• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Version 0.2 has just been finished and uploaded!

If you installed 0.1, you're going to have to go through all the OSC core files you modified in the first one and redo them. Sorry about that, but that shouldn't happen again. Also note the the paypal_wpp.sql file adds one extra column that v0.1 didn't, so don't forget to do import that.

The zip file alone is 20k larger than v0.1's, so many changes have been made and a few more core files have been modified. Automatic account creation is now optional (a temporary account is still created, but deleted at the end of checkout) and error messages now include the ones returned from PayPal. The changelog in the readme file lists all the updates.

Thanks to everyone who sent me bug reports, this version is MUCH more stable than 0.1 and better suited for a production environment.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

This is probably due to something else I did .... I get this when trying to go to "My Account" or "Cart"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/gf/gf/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:341) in /usr/www/users/gf/gf/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Have you seen this before?

I'm kinda new to php BTW - java guy.

-bh

Hi, Dynamo,

I have updated to the new version. I get the following error:

[ERROR]

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

()

[/ERROR]

It should be my individual Paypal problem, right? I have already changed this line:

var $timeout = 4;

to

var $timeout = 60;

Ken

Edited by ken.yong

Very very strange, it's working for me. Is this when you click the Express Checkout button, or try to use Direct Payment?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

When you removed the old payment module and installed this one, did you remember to redo your settings? I just did an order on my dev cart and it completed and added the money to my sandbox account, so not sure what's going on. The files I'm using are the same ones I packaged and uploaded.

I think I might have a clue... I am hosting with GoDaddy, they require that I use their proxy for all SSL CURL post. Do you know where should I put curl_setopt functions for proxy in your php files?

I am confident it will work this time when the proxy thing goes through.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! DYNAMO!!! I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!

Ken

Edited by ken.yong

I have already found a bug in create_account.php, though. I've uploaded a new version of that page to the contributions. Use it to overwrite or modify your existing create_account.php.

Ken, I'm willing to bet your solution is similar to SteveDallas'. Recheck your settings, make sure the certificate is still in place, and try again.

I honestly never expected this module to be this complex. Sheesh!

Brian,

I want to thank you for all your hard work on this module. I have successfully processed both Express Checkout and Direct Payment transactions in the Sandbox.

I have some order flow and cosmetic issues that I'd like to address:

1. If you log in or checkout without an account (PWA), the EC button appears at the top of checkout_shipping.php. I think that a better placement would be on checkout_payment.php, along with the other payment methods.

My reasoning is that a customer, who either logged in, created an account, or used PWA to checkout, has already been presented the EC button, so there is no reason to present it a second time. A returning customer who logged in before checkout has already provided his shipping information, so should be able to confirm it and then select EC on the payments page. This appears to be in harmony with PayPal's business rules.

2. When Express Checkout has been selected as the payment method, the checkout confirmation page displays the payment method as "PayPal Direct Payment & Express Checkout". I realize that this is the module name, but is there a way to display it as "PayPal Express Checkout" without splitting the payment module into two parts?

3. When presenting payment options, checkout_payment.php displays the module name, but the module only offers the direct payment options. In addition, the PayPal name shouldn't even appear for direct payments. A generic "Credit Card" text would be more appropriate. I haven't dug into the architecture deeply enough to determine whether this can be done easily.

I'm curious as to what others think about these issues.

--Glen

1. If you log in or checkout without an account (PWA), the EC button appears at the top of checkout_shipping.php. I think that a better placement would be on checkout_payment.php, along with the other payment methods.

Unfortunately, PayPal has specified the exact placement of their Express Checkout button. It must show up in the checkout process before you ask your customer for their shipping information. The main goal of this module has been to make it fully compliant with PayPal's TOS, so for that reason alone I won't change it in the official contrib. I suppose you could change it on your individual store, though. I really doubt if PayPal would ever cause a stink.

2. When Express Checkout has been selected as the payment method, the checkout confirmation page displays the payment method as "PayPal Direct Payment & Express Checkout". I realize that this is the module name, but is there a way to display it as "PayPal Express Checkout" without splitting the payment module into two parts?

