon code for "free shipping". The receipt generated by the shopping cart is correct and show the correct amount and the coupon code entered, however the customer is still being charged for shipping by Paypal.

Has anyone else had this problem of an an adjusted order total due to a coupon not be passed to Paypal and is there a fix for this??

Thank you in advance.

There are a couple of possibilities here. One is the checkout_process logic error (bug #1629) where before_process is called before the order total modules are processed. Another is that you have profile shipping calculations set up in your PayPal account. If you do, you need to check the box at the bottom of the page to enable transaction based shipping calculations.

--Glen

I am on my 3rd readthrough of all 65 pages posts, and I see others with the same issue, but I can't find a fix. Please forgive me if this is answered somewhere.

My customer chooses Express Checkout. On returning from Paypal the customer is returned to checkout_shipping where the shipping address is blank. I understand that this is the correct returning page and that this address is being sent by Paypal.

I see a temporary fix for the erased shipping address in checkout_confirmation, but not in checkout_shipping.

Is there a fix for this? Please help!

-Ron

I am on my 3rd readthrough of all 65 pages posts, and I see others with the same issue, but I can't find a fix. Please forgive me if this is answered somewhere.

My customer chooses Express Checkout. On returning from Paypal the customer is returned to checkout_shipping where the shipping address is blank. I understand that this is the correct returning page and that this address is being sent by Paypal.

I see a temporary fix for the erased shipping address in checkout_confirmation, but not in checkout_shipping.

Is there a fix for this? Please help!

-Ron

Are you using SSL to communicate with PayPal? PayPal won't return addresses if you don't.

--Glen

ok, I've manually setup all the required additions in the files, and things look ok, EC is showing up, etc...

But the problem I'm having is, when a customer clicks on the EC button, it returns to the checkout_shipping.php page, and displays the following error...

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

this also happens when the EC button on the payment selection screen is clicked....

Secondly, I'm kinda assuming these two are linked, but, when I use the WPP for the payment selection, and get to the confirmation page and click "confirm order",(i'm using the test card data: 4072 4972 0889 7267 exp: 12/09) it seems to try to authorize the card, but returns with:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

PLEASE help me out :blink:

ok, I think I have everything installed correctly. I did it manually, and I went line for line the file on my server compared to the contribute file and it all matched. I also installed the pear files. Now on the instructions is says:

"You'll also need to download PayPal's Website Payments Pro 2.0 SDK and install the pear module contained within. I suggest you change that timeout variable mentioned above, though. A complex set of API calls over an encrypted connection needs more than 4 seconds to complete. You should set this to at least 120. "

My question is, what files from the PayPal zip file do I install and where exactly do I install them? I believe this is the only thing I have left to do. My API cert is in the right place, my API Username and Password are done. Just need to put these files on. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Is there anybody who can answer this question???? I really want to get my site up and running and this is the last step. I'd hate to have to hire somebody at this point to finish this for me.

Yes, I have SSL installed and I have verified that it returns to https://www.mysite.com/checkout_shipping.php.

-Ron

What I see is this:

The customer is returned from Express Checkout to checkout_shipping. The arrow is pointing to Shipping Address, but it is blank.

When continue is clicked the checkout_confirmation screen is displayed. This screen shows a Delivery Address, and a Billing Address with Paypal Express Checkout displayed. The email that my shopping cart sends to the customer after checkout has a populated Delivery Address and a blank Billing Address.

Is this correct? I mean what was the Shipping Address (currently blank) received from Paypal, is now the Billing Address?

Is there any way to determine what is being sent from Paypal? I'd like to know if the missing address data is simply not being sent, or if it is getting erased after receipt. The transaction is going through successfully, it is not in error, so I am getting an email of the dump.

-Ron

Is there any way to determine what is being sent from Paypal? I'd like to know if the missing address data is simply not being sent, or if it is getting erased after receipt. The transaction is going through successfully, it is not in error, so I am getting an email of the dump.

-Ron

I meant, I am NOT getting an email of the dump.

Is there anybody who can answer this question???? I really want to get my site up and running and this is the last step. I'd hate to have to hire somebody at this point to finish this for me.

If you installed the files "Pear Modules - Part 1" and "Pear Modules - Part 2", as you mentioned in your post, then you are done.

If you don't trust dynamoeffects' version, then you must do the following:

1. Install the following Pear modules:

Net_URL

Net_Socket

HTTP_Request

Log

(Some or all of these modules may already be installed on your server. You can find out if they are by typing 'pear list' from the shell.)

2. Download the WPP 2.0 SDK and install the Pear module contained within it.