• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

you need to pay that to be able to take direct payments - without it your api credentials won't work...

I am not so sure... I will have to phone paypal tomorrow and find out what's going on because their website says something else under the 'additonal payments' link which is separated from WPP..... READ THIS

The part where it says 'express checkout' - look at the second paragraph

I think my phone call is overdue as i have spend days on seperating the script and it may all be pointless? You say it won't work but i have spken to other programmers (including one on this thread) saying it will work... I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA fiddlesticks!!!!!!!

I just found this READ THIS

The footnaote clearly says Paypal Direct API and Express Checkout must be used as part of WPP..... well that clears that up then!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA fiddlesticks!!!!!!!

I just found this READ THIS

The footnaote clearly says Paypal Direct API and Express Checkout must be used as part of WPP..... well that clears that up then!

I respect your attempt to find a workaround to paying the $20. But in all reality, $20 is dirt cheap to have credit card payments right there on your site. You should just pay it and be happy that they offer it.

I respect your attempt to find a workaround to paying the $20. But in all reality, $20 is dirt cheap to have credit card payments right there on your site. You should just pay it and be happy that they offer it.

Paypal charges USA residents $20 a month and it is fine and dirt cheap......... but they charge UK residents £20 a month which is around $40 US, I agree it is still dirt cheap.

I don't have an issue with paying it because it gives a professional feel to any osc store but I think most new store owners will give it a miss in order to save initial outlay.

CHOOCH

Paypal charges USA residents $20 a month and it is fine and dirt cheap......... but they charge UK residents £20 a month which is around $40 US, I agree it is still dirt cheap.

I don't have an issue with paying it because it gives a professional feel to any osc store but I think most new store owners will give it a miss in order to save initial outlay.

Chooch,

Express checkout is totally free and has nothing to do with any Credentials - its basically an api version of the Paypal IPN contrib ..You can use it on its own and I have done so for a while ... Express checkout does not process payments on your site , it takes you to paypal and is quite nice.

To use direct credit card payments though, which is the whole jist of this contrib and discussion, you need to pay for a paypal pro account.

True, but any new store owner looking to save money can go with Express Checkout......or the default PayPal module that comes with OSC, which is completely free to setup and use. Once you advance to the level where you need a professional feel, the £20 solution is there for you.

To use direct credit card payments though, which is the whole jist of this contrib and discussion, you need to pay for a paypal pro account.

Thanks, I clocked that :D

The express checkout is very nifty isn't is... quite nice, very speedy and can have settings of verified customers only.

CHOOCH

True, but any new store owner looking to save money can go with Express Checkout......or the default PayPal module that comes with OSC, which is completely free to setup and use. Once you advance to the level where you need a professional feel, the £20 solution is there for you.

Yes, the other paypal contributions have progressed many fold so they are more than suitable until onsite processing is a must. Thanks

CHOOCH

Hi, I've installed this contribution in the beginning and it worked fine. After I installed and tweaked couple of things on the site, it doesn't work anymore! I have no idea what happened. I believe I have all the right API info and all, but when I go to checkout->

It prompts me to select a payment form, and only shows the paypal? So it refuses to let me continue. If I select Paypal Express checkout, it doesn't let me continue to the confirmation page either??

http://cdlpress.com/catalog/checkout_payme...+for+your+order.

It doesnt prompt me to enter in the cc number or whatever else, it just quickly goes straight to express payment?

Hi

I've installed this excellent contrib and it's working fine, however I need to setup payment pro in my sandbox account but it won't let me saying I haven't filled out numerous fields which aren't even there ! I've heard you need to setup from outside sandbox account when it's a UK one - anyone had this ?

Hi

I've installed this excellent contrib and it's working fine, however I need to setup payment pro in my sandbox account but it won't let me saying I haven't filled out numerous fields which aren't even there ! I've heard you need to setup from outside sandbox account when it's a UK one - anyone had this ?

I am from the UK but have personally never used Sandbox... I use live straight away. As I can refund myself, it doesnt bother me.

Edited by eliw

I've heard you need to setup from outside sandbox account when it's a UK one - anyone had this ?

Well as Eliw said, going live to test is a very good idea. Maybe you can create a test item for just £1.00 and see if the transactions go through. Just an idea.

CHOOCH

No, paypal doesn't allow you to apply for WPP with UK business accounts in the sandbox. That's one of the reasons adding UK compatibility has been such a pain in the ass.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

No, paypal doesn't allow you to apply for WPP with UK business accounts in the sandbox. That's one of the reasons adding UK compatibility has been such a pain in the ass.

To test UK paypal pro read this article from paypal support : http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/mess...;message.id=198

Hope this helps... really gagging here while waiting for the Switch/Maestro support :P

I've installed the contribution and it seems to work with just two obvious faults at the moment.

1. All Credit card payments are settled in USD, I'm wanting GBP. I've been through the paypal_wpp.php and changed USD to GBP and I'm now getting 10401,10426,10427,10428,10429 & 10431 errors which I think are related to the currency.

2. I don't get the Fast Checkout button on the Login screen, I've checked the login.php file and it looks OK, is there something I need to enable for this to display?

2. I don't get the Fast Checkout button on the Login screen, I've checked the login.php file and it looks OK, is there something I need to enable for this to display?