Sure, that wouldn't be too hard to do. I'll probably release a v0.3 in a couple days to fix any new bugs that pop up and I'll get that in there.

3. When presenting payment options, checkout_payment.php displays the module name, but the module only offers the direct payment options. In addition, the PayPal name shouldn't even appear for direct payments. A generic "Credit Card" text would be more appropriate. I haven't dug into the architecture deeply enough to determine whether this can be done easily.

Edit the file: /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and change the "MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE" line to whatever you want.

This is easily changed in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 8.

If you change it here it will also alter how it is displayed in the admin=>payment modules section.

-bh

This is easily changed in /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 8.

If you change it here it will also alter how it is displayed in the admin=>payment modules section.

-bh

The problem is that the same variable (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE) is also used to display the payment method in checkout_shipping.php, so EC payments show up with a payment method of "Credit Card" if you change it. Therefore, making the payment method show up correctly both in the payment method list and in the confirmation requires a bit more magic. I'll have a more detailed look at it.

--Glen

Unfortunately, PayPal has specified the exact placement of their Express Checkout button. It must show up in the checkout process before you ask your customer for their shipping information. The main goal of this module has been to make it fully compliant with PayPal's TOS, so for that reason alone I won't change it in the official contrib. I suppose you could change it on your individual store, though. I really doubt if PayPal would ever cause a stink.

In this case (user was presented the EC button and chose something else), I believe that it is reasonable to hide the button on the shipping address page. However, when he gets to the payment selection page, he should still have the opportunity to select PayPal if he changed his mind during the checkout process. The rules for the placement of PayPal with other payment methods should apply at this point.

--Glen

Hi, another problem.... My Express Checkout button is returning error 10417. I know this is not an issue of the module so I have contacted Paypal for help. They asked me if I can provide my logs of SOAP requests and responses. They are looking for the XML documents that are sent to PayPal and the XML documents returns to my server in the process of performing the Express Checkout. There should be three API calls, each with its own request and response document.

In addition, they asked what PayPal SDK, if any, is the module using?

Any help on how to retrieve or turn on logging of SOAP requests and responses will be greatly appreciated!!

Ken

I'm new to PHP and osCommerce, but I have been programming off and on for years. I have figured out how to make the payment method show up correctly for both Express Checkout and Direct Payments.

Add these lines to catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_EC_TITLE', 'PayPal Express Checkout');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DP_TITLE', 'Credit/Debit Card');

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php, change:

$this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_TITLE;

to

if (tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) {

$this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_EC_TITLE;

} else {

$this->title = MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_DP_TITLE;

}

If I monkey around with it a bit more, I might be able to make the original title show up in the admin module.

--Glen

Hi, another problem.... My Express Checkout button is returning error 10417.

That's the generic error I was getting yesterday. Unverify your sandbox user by deleting the bank account and then try again (you'll have to turn off the Verify check in the module admin). As I mentioned before, I think the fake bank account number they give us is depleted and so, thinking the user can't pay, it tells the customer to use another form of payment.

In addition, they asked what PayPal SDK, if any, is the module using?

However, when he gets to the payment selection page, he should still have the opportunity to select PayPal if he changed his mind during the checkout process.

I can agree with that. I didn't have it show up again simply because if the user is logged in, and skipped past Express Checkout (maybe even twice), I'd personally prefer them use Direct Payment. I'll make it an option in 0.3 to display an express checkout button on the payment page.

I can agree with that. I didn't have it show up again simply because if the user is logged in, and skipped past Express Checkout (maybe even twice), I'd personally prefer them use Direct Payment. I'll make it an option in 0.3 to display an express checkout button on the payment page.

For the time being, I'm just using the PayPal IPN payment contribution to handle this choice.

While fooling around with things last night (well, around 3AM), I added a capability for payment modules to display an icon with the module name. Once I figured out how payment modules interact with checkout_payment.php, it was pretty straightforward.

--Glen