• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Invision Board doesn't has the option to search a specific persons post either.

Actually, it does. Go to the person's profile and click the box near the top right corner. You can see the topics they've started and all of their posts.

-jared

My contribution doesn't touch the orders page or the orders table in the DB, so I don't know why this would be occuring. Make sure your orders table actually has orders in it. If there are none, something else erased them.

Then your host has disabled access to the curl_setopt() function. Ask them if that's the issue.

Add the code that I posted on page 43 and tell me how many emails you receive when doing a live transaction.

No, there are no IPN features. The only way my module would be billing a customer twice is if it ran, in its entirety, twice. I'm thinking this is a conflict with another contribution, but I'm waiting to hear responses about the code I pasted on page 43 (when used with a live transaction).

I think the amount is much higher now thanks to internationalization additions by SteveDallas, but it's still significantly lower than a traditional merchant account.

Use the checkout_payment page from 0.7 and see if that makes a difference.

Nope, no difference at all.

Hello,

I still get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setopt() in /home/yh0p2/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 324

- I cheked my pear directory, /home/yh0p2/public_html/pear/

- I called my host and they installed curl_setopt() for me.

running out of options.. *sigh*

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setopt()

I have verified that although curl_setopt exists, it is disabled by my web host. They will not allow me to utilize it.

Those of you who are successfully using this module: Are you hosting your own site or do you use a hosting provider? Who do you use? I have been sending a battery of emails to the sales depts of a lot of hosting companies, and they are saying no to curl_setopt.

Getting an error after upgrading to the latest version:

"There was a problem validating your account. Please try again" This ONLY happens when someone tries to use paypal express and are NOT logged into the system. If they are logged in everything work fine, even if the email addresses and mailing addresses are different from each other.

HELP!

Edited by MechBun

Getting an error after upgrading to the latest version:

"There was a problem validating your account. Please try again" This ONLY happens when someone tries to use paypal express and are NOT logged into the system. If they are logged in everything work fine, even if the email addresses and mailing addresses are different from each other.

HELP!

PS.. I tried implmenting the fixes I found in this thread, but then it stuck me at a point where checkout_payment gives you an error and asks you to please choose a payment method. (even though one is not available and EC should be chosen)

PS.. I tried implmenting the fixes I found in this thread, but then it stuck me at a point where checkout_payment gives you an error and asks you to please choose a payment method. (even though one is not available and EC should be chosen)

NEVERMIND!!! I missed an edit in checkout_payment!

- I called my host and they installed curl_setopt() for me.

They apparently didn't. *If* they actually did it, tell them to test the function themselves.

I have verified that although curl_setopt exists, it is disabled by my web host. They will not allow me to utilize it.

Those of you who are successfully using this module: Are you hosting your own site or do you use a hosting provider? Who do you use? I have been sending a battery of emails to the sales depts of a lot of hosting companies, and they are saying no to curl_setopt.

Without a doubt, Site5.com is the best hosting company I've ever used. I say that as nothing other than a satisfied customer who's gone through web hosts like pairs of underwear.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi Dynamo,

My orders are messed up. They are in the database, but they aren't listed in Administration Area > Orders (0 of 0 orders). They aren't even displayed in my previous orders under my account. It says 0 of 0 orders, and the pagination goes like: -4, -3, -2, -1, 0.

Any ideas about this?

Aha, vidication! It's happening to several others, even those who don't use my module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197451

Make sure your host didn't upgrade you to MySQL 5 without telling you.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Card Declined error & error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

I'm getting both of these errors when I try to use this module. When the dump email arrives it simply says: In function: ec_step1() for express checkout. The directpay error is as follows:

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment

Did first contact attempt return error? Nope

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------

------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

any ideas what this may have to do with? I've been at this for 7 hours today.

Hi all I appoligize in advance because these questions are possibly answered in the 43 pages of this thread but I didn't see them :huh:

Anyway does anyone know what the difference between the two WPP contributions are?

PayPal Website Payments Pro

or

PayPal Pro Direct Payments & Express Checkout

They have both been updated fairly recently.

Also I was wondering if you have to have your own SSL certificate or will a shared SSL Certificate work?

And lastly I was wondering if anyone has either of these contributions installed alongside of MVS?

Thank you for any help,

Stephanie :)

different authors, different features, different architectures. They're not the same at all.

-jared

Does one have advantages over the other?

What kinds of different features?

Is one more secure, or is the end result the same either way?

Thanks,

Steph :blink:

I'm hosted on PowWeb and as far I can tell they have curl running on their servers. Also I ran a "cur test" that I found somewhere and it confirms that curl is on the server.

<?php
if (function_exists('curl_exec')) {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
} else {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has <b>NOT</b> been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
}

echo $curl_message;
?>

I get this from the server info menu in osCommerce:

Configure Command

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php4' '--with-pear=/usr/local/lib/php' '--with-pspell' '--with-t1lib' '--with-mime-magic' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-versioning' '--with-mysql=/usr/local' '--with-enabled-local-infile' '--with-dbase' '--enable-ftp' '--with-openssl' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-shmop' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-zlib' '--enable-libgcc' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-gettext' '--with-curl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-mhash' '--with-zip' '--with-bz2' '--with-iconv' '--enable-exif' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx'

And this:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.1.4

I'm a little out of my league at this point so any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, so far, on the only server I've tried them, I haven't gotten either to work. Sorry.

-jared

Thanks,

Steph :blink:

pbreit's hasn't been updated since it was released (the two recent uploads add nothing to the code base), and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of anyone who has gotten it to work correctly. He disappeared shortly after releasing it and support is far and few between. It's not bad code as I took a look at his codebase a few weeks ago and will incorporate the biggest selling point of his - not requiring pear modules, but the support just isn't there and no one has taken the reigns to update his code.

