• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Ken & Glen,

My site is not live yet, but I have added recurring payments. I can provide you with the xml and with the calls I used that go with this wpp add-on, but my site is extremely customized, so I wouldn't know where to tell you to put them in a "normal" shop. But it would at least give you a starting point. Also, I have found the SOAP API manual to be the best place to get the information about setting up the recurring payments stuff.

Let me know if you want the xml & calls, and where to send/post them.

I have no problem with the implementation, but I don't see how it could be used in the context of a standard osC shop.

--Glen

Hi All,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this great contribution.

I've installed V1.07 (from Github). I am upgrading from 0.92. After installation, this is my status. Ran wpp_diagnostics.php, all is well. First problem was getting sent back to empty shopping cart (lost session id). Got that taken care of, previous post, by altering return url string in paypal_wpp.php. Now I have a couple of more problems.

First one is that when I go to Paypal during express checkout and come back, I am redirected to shipping.php. All ok, select shipping method and hit continue, now I go to checkout_payment.php (paypal set to show payment page), but I don't have the options to apply coupon (CCGV installed) or to use gift certificate, or Reward Points. Only shows, you are checking out with Express Checkout and ability to choose another form of payment.

Second problem is when I capture funds through admin, the order status is not being updated and the customer is not being notified. I have been looking through this forum for some time, and am having a hard time finding the solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Edited by mvigil514

Michael,

When downloading from github, it is generally best to take the latest release, and not one of the numbered releases, as it contains all the latest patches. The numbered releases will be the same as what is posted here.

Which version of CCGV do you have installed? CCGV(trad) is known to work, but CCGV has some issues that affect compatibility. In particular, ensure that the 30 Jan 2009 patch entitled "Major fix" by JimbobobHacker2 is applied to the version you have installed, because it will de-select Express Checkout as the payment method. I found another problem; that one of the buttons (might be "apply coupon", but I don't recall) is implemented as a form. The problem is that the code is nested within another form, and that is not allowed in HTML.

On the lack of updates when capturing funds, the IPN code as currently written does not work. It is on my list of things to do.

--Glen

Michael,

When downloading from github, it is generally best to take the latest release, and not one of the numbered releases, as it contains all the latest patches. The numbered releases will be the same as what is posted here.

Which version of CCGV do you have installed? CCGV(trad) is known to work, but CCGV has some issues that affect compatibility. In particular, ensure that the 30 Jan 2009 patch entitled "Major fix" by JimbobobHacker2 is applied to the version you have installed, because it will de-select Express Checkout as the payment method. I found another problem; that one of the buttons (might be "apply coupon", but I don't recall) is implemented as a form. The problem is that the code is nested within another form, and that is not allowed in HTML.

On the lack of updates when capturing funds, the IPN code as currently written does not work. It is on my list of things to do.

--Glen

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using CCGV v5.16 from Feb 8, 2006. It has been working fine with WPP 0.92. I think I may not have been clear. When I get to the payment page, there are no other options for payment or for applying coupons or gift certificates, like in the previous version. It does say, "You are checking out the Express checkout, click here to select another payment method". And, the "Continue" button to proceed to confirmation. These are my WPP settings.

screenshot.jpg

Thanks again, Michael

Hi,

I have added that latest version of the plugin - think its 1.07

and dont have maestro as an option to pay.

Is there something I am missing?

I have been reading through this post and found that it should be there.

Also does this version have the 3d secure option and does this work in sandbox?

I haven't tested live yet so am wondering if it only works then.

Its a great plugin and works brilliantly when none of the others do, I would be really happy if I could get these things solved.

thanks

Hi,

I have added that latest version of the plugin - think its 1.07

and dont have maestro as an option to pay.

Is there something I am missing?

I have been reading through this post and found that it should be there.

Also does this version have the 3d secure option and does this work in sandbox?

I haven't tested live yet so am wondering if it only works then.

Its a great plugin and works brilliantly when none of the others do, I would be really happy if I could get these things solved.

thanks

I don't think this plugin supports the 3d secure as yet. Would be good to know when/if it is going to support it.

After the 1st of january, is 3d secure not compulsory if you want to process maestro?

Hi,

I run an English store with (v1.06), but a customer is trying to checkout from Germany and it's automatically trying to use the german paypal_wpp.php file, which is not configured. I've been getting the following

Warning: require(includes/paypal_wpp/languages/german/paypal_wpp.php)
[function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/home/nrylgbf/public_html/sitename.com/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php
on line 17

/home/nrylgbf/public_html/sitename.com/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php
on line 17

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'includes/paypal_wpp/languages/german/paypal_wpp.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
on line 17

I want everyone to go through the english system, whether they are foreign or not.

Anyhelp much appreciated, thanks

Hi,

I run an English store with (v1.06), but a customer is trying to checkout from Germany and it's automatically trying to use the german paypal_wpp.php file, which is not configured. I've been getting the following

on line 17

on line 17

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'includes/paypal_wpp/languages/german/paypal_wpp.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
on line 17

I want everyone to go through the english system, whether they are foreign or not.

Anyhelp much appreciated, thanks

The language string files for the WPP module have not been localized for German. It appears that you offer German as a language in your shop. The first thing to do is to copy the WPP language files for English into the German folder. Then, you can either translate them to German, or leave them as-is, which may confuse your German customers.

--Glen

I don't think this plugin supports the 3d secure as yet. Would be good to know when/if it is going to support it.

After the 1st of january, is 3d secure not compulsory if you want to process maestro?

You are correct on both counts. I have been working on this since the announcement, but got off track due to work in my own shop. I will get back on this and hope to have a solution shortly.

--Glen

The language string files for the WPP module have not been localized for German. It appears that you offer German as a language in your shop. The first thing to do is to copy the WPP language files for English into the German folder. Then, you can either translate them to German, or leave them as-is, which may confuse your German customers.

--Glen

Thank you. I haven't actually got Germany in the country list, only the UK and US. Strange

Thank you. I haven't actually got Germany in the country list, only the UK and US. Strange

osCommerce has multiple language support. Out of the box, it supports English, Spanish, and German. If you don't remove the languages you don't wish to support, visitors to your site who have a different language preference set in their browser will see text in their local language. To disable other languages (different from countries), go to Localization->Languages in admin and delete the ones you don't support.

--Glen

It is looking like we are going to have to put in 3D-Secure sometime soon... paypal keep nagging me to implement it.

Is there anything that can be done on the module to introduce this? I notice that the official paypal one (downloadable from paypal) is saying it has 3dsecure already in it, but i really dont want to have to uninstall this module which is working perfectly and install another one.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

It is looking like we are going to have to put in 3D-Secure sometime soon... paypal keep nagging me to implement it.

Is there anything that can be done on the module to introduce this? I notice that the official paypal one (downloadable from paypal) is saying it has 3dsecure already in it, but i really dont want to have to uninstall this module which is working perfectly and install another one.

Any help?

anybody watching this topic that can help with this please?

I want to install 3dsecure, you have to contact cardinal to get an account, you need the old module as far as I can as the paypal one is based on version 0.7.3 2006/03/23 which requires pear installations etc.

I have been looking at this and dont know where the hell to begin.

I have the latest version of this module installed and it works great, just no 3d secure.

Is there anyway something could be done to integrate 3dsecure in to the latest version of paypal pro?

Please

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing for 3D Secure?

This is going live in the UK in 2 weeks time, that means the current module wont work any more... it needs the 3D secure bit in there whether we use it or not or all transactions will fail from my understanding.

I really dont want to uninstall this one and install the official paypal one.

Anybody?

All there is at the minute is this:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7184

Unfortunately it is an absolute pig to try and implement as the instructions to install are 'Go Compare'!

Also please see this support thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/351323-paypal-pro-uk-with-3d-secure/

People need to work together to figure it out and put pressure on Paypal to release something a little more helpful.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a coder to integrate Paypal Express Checkout on my site. I bought the One page checkout module from Dynamo effect and I just want to add the Paypal express Checkout option on that page and on product page. Right now I'm only offering credit card payment (from paypal pro) as payment option and want to add both payment options.

Since the 2 modules are from the same author (dynamo effects) it should not be a big deal to integrate it. I don't have the skill and the time to do it but I sure some of you can do it pretty easily.

Here's my site: www.kitefix.com/catalog to give you an idea

Anyone intere$ted? you can contact me by email: info[at]kitefix[dot]com

regards,

Francis

I have a question about PayPal IPN usage. I am testing my new catalog, part of which sells downloads. All the money transactions using PayPal are working, but I don't seem to be receiving an IPN from PayPal correctly, so the order can be shown as paid and the customer allowed to access their downloads. I ran wpp_diagnostics and that was clear of errors. I am wondering if there might be something I did wrong with this add-on or is there another add-on I need to get PayPal IPN's to work to automatically update that an order that has been paid? I have been searching and haven't really found an answer about the details on how IPN's work with this add-on or with Oscommerce in general. I can see that an ip address from PayPal is trying to access the paypal_ipn.php file. I have PayPal setup to use: https://www.********.com/catalog/index.php?action=express_checkout_ipn, for IPN notifications. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

When the 3-D Secure system kicks in next week - will it be possible to accept Maestro payments using the standard PayPal Express option..? ie on the checkout page instruct customers wishing to use Maestro to choose the PayPal Express option..?

I'm assuming that PayPal Express can (by default) handle the 3-D Secure system? .. am I right?

I was sent a paypal pro with 3D secure this morning by cardinal commerce but unfortunately its useless for heavily modified stores as the instructions are just to do a file compare... there isnt even any comments in the files to tell you where the code starts or ends.

please please please can we have an update on this module with the 3D functionality? I see on the github site, in the TODO file that this was being done early last year, but there has been no update since.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

An update with 3DS support is now available at GitHub: http://github.com/DynamoEffects/paypal-pro-for-oscommerce/zipball/master

Please test it out and post any problems you have.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Thats great Brian!!! many thanks!

I have updated to the new module and can succesfully process normal card payments. I havent got a maestro card to try this, but i was expecting with my normal visa card to get the verified by section after clicking submit at the end of the order, however it just processed it normally.

Does this only work for maestro payments, or should all orders be going through cardinal commerce and be verified?

Tanks again.

All orders are passed through Cardinal, which determines whether or not the customer needs to go through their 3D-Secure flow. If so, the customer is forwarded to a new page to complete the 3D-Secure process. If not, the card is simply charged and the customer completes the checkout.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi All,

I am upgrading from version 0.9.2 to version 1.0.7. I uninstalled the old version, updated all files to RC2A and then installed the update. I had to update includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php because I was loosing session ID and cart contents (I got logged out) when I tried to use Express Checkout.

//These strings need to have ampersands escaped
  //mvigil514  bof To fix on wpp post 3696 4/29/2009, comment out 1st set of statements and uncomment 2nd set of statements //
  /*
     $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = htmlspecialchars(tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL'));
  $order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] = htmlspecialchars(tep_href_link($redirect_path, $redirect_attr, 'SSL'));
  */
  $temp_return_link = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), '', 'SSL');
  $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=express_checkout';
  $order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=ec_cancel';
  //
  // mvigil514 eof post 3696 //

At this point, it seems as if Paypal was working properly, but I hadn't done extensive testing. I proceeded to modify the code so that I could allow people to redeem a coupon after returning from Paypal. I made some changes and got that working, but it seems that Paypal quit working. So, I undid all the changes???? I made a backup of the site, but no matter how I try to revert, I can't get Paypal to work.

This is what is wrong. I click Use Express Checkout. I get directed to Sandbox. I sign in and choose continue at Paypal. I get redirected to my site. I choose shipping, continue and go to payment to choose coupon, if necessary, and continue and then confirm. The checkout is a success. The order is processed, emails are sent out, order shows up in admin, but the payment method isn't recorded or displayed anywhere, Paypal merchant account doesn't get paid and no "capture funds" button appears in the admin order edit screen.

Additionally, when I use credit card on site, the payment method does not appear either. Also, I can use any CC number and it will still let me check out (I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not). I certainly would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I hope I'm just missing something obvious.

Michael