• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

so, your saying that the contrib would need recoded to implement Integration Point 2 to get things flowing how one would expect them to? Im guessing this would eliminate a couple errors, such as the one im having?

Well I certainly dont have the ability to do such, so I guess it doesnt really matter in the long run. Maybe down the road somebody will work it out. Id just like to get the couple small bugs worked out of the contrib as it is now so that I can go live with it :)

Does anyone have this module working properly with Credit Class and Gift Voucher (CCGV) (or vice-versa; does anyone have CCGV working properly with this module)?

No matter what I have tried to change the total passed to PayPal is the total before the coupon is applied rather than the total after the coupon is applied - for credit card direct payment at least - haven't tried with EC yet but would assume they both use the same method to pass the total to be charged to PayPal.

The order data in the order in the Admin shows the discount but the customer is charged by PayPal the full amount, without the discount for redeeming the coupon.

A reference in this thread that said to set verified accounts and confirmed address to off has already been done (and were never on anyways).

In the CCGV thread the only answer that even comes close applies to the PayPal IPN module and states to "set the Shopping Cart Method to Aggregate and NOT itemised".

I installed CCGV after this module so I did not have the problem with PayPal IPN.

(I was using the PayPal IPN before this module arrived like manna from heaven but do not currently have it enabled).

If anyone has any tips I certainly would appreciate it.

I have a very similar problem. I am using a quantity discount module (order X number of products and get a % discount). However, the full amount gets passed to paypal on checkout. I cannot figure it out. The contrib is passing $order->info['total'] to paypal, which should have the discount applied, but it doesn't. Has anyone else gotten past this problem?

Thanks.

-----------------

Sean Johnson

I have a very similar problem. I am using a quantity discount module (order X number of products and get a % discount). However, the full amount gets passed to paypal on checkout. I cannot figure it out. The contrib is passing $order->info['total'] to paypal, which should have the discount applied, but it doesn't. Has anyone else gotten past this problem?

Thanks.

I can get the proper amount to pass to PayPal by inserting the code between //ADD FOR CCGV START and //ADD FOR CCGV END into includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

function before_process() {
  global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $order, $paypal_ec_token, $paypal_ec_payer_id, $paypal_ec_payer_info;
  include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'cc_validation.php');

// ADD FOR CCGV START
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;
$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
$order_total_modules->apply_credit();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();
//ADD FOR CCGV END

$caller = $this->paypal_init();
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {
	//Do EC checkout

The correct total after the coupon discount is now passed to PayPal and the payment transaction is completed (my debit card is charged and the funds go into my PayPal account) and the coupon is cleared as used but I get the following error on checkout_process.php once the transaction has completed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total in /server_path_truncated/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13

I sort of took the code from a contribution for CCGV and haphazardly applied it as above

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...2/download,7257

No matter what my feeble non-coder mind can come up with to try I cannot get past the error.

At least the corrected total is passed... I hope this gives someone with more skill than I a place to start.

Good lord, I have created a monster.

Is this normal, and if not then where is the code that controls this? I've been monkeying, but I should have only changed textual information and where certain things are displayed on the two pages (shipping and payment).

Also, if they hit the back button after clicking on the EC button from the payment page, then the page they see has no payment options to choose from. Damn back button.

Hey Stew,

Yes, they are sent back to the shipping page for the simple reason that they have the ability to choose a different address at PayPal, so shipping has to be recalculated (assuming the store owner is using the UPS/USPS/FedEx module). Perhaps comparing the zip codes before and after could avoid that problem, but I think I'd just end up with store owners saying, "They come back to our site and their shipping price is waaaay too low!"

The bug you describe is the same bug that was described in a previous version, but on the checkout shipping page. I forgot to apply the same change when I added the express checkout button on the payment page.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hey Stew,

Yes, they are sent back to the shipping page for the simple reason that they have the ability to choose a different address at PayPal, so shipping has to be recalculated (assuming the store owner is using the UPS/USPS/FedEx module). Perhaps comparing the zip codes before and after could avoid that problem, but I think I'd just end up with store owners saying, "They come back to our site and their shipping price is waaaay too low!"

The bug you describe is the same bug that was described in a previous version, but on the checkout shipping page. I forgot to apply the same change when I added the express checkout button on the payment page.

Ahh, the wheels slowly begin to turn.

Would this be what I'm looking for:

if ($ec_enabled) {
if (isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) {
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_temp')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_temp');
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_token');
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_id');
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) tep_session_unregister('paypal_ec_payer_info');
}

$show_payment_page = false;

$config_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE' LIMIT 1");
if (tep_db_num_rows($config_query) > 0) {
  $config_result = tep_db_fetch_array($config_query);
  if ($config_result['configuration_value'] == 'Yes') {
	$show_payment_page = true;
  }
}

$ec_checkout = true;
if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) { 
  $ec_checkout = false;
  $show_payment_page = true;
} else {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');
  $payment = 'paypal_wpp';
}
 }

Gotcha on the shipping page thing- especially if some customers figured out that you could get lower shipping rates that way.

This monster has big nasty teeth!

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I getting closer... I know it, I can feel it. But I'm getting this error, and I don't know where to begin..

It could be timing out, check the timeout settings in your /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php file.

Modify line 62 from

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 120

Also it could be the location of your API certificate, make sure the address is an absolute path.

Finally, PayPal's website might be down or your site might be slow, sometimes I see this if my site is sluggish.

Edited by djmonkey1

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hey Stew,

Actually, you can set the address override flag when you send an address to PayPal, so they can't change it. That way, they'd have to go back to checkout_shipping.php to make a change to the shipping address. I think this would be the preferred solution if they chose PayPal from checkout_payment.php. That way, you wouldn't have to send them back to checkout_shipping.php; they would always go to checkout_confirmation.php. See page 55 of the WPP integration guide.

Stew, try this (untested, don't have time to work on it now) -- In checkout_payment.php, around line 207, change this line:

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//-- ?>

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//-- ?>

to this:

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Stew, try this (untested, don't have time to work on it now) -- In checkout_payment.php, around line 207, change this line:

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

to this:

<?php if (!$ec_enabled || isset($_GET['ec_cancel']) || (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info'))) { ?>

No, but thanks for playing! What happens with that code is that the page starts off in the display-nothing mode, like it is when you hit back from PayPal.

I can get the proper amount to pass to PayPal by inserting the code between //ADD FOR CCGV START and //ADD FOR CCGV END into includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

function before_process() {
  global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $order, $paypal_ec_token, $paypal_ec_payer_id, $paypal_ec_payer_info;
  include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'cc_validation.php');

// ADD FOR CCGV START
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
$order_total_modules->apply_credit();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
//ADD FOR CCGV END

$caller = $this->paypal_init();
  if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {
	//Do EC checkout

The correct total after the coupon discount is now passed to PayPal and the payment transaction is completed (my debit card is charged and the funds go into my PayPal account) and the coupon is cleared as used but I get the following error on checkout_process.php once the transaction has completed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total in /server_path_truncated/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13

I sort of took the code from a contribution for CCGV and haphazardly applied it as above

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...2/download,7257

No matter what my feeble non-coder mind can come up with to try I cannot get past the error.

At least the corrected total is passed... I hope this gives someone with more skill than I a place to start.

The way I eventually got this working was to change checkout_process.php. The before_process of the payment modules was being called before calling the order totals modules. I don't think this should cause any side effects, but if anyone else sees a problem with this, feel free to chime in.

In checkout_process.php, change:

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

to:

Sean

-----------------

Sean Johnson

The way I eventually got this working was to change checkout_process.php. The before_process of the payment modules was being called before calling the order totals modules. I don't think this should cause any side effects, but if anyone else sees a problem with this, feel free to chime in.

In checkout_process.php, change:

to:

Sean

Sean,

That worked!

The coupon is applied, there is no error and the correct total is passed to PayPal. Excellent.

I also managed to get this WPP module, the CCGV modules and Separate Pricing Per Customer (with the hide products from customer groups mod) all working together with a simple edit of the shopping cart class.

Somewhere along the line (well before your mod above) though I introduced an error that says "Please select a payment method for your order." Intead of the "You have redeemded your coupon" message.

It seems that the Redeem button functions the same as the Continue button - the coupon gets applied but instead of saying it has been redeemed the error that no payment method is selected shows up.

Something esle to figure out...

Hi I have installed this wonderful contribution. I got the direct checkout to work and it works great!! I do have a problem when I use the express checkout. I am using the sandbox and I created a test account. Every time I use it I get the following error :

An error occured when we tried to process your credit card.

A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed. (10736)

The city and address do match but it just won't work. So I created another test account on the sandbox to test it with and it also would not work. The City/zip code/state match but it still gives me the error. If anyone could Help I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

Edited by compwhizmm90

Dynamo, I just wanted to thank you so much! I have not posted on this thread but have been reading it for days now. When it comes to php stuff, I literally have no idea what I'm doing, so I have a friend of mine that does my php for me. She has been super busy lately and I had several problems with this contribution working properly. Just going through and reading all of the posts, I was able to fix it myself! So, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your help! You helped me without even realizing you were, LOL!!

Thanks!

Morgan

www.staticmoon.com

Thank you for contributing this wonderful module!!!

I read the posts here but nobody reported problem that I encountered - I don't know if I'm doing something wrong since I followed the instructions for installation.

Here is my error - that shows up at the top of the pages of my site - it appeared right after I installed the module:

/---PayPal WPP Modification START---// define('FILENAME_EC_PROCESS', 'ec_process.php'); define('FILENAME_PAYPAL_WPP', 'paypal_wpp.php'); //---PayPal WPP Modification END---// ?> //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---// function tep_paypal_wpp_enabled() { $paypal_wpp_check = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_id FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_STATUS' AND configuration_value = 'True'"); if (tep_db_num_rows($paypal_wpp_check)) { return true; } else { return false; } } //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---// ?>

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/givef2/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:68) in /home/givef2/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/givef2/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:68) in /home/givef2/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Thank you,

Basia

You didn't edit one of the files correct. Looks like you might have forgotten a leading <? ,but without knowing what page you're seeing it on, I couldn't tell you which one you didn't edit correctly.

Edit: I take that back. Looks like you didn't edit the include/filename.php and includes/functions/general.php files correctly.

Edited by dynamoeffects

You didn't edit one of the files correct. Looks like you might have forgotten a leading <? ,but without knowing what page you're seeing it on, I couldn't tell you which one you didn't edit correctly.

Edit: I take that back. Looks like you didn't edit the include/filename.php and includes/functions/general.php files correctly.

Thank you for responding to my post. I actually overwrote all the files with yours - I didn't do it manually.

Nevertheless I overwrote them again and the error disappeared.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply and for this great module.

Basia

the one previous error I reported:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/mydomain/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 43

is apparently related to no country code being set/provided/whatever when the customer returns from the paypal site. Anybody have a work around, even temporary? Maybe hardcoding a given country id for paypal checkout users?

Anybody have an idea for a fix for this? Id be happy if it would return the country code for US everytime if it would eliminate this error. I cant go live with this error :(

Sean,

That worked!

The coupon is applied, there is no error and the correct total is passed to PayPal. Excellent.

I also managed to get this WPP module, the CCGV modules and Separate Pricing Per Customer (with the hide products from customer groups mod) all working together with a simple edit of the shopping cart class.

Somewhere along the line (well before your mod above) though I introduced an error that says "Please select a payment method for your order." Intead of the "You have redeemded your coupon" message.

It seems that the Redeem button functions the same as the Continue button - the coupon gets applied but instead of saying it has been redeemed the error that no payment method is selected shows up.

Something esle to figure out...

Sean et al,

Well, it seems I spoke too soon (though I figured it out, I think).

CCGV coupons worked fine for WPP Direct Checkout using credit cards but for WPP Express Checkout using PayPal account payments the following error was displayed in the pretty red box:

----------------

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts. (10413)

----------------

First - it seems odd that the error would say "credit card" for an EC error.

Second - it seemed that the module sends EC payment details as an aggregate total as well as item total and if the total of the items does not match the aggregate total some routine at PayPal assumes attempted fraud.

At https://ppmts.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ppdts.cf...php?p_faqid=185 (and in the PayPal WPP Integration Guide) I found that error 10413 is specified as:

10413 The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts

The sum of your currency values must equal the value of OrderTotal:

* ItemTotal

* ShippingTotal

* HandlingTotal

* TaxTotal

The solution listed in the PayPal WPP Integration Guide is:

If you include any of the following

element values with

DoExpressCheckoutPaymentt, the

sum of their values must equal the value

of OrderTotal.

ItemTotal

ShippingTotal

HandlingTotal

TaxTotal

If you get this error, research why it

might have occurred and modify your

implementation of Express Checkout to

ensure proper addition of the values

So... I edited catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php as follows:

$order_total =& Services_PayPal::getType('BasicAmountType');
	$order_total->setval(number_format($order->info['total'], 2));
	$order_total->setattr('currencyID', $order->info['currency']);
	$pdt->setOrderTotal($order_total);

/*Start comment out portion to not send ItemTotal,ShippingTotal & TaxTotal to PayPal via EC - CCGV Coupon Redeem

$item_total =& Services_PayPal::getType('BasicAmountType');
	$item_total->setval(number_format($order->info['subtotal'], 2));
	$item_total->setattr('currencyID', $order->info['currency']);
	$pdt->setItemTotal($item_total);

$ship_total =& Services_PayPal::getType('BasicAmountType');
	$ship_total->setval(number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'], 2));
	$ship_total->setattr('currencyID', $order->info['currency']);
	$pdt->setShippingTotal($ship_total);

$tax_total =& Services_PayPal::getType('BasicAmountType');
	$tax_total->setval(number_format($order->info['tax'], 2));
	$tax_total->setattr('currencyID', $order->info['currency']);
	$pdt->setTaxTotal($tax_total);

End comment out portion to not send ItemTotal,ShippingTotal & TaxTotal to PayPal via EC - CCGV Coupon Redeem*/

$details =& Services_PayPal::getType('DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestDetailsType');
	$details->setPaymentAction('Sale');
	$details->setToken($paypal_ec_token);
	$details->setPayerID($paypal_ec_payer_id);
	$details->setPaymentDetails($pdt);

And now PayPal EC works fine - customer presses the button, gos to PayPal to log in and set shipping address, returns to my site, enters the coupon code, confirms the order and the proper coupon amount is charged via PayPal then the customer is greeted with the success page.

My question is - Is this a good way to do this?

I use flat rate shipping - orders over $25.00 get it free, orders under $25.00 pay $4.95.

I don't implement taxes anywhere.

BFC

Edited by bfcase

Hi I have installed this wonderful contribution. I got the direct checkout to work and it works great!! I do have a problem when I use the express checkout. I am using the sandbox and I created a test account. Every time I use it I get the following error :

A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed. (10736)

The city and address do match but it just won't work. So I created another test account on the sandbox to test it with and it also would not work. The City/zip code/state match but it still gives me the error. If anyone could Help I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

Does Anyone know how to fix this? I have tried for a long time and cannot figure it out. Thanks!!!!!!!

Hello all,

I've been having some problems with PayPal getting back to my site.

Everything is going awesome up until the payment is done in Paypal and it needs to get back to my site through the EC. Here is where PayPal is redirected after that point:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/e...D=Y4SLCRAXEPDVJ

As you can see, it's suppose to go back to the ec_process.php page, but it's not getting the actual root URL on it.

Can anybody please tell me how I can get PayPal to get back to my site using my full URL?

Sorry guys, I really haven't had any time to work on this lately.

Sid, as for your problem, it should be changed to refuse checkout if the customer doesn't have a complete address. Do you really want to be charging people money without a complete address to ship their items to? The reason you see that error is because there are no checks of the returned shipping address and one of the fields being empty is causing the error.

For a temporary fix so you don't see that error, go into /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and edit lines 488-519 like this:

$order->customer['company'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info['payer_business'] . ' ';

Adding that . ' ' at the end *should* fix the problem.

-------------------------------------------

Izzmo, your configure.php file is probably pooched. Check it and make sure all the values are correct.

-------------------------------------------

Compwizz, what is the city, state, and zipcode you're using?

Sid, as for your problem, it should be changed to refuse checkout if the customer doesn't have a complete address. Do you really want to be charging people money without a complete address to ship their items to? The reason you see that error is because there are no checks of the returned shipping address and one of the fields being empty is causing the error.

For a temporary fix so you don't see that error, go into /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and edit lines 488-519 like this:

$order->customer['company'] = $paypal_ec_payer_info['payer_business'] . ' ';

Adding that . ' ' at the end *should* fix the problem.

As far as I can tell, the customers address IS complete in paypal. Im still using sandbox so the 'customer' is me.....I set the address to the account im using and everything seems legit to me. What part of the address would be the problem?

Thanks