• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

@Miska: No, all additions are well marked and easy to apply. Ignore the CCGV junk in the checkout_payment.php file. I'd suggest using a program like BeyondCompare to make the changes.

@steveosc: If the information that they entered was wrong, why would you want to put it right back? The idea is that they reenter the information double checking the number and dates.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@CoffeeCellar: Just upload the pear modules, ensure the pear location value in the PayPal Pro module settings is correct, and that should be it.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi Coffee,

The pear filees are essentially just a bunch more PHP code.

And yes, I believe they should be placed in the pear directory. I usually take my hint from the "include" line in the oscommerce code as to where it would "like" them to be.

As far as SMTP goes, you have to edit a file from what I remembered. I think its called email.php and put all your server information in the correct spot in there.

I downloaded a PHP SMTP contribution from here to start with. called mail_factory or something. I think if you search on that, you should find it.

Anyway, you'll need an email account for sending from on the server, and all the other info.

The problem I ran into with the contribution is that it didn't spit out MIME emails, which I needed, and they also had no date field in the email, which I needed as well.

My email server refuses emails without those 2 things in an effort to reduce spam. You may want to look into doing the same sort of thing.

Anyway, back to pear. Go find that batch file called "go-pear.bat" and run that first. That will give you a pear.php file. Then just start adding the extra pieces as you need.

Again, I'm a newbie when it comes to PHP, so I'm kind of learning on the fly. :-"

Hobbe

Can you explain the pear files to me. I have been fighting with an email issue (not related to this topic) when I came accross your comment on page 62 regarding the pear email, smtp, etc. files. I have since downloaded the latest stanble versions, but I am at a loss as to what to do next. Do I unzip them into the pear directory, and wiz bam everything should work? Or is there more to it than that.

I am running IIS5 with SMTP installed. When trying to send an email from the admin tools menu I recieve a green notice at the top of the page showing that email sent to [email protected] but the email does not go through. I find the message in the Drop folder which IIS created?

Hi dynamoeffects,

I'm at step 4 in the installation process - how do I import the SQL file "paypal_wpp.sql" into my database? (where is the oscommerce database???) You mentioned in your READ ME file that this can be done using myphpadmin but unfortunately I've never used it before as I work more with the design of the front end. Any additional information or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

I am having a problem with the shipping address when the paypal express button is used. Upon returnin to my website after hitting the paypal site, the Shipping Address is blank (okay, actually here is a , but that is it). I have search around but have been unable to find the fix for this. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any help.

Hi I have installed the WPP and i get all the way to Order Confirmation then when i hit continue i get this:

Warning: paypal_init(Services/PayPal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

Fatal error: paypal_init(): Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

I have installed Pear to catalog/pear , Services is in catalog/pear/Services

Maybe I have a bad download of Pear if so does anyone know where to download it?

Hi I have installed the WPP and i get all the way to Order Confirmation then when i hit continue i get this:

Warning: paypal_init(Services/PayPal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

Fatal error: paypal_init(): Failed opening required 'Services/PayPal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 303

I have installed Pear to catalog/pear , Services is in catalog/pear/Services

Maybe I have a bad download of Pear if so does anyone know where to download it?

Todd,

Make sure that the "Pear Modules" in the module's settings is set to '/home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/pear/'. What is happening is that the module can't find the pear modules.

If that isn't the problem, make sure that your server has a basic Pear installation. See http://pear.php.net.

--Glen

anyone have any problems with installing pear? I seem to be stuck at 70% installed...

Starting installation ...
mkdir failed:
Loading zlib: ok
Downloading package: PEAR-stable......ok
Downloading package: Archive_Tar-stable....ok
Downloading package: Console_Getopt-stable....ok
Downloading package: XML_RPC-stable....ok
Downloading package: HTML_Template_IT-stable....ok
Downloading package: Net_UserAgent_Detect-stable....ok
Downloading package: PEAR_Frontend_Web-alpha....ok
Bootstrapping: PEAR...................(remote) ok
Bootstrapping: Archive_Tar............(remote) ok
Bootstrapping: Console_Getopt.........(remote) ok
Extracting installer..................

Edited by Wraith622

@steveosc: If the information that they entered was wrong, why would you want to put it right back? The idea is that they reenter the information double checking the number and dates.

True. And, if this was the only situation where the customer would have to retype the payment information I would completely agree with you. But what about when the customer is on the Order Confirmation page (checkout_confirmation.php) and they edit their billing or shipping address or edit their Products quantity. All of the information entered into the Payment Information section is valid and good yet it has to be re-entered.

I kind of like the way Amazon's checkout system works. When you see the final Order Confirmation page you can edit your shipping address if you suddenly realized you put in the wrong address, but you don't have to re-enter your credit card info, etc... I'm thinking out loud about the easiest way for a customer to checkout. Any thoughts on this?

Todd,

Make sure that the "Pear Modules" in the module's settings is set to '/home/rusharch/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/pear/'. What is happening is that the module can't find the pear modules.

If that isn't the problem, make sure that your server has a basic Pear installation. See http://pear.php.net.

