• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Ah no, I see the problem. Where does this come from?

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

It should be manually defined, or if you want to leave it like that, change it to this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/');

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Has anyone else installed the dynamoeffects v1.0.0 contribution into a store that is in a subdirectory? (e.g. www.mystore.com/shop). I am having a looping problem and just wanted to see if anyone else who has the same setup experiences this problem.

My store is planned to launch this Saturday and this is the last contribution I have left to go. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by jackcorbis

No, it's not just you, I was able to replicate those problems and have them fixed. Once I get the missing billing address problem fixed, I'll release the new version. Most likely today since I'm working on it now.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

A new version has been uploaded that fixes the path issues. Follow the upgrade instructions and it should resolve the problems you were having.

Hello again Brian,

The module still loops and I have this feeling it is because of the previously installed contributions. Namely Fast Easy Checkout (FEC) which combines the checkout_payment page to be inside the checkout_shipping page.

What happens in the process (ignoring express checkout (EC)) is that when the customer logs in or finishes creating an account they are taken to my combined checkout_shipping page. The customer selects their shipping method and fills out and selects credit card as their payment (Paypal Direct Payments). Once they click continue, the new issue includes that they are now taken to checkout_payment instead of the checkout_confirmation page. But if they customer ignores this and clicks continue again, they are now taken to checkout_confirmation. Checkout_confirmation looks good so the order is confirmed but then the customer is taken back to checkout_payment.

I think the solution might reside in the files in /paypal_wpp/ that redirects the customer to checkout_payment instead of checkout_shipping. All I have to do is switch it, but I dont know which lines do this specifically. Let me know what you think :)

Part of the installation of FEC is to change the FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT define to checkout_shipping.php, so there should be no need to alter the code.

Many people have successfully used FEC and this module, so the problem is most likely elsewhere.

Edited by dynamoeffects

thanks for the quick reply Brian, I looked into it everywhere. Changing the filename.php file to reflect that checkout_payment directs to checkout_shipping.php was done, but now makes the checkout process stay on checkout_shipping.php when the customer continues.

I'm thinking maybe the module isnt working yet is because the site is under an .htaccess (since my store isnt launched yet). I'll be trying that in a few minutes to see.

The reason why I came up with that conclusion is because the "What's This" link directs fine now, but it shows as:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /shop/includes/paypal_wpp/cvv2info.php on this server."

I'll keep you updated

Ok so it wasnt .htaccess. But I did find some good news. Using the included checkout_success, checkout_shipping, checkout_payment, and checkout_confirmation files included in Paypal_WPP_1.0.1, I was able to make a live working transaction!

I tried refunding the transaction but it failed due to the card I believe

"Warning Refund Failed for the following reason(s):

Transaction refused (10009)

You can not refund this type of transaction"

I assume that's normal.

I'll post up my results once I figure out my error. Thank you so much for your immediate support Brian!

That error can be taken literally. Some transactions aren't refundable, either because of the type or the status.

Glad you got it figured out. What was the problem?

Edited by dynamoeffects

Hey Brian,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. Theoretically, if I'm just trying to fix just the Direct Payments, I shouldnt have to worry about any of the installation instructions (minus the define filenames and orders.php instructions), correct? It would technically be almost a drag and drop into the ftp and then installing it in the admin payment modules. I looked at the instructions and most of it seems to only affect the Easy Checkout portion of the contribution. I'm trying to narrow down the bug. :)

-Jack

Hey Brian.

I'm one step closer. The module now works with my files but the only catch is that when the customer selects their shipping and payment options on checkout_shipping.php and continues, it takes the customer to checkout_payment.php. The customer presses continue on checkout_payment.php, is directed to checkout_confirmation.php to confirm. The customer confirms and BAM!! Money starts to flow into my account.

The only thing left I need to do is to get the checkout_payment.php page out of the process

I tried changing /shop/includes/filenames.php from:

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_payment.php');

to

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_shipping.php');

but this just continuously keeps the customer on checkout_shipping.php after pressing continue.

Do you happen to have any other recommendations? I appreciate your help a lot!

Edited by jackcorbis

apologies if this has been answered, i did not see it in the last 5 or so pages.

i installed, 1.0.0, and then today have added in the new parts of 1.0.1.

so i have fixed the error where it goes nowhere if i click on express. but it keeps givingme the following error and sending me back to the page i clicked from.

