• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

One more quick question, Dynamo, will it be difficult to add functions that accept Solo or Maestro/Switch card?

These credit cards ask for 1 additional detail, which is the start date (MM-YYYY). Would it be difficult to do? Would it be just as simple as adding an extra line like

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_STARTS,

'field' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('paypalwpp_cc_starts_month', $starts_month) . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('paypalwpp_cc_starts_year', $starts_year)),

in paypal_wpp.php.

My guess is it's not as simple as that but I just give it a shot and ask.

I saw these cards when I set up my SandBox account with PayPal (pretending to be a UK customer) and they are credit cards just like Visa/Master but require only 1 additional detail (i.e. the start date).

Thanks a lot!

Ken

Dynamo,

My client really wants to do away with the profiles. is there anyway to do this and not break your module? or at least fake it?

I doubt that there is, but I just wanted to check so I can give him a deffinative answer

Hi, Dynamo,

Another one from me (probably the last one, I hope):

I have read the I can accept GBP, CAD, etc. via Express Checkout:

Please see:

http://www.paypaldev.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_I...s=international

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum22/4914.htm

Of course, I understand I won't be able to take anything other than USD via the Credit Card route.

My question is:

How can I make Express Checkout accepting currencies according to the Currencies Infobox chosen by the customer? Right now, I:

Changed:

//As PayPal only accepts USD at this time, this conditional is useless, but written for when they start accepting other forms of currency
  switch (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_CURRENCY) {
  default:
	 $currency_id = 'USD';
	break;
  }

To:

//As PayPal only accepts USD at this time, this conditional is useless, but written for when they start accepting other forms of currency
  switch (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_CURRENCY) {
  default:
	 $currency_id = 'GBP';
	break;
  }

Then Express Checkout can do GBP successfully (I tested it out LIVE and I got GBP in my PayPal account). BUT I need to change the code 'GBP' to 'EUR' everytime a customer switch the currency from GBP to EUR in the Currency Infobox (which is of course, impossible for me to do.)

May I know how I can write a if statement to let $currency_id change according to whatever is showing in the Currency Infobox? I tried substituting:

$currency_id = 'GBP';

By:

if ($currency == 'EUR') {
	 $currency_id = 'EUR';
} elseif ($currency == 'GBP') {
	 $currency_id = 'GBP';
} elseif ($currency == 'CAD') {
	 $currency_id = 'CAD';
} else {
	 $currency_id = 'USD';
}

BUT it doesn't work. I got:

"Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

No response from the payment processor

No response was received from the payment processor. Please contact the store owner for assistance."

It works only when I change the GBP sign to EUR, CAD, AUS, etc. directly without the if statement structure.

Thanks again!

Ken

Very interesting, I didn't know EC could accept additional currencies. I'll update the module to add that functionality in the next day or two. I have a nice long TODO list now, so I'll try to get started on it today.

The reason it's not working above is it's basing the value off of the "Default Currency" value in the module's settings in the admin, not off of what the current currency the customer has selected.

Adding Solo/Maestro/Switch support isn't as easy as adding one line. Looking at the dev docs, there doesn't appear to be a field to accept the start date, so I don't know how they would expect the information to be transmitted.

Zigen, this module will work with PWA. I think SteveDallas successfully implemented it. I've also written a one-page checkout that still creates an account for the client, but combines all the steps and works fine with this module.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Very interesting, I didn't know EC could accept additional currencies. I'll update the module to add that functionality in the next day or two. I have a nice long TODO list now, so I'll try to get started on it today.

The reason it's not working above is it's basing the value off of the "Default Currency" value in the module's settings in the admin, not off of what the current currency the customer has selected.

Then you haven't been reading my posts. ;-) When people have asked about it, I have mentioned that EC works with any currency that PayPal supports. DP is USD only, though.

Adding Solo/Maestro/Switch support isn't as easy as adding one line. Looking at the dev docs, there doesn't appear to be a field to accept the start date, so I don't know how they would expect the information to be transmitted.

Maestro is the debit card brand of MasterCard International, for those who don't know. According to the Maestro Card web site, web support for it is mostly "coming soon". PayPal will have to enhance the DP API before these cards can be accepted. This would be a boon to me, as a significant part of my business comes from Europe, where this card is well established.