--Glen

Thanks Glen that got us past that error, now when we use 41111 etc for cc it brings us back to the credit card page.

Thanks Glen that got us past that error, now when we use 41111 etc for cc it brings us back to the credit card page.

Fixed, nope Glen you got it working thanks

OK I got EC to work to the point it brings me back to site but then I get this error:

Payment Information  

The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.

The first four digits of the number entered are: 
If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.
If it is wrong, please try again.

on checkout_payment.php in the Payment Information Step.

I am not using a credit card???? should be coming out of the test paypal account.

I would also like to point out that I found the place where config is stored in database... and overlooked what was being put in for absolute paths...

For windows like I am running... It seems both C:/path/ work and C:\\path\\ work even though the C:\\path\\ only shows up as C:path in the edit configuration information for the module. Seems it just doesnt read whats there for windows very well since it doesnt store the extra backslash but if you use two backslashes for absolute path it DOES store it with one.

:huh:

Direct Payment Pro finally worked!!!

That made the certificate a valid one and pear worked for me this way putting it with actually C:\\PATHtoCERT\\CERT.txt and C:\\PATHtoPEAR\\ although it didnt show it. I also had to setup the things mentioned earlier for registered globals off with the sessions problem... however I am still having trouble with express checkout mentioned in post above...

I am entering EC before logging in... I will try it after loggin in to see what kind of results I get.

Thank you.

Nope does the same thing...

I go from Express Checkout button=>PayPal Login and verification=> /catalog/checkout_shipping.php => /catalog/checkout_payment.php and get this error:

Payment Information  

The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.

The first four digits of the number entered are: 
If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.
If it is wrong, please try again.

I am not sure what its passing to make it want to do this... but I will study up. If anyone has any ideas or a thread I am overlooking that fixes this please help.

Thank you.

One other thing I would like to point out is the fact on windows servers with IIS the cert.txt file is exposed because the htaccess file does not work with IIS.

A work around I have found is renaming the file to cert_key_pem.php and adding this code to the top of the file:

<?php exit; ?>

That will stop any text from being parsed after that command and still allows transactions to work as far as I can tell so far. The other workaround that may be as good or better is to put it in the PEAR directory in the php\pear folder somewhere out of the web root which is previously meantioned. I have not tried it but as long as pear is working I am sure it will read it as well.

Hi dynamoeffects,

I'm at step 4 in the installation process - how do I import the SQL file "paypal_wpp.sql" into my database? (where is the oscommerce database???) You mentioned in your READ ME file that this can be done using myphpadmin but unfortunately I've never used it before as I work more with the design of the front end. Any additional information or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

I used the MySQL Query tool from the MySQL.com site. Open the .sql script up with notepad or an editor and copy the code... then open MySQL Query and click on FILE=>New Script Tab and paste the code into there. Then hit execute and it will run. Or you can run one line at a time through the execute window at top under the menu.

Good Luck!

Edited by wwalbaum

Hello Mr. Dynamo when I click on paypal fast check out this error occur :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ec_step1() in /home/ulatbulu/public_html/oscommerce/ec_process.php on line 26

Please assist.

TQ

Did you get an answer?

Ican't find one and I have the same error

I am running into the blank page problem and it is driving me nuts. I get the blank page whenever I click on the EC button or enter the credit card info and then click confirm order. I have a feeling this has something to do with it not seeing my certificate because I went into the admin panel, completely deleted the path info and username and password, and I still get the same blank pages.

The path for my certificate is: /store/http/dbyjewelry.com/html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt and I know the certificate is up there.

My host is DomainIt if that helps. I have also tried disabling SSL and that has been no help either. Is there anyone that has any ideas? I have searched this thread and nothing has helped.

Hello all,

I had a quick question about the WPP mod, I am not much of a programmer, but this was definately laid out step by step. When I finished I ran into a problem where it inserted a new login, cart, etc... block into my site, would you be able to tell which file was effected by this mod causing it to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much

By the way the site is

http://greperformance.com/shop

Did you get an answer?

Ican't find one and I have the same error

That blank page error is caused by either not having the paths to your PEAR directory and Certificate set properly...

Since its BOTH ec and direct payment coming up blank I would put money on the fact that the PEAR module may not be installed with the paypal pear module or if it is the path is NOT set up properly.

Edited by wwalbaum

Anyone have a clue why express checkout after coming back to the website from paypal and goes to payment confirmation it act like I am doing a credit card transaction and tells me I put in bad credit card info?

Thank you for any ideas that may help me out.

Hello Dynamo...

I am just wondering... would it be best to configure the paths in the configure.php file in admin or something to that effect instead of in the database?

Everytime I want to make a change my path comes up with no \'s and then saves it to the database that way making me have to add \\'s each time I need to make a fix or change. I am probably going to set it up this way for me but do you think there is any problem doing this?

Thanks again for the great mod. I know you put some time into it. I had it configured right to do credit cards so far and express checkout almost completes but gets bugered up due to it thinking its a credit card and not ec in the confirmation after returning from paypal. Other than that I have managed to get myself back to the blank page problem... haha fun fun fun.

:blush:

Edited by wwalbaum