Your Website Payments Pro API certificate could not be found. Please check the location in your administration section.

now i have tried multiple ways of placing the code.

-http://www.ironhalo.net/store/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/cert_key_pem.txt-

-https://ironhalo.net.sslpowered.com/store//catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/cert_key_pem.txt-

-http://ironhalo.net/store/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/cert_key_pem.txt-

now they all link to the file when i enter the address into a browser, but i can;t make the store find it.

any suggestions?

and also, is there an option for allowing multiple paypal currencies? being based in NZ, we deal with lots of different countries and it would be good to be able to let them pay pounds, AUD, Euro, USD etc. looking at the history of the addon, it looks like there was an option once, but i don;t want to try and add it if it cocks up the current addon.

Cheers

AL

Edited by Ironhalo

I have installed Paypal WPP 1.0.0 - on new OSC site - these are my issues:

1. WPP Diagnostics - says API Certificate Directory Protected - NO - how do I protect it ?

2. On Checkout Payment PHP page the Paypal Direct Payment button is not showing up - can't seem to find the image to upload - help?

3. On Checkout Payment PHP page - when you click on What's This? next to CC security Code - Error Message:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

Can anyone help?

@jackcorbis: Setting up the latest version of FEC for a client, I've found it to be extremely buggy. For instance you can complete checkout without selecting a payment option and CCGV doesn't work unless I submit it twice. I'm rewriting large sections of it so that it works correctly. There's really no easy solution to getting FEC to work other than perhaps using an earlier version.

@Ironhalo: The path to the certificate, as specified in the admin, should be a full path. It wouldn't start with "http", but look like: /home/ironhalo/httpdocs/store/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/cert_key.txt (for example). Whichever currency you select in the module's settings will be the currency that's deposited into your account. If someone wants to checkout with a different currency, it will be converted during checkout.

@mdtdesign:

1) Is there a .htaccess file in your includes/paypal_wpp/cert/ directory? If not, find the .htaccess file in the zip file that you downloaded and upload it to your store. Your FTP client may be hiding it because it thinks it's a hidden file, so turn of that option.

2) Is the module enabled in the admin?

3) Possibly you have a .htaccess file in your /includes directory that's blocking all access to the paypal_wpp directory. Try removing it temporarily and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply, i seem to be having a brain fart, i;ve tried all sorrts of things.

i can;t get this absolute path thing to work.

can you please give me some suggestions?

the file is in

http://www.ironhalo.net/store/catalog/incl...ert_key_pem.txt

the store itself is in the catalog directory.

when i look at the store via ftp program theres some odd text in the root folder name, such as /mnt/b01d5bdc/

but when i use that, i get some error telling me i need an xml file.

and finally, is there an addon that allows people to pay in different currencies in paypal? rather than reverting back to USD? basically so we can recieve, USD, GBP, AUD etc.

AL

Ok, first of all upload the /catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/.htaccess file found in the zip file that you downloaded from here to the same place on your site. Right now your key is completely unprotected and that's not good. If you don't see a .htaccess file, you need to set the options in your FTP software to show hidden files.

What is the path you have set for the certificate in the module's settings? The default one should be correct.

Ok, first of all upload the /catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/.htaccess file found in the zip file that you downloaded from here to the same place on your site. Right now your key is completely unprotected and that's not good. If you don't see a .htaccess file, you need to set the options in your FTP software to show hidden files.

What is the path you have set for the certificate in the module's settings? The default one should be correct.

I uploaded the .htaccess file and ran the Diagnostics again - that fixed the API Cert - THANKS, BUT - now it is saying that I all the XML docs do not exist but I am looking at my remote files and I do see them

What should I do

Can you help me find the image for the PayPal Direct Payment Button on the checkout_payment.php page? I can't seem to find it and it isn't showing on the site?

Also the error I received when I click on the "WHAT'S THIS?" on the checkout_payment.php page - is still reading:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

How do I fix this??

Hey Brian,

I think I might be safe, I dont suffer from any of the bugs you mentioned (and I'm using kgt discount coupons instead). FEC was actually the first contribution I installed (months ago) I believe I'm using version "FEC 3.2 Quicker Install v3 or v4 by amayernx (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3469)" I'll be interested to see the parts that you rewrote though.

