• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

My support contact at paypal has asked the following :

I will need to see the actual data string you are submitting from your cart to the PayPal system for processing to further research this issue. The issue is within the install or configuration of the module / cart as the cart is passing the amount for the order to the module. The module then forwards that to PayPal for processing. The PayPal system does not default the amount to a zero value but will process the amount as it comes across. If the amount is in an invalid format, the payment is not processed and an error message is issued.

The error message you are getting is specific to a zero amount value being submitted to the PayPal system.

Could someone please tell me how I can access the "data string "

Thank you

I am getting the Forbidden You don't have permission to access ... error when clicking on the 'What's this?' Link.

After reading through previous posts, the only solution appears to be to delete/rename the .htaccess file in the includes directory. I have tested this and this does fix the problem. My concern and question here is what security implications does this have? My limited understanding was that this file would prevent unauthorised direct access to the files in this directory so would deleting the file leave the installation open to hacking?

@cookiebob: Turn "Debug Mode" on in the module's settings. It will email you with all of the information necessary. However, the problem is most likely with your store, not with PayPal.

@markpdoyle: Delete the ".htaccess" file in the /includes/paypal_wpp/ directory.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Brain

Thanks for your reply, You were right it was down to user error MINE !!!!!!

I did not have the UK pound configured as GBP so PayPal wouldn't accept it.

I have corrected this and the PayPal bit workd fine, however I can not retrieve any orders I now get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class currencies in /home/fhlinux150/a/autowash-products.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 16

Would you know how I can correct this ?

Thanks

Bob

There's a duplicate require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php'); line in /admin/orders.php. Delete the second one. It was a mistake in the installation instructions.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

Having difficulty posting directly to you. Please excue the multiple posts.

Getting a blank page response with WPP 1.0.1.

Have the cert, authorized the username to no avail.

catalog/wpp_diagnostics.php gives a blank response too. Any ides what this means and how I can fix it?

Are you a GoDaddy customer? If so, refer to the configuration page in the readme.

Hi

Does your module support selling Credits for use in selling digital products via Downloads ?

We need to update the Customer account with the purchased Credits, in order to allow a download... your mod sounds like it is able to update the Customer account if a transaction is complete.

Is this accurate?

Can your Mod could be altered to work with Credits?

May I have your permission to alter the Mod in order to achieve my goal?

rene.lanthier

I am also a godaddy SSL cert customer.

I submitted a sandbox transaction and go the following error.

Error SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca (Error No. 35)

What should I tell godaddy?

Thank you.

spcalia

Further info from wpp_diagnostics.php

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

Is this still the proxy issue?

Stephen

I am also a godaddy SSL cert customer.

I submitted a sandbox transaction and go the following error.

Error SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca (Error No. 35)

What should I tell godaddy?

Thank you.

spcalia

@robear: It would be smarter to add that code near the end of the order in checkout_process.php, around after_process.php. You shouldn't need to modify this module unless you need to send something extra to PayPal.

@spcalia: You're trying to use a sandbox API certificate on the live server or vice versa. They're not interchangeable.

@spcalia: You're trying to use a sandbox API certificate on the live server or vice versa. They're not interchangeable.

Thanks. That was it. Switched everything to live server values and diagnostic passed.

@cookiebob: Turn "Debug Mode" on in the module's settings. It will email you with all of the information necessary. However, the problem is most likely with your store, not with PayPal.

@markpdoyle: Delete the ".htaccess" file in the /includes/paypal_wpp/ directory.

Thanks for the quick reply, I had already deleted the ".htaccess" file in the /includes/paypal_wpp/ directory. It does work if I rename the .htaccess file in the includes folder but this would not be secure. Do you have any other ideas?

Have enable express checkout, but get the following:

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Shipping Address State Empty (10729)

The field Shipping Address State is required

Page displays following code:

array(3) { ["Security"]=> string(0) "" ["RequesterCredentials"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(1) { ["Credentials"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(3) { ["Username"]=> string(0) "" ["Password"]=> string(0) "" ["Subject"]=> string(0) "" } } } } ["SetExpressCheckoutResponse"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(6) { ["Timestamp"]=> string(20) "2008-04-08T23:08:23Z" ["Ack"]=> string(7) "Failure" ["CorrelationID"]=> string(12) "721eeca67c84" ["Errors"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(4) { ["ShortMessage"]=> string(28) "Shipping Address State Empty" ["LongMessage"]=> string(44) "The field Shipping Address State is required" ["ErrorCode"]=> string(5) "10729" ["SeverityCode"]=> string(5) "Error" } } ["Version"]=> string(8) "2.000000" ["Build"]=> string(6) "543066" } } }

Did I miss something in the insallation?