Zigen, this module will work with PWA. I think SteveDallas successfully implemented it. I've also written a one-page checkout that still creates an account for the client, but combines all the steps and works fine with this module.

I successfully implemented PWA 0.82 without much difficulty, but haven't looked at the latest version. There were a few points where both this module and PWA modified the same section of code, so you have to be careful when combining the two. I think it is possible to use one flag to indicate either PWA or EC, but I kept them separate.

--Glen

Hi im having some problems getting this module to work.

In the install readme it talks about getting the website payments pro sdk from paypal. what exactly is the pear module located within that needs to be installed and where does it go. I downloaded the php-sdk from paypal and put it in my site root under php-sdk. Do i have to put all the php-sdk in my pear directory where the other required pear modules are located, if not is there anything else i have to do?

With everything else all installed the module, pear module, etc when i try to do a test checkout, on the payment information page there is no payment module to put cc info into.

The only other contribution im using is the register_globals v1.4 I dont think this is interfering. I took out the ccgv stuff in the /includes/functions/general.php as it used globals.

thanks,

chris

line 324 Error

Read through all of the posts on this. Reinstalled OSCommerce (and repaired SSL settings), reinstalled PEAR, reentered all PayPal setting--still getting the 324 error. Got in touch with my Host about the setopt() problem and got this information:

curl 7.10.6 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6zlib/1.1.4

Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps

Features: IPv6 SSL libz NTLM [root@web16 root]# which curl/usr/bin/curl

The error code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setopt() in /hsphere/local/home/williera/crystalblueskies.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 324

When I click PayPal direct button or Checkout.

PLEASE HELP!!

The error code:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setopt() in /hsphere/local/home/williera/crystalblueskies.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 324

When I click PayPal direct button or Checkout.

PLEASE HELP!!

Cathleen,

There are several causes of this error:

1. Your Pear modules are not installed correctly. Get them from the links in the README.html document included with the contribution. Make sure that the timeout value in pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php is set higher than the default.

Change this line:

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 300;

2. The module configuration entry for the Pear modules isn't pointing to the right place. For your installation, it should be something like "/hsphere/local/home/williera/crystalblueskies.com/catalog/pear/", but may be slightly different, depending on where you installed the Pear modules.

3. Your PayPal API certificate isn't installed, or the module configuration entry isn't pointing to it. You need to download cert_key_pem.txt from PayPal and install it in "/hsphere/local/home/williera/crystalblueskies.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert" then set the API certificate entry to "/hsphere/local/home/williera/crystalblueskies.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt"

4. cURL support isn't compiled into PHP on your system.

Brian,

Feel free to adapt this text for the next update to the readme.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

One more problem

Glen, Ken, and all, thank you for your help with the line 324 error. I was having a carbon-based error. In all of my uninstall, reinstall frenzy, I deleted the PayPal API cert from its folder.

Now that I have solved that (AND discovered the difference between a PayPal login and API login by accident), I am no longer getting the line 324 error. HOORAY! :D

Now the bad news

When I test using the fake credit card number (without spaces!) in Sandbox mode, with the correct API login, etc., the card is declined. I don't get an error message except for the generic:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()

What SHOULD be happening at that point? I feel like I am getting closer to going live, but I'm not sure.

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED HELP!

Cathleen

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced clicking on the EC Logo, and then it tries to go to ec_process.php but it is just a plain white page? Nothing there.

It worked before I installed SSL, and everything else works. Only when tring EC, it goes to blank page.

Thanks for any insight, I appreciate the contribution!

~Mike

What SHOULD be happening at that point? I feel like I am getting closer to going live, but I'm not sure.

I discovered another carbon-based error (site owners did not select a payment module).

I'm going to write a list of "10 Most Important Lessons From Installing OSCommerce for a Client"

Thanks again.

Hi,

I am getting this error:

Warning: main(HTTP/Request.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/pear/') in /home/villiesc/public_html/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

What does this mean? And please advise how to correct it!

Thank you for your time!

Kim

Log Cabin Fever Gifts

Hi,

I am getting this error:

Warning: main(HTTP/Request.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/pear/') in /home/villiesc/public_html/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/WSDL.php on line 24

What does this mean? And please advise how to correct it!

Thank you for your time!

Kim

I THINK I have found my own answer, will post it in case anyone else needs it.