Mine has gotten to a frighteningly stable state and if I'm not in here answering questions, Glen, Satish, Stew, or one of the other regulars usually is. If installed correctly and all of the prerequisites are installed, this will work right out of the box. The only problems I hear about anymore is a cause of someone not installing it correctly or not having all of the prerequisites installed. It is a bit more complex of an install than I would like, but I've done over a dozen installs for those who didn't want to even try, and I know that it will work with all sorts of other contributions installed without a problem.

And just a note on new features that I'm working on:

-Based on pbreit's module, I'm going to modify it so that pear modules are not required.

-Additional transaction methods will be added so that if cURL is not installed or limited, it will try using fsocketopen or maybe even file_put_contents.

I'm hosted on PowWeb and as far I can tell they have curl running on their servers. Also I ran a "cur test" that I found somewhere and it confirms that curl is on the server.

<?php
if (function_exists('curl_exec')) {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
} else {
$curl_message = '<br>cURL has <b>NOT</b> been <b>DETECTED</b> in your system';
}

echo $curl_message;
?>

I get this from the server info menu in osCommerce:

I'm a little out of my league at this point so any help is greatly appreciated.

In that case, it sounds like your host has disabled access to curl_setopt (which makes curl basically useless). Ask them if that's the case.

Well, so far, on the only server I've tried them, I haven't gotten either to work. Sorry.

-jared

If you haven't tried it lately (and still want to use WPP), the 0.7 branch is mighty stable. The earlier versions were very quirky, but the latest version is extremely well rounded.

By the way, I just took at look at your POS software (not inferring a pun in any way). Very slick! I have a customer who wants an order manager like that and I may end up buying yours and just building off of that (they need to be able to charge cards through the software and have some specific product search design requests).

Well, I've done more checking at PowWeb and have found that they have not dissabled access to curl_setopt as suggested. It looks like this isn't the issue. Any other ideas? I really have no idea what else I might need to do to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please help.. I have a new problem now and this one i definitly cannot fix. I have searched this forum and found mention of it, but no real cure. I am losing business and need a fix for it.

It only happens if a customer has never purchased from my store before or did not create an account with me. Once they actually create an account (or the system creates one for them and then log off and log back on) they can checkout using EC. Otherwise EC gives them this error as soon as they get back to checkout_payment.php and try to hit Continue.

"Please select a payment method for your order"

This error does not show up to the customer, but I can see it in the url box. no matter how often Continue is pressed it just stays on checkout_payment with the error in the url window.

I will be happy to post whatever code you think is relevant.

Edited by MechBun

Has anyone seen the following error

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Inactive Billing Agreement. (10501)

The transaction was refused because your billing agreement is inactive. Log into PayPal to check your billing agreement or contact customer service.

I thought that I have some problem with my PayPal Sandbox, but then I enabled the email on declined credit cards and got this:

Credit Card Information:

aaaa aaaaa

Visa

12/2009

For the amount of: 0.00

It looks like the price_total is not populated properly. I tried this on plain vanilla oscommerce code as well as my site - same simptoms

The dump shows the following:

[OrderTotal] => basicamounttype Object

(

[_elements] => Array

(

)

[_attributes] => Array

(

[currencyID] => Array

(

[name] => currencyID

[type] => ebl:CurrencyCodeType

[use] => required

)

)

[_attributeValues] => Array

(

[currencyID] => USD

)

[_namespace] => urn:ebay:apis:CoreComponentTypes

[_value] => 44.99

[_charset] => iso-8859-1

)

[itemTotal] =>

[shippingTotal] =>

[HandlingTotal] =>

[TaxTotal] =>

[OrderDescription] =>

[Custom] =>

[invoiceID] =>

[buttonSource] =>

[NotifyURL] =>

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Has anyone seen the following error

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Inactive Billing Agreement. (10501)

The transaction was refused because your billing agreement is inactive. Log into PayPal to check your billing agreement or contact customer service.

This means that you have not completed your Paypal account setup.

I thought that I have some problem with my PayPal Sandbox, but then I enabled the email on declined credit cards and got this:

Credit Card Information:

aaaa aaaaa

Visa

12/2009

For the amount of: 0.00

It looks like the price_total is not populated properly. I tried this on plain vanilla oscommerce code as well as my site - same simptoms

The email that's sent to you has no effect on the amount sent to paypal. The wrong total value should've been fixed in 0.7.3. If you're not using the latest, I suggest upgrading. If you are using the latest version, I'll need to look into the code and figure out what's going on.

Edited by dynamoeffects

I'm very new at osCommerce, and pretty new at web design all together. I have an online store that accepts PayPal transactions. When my customers check out, they put all of their original information into osCommerce, and then when they get fowarded to the PayPal, they are asked for all of their information again.

I've seen it done, so there must be a way to get osCommerce to foward all of this info to the PayPal Portal. Couldn't find anything searching this site, so maybe somone could walk me through it or send me a link for some place that can!

I tried installing the IPN (even though I don't know what it actually is), but it didn't seem to correct the problem! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks for the help! You guys are amazing!

...who's gone through web hosts like pairs of underwear.
:lol: That is funnier and more relevant than you know...

Well, after much interviewing, I have settled on a new host. They said "You will also be able to use curl_setopt() in your php pages... However you would have to let our technical department know the port which you would like opened and they will be delighted to assist you with it."

Ahh... Delighted! How nice. Anyways, what should I tell them?