• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I take that back. The Sandbox is down as usual, so no update today.

Is that why I was getting an error message while trying to test payment with paypal??

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: httpclient in /home/content/n/o/w/nowdesigns/html/storefront/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 224

Store is at www.nowdesigns.biz/storefront

Thanks,

Neil

@captneil: No, it's because you deleted a line in one of your files that initiates the httpclient class. Go back to your backup (if you have one) and do the integration again. If you don't have a back up, you can probably find more help in the General Support forum as this one tends to stay rather quiet.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

HI Brian, I installed your contribution at: www.nikimiami.com/cart but I found 2 problems:

1-I cannot see the option 'express checkout' on the login page

2-In the end, when I finish the shipping and the paypal logo appears, when I put the credit card info, it takes me to the paypal page so I have to either create a new account or login in mine...

I changed all the files, I uploaded the new one, I install the new module on admin, I have no error message...

Can please you tell me what did I do wrong?

Thank you

Mariana

Brian... I'm sorry, i'm just struggling with this and would love to fix the issue!

I have made all necessary changes to my files and followed the installation process flawlessly (from what I thought)...

I'm using WPP 0.9.2 and being hosted with GoDaddy - The proxy address i'm using is: http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

I get all the way to the Checkout_Confirmation page and instead of giving me a success or fail it just takes me back to Checkout_Shipping.php with no error or anything!??! I've tried everything and have re-implemented the proper changes on all the files and still no luck!

I want nothing more than to get my online store up and running, and could REALLY REALLY use some help here.

@marispb: Sounds like you didn't install everything. Go back through and compare your files to the ones in the contribution. Using file comparison software like Beyond Compare will make it much easier.

@DZ_01: It could be that register globals is turned off on your server. It's possible that you might have deleted code when installing the module. Do you use a shared SSL certificate? It's something that could only be diagnosed by going through the checkout process and adding debug code to see where it's getting redirected at.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

@DZ_01: It could be that register globals is turned off on your server. It's possible that you might have deleted code when installing the module. Do you use a shared SSL certificate? It's something that could only be diagnosed by going through the checkout process and adding debug code to see where it's getting redirected at.

Hi Brian, thank you for your reply. The register globals is set to on on the server. I do have an shared SSL certificate and is installed on the server but for some reason in the admin page it says "You are not protected by a secure SSL connection." I don't know how to turn it on? I changed the configure.php to say "define('ENABLE_SSL', true);" but it still says that. I would like to run the WPP diagnostic but can't get past the SSL issue.

Also, I tried setting it to debug mode and received no email - any ideas why not? I'm going to completely reset those files back to their original template stages and then use beyond compare again to make sure everything is done flawlessly (again)! Please let me know about the SSL and the no email debug, and I will get back to you about the file changes, thanks brian!

Brian,

Almost there! I've re uploaded the files and everything seems to be actually functioning (almost). I tried the test credit card number and it was declined - but I was happy that it didn't just loop back to the shipping! So then when I entered my actual credit card I get this error

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values (xxxx)

[TEP STOP]

Can you please shed some light on this! I tried looking through the forum and didn't have any luck, thank you!!!!

Brian,

Almost there! I've re uploaded the files and everything seems to be actually functioning (almost). I tried the test credit card number and it was declined - but I was happy that it didn't just loop back to the shipping! So then when I entered my actual credit card I get this error

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values (xxxx)

[TEP STOP]

Can you please shed some light on this! I tried looking through the forum and didn't have any luck, thank you!!!!

I am now having the same error. Anyone have a fix for this?

That error means that your MySQL server has closed the connection. Some PayPal transactions might take 30-40 seconds, but your MySQL server might be configured to automatically close the connection after 20 seconds. When your server receives the response from PayPal, it tries to store the order to the database, but the database server has closed the connection.

Hi Dynamoeffects,

Does your module make it easy to add a Paypal option to the drop down credit card menu instead of having a radio button or separate button for Paypal. Paypal's documentation notes that this is an accepted way of doing things, but they don't seem to supply the code to do so in their documentation or in their official module.

Thanks for the info,

Alan

Alan, that's a nice idea. I'll see what I can do.

NOTE: IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SANDBOX

PayPal made major changes in the sandbox without announcing it. So if you have old sandbox test accounts, you'll need to delete them and recreate them in order to test your module. Otherwise you'll get "Timeout" and "Internal Server" errors. You're also required to use the credit card number assigned to you in the test buyer account.

HI Brian,

Installed the contribution without a hitch and got everything up and working,

I'm sure you may have covered this point before in previous posts, but after reading for a while decided to ask,

I have this mod installed, and wish to have the facility to have the express checkout option installed, however we have our own credit/debit card merchant service & paypal now charge for the direct payment option in the UK.

as we have our own merchant processing for credit/debit cards is there any way to disable / remove the Paypal Direct payment option from the catalog/checkout_payment.php page? but still allow for the express checkout option?

Many thanks for a great mod.

I need some help with these modules.. Maybe this is something easy, but I just can't get things to work right.

Initially I got it to accept one payment using Payments Pro Credit Card processing. There was a page error but the payment was accepted by paypal.