My site works fine with other payments (such as the normal paypal payment module), I think somewhere in the Paypal WPP module it's asking for some type of validation (which is why it works after the customer continues on checkout_payment), it's as if it requires checkout_payment in order to complete the checkout. I'll look through the Paypal WPP code today, but if you happen to know if/where the module does this so I can reflect it as checkout_shipping that'll be superb!

Thank you again so much for your help thus far :)

@jackcorbis: Setting up the latest version of FEC for a client, I've found it to be extremely buggy. For instance you can complete checkout without selecting a payment option and CCGV doesn't work unless I submit it twice. I'm rewriting large sections of it so that it works correctly. There's really no easy solution to getting FEC to work other than perhaps using an earlier version.

@Ironhalo: The path to the certificate, as specified in the admin, should be a full path. It wouldn't start with "http", but look like: /home/ironhalo/httpdocs/store/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/cert/cert_key.txt (for example). Whichever currency you select in the module's settings will be the currency that's deposited into your account. If someone wants to checkout with a different currency, it will be converted during checkout.

@mdtdesign:

1) Is there a .htaccess file in your includes/paypal_wpp/cert/ directory? If not, find the .htaccess file in the zip file that you downloaded and upload it to your store. Your FTP client may be hiding it because it thinks it's a hidden file, so turn of that option.

2) Is the module enabled in the admin?

3) Possibly you have a .htaccess file in your /includes directory that's blocking all access to the paypal_wpp directory. Try removing it temporarily and see what happens.

Edited by jackcorbis

This may help people who would like to see the PayPal payment status (Completed", Pending (eCheck) or any others there may be) in the list of orders in admin.

Also included are alternate directions to add the Order ID in addition to the PayPal payment status to the list if you would like to.

I use the payment status retruned from PayPal while viewing the day's orders to make sure I don't ship any items to someone that used this excellent PayPal WPP contribution with an eCheck before the payment clears.

Here is how I did it - there may be a better way but this worked for me:

I added a field to my orders table called ppstat using the following statement in MySQL:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `ppstat` TEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Then in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php (in the after_process() function):

Look for:

tep_db_query("update ".TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY. " set comments = concat(if(trim(comments) != '', concat(trim(comments), '\n'), ''), 'Transaction ID: ".$this->trans_id."\nPayment Type: ".$this->payment_type."\nPayment Status: ".$this->payment_status.($this->avs != 'N/A' ? "\nAVS Code: ".$this->avs."\nCVV2 Code: ".$this->cvv2 : '')."') where orders_id = ".$insert_id);

and right under it add:

tep_db_query("update ".TABLE_ORDERS. " set ppstat = '". $this->payment_status ."' where orders_id = ".$insert_id);

Then, in admin/orders.php:

Look for the following (in three occurances of the $orders_query_raw query - be sure to change all three occurances) :

o.currency_value,

and change it to:

o.currency_value, o.ppstat,

and, still in /admin/orders.php, look for:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>

under that add:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo 'Payment Status'; ?></td>

Then, just a little further down, still in /admin/orders.php, look for:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>

and under that add:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['ppstat']; ?></td>

Now in admin you will see the "Completed", "Pending (echeck)" or other staus in a column in your orders list.

You can of course change where the status shows up by altering where you put the table heading and table content statements above.

I also have the Order ID show up in my orders list.

I have it right after the Payment Status as follows but you can put the column anywhere, again by altering where you put the table heading and table content statements.

To add both the Payment Status and Order ID at the same time - instead of the last two steps above look for:

[code]<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>

and then right under it add:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo 'Payment Status'; ?></td>
<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo 'Order ID'; ?></td>

I use the Order ID for a script I hacked that allows me to enter a starting order id and an ending ID that then returns all the orders in that range with the info I need to email my warehouse to ship to the orders.

I am sure others would like to be able to see the order id in the orders list for other reasons so I include it here.

I hope this helps someone.

BFCase

Thanks for this post from a long time ago June 2006, I was trying to figure out a way to make sure we don't send out echecks until they cleared and I have used this code above from BFcase. I found the order id code useful too so If you want to add the order id code at the end then you also need this line under

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>

put this instead once you have added the other items above that was optional

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $orders['orders_status_name']; ?></td>
<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['ppstat']; ?></td>
<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" <?php echo $onclick; ?>><?php echo $orders['orders_id']; ?></td>

thanks for your post BFCASE

:thumbsup: Zach