• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a coupon module to work with PayPal Express?

I'm currently using PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout and Gift Vouchers / Discount Coupons for RC1, RC2, RC2a but the coupon box is placed on the payment page and so when a customer chooses the PayPal Express button they are taken straight to PayPal and the discount is not applied to the total.

I apologise if I'm repeating a question but I've scoured the forum and not been able to find a solution. I'm really hoping someone can tell me if it's possible

Thanks for any advice,

Helen

http://www.survivalkitpro.com

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a coupon module to work with PayPal Express?

I'm currently using PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout and Gift Vouchers / Discount Coupons for RC1, RC2, RC2a but the coupon box is placed on the payment page and so when a customer chooses the PayPal Express button they are taken straight to PayPal and the discount is not applied to the total.

I apologise if I'm repeating a question but I've scoured the forum and not been able to find a solution. I'm really hoping someone can tell me if it's possible

Thanks for any advice,

Helen

http://www.survivalkitpro.com

Helen,

I don't know about that particular contribution, but I do know that this module works with CCGV (trad) and Coupons by Ingo. For either one, you must enable the option "Express Checkout: Display Payment Page". You still log in at PayPal first, but you get to add the coupon on the payment page.

I'll have a look at the contribution you mentioned to see if support for its coupons can be added in a future release. Specific support must be enabled because this payment module sends an itemized list of the cart contents to PayPal.

--Glen

Helen,

I don't know about that particular contribution, but I do know that this module works with CCGV (trad) and Coupons by Ingo. For either one, you must enable the option "Express Checkout: Display Payment Page". You still log in at PayPal first, but you get to add the coupon on the payment page.

I'll have a look at the contribution you mentioned to see if support for its coupons can be added in a future release. Specific support must be enabled because this payment module sends an itemized list of the cart contents to PayPal.

--Glen

Thanks so much Glen, I will give those coupon modules a try. Would you rate either of them better than the other?

Helen

You can not pay to Your own account.

Satish

Hi Satish,

I'm not trying to pay to my own account, I'm just trying to set it up so that the coupon discount is applied to the total when using the PayPal Express method of payment. I'm going to try the contributions suggested by Glen.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

Is it ok to remove the Paypal express link from cart contents? Basically when a customer clicks checkout, they are taken to cart contents where they can add a coupon etc. Then when they click checkout from there, they are taken to the login/register with Paypal express logo option.

Is this within the Paypal pro terms?

You can see what I mean here

Thanks

Hi,

Is it ok to remove the Paypal express link from cart contents? Basically when a customer clicks checkout, they are taken to cart contents where they can add a coupon etc. Then when they click checkout from there, they are taken to the login/register with Paypal express logo option.

Is this within the Paypal pro terms?

You can see what I mean here

Thanks

At one time, this was a permissible integration method. These days, PayPal prefers that you display the word "OR" and their checkout button near the regular checkout button. I don't know if they will warn you to change it if they check your site, but they may do that.

--Glen

I am using v1.0.2 right now and everything is fine. Paypal is upgrading Payflow Pro SDK on 9/1 and will not support any Payflow SDK lower than 4.3. Will this have any effect on this module? I do not think so but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Hi Satish,

I'm not trying to pay to my own account, I'm just trying to set it up so that the coupon discount is applied to the total when using the PayPal Express method of payment. I'm going to try the contributions suggested by Glen.

Thanks anyway.

Use CCGV(trad) its compatible.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I am using v1.0.2 right now and everything is fine. Paypal is upgrading Payflow Pro SDK on 9/1 and will not support any Payflow SDK lower than 4.3. Will this have any effect on this module? I do not think so but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

This module does not use the Payflow Pro API, so there should not be any problems. If you are concerned about this, I will assume that you are a UK merchant, as the version of WPP offered there uses Payflow Pro and PayPal has been sending emails to UK merchants regarding this change. To the best of my knowledge, PayPal has made no statements about the Payflow Pro change regarding users of the Direct Payments API.

However, another change is going into production that will affect UK WPP merchants, both with the Payflow Pro API and the Direct Payments API. Effective 1 Jan 2010, and 1 Sep 2009 for new merchants, UK merchants who accept the Maestro card must support 3-D Secure (aka MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa). I am in the midst of developing a solution for the DynamoEffects WPP module that will provide this support and expect to release a new version within a week or so.

--Glen

Thanks for the info. I am in the USA and we have received multiple notifications from Paypal regarding this Payflow changes on 9/1.

This module does not use the Payflow Pro API, so there should not be any problems. If you are concerned about this, I will assume that you are a UK merchant, as the version of WPP offered there uses Payflow Pro and PayPal has been sending emails to UK merchants regarding this change. To the best of my knowledge, PayPal has made no statements about the Payflow Pro change regarding users of the Direct Payments API.

However, another change is going into production that will affect UK WPP merchants, both with the Payflow Pro API and the Direct Payments API. Effective 1 Jan 2010, and 1 Sep 2009 for new merchants, UK merchants who accept the Maestro card must support 3-D Secure (aka MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa). I am in the midst of developing a solution for the DynamoEffects WPP module that will provide this support and expect to release a new version within a week or so.

--Glen

I am trying to install paypal_wpp. I am getting the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home3/propack/propacksolutions-www/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php on line 17

Line 17 seems to be referring to a table I don't have:

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS

I do have the following tables:

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS

Thanks for the info. I am in the USA and we have received multiple notifications from Paypal regarding this Payflow changes on 9/1.

Have you ever subscribed to the Payflow Pro service? That could be the reason you are receiving the messages. I have been a WPP user since 2005 and haven't received any messages regarding Payflow Pro.

--Glen

I am trying to install paypal_wpp. I am getting the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /home3/propack/propacksolutions-www/catalog/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php on line 17

Line 17 seems to be referring to a table I don't have:

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS

I do have the following tables:

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY

TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS

Is this a fresh installation, or are you upgrading from a version of WPP prior to v1.0?

I have installed v1.0.6 on 2.2 cr2. I have some other add-ons. I setup a paypal sandbox account.

My problems are

1. "express checkout" dosen't go to paypal site. It just return to current page.

2. "direct pay". I cannot see any activity on the seller account. I don't know if it really goes to paypal when I finish the checkout.

Where should I look for?

Or Is there someone can help me to integrate this add-on and how much? Please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your help.

This is a fresh installation.

It appears that I created a bug while trying to fix something else and the table is created with the wrong name. To fix this, use your database administration tool to rename the table.

Example (phpMyAdmin):

1. Select the table named TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY_TRANSACTIONS.

2. Click on the tab "Operations".

3. Type "orders_status_history_transactions" into the box under "Rename table to:" and click "Go".

This will resolve the issue. I'll fix this in the next release.

--Glen

I have installed v1.0.6 on 2.2 cr2. I have some other add-ons. I setup a paypal sandbox account.

My problems are

1. "express checkout" dosen't go to paypal site. It just return to current page.

2. "direct pay". I cannot see any activity on the seller account. I don't know if it really goes to paypal when I finish the checkout.

Where should I look for?

Or Is there someone can help me to integrate this add-on and how much? Please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you for your help.

1. Some users have experienced issues with the Express Checkout button. This appears to be server dependent. Please post the link from the Express Checkout button.

2. You should see activity if the module is set up correctly. Double-check your entries in the module configuration page. To test in the sandbox, you will need two accounts; one for the seller and the other for the test customer.

--Glen

1. Some users have experienced issues with the Express Checkout button. This appears to be server dependent. Please post the link from the Express Checkout button.

2. You should see activity if the module is set up correctly. Double-check your entries in the module configuration page. To test in the sandbox, you will need two accounts; one for the seller and the other for the test customer.

--Glen

Thank you for your quick replay. I am using Justhost as hoster.

link from button:

current shop_cart url:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/shopping_car...0e99d5dba4e9a84

ec button link:

https://domain.com/catalog/shopping_cart.ph...0e99d5dba4e9a84

I created a seller and a buyer account. In seller account I created API with certificate("cert_key_pem.txt") and put it in /cert directory

Thank you for your quick replay. I am using Justhost as hoster.

link from button:

current shop_cart url:

http://www.domain.com/catalog/shopping_car...0e99d5dba4e9a84

ec button link:

https://domain.com/catalog/shopping_cart.ph...0e99d5dba4e9a84

I created a seller and a buyer account. In seller account I created API with certificate("cert_key_pem.txt") and put it in /cert directory

The links look correct and it appears that you have configured the accounts correctly. I would review the installation and configuration steps to see if you missed anything. Have you tried uploading the wpp_diagnostics file and run it? It should point you in the direction of any configuration problems.

--Glen