@robear: It would be smarter to add that code near the end of the order in checkout_process.php, around after_process.php. You shouldn't need to modify this module unless you need to send something extra to PayPal.

Hi.

Does that mean I do or don't need your module

Radio Buttons to Check Boxes - I am having great success with this contrib, and have used it for over a year now. Many thanks for everyones efforts.

I want to switch the radio buttons to check boxes and it's clearly more complicated than I thought. I reveiwed the checkout_payment.php file and I see where it draws the radio buttons, but it's clearly not as easy as just changing from:

input_type="radiobutton" to input_type="checkbox"

I'm confident the changes need to be made in this area:

<?php
 }

$radio_buttons = 0;
 $payment = (!$payment) ? 'paypal_wpp' : $payment;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
		  <tr>
			<td><?php //echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="90%" align=left cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {
  echo '				  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
} else {
  echo '				  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
}
?>
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				<td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>
				<td class="main" align="right">
<?php
if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
  echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
} else {
  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
}
?>
				</td>
				<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {
?>
			  <tr>
				<td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>
			  </tr>
//Start of CC fields
<?php
} elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {
?>
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
?>
				  <tr>
					<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
					<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
					<td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>
					<td><?php //echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				  </tr>
<?php
  }
?>
				</table><hr></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
			</table></td>
			<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
$radio_buttons++;
 }
?>

What do I change? Please help me and thank you again for your support.

Tom

Anyone can buy a camera... it's what you do with it that counts!

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

Hi,

I'm having problems with my admin configure file. I'm getting this error when clicking on Orders in the Admin:

Warning: main(/home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 8

Warning: main(/home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 8

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/includes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local//lib/php') in /home/www/xxxxx/xxxxx/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 8

Seems my forward slashes are ok but this doesn't look right with two forward slashes and not sure if this is the problem or not:

(include_path='.:/usr/local//lib/php')

Anyone know what the problem could be?

@spcalia: Sounds like you're actually using Harald's version as mine never dumps the raw response to screen.

@robear: If you want to use Paypal Pro, then use, you need this module. If you simply want to do something with customer credits, that should be modified outside of this module.

@stickypod: Please try to keep the questions relevant to PayPal Pro. If you change the radio buttons to checkbox buttons, your checkout is going to break.

@MJP: One or both of your configure.php files are misconfigured.

Thanks Brian. I did an upgrade on the store along with upgrading this PayPal WPP contrib.

What I don't understand is the error is saying that the path to the admin configure.php file is:

/home/www/domainname/mystore/includes/configure.php

That isn't the path to my admin configure.php file. The path should be:

/home/www/domainname/mystore/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Just playing around in admin/orders.php I type:

include(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure.php');

and the error goes away. I'll work on both configure files and see where I went wrong.

It's purposefully pulling in the configure.php from your customer side because Harald still hasn't fixed the missing defines in /admin/includes/configure.php

Post your /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php here. I'm 100% sure this is a misconfiguration issue.

It's purposefully pulling in the configure.php from your customer side because Harald still hasn't fixed the missing defines in /admin/includes/configure.php

Post your /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php here. I'm 100% sure this is a misconfiguration issue.

This is my admin configure.php file:

<?php

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://secureserver/domainname/mystore'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://secureserver/domainname/mystore');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://secureserver/domainname/mystore');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/www/domainname/mystore/'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

and this my catalog includes configure.php file:

<?php

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.org/mystore'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secureserver/domainname/mystore'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domainname.org');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'secureserver/domainname.org/');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

Your store is located at http://www.example.com/mystore/catalog/ ? I'm surprised you don't experience session issues with your configure.php scripts like that.

For instance, your includes/configure.php file should look like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.org'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secureserver.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.domainname.org');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.secureserver.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/mystore/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/domainname/mystore/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/mystore/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/domainname/mystore/catalog/');

Your admin configure should look similar. The one define I needed to see is the DIR_FS_CATALOG define in your /includes/configure.php file. That misconfigured would be what's causing your problem.

Your store is located at http://www.example.com/mystore/catalog/ ? I'm surprised you don't experience session issues with your configure.php scripts like that.

For instance, your includes/configure.php file should look like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.org'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secureserver.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.domainname.org');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.secureserver.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/mystore/catalog/');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/domainname/mystore/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/mystore/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/domainname/mystore/catalog/');

Your admin configure should look similar. The one define I needed to see is the DIR_FS_CATALOG define in your /includes/configure.php file. That misconfigured would be what's causing your problem.

Sorry, Brian!

here is the DIR_FS_CATALOG from /includes/configure.php

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']). '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');