• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

This contrib doesn't push through orders...

Yep, they are in the db but not showing up because the orders_total info is required for the join clause to pick up an order.

I didn't think it was this contrib but just wanted to make sure... plus I saw where you had similar order issues in the past.

-bh

Thanks Satish. When I went into the paypal account I realized that I hadn't accepted the $20.00 per month contract. Now Direct Payment is enabled but I still get the credit card declined error.

Is it true that Paypal has issues with direct payments that use a credit card/e-mail that already is attached to a paypal account?

Yes Paypal has issues when you want to use DP

1)YOu need to have signed the VT agreement ( You did that )

2)To accept CC card you need to select optional payment as on in website payment preference

3)It takes around 72 hrs for your site to atart accepting payment after you signed the agreement.

4)There are some cases where biling address first name and last name should match to the one you sent.

5)Need of Curl

6)Need of Pear

7)Your site to have SSL

are the issues.

The best way is first test theu sandbox and then go live.

As in sandbox the dp goes live immediately after you have signed for VT.

Also there is no actual money transaction so you can thoroughly test.

Hope the above helps

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

This is a great module - thanks to everyone for all the hard work on this.

A few problems for me:

1) When I use my credit card in Sandbox, it goes through without a problem. But when I use my credit card live, I get an error saying my credit card was rejected. But my card was still charged and my Paypal account received the money. This is a pretty significant problem, for obvious reasons - customers will get awfully upset about this.

2) I use the 'member discount' option to give 10% off to all members of my organization. It doesn't seem to work with this module - the discount shows up at checkout, but is not transferred to PayPal. Using PayPal IPN, I had this problem, and had to switch the transaction type from individual to aggregate, but there is no option for that in this module.

Any thoughts on these two issues?

Thanks, Josh

Hi

My oscommerce installation has BTS and Combined Shipping and Payment page contributions installed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to install your payment module along with these contributions?

Also will just copying pear files work? Wouldn't it be better to only copy those with the timeout part altered?

Thank you,

Edited by theflash

1) When I use my credit card in Sandbox, it goes through without a problem. But when I use my credit card live, I get an error saying my credit card was rejected. But my card was still charged and my Paypal account received the money. This is a pretty significant problem, for obvious reasons - customers will get awfully upset about this.

It'll display that message if your server receives anything other than 'Success' in reply. If you want to be my guinea pig, try this:

Open up /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Go down to about line 830 and change this line:

if ($final_req->Ack != 'Success') {

$this->away_with_you(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DECLINED . $final_req->Errors->LongMessage . ' (' . $final_req->Errors->ErrorCode . ')', false, true);

}

to this:

if ($final_req->Ack != 'Success' && $final_req->Ack != 'SuccessWithWarning') {

$this->away_with_you(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DECLINED . $final_req->Errors->LongMessage . ' (' . $final_req->Errors->ErrorCode . ')', false, true);

}

And tell me what happens.

2) I use the 'member discount' option to give 10% off to all members of my organization. It doesn't seem to work with this module - the discount shows up at checkout, but is not transferred to PayPal.

The amount sent to PayPal is what is returned from $order->total, which should be the price after all contributions have modified however they're going to modify it. It doesn't try to recalculate prices or anything. It just takes that value and sends it to paypal.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi

My oscommerce installation has BTS and Combined Shipping and Payment page contributions installed.

Does anyone know if it is possible to install your payment module along with these contributions?

Also will just copying pear files work? Wouldn't it be better to only copy those with the timeout part altered?

Thank you,

If your pear installed has all the files then there is no reason to upload the pearjust checnge the time limit.

If htere is a template system like BTS used then with some tweaking around it should go through.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi

It should be fine with BTS, but the combined shipping and payment pages will cause a problem. It's on the TODO to allow the user to specify the location of those pages, so for people like yourself, you can tell it that they are one in the same.

Also will just copying pear files work?

Yes, just copy them somewhere onto your server and set the path in the module's admin section.

Wouldn't it be better to only copy those with the timeout part altered?

Depends. Do you have them all installed? Did you download the SDK and install the pear module contained within? If so, just open the one file I mentioned and edit it by hand.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

It'll display that message if your server receives anything other than 'Success' in reply. If you want to be my guinea pig, try this:

Open up /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

Go down to about line 830 and change this line:

if ($final_req->Ack != 'Success') {

}

to this:

}

And tell me what happens.