Since then it has not accepted any payments through the site or Express checkout.

I ran the diagnostics and it came up like this.

Basic Tests

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Is OpenSSL installed? Yes

:( Does your store have an SSL certificate (shared/dedicated) installed and working? No

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTP test) Yes

:( API Certificate installed? No

API Username in place? Yes

API Password in place? Yes

XML Document "doExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "setExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "diagnostics.xml" exists? Yes

But I should have a functioning SSL cert from Geotrust - I went through all the SSL info posted in the tip area and I think it's working.

Also I have the cert file uploaded in the /cert directory, and believe I pointed to the absolute path correctly.

if anyone could point me in the right direction with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

-Mike

http://www.fabulousskincompany.com

@reptilekeeping: I hate to tell you this after you spent all that time installing the module, but there's a mod just for Express Checkout: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791

@zippyfear: When you installed the module, did you modify the path to the API certificate or leave it alone? Typically you can leave it alone as it builds that path from your configure.php script. If you did modify it, probably best to uninstall the module then reinstall it in your admin panel. Also your SSL certificate is installed, but your store isn't correctly configured because it's pulling everything from http:// instead of https://, thus the broken lock in the browser. Probably best to contact CRELoaded support for a fix.

@reptilekeeping: I hate to tell you this after you spent all that time installing the module, but there's a mod just for Express Checkout: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791

Hi Brian

Thanks for the response,

I had installed and tested the module you mentioned but it didn't actually do what i wanted. I then found your Module.

The above module you mentioned, still requires a customer to set up an account on the website then allows them to pay by which ever payment method.

I prefer your module that will automatically create the account, therefore saving the customer time, and increasing our order conversion. The above module does not seem to allow for the automated account creation like (PWA).

Your module does exactly what i need, allowing the customer to express pay without logging into our website, either direct from the shopping_cart.php or login.php pages. It then sends the info back from paypal to the website for account creation.

I just wondered if it is possible to remove the paypal direct payment option (the credit card fields)from the checkout_payment.php page???

Like in the image below? or is this against the paypal TOS?

test_paypal.jpg

Reptilekeeping

@zippyfear: When you installed the module, did you modify the path to the API certificate or leave it alone? Typically you can leave it alone as it builds that path from your configure.php script. If you did modify it, probably best to uninstall the module then reinstall it in your admin panel. Also your SSL certificate is installed, but your store isn't correctly configured because it's pulling everything from http:// instead of https://, thus the broken lock in the browser. Probably best to contact CRELoaded support for a fix.

Thanks for the quick reply.. ok, after some more checking and a few changes I was able to get the express module to work. (twice!)

The changes I made -

I changed the cert directory, ensured that it was CHMOD to 666 (it was) and changed the corresponding path in the configuration.

I set the log level to Debug (it was off before) and fixed the path for it (must end with /)

I was hoping to just get some further information to help troubleshoot it, and go figure.. it worked.

Now, I can't get the CCP module to work still. It fails to accept any credit card transactions and doesn't put anything in the log file. Any ideas on that? My understanding was the settings were basically the same for the two modules..

Thanks again for the help.

Also, just FYI.. the debug module still says the same things about the SSL and cert file not being right. I know you commented about the SSL, but it kicks over to SSL when you log in or go to checkout. So it appears to be working as I think it should.

-Mike

@reptilekeeping: At first I thought suggesting commenting out the part of the code that generates the form, but it's a little more complicated than that. If someone selected the radio box next to that selection and hit "Continue" instead of actually clicking on the Express Checkout button, it would cause all sorts of errors.

@zippyfear: Ah, you're using PayPal's version of the module. You'll need to send support questions to them because I don't know enough about it anymore.

@reptilekeeping: At first I thought suggesting commenting out the part of the code that generates the form, but it's a little more complicated than that. If someone selected the radio box next to that selection and hit "Continue" instead of actually clicking on the Express Checkout button, it would cause all sorts of errors.

@zippyfear: Ah, you're using PayPal's version of the module. You'll need to send support questions to them because I don't know enough about it anymore.

That was my first thought, and i got lots of errors.

i assume there is no easy fix for what i need?

Hello there all,

I've installed this module straight onto a fresh installation of osCommerce and I have set it up with my PayPal Sandbox account. I can carry out successful transactions via Express Checkout every time :)

However, I have not at all been able to process Credit Card payments via PayPal Direct Payment. I have used every different sandbox Credit Card number I could find but I always get the same error:

-- Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

--

-- No response from PayPal

-- No response was received from PayPal. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Does this sound like something simple to fix or like something complicated?

I do find playing with osCommerce interesting but after my 3rd attempt at reinstalling osCommerce and this module from scratch I'm starting to feel like the definition of insanity, that is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result :)

Best wishes, Kat

In the sandbox now, you must create a seller and a buyer account. The only credit card number you can use is the one from the buyer's account.

Thanks for the tip Dynamoeffects. I'll try setting up a credit card on the buyer account in the sandbox.

I do have it set up that way at the moment but I'll delete my existing buyer accounts and set up some more with new credit cards as well. I'll post the results when I've tried it out. Thanks again.