• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

I am on an https:// SSL too and do not see any buttons to administer refunds etc. I tried that little tweak and still nothing happened after refreshing the order screen. I remember ages ago in an earlier version i did have refund buttons - but on this host and with the last few versions I've not had them.

You should have either buttons or a message stating that you need to connect via HTTPS to see the order buttons. If you see neither, re-check your admin/orders.php integration.

--Glen

You should have either buttons or a message stating that you need to connect via HTTPS to see the order buttons. If you see neither, re-check your admin/orders.php integration.

--Glen

Hi there - i did a find for each step of the integration instructions and the code all matches up exactly. Would another contribution conflict in any way to make these not appear? Or could my hosting provider be a factor? (just thinking what could be stopping the buttons from showing). There's literally nothing, no error message about https and no buttons.

Should they only show on express payments - or is it on the direct debit/credit card payments too? I have express turned off, only accept the cards.

Hi there - i did a find for each step of the integration instructions and the code all matches up exactly. Would another contribution conflict in any way to make these not appear? Or could my hosting provider be a factor? (just thinking what could be stopping the buttons from showing). There's literally nothing, no error message about https and no buttons.

Should they only show on express payments - or is it on the direct debit/credit card payments too? I have express turned off, only accept the cards.

Yes, you should always see either the message or the buttons. The line of code in admin/orders.php that displays the buttons is:

$paypal_wpp->display_buttons($oID);

In the installation instructions, this appears at step 4 of the modifications of orders.php.

--Glen

Yes, you should always see either the message or the buttons. The line of code in admin/orders.php that displays the buttons is:

$paypal_wpp->display_buttons($oID);

In the installation instructions, this appears at step 4 of the modifications of orders.php.

--Glen

Hi - i dont get anything and have that line in there which is weird. But i'll keep looking.

In other news, I've had my first order made since installing the latest version of this contribution. but it's really strange - in my oscommerce admin menu the order was only showing as "pending" - this has never happened before. So i logged into paypal and the payment was only showing as authorised in paypal - there was a button to capture the amount into my account. I clicked this, and the order itself now shows 2 transactions. An original authorisation, and a related transaction. Both the same amount, but the related transaction had paypal's deduction fee on it. The total balance of my account also went up.

so it looks like this person has been billed twice. Is this correct? Why would the transaction go through in a different way this time?

I have used this contrib for a while, and upgraded a couple of days ago. First order to come, and it handled it different.

Is this a bug, or someone clever trying to get a free product??

Thanks,

David

Hi - i dont get anything and have that line in there which is weird. But i'll keep looking.

In other news, I've had my first order made since installing the latest version of this contribution. but it's really strange - in my oscommerce admin menu the order was only showing as "pending" - this has never happened before. So i logged into paypal and the payment was only showing as authorised in paypal - there was a button to capture the amount into my account. I clicked this, and the order itself now shows 2 transactions. An original authorisation, and a related transaction. Both the same amount, but the related transaction had paypal's deduction fee on it. The total balance of my account also went up.

so it looks like this person has been billed twice. Is this correct? Why would the transaction go through in a different way this time?

I have used this contrib for a while, and upgraded a couple of days ago. First order to come, and it handled it different.

Thanks,

David

Sorry - my paypal account balance is correct but i had to manually release the money into my paypal account. Previously the money was just going in automatically without my intervention.

is this a new feature or a bug? (or if it's an order over a certain amount it needs authorising maybe? it was £300) I dont think it would be good for me to keep going in to release the money each time.

Thanks,

David

David,

It appears that you have changed your payment action to "Authorization", rather than "Sale" in the admin page for the payment module. This is the normal mode of operation for "authorization and capture".

I don't understand why nothing appears on your orders.php page, unless you have two copies and are looking at the wrong one. You might try saving your current one and copying the one from the contribution to your server. If that fixes it, you should then compare the two versions.

--Glen

David,

It appears that you have changed your payment action to "Authorization", rather than "Sale" in the admin page for the payment module. This is the normal mode of operation for "authorization and capture".

I don't understand why nothing appears on your orders.php page, unless you have two copies and are looking at the wrong one. You might try saving your current one and copying the one from the contribution to your server. If that fixes it, you should then compare the two versions.

--Glen

Hi Glen - that's the strange thing. I have it set to "sale" on my admin page. (I copied all my values before installing the latest version). No other bugs or anything - well, apart from the orders.php mystery but i've always had that.

It should do it as a sale but it's not behaving correctly.

Hi Glen - that's the strange thing. I have it set to "sale" on my admin page. (I copied all my values before installing the latest version). No other bugs or anything - well, apart from the orders.php mystery but i've always had that.

It should do it as a sale but it's not behaving correctly.

This is odd. Do you have a test installation on your server? Is it possible that you are updating one thing, but testing another?

--Glen

Thank you for this fix.

:)

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner. Someone mentioned it back in March, I think. For those selling fractional items (a fix that caused this error), we now display the original quantity and price in the description.

--Glen

I have just noticed that i no longer get error reports come through after the update.

I spoke to a customer and he said that he tried to pay by credit card but got an error, and before the update i would get an error report from paypal.

Any ideas of where to look?

zappautomation

I have just noticed that i no longer get error reports come through after the update.