I made the change but no luck. I'm still getting the error message, "Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info." It returns me to the Payment Information screen, and the order isn't pushed through, but my credit card is being charged. Any other thoughts?

Hopefully we'll figure this out before you run out of money. :)

Right above the line you edited above:

put this:

die(var_dump($final_req));

Then go through another checkout. After the confirmation page, it'll die dumping a bunch of text to the screen. Look near the bottom for sentences and error codes. Tell me what error codes and messages it returns.

Also, in the module's admin section, turn off the "verified" and "confirmed address" requirements. That might also be causing your problem.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Hopefully we'll figure this out before you run out of money. :)

Right above the line you edited above:

put this:

die(var_dump($final_req));

Then go through another checkout. After the confirmation page, it'll die dumping a bunch of text to the screen. Look near the bottom for sentences and error codes. Tell me what error codes and messages it returns.

Also, in the module's admin section, turn off the "verified" and "confirmed address" requirements. That might also be causing your problem.

Dynamo - thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate this.

OK, I added the dump code to the file and went through another checkout. My card was charged, the money was put in my PayPal account, but the order didn't show up in OSCommerce (and i'm assuming i would have gotten an error had it not died/dumped).

This is the dump I got (I'm not sure what you're looking for, so I figure I'll just past the whole thing here).

object(dodirectpaymentresponsetype)(14) { ["Amount"]=> object(basicamounttype)(6) { ["_elements"]=> array(0) { } ["_attributes"]=> array(1) { ["currencyID"]=> array(3) { ["name"]=> string(10) "currencyID" ["type"]=> string(20) "ebl:CurrencyCodeType" ["use"]=> string(8) "required" } } ["_attributeValues"]=> array(1) { ["currencyID"]=> string(3) "USD" } ["_namespace"]=> string(32) "urn:ebay:apis:CoreComponentTypes" ["_value"]=> string(4) "1.00" ["_charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["AVSCode"]=> string(1) "Y" ["CVV2Code"]=> string(1) "M" ["TransactionID"]=> string(17) "2W268669K0498283K" ["_elements"]=> array(10) { ["Timestamp"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(false) ["type"]=> string(8) "dateTime" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["Ack"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(11) "AckCodeType" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["CorrelationID"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(false) ["type"]=> string(6) "string" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["Errors"]=> array(3) { ["required"]=> bool(false) ["type"]=> string(9) "ErrorType" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" } ["Version"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(6) "string" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["Build"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(6) "string" ["namespace"]=> string(31) "urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["Amount"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(15) "BasicAmountType" ["namespace"]=> string(22) "urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["AVSCode"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(6) "string" ["namespace"]=> string(22) "urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["CVV2Code"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(6) "string" ["namespace"]=> string(22) "urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } ["TransactionID"]=> array(4) { ["required"]=> bool(true) ["type"]=> string(13) "TransactionId" ["namespace"]=> string(22) "urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI" ["charset"]=> string(10) "iso-8859-1" } } ["_attributes"]=> array(0) { } ["_attributeValues"]=> array(0) { } ["_namespace"]=> string(22) "urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI" ["Timestamp"]=> string(20) "2005-10-22T19:59:50Z" ["Ack"]=> string(7) "Success" ["CorrelationID"]=> string(40) "7211750854866385690297361130011186110311" ["Errors"]=> NULL ["Version"]=> string(8) "2.000000" ["Build"]=> string(6) "1.0006" }

Thanks again, Dynamo (and anyone else who may have some thoughts on this),

Josh

Actually, Dynamo, scrap that last message. After adding the die/dump code, I disabled the verified/confirmed options like you suggested. That seemed to do the trick. I just removed the die/dump code and tried it, and it worked like a charm!

Thanks a ton for the help.

Now I've got to figure out how to get the members discount module working with this one - i'm guessing the problem is with the members discount module, not yours....

Thanks, Josh

One pesky thing that annoys me about paypal, is that if you have a credit card on account with Paypal, you can't pay simply using a credit card - you have to log into your paypal account and pay through Paypal.

Is this the same with WPP?

Will a customer be forced to log into their paypal account to use a credit card that is on file with PayPal?

paccoral, just go into phpMyAdmin and import it. The SQL code knows what table to put it into (customers, to answer your question, though).

varnco, they have the option of using Express Checkout, which sends them to PayPal's site, or typing in their credit card number like a normal merchant account/gateway.

