• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Wow I feel so stupid right now. I can't believe I did that. Thanks man.

Don't feel bad. We have all put the wrong file in the wrong place from time to time. I have put the language file over the code more times than I can count, but not recently.

--Glen

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Hey guys ..

I configured my site to use PayPal Express with a Business Account say ‘xyz’….

Now when I try executing a transaction using PayPal Express, using the same business account ‘xyz’ it gives me the following error “You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again.”

Is it,I cant use the same business Account 'xyz' to execute a transaction from my store??

Hey guys ..

I configured my site to use PayPal Express with a Business Account say ‘xyz’….

Now when I try executing a transaction using PayPal Express, using the same business account ‘xyz’ it gives me the following error “You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again.”

Is it,I cant use the same business Account 'xyz' to execute a transaction from my store??

It is true. You cannot buy things from your shop using the same account as buyer and seller. If you are trying to make test transactions in the live store, you will need to use a different PayPal account.

PayPal permits business account holders to have a personal account as well, but they will get confused if any of your identification data overlaps between accounts. (Telephone number, taxpayer identification/social insurance number)

--Glen

I've got a small issue...

I'm trying to change the wording on my checkout_payment.php where is says PayPal Direct Payment. This isn't in the language file and I cannot find it!

Any suggestions as to where this might be? (When changing it in the language file, it changes in admin only)

I've got a small issue...

I'm trying to change the wording on my checkout_payment.php where is says PayPal Direct Payment. This isn't in the language file and I cannot find it!

Any suggestions as to where this might be? (When changing it in the language file, it changes in admin only)

It *is* in the language file. You're just looking at the wrong one. The correct file is catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php.

--Glen

" Unfortunately the country of the address you selected is not currently one that we offer service to. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us."

Please help with this error. I've been losing sleep. Thank you.

" Unfortunately the country of the address you selected is not currently one that we offer service to. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us."

Please help with this error. I've been losing sleep. Thank you.

V1.0.5 has some bugs. You can either install v1.0.4 or the latest build from the development server at <http://github.com/DynamoEffects/paypal-pro-for-oscommerce/tree/master>. Click the Download button to get the latest copy. I have a few things to clean up, and will be releasing it as v1.0.6 when it is ready.

--Glen

I use this contribution and admit it's great. However i've just become familiar with PCI compliance and I realise that this contribution stores the customers credit card number (the first and last 4 digits) and its expiary date. It doesnt take the cvv number, as this isnt legal.

Is there a way of tweaking it so no card data gets sent to my database after it has gone off to Paypal? or is this a limitation? I'm uncomfortable storing the data as it breaks compliance rules.

Thanks a lot,

David

I use this contribution and admit it's great. However i've just become familiar with PCI compliance and I realise that this contribution stores the customers credit card number (the first and last 4 digits) and its expiary date. It doesnt take the cvv number, as this isnt legal.

Is there a way of tweaking it so no card data gets sent to my database after it has gone off to Paypal? or is this a limitation? I'm uncomfortable storing the data as it breaks compliance rules.

Thanks a lot,

David

David,

The information is set in this block of code:

//If they're still here, and awake, set some of the order object's variables
	$order->info['cc_type'] = $cc_type;
	$order->info['cc_number'] = substr($cc_number, 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($cc_number) - 8)) . substr($cc_number, -4);
	$order->info['cc_owner'] = $cc_first_name . ' ' . $cc_last_name;
	$order->info['cc_expires'] = $cc_expdate_month . substr($cc_expdate_year, -2);

I would change the card number line to store only the last four digits, which is common practice, and I believe permissible under PCI rules. This helