• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

This is interesting.

I was happy that at least one could check out via paypal accounts.

I started the process of cleaning up the data base getting rid of the old junk sample data to start the addition of real data. I started with the Orders pending delivered etc. after deleting the orders I have now broken the checkout system. If i go to admin and look at say pending oders I would expect a blank screen Now I get a Mysql error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and s.orders_status_id = '2' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

payments still process through to paypal but when you are returned back into the payment process and an error that the credit card was declined even though it was a paypal account transfer. paypal email says the money was sent.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and s.orders_status_id = '2' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

payments still process through to paypal but when you are returned back into the payment process and an error that the credit card was declined even though it was a paypal account transfer. paypal email says the money was sent.

Newer versions of PHP don't allow a negative limit. That's what's causing your SQL error.

Turn off the verified and confirmed address checks in the module's admin.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

hello, I just test the module. have an error in the create-account.php

1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT()...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

select count(*) as total, customers_id as id, customers_paypal_ec as ec from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT()...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause

select count(*) as total, customers_id as id, customers_paypal_ec as ec from customers where customers_email_address = '[email protected]'

[TEP STOP]

I have installed the module and I think I did a mistake not able to connect to paypal.

(Modul 0.3)

I have a connection to Paypal. it can first lie still. Yes, it rather looks after unite MYSQL errors.

Workin on this still getting

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

when I chedk express checkout. Not sure why.

Workin on this still getting

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

when I chedk express checkout. Not sure why.

Before I go round in circles with paypals website.

For those who are connected and running any hints on the what to set at Paypal.

My URL is http://www.mydomain.com/

SSL URL is https://secure.mydomain.com/

Profile settings are

Instant Payment Notification Preferences

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: https://secure.mydomain.com/checkout_process.php

Website Payment Preferences

Auto Return:

On

https://secure.macclick.com/checkout_success.php

Yesterday it was looping with .2 I could not figure it out. It was connecting. I reinstalled .2 hours ago and was unable to connect. when I got the email that .3 was out I put the files in and I have the same error as above.

Hense I think it may be something I have done on the Paypal site settings.

Yeah, I could swear I included the 0.2 patch, but apparently didn't. Download the 0.2 patch or download version 0.4 that I just uploaded.

paccoral, you didn't set the path to your pear files or the path to your certificate is incorrect.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Yeah, I could swear I included the 0.2 patch, but apparently didn't. Download the 0.2 patch or download version 0.4 that I just uploaded.

paccoral, you didn't set the path to your pear files or the path to your certificate is incorrect.

Thanks

It was too many hours working yesterday. I will check the pear path again.

Howdy! Dynamoeffects, you did an excellent job!! :thumbsup: Got it installed and working in about 1/2 hour (yeah, I know, I'm a little slow). My only question is this: What is the file that has the wording "This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order." and also "PayPal Direct Payment"?

The point of our Direct Payment module is to allow a seamless transaction process for the customer. The buyer is not supposed to be made aware that the transaction is being processed through PayPal. We (PayPal) do not provide buyer support for WPP. As far as the buyer knows, the transaction was processed through your own credit card processor.

BTW, Dynamoeffects, if you want to reach me directly, send me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks!

~Mike~

Edited by Johnson

Howdy! Dynamoeffects, you did an excellent job!! :thumbsup: Got it installed and working in about 1/2 hour (yeah, I know, I'm a little slow). My only question is this: What is the file that has the wording "This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order." and also "PayPal Direct Payment"?

The point of our Direct Payment module is to allow a seamless transaction process for the customer. The buyer is not supposed to be made aware that the transaction is being processed through PayPal. We (PayPal) do not provide buyer support for WPP. As far as the buyer knows, the transaction was processed through your own credit card processor.

BTW, Dynamoeffects, if you want to reach me directly, send me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks!

~Mike~

PayPal Tech Support Agent

Mike-

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.');

is from catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php. It's a language definition file that includes statements that will appear on checkout_payment.php in certain situations. That particular statement will only appear if there is only one payment module enabled, and therefore is the only payment method available.

The file catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php that Brian included with v0.4 is identical to the stock osCommerce file.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Thanks

It was too many hours working yesterday. I will check the pear path again.

Pear is where it belongs. Not sure it this is an issue. We do business in the US Malaysia as well as other countries. I am trying to install this so that our site in malaysia and the US all process the same way. The Malaysian side has special prices that have to be according to Apple Malaysia in suggested Retail Price for the market.

So my question is I have checked the box check out in USD in the module that is fine. I have the Primary denomination in RM. I also have USD active.

Does this mean that what ever the RM number is then calculated to USD based on the currency exchange system before sending to PayPal.

If not I will look how it does this via a script I worked on that modified this for eShox. We are moving away from eshox for many reasons mostly as a lack of the basic feature of being able to check out and the sales show up.

Also which file should need to be modified to cover this. The awkward bit of us having to sites malaysia and US is a pain

Mike-

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.');

is from catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php. It's a language definition file that includes statements that will appear on checkout_payment.php in certain situations. That particular statement will only appear if there is only one payment module enabled, and therefore is the only payment method available.

The file catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php that Brian included with v0.4 is identical to the stock osCommerce file.

Thanks djmonkey1! Just so happens I found that right before I read your post. Now, if I could just find the file with the wording "PayPal Direct Payment", I'll be thrilled! All I want to do is change "PayPal Direct Payment" to "Credit Card Payment"

Thanks!

~Mike~

Thanks djmonkey1! Just so happens I found that right before I read your post. Now, if I could just find the file with the wording "PayPal Direct Payment", I'll be thrilled! All I want to do is change "PayPal Direct Payment" to "Credit Card Payment"

Thanks!

~Mike~

Found it. It was under /public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Thanks again Dynamoeffects and everyone else that put this together! It really is a great module! I've been telling people about osCommerce for some time now, and this really just tops the cake!

~Mike~

Thanks, glad it's working like it should.

djmonkey's correct, the checkout_payment.php language file I included is stock. I had made changes to it, then deleted them without removing the file. Ah well, no biggie.

I'm having a problem with processing credit cards through paypal. I did a test purchase for $.01 on my card, and it came up with an error that said

"Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

()"

But, it charged the card. And didnt show up as an order in admin.

Any idea what is cousing this?

Thanks in advance!

EastCoast:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=726932

To add to that: Follow what I said to do there and post the reply that you get. As far as I can tell, PayPal's sending a "Success" message, but it's saying that the card's declined. Maybe it's sending a success message, but the error return isn't NULL causing it to think there's an error.

EastCoast:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=726932

To add to that: Follow what I said to do there and post the reply that you get. As far as I can tell, PayPal's sending a "Success" message, but it's saying that the card's declined. Maybe it's sending a success message, but the error return isn't NULL causing it to think there's an error.

Ok, well i turned off varfied acounts and confirmed addresses, but now i'm getting a new error

"Error Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

The transaction was refused. (10752)"

And now it's not charging the card.

Sorry to be a pain!

Ok, well i turned off varfied acounts and confirmed addresses, but now i'm getting a new error

The transaction was refused. (10752)"

And now it's not charging the card.

Sorry to be a pain!

Disregard that. i was using the wrong billing address.

But it's still doing the same thing as before

Edited by EastCoast

I'm having a problem with processing credit cards through paypal. I did a test purchase for $.01 on my card, and it came up with an error that said

()"

But, it charged the card. And didnt show up as an order in admin.

Any idea what is cousing this?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same thing happen - credit card was charged but error message presented, no order recorded in osCommerce db.

In /catalog/pear/Services/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php setting var $timeout = 60; (it was $timeout = 4; if I remember correctly) cured that error for me.

Now almost everything is working just fine - several orders have been processed and recorded for credit / debit cards as well as PayPal Express.

For some reason, and maybe they aren't supposed to be there at all; but in the Admin/Customers/Orders no information other than "Payment Type: PayPal" and "Payment Status: Completed" is in the comments section for credit card orders. There is no Transaction ID, AVS Code or CVV2 Code. The Transaction ID at least would be nice to record in the order. Shouldn't the "Payment Type:" be credit / debit or similair nomenclature rather than "PayPal"?

PayPal Express orders do denote "Transaction ID: 1X23456789012345Y", "Payment Type: PayPal" and "Payment Status: Completed"

Also - should osCommerce be passing the shipping address to PayPal - when I look up a credit or debit transaction in my PayPal account the shipping address says "No Address Provided".

PayPal Express transactions do have the shipping address denoted in the transaction record in my PayPal account.

if anyone can educate me about the above anomolies, genuine or imagined as they may be, please do so...

All in all I am more than pleased with this contribution and had only to perform minor tweaking on it and other files to install it and get it working; mostly to get it to play well with other modifications I have installed.

Excellent work Brian. Thanks!

I meant add the die(var_dump()) code and post to private message me what it dumps.

Ok. i changed the timeout in http.php to 60 and that fixed it.

Thanks for the help dyna & bfcase, you guys are a big help!

For some reason, and maybe they aren't supposed to be there at all; but in the Admin/Customers/Orders no information other than "Payment Type: PayPal" and "Payment Status: Completed" is in the comments section for credit card orders. There is no Transaction ID, AVS Code or CVV2 Code. The Transaction ID at least would be nice to record in the order. Shouldn't the "Payment Type:" be credit / debit or similair nomenclature rather than "PayPal"?

PayPal Express orders do denote "Transaction ID: 1X23456789012345Y", "Payment Type: PayPal" and "Payment Status: Completed"

Interesting. It should be the other way around. I'll take a look at the code a little later.

Also - should osCommerce be passing the shipping address to PayPal - when I look up a credit or debit transaction in my PayPal account the shipping address says "No Address Provided".

For express checkout, the shipping address is sent from PayPal. For Direct Payment, nothing other than the order total is sent to paypal, which is probably why you get that error. Not really anything worth taking the time to add.

Excellent work Brian. Thanks!

You're welcome. Hope it doesn't give you much trouble.