You will only see this if a) you are not logged into an account already and B) have an item in your basket. It should then be visible. I encountered the same issue.

This is a frikkin nightmare, Has anyone in the UK actually got through the mess of a sign up routine they have put in place ? Eliw how did you get your live account ? I'm calling them tomorrow - has anyone asked them when thay are offering GBP API !

This is a frikkin nightmare, Has anyone in the UK actually got through the mess of a sign up routine they have put in place ? Eliw how did you get your live account ? I'm calling them tomorrow - has anyone asked them when thay are offering GBP API !

I did it exactly the normal way mate. I then edited this contrib "a fair bit" - I also used the contrib included in CRE 6.2 pro which is easier to install (as it is already installed:)) and with multicurrency support but still lacking the UK debit cards. And it worked ..

Paypal will be releasing "shortly" an OScommerce module for UK Paypal pro .. an official version which will be fully supported by them. So I suggest you all simply wait for that as it seems to be fairly near completion.

Here is what paypal themseves have to say about this: http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/mess...y.id=20733#M213

I wish this contrib had the UK cards (maesto/switch) as I have done so much work on it, but it seems the author is running into problems fully implementing it for the UK... such a shame.

Hope this helps...

Paypal will be releasing "shortly" an OScommerce module for UK Paypal pro .. an official version which will be fully supported by them. So I suggest you all simply wait for that as it seems to be fairly near completion.

I am bloomin' looking forward to it... especially if it does the one thing this contribution doesn't do at the moment.... no not take solo/switch & maestro card.....but actually protect against downloadable item hacking.

At the moment it is possible to abuse downloadable items by using the express checkout and after viewing the paypal page you click 'return to complete order'. Once there at checkout confirmation you simply change the addres in the browser by overriding the checkout_confirmation.php part of the URL in the browser to checkout_process.php and then you press enter/return.

That sends out order emails and NOT paypal ones, but the order status is updated and downloadable items can be accessed if set up that way! This needs to be fixed. Luckily it doesn't happen when the Direct Payment facility is used as it is protected somehow.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

One you have access to Paypal Manager you are told what you need to verify your account, fax this to Paypal, I telephoned to get UK Fax number, Can PM it to you if you want it, then afetr 5 days or so your account is made live.

Do you have a working UK WPP module?

Edited by cmjennings21

One you have access to Paypal Manager you are told what you need to verify your account, fax this to Paypal, I telephoned to get UK Fax number, Can PM it to you if you want it, then afetr 5 days or so your account is made live.

Do you have a working UK WPP module?

Hi,

Yes I have a fully working UK WPP module for direct payments, and I finally even managed to add support for SOLO/SWITCH cards.

I'd love to be able to share the code with you all but as I'm a code butcher and there is no organisation in how I hack code, I don't know from where to start.

The main thing I started with was to systematically replace USB by GBP in the paypal_wpp.php file. You will need to carefully go through it and make a decision about which entry to replace by GBP (pretty much all of them) - this has made the only possible currency the pound but I don't sell in any other currecies so I don't really care about the loss of USD and EUR etc.. but with a bit more hacking I suppose I can enable multicurrencies.

You will find references in the code about removing some lines for support for other currencies (left by the author about when multicurrencies support was gonna become available) - don't remove them ! -- Keep them there and replace USB by GBP on those lines as well.

If you do it like I did you will find that it will work flawlessly and will post money in Pounds to your paypal account and you'll become richer than the queen...

About the Solo/Switch - what you need to do is basically add a new drop down in the card entry page for start year and start month (this is also done in paypal_wpp.php) - then change paypal_wpp.php accordingly to deal with these new variables - once you do it (this will involve a fair but of careful editing) you will then have to go to the file in the wpp_xml file called doDirectPayment.xml and add the two new variables associating them with their Paypal expected format of :

<StartMonth>PAYPAL_CC_START_MONTH</StartMonth>

<StartYear>PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR</StartYear>

This will give you full support for these two card. I just hope I could test a switch or solo card - I don't have one so can't tell if it works but it should as the gateway ir replying with encouraging messages when sent a dummy switch card number.

I hope this will help some of you - you need patience and a bit of skill in butchery to get this to work but it is doable.

You can test my site here http://www.smalldrives.com/shopup (don't go to www.smalldrives.com as it doesnt have wpp yet).

Edited by eliw

About the Solo/Switch - what you need to do is basically add a new drop down in the card entry page for start year and start month (this is also done in paypal_wpp.php) - then change paypal_wpp.php accordingly to deal with these new variables

And and issue number?

It would be good if someone could test this with a live transaction.

And and issue number?

It would be good if someone could test this with a live transaction.

Issue number is not strictly needed (and a few places I shopped from did not request for SWICTH/SOLO) - but the procedure to add it is the same as with start date.

Basically I got lazy and did not add it but if I manage to grab hold of a switch card and it ends up not working because of the issue number then adding it is fairly simple and quick. Ny next hack will be to make the boxes relevent to SWITCH/SOLO appear only when this type of card is selected as to avoid confusion.

The XML bit would look like this :

<IssueNumber>PAYPAL_CC_ISSUENUMBER</IssueNumber>

If someone would like to help - I can add a very cheap £0.10 item and with delivery of £0.10 to test this - Would be nice if you test obviously with SWITCH/SOLO and I will refund the money straight away. But please PM first before.

Edited by eliw