I spoke to a customer and he said that he tried to pay by credit card but got an error, and before the update i would get an error report from paypal.

Any ideas of where to look?

Did you turn debug mode off? That would cause this. Error messages go to the store owner address.

--Glen

I've noticed that the order will show as pending, even though the settings are set to Sale in admin, if the customer bails on the transaction at checkout_confirmation.php, but then returns later and completes the order.

For customers who go through and purchase in one process the order will show up in my oscommerce admin panel as Paypal authorised. If the process is disrupted in any way or they come back later, it goes through only as pending and i have to manually release the funds by logging into paypal.

anyone else get this???

I've noticed that the order will show as pending, even though the settings are set to Sale in admin, if the customer bails on the transaction at checkout_confirmation.php, but then returns later and completes the order.

For customers who go through and purchase in one process the order will show up in my oscommerce admin panel as Paypal authorised. If the process is disrupted in any way or they come back later, it goes through only as pending and i have to manually release the funds by logging into paypal.

anyone else get this???

Absolutely nothing is written to the orders table until the customer hits the button on checkout_confirmation.php, and then only if the order completes. Or are you talking about something on the PayPal end? On Express Checkout, we gather the order information, but we don't have a shipping total until the customer clicks the button on checkout_confirmation. I can't remember offhand whether we send the cart total ex-shipping in the initial message.

I always use the authorization and capture method because there are sometimes delays between when the order is taken and when it ships, so I have to release every order, either through the buttons on the order.php page or through PayPal.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Me again.

It seems my international customers cannot use Express Checkout. Paypal kicks them back to the site saying we don't sell to their country.

I tried turning off the "Confirmed Shipping Address" -- we're an ebook store and we aren't shipping anything -- but that kicked back the US customers with the "we don't sell to your country" error.

One customer in Canada even reported not being able to use her credit card (direct payment) until she switched her billing address to her sister's in the US, but her shipping address was still Canada. I don't even now how that took but the transaction went through.

I'm running v1.0.6 and I just reinstalled it this morning.

Me again.

It seems my international customers cannot use Express Checkout. Paypal kicks them back to the site saying we don't sell to their country.

I tried turning off the "Confirmed Shipping Address" -- we're an ebook store and we aren't shipping anything -- but that kicked back the US customers with the "we don't sell to your country" error.

One customer in Canada even reported not being able to use her credit card (direct payment) until she switched her billing address to her sister's in the US, but her shipping address was still Canada. I don't even now how that took but the transaction went through.

I'm running v1.0.6 and I just reinstalled it this morning.

Please check Locations/Taxes->Countries in your shop configuration. You should have an entry for every country that you sell to.

--Glen

Helper just told me that when she uses express checkout, it goes to the Paypal login where it prompts for the user name and password. Once she clicks log in, Paypal kicks her back to the bookstore without going to the confirm/continue payment page where it would verify account info and shipping address and the like.

Is that an issue with Paypal or the code or a little of both?

12 pages worth. 239 countries.

v1.0.5 had a major bug that caused EC payments to be rejected. Please check the installed copy of /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and find the $this->codeVersion string near the top of the file. It should be set to '1.0.6'. I know that you stated that you have re-installed v1.0.6, but please verify that this is the version that is actually installed.

--Glen

v1.0.5 had a major bug that caused EC payments to be rejected. Please check the installed copy of /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and find the $this->codeVersion string near the top of the file. It should be set to '1.0.6'. I know that you stated that you have re-installed v1.0.6, but please verify that this is the version that is actually installed.

--Glen

Found and verified.

Found and verified.

If it helps, I did a search and found out people using WPP on Zen cart and Cube cart were coming up with the same problem (complaints in forums) -- US customers fine, international customers can't use express.

For me, direct pay works fine for everyone, though some customers get mad that they have to go find their credit card and just don't order.

Did Paypal change something in their configuration and not tell anyone?

If it helps, I did a search and found out people using WPP on Zen cart and Cube cart were coming up with the same problem (complaints in forums) -- US customers fine, international customers can't use express.

For me, direct pay works fine for everyone, though some customers get mad that they have to go find their credit card and just don't order.

Did Paypal change something in their configuration and not tell anyone?

I am not aware of any changes that would affect this. I just checked my own shop, and have received three non-US express checkout orders since I installed v1.0.6.

I would very much like to see a screen capture of the page with the error message via PM or email.

Also, please PM or email the links to the problems people are having with other carts. Are they using *this* module, or are they having general issues with EC?

--Glen

Hi all!

I've got the commercial version of Dynamo effects One page checkout which I'm very happy with. I'm using paypal pro for credit card payment and Paypal standard. Because of that Paypal standard give me a bunch of non-paid orders (everytime a customer quit paypal without paying I receive an order in OSC..)

So I would like to enable the Paypal Express Checkout modules on my one page checkout. When I enable it I'm redirected to paypal, sign in with my paypal account but Paypal is always redirecting me to my one page checkout...I sent a lot of email to Brian (from Dynamo effects) for helping me on that, he was agree to do the modification but for any reason he is not responding to my emails anymore.

So, does someone here is using Dynamo one page checkout and Express checkout together? or any suggestions?

thanks

Francis