One more minor bug I've run into. A customer is trying to purchase with Amex but the card is getting rejected. I know Amex has a different CVV than Visa/MC/Discover, which is on the front of the card and four digits long. The form only has space for three characters. Could this be the problem, and if so, what's the easiest way to add a character in there?

Thanks, Josh

Ok, I am an idiot. I can't figure out what to to do with the pear files. I uploaded them to the server but don't know how to install them. I am guessing you have to have the pear program on your server. I downloaded Pear 1.4.2, but that didn't help me any. I still don't know how to install it. If someone could walk me through that would be great :)

Josh:

Find this line:

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('paypalwpp_cc_checkcode', '', 'size="4" maxlength="3"') . ' <small>' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION . '</small>')));

And change it to:

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('paypalwpp_cc_checkcode', '', 'size="4" maxlength="4"') . ' <small>' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION . '</small>')));

Atomic, if you're using those pear files from the contributions page, just upload them to your server and set the path in the module's admin section.

Pardon the very newbie question, but I am having a problem that cropped up after installing this module, and am having no luck figuring out what's going on.

Basically, checkout seems to work fine until I get to catalog/checkout_process.php, at which point it just shows a blank page. No error, no nothin', just a blank page. The same is also true of catalog/ec_process.php. I tried increasing the timeout, hoping that might help, but it didn't.

Like I said, I am a complete newbie to all of this, just trying to stumble my way through, and any direction would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Josh:

Find this line:

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('paypalwpp_cc_checkcode', '', 'size="4" maxlength="3"') . ' <small>' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION . '</small>')));

And change it to:

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('paypalwpp_cc_checkcode', '', 'size="4" maxlength="4"') . ' <small>' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION . '</small>')));

Dynamo, which file is that line in? I checked checkout_payment and couldn't find it there...

Thanks, Josh

ADD: Never mind that, Dynamo, I found it in the main module file. Thanks for the help!!!

Edited by kleinbaum

paccoral, just go into phpMyAdmin and import it. The SQL code knows what table to put it into (customers, to answer your question, though).

varnco, they have the option of using Express Checkout, which sends them to PayPal's site, or typing in their credit card number like a normal merchant account/gateway.

thanks .... I installed phpmyadmin late last night. I use a development app for sql that was asking me which table. phpmysql figured it out by it's self.

I think I am all set up. Just waiting for my host to install SSL.

I am getting this error on step 3 of the checkout. It says there is an error on line 42, but the only thing I changed in general.php was the WPP modification at the bottom.

error.jpg

Here is the code:

function tep_output_string($string, $translate = false, $protected = false) {

if ($protected == true) {

return htmlspecialchars($string);

} else {

if ($translate == false) {

return tep_parse_input_field_data($string, array('"' => '"'));

} else {

return tep_parse_input_field_data($string, $translate);

}

}

}

Any help would be appreciated :)

Wow half way there.

quick check out takes user to the paypal loging to check out screen.

Creates an account on my store.

goes through post the transaction and the user is returned

Fantastic.

Direct pay kicks out an error 10550 error account not accepting dirrect payments or along those lines. its been posted in the forums before. Can see why this is happening.

I have installed this and agreed to all paypals terms and there seems to be on their side everything done.

I was using ipn should i turn off some thing on the IPN side,

I watched the demo they have and it shows on the fast checkout a dual screen one login to pay pal and the left dumped them into take credit card now. could be just there mock up or it could be me. Docs at paypal seem to run in circles sometimes.

Wow half way there.

quick check out takes user to the paypal loging to check out screen.

Creates an account on my store.

goes through post the transaction and the user is returned

Fantastic.

Direct pay kicks out an error 10550 error account not accepting dirrect payments or along those lines. its been posted in the forums before. Can see why this is happening.

I have installed this and agreed to all paypals terms and there seems to be on their side everything done.

I was using ipn should i turn off some thing on the IPN side,

I watched the demo they have and it shows on the fast checkout a dual screen one login to pay pal and the left dumped them into take credit card now. could be just there mock up or it could be me. Docs at paypal seem to run in circles sometimes.

PS Paypal says

I have the business account setup

I have agreed to all the forms

I have a verified account.