The "Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTTP/Request.php'" is just wrong (meaning I do not have that (request.php) as a file it is a folder containing Listener.php) , there is not a file named request.php in folder HTTP, I rewrote it as: HTTP/REQUEST/Listener.php and it worked.

If it causes a problem I will post it.

Thank you

Log Cabin Fever Gifts

This module is awesome! Easy install and it works great! I only seem to have one issue with it. After I installed it, the "click to enlarge" function on the pictures of the product no longer work. Your support is greatly appreciated!

This module is awesome! Easy install and it works great! I only seem to have one issue with it. After I installed it, the "click to enlarge" function on the pictures of the product no longer work. Your support is greatly appreciated!

I have figured out my error. Great module!

Thanks!

Hi, Dynamo,

I am testing WPP Express Checkout with one problem:

My site has GBP pound as the default currency, and customers can change to USD if they want to via the Currencies Infobox. When I checked out, I changed from GBP to USD via the Currency Infobox and then hit the Express Checkout button. The order confirmation page shows USD (US$83.37) as well. The transaction went through smoothly.

BUT... when I checked my business PayPal account via Sandbox, I realized that the amount I received is US$45.15! This 45.15 is exactly the equivalent amount in GBP!!!

I am not sure where I have done wrong. Everything in paypal_wpp.php is in USD according to the latest version 0.73.

Thank you!

Ken

Hi, Dynamo, another quick question:

Does the module automatically "masks" the credit card numbers entered by customers?

I can only see 4111xxxxxxxx1111 instead of the full number in my Admin/orders.php.

I think it's very good that it auto-masks out the middle 8 digits, but my concern is what if charge-back happens? Will PayPal demand the full number from me so that I have "proof" that the customer indeed makes the purchase (But then on the other hand I guess PayPal DOES have the FULL number since they processed it, rite)? I am not quite sure how it works....

Thank you very much!

Ken

Hi, Dynamo, another quick question:

Does the module automatically "masks" the credit card numbers entered by customers?

I can only see 4111xxxxxxxx1111 instead of the full number in my Admin/orders.php.

I think it's very good that it auto-masks out the middle 8 digits, but my concern is what if charge-back happens? Will PayPal demand the full number from me so that I have "proof" that the customer indeed makes the purchase (But then on the other hand I guess PayPal DOES have the FULL number since they processed it, rite)? I am not quite sure how it works....

Thank you very much!

Ken

Ken, how the number is stored in your database does not affect PayPal in any way. You are correct in assuming that PayPal has the number on file already - if the person does a chargeback it is handled completely through PayPal - the transaction is no longer linked to your store.

My clients have not finished setting up their PayPal account (which I did not find out until after setting up the store using this module and tried to test it). They are now leaning towards the PayPal Website Payments Standard instead of Pro. Will the store I set up still work? Can it be modified? Is there another module I can switch to (that accepts credit cards) and migrate the store if this will not work and if they insist on the Standard version?

Thanks

Cathleen

My clients have not finished setting up their PayPal account (which I did not find out until after setting up the store using this module and tried to test it). They are now leaning towards the PayPal Website Payments Standard instead of Pro. Will the store I set up still work? Can it be modified? Is there another module I can switch to (that accepts credit cards) and migrate the store if this will not work and if they insist on the Standard version?

Thanks

Cathleen

Cathleen,

Website Payments Standard requires the customer to go to the PayPal site to complete the checkout, even if they are using a credit card. Any of the PayPal IPN contributions would be suitable for that purpose. PayPal allows customers to check out without creating a PayPal account.

To accept credit cards directly from your (client's) store, you need either a payment gateway and merchant account (authorize.net is a popular option supported in osC) or Website Payments Pro and this contribution.

--Glen

:blush: First off i want to thank you for the contribution. Today I installed the latest release of WPP ... but I am having a problem.. when I choose to checkout and fill out creditcard info (using a fake cc) it declines my order... now when I use a real cc it takes the order and brings me to the confirmation and then success page.... The order is entered into Oscommerce but I do not see a payment in paypal...... I don't know what I'm doing wrong =\ Would appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

When looking at the orders i am noticing this in the Comments at the bottom

Transaction ID:

Payment Type: PayPal Direct Payment

Payment Status: Completed

AVS Code: Error

CVV2 Code: Error

if there is a AVS an CVV error why does it still complete the order??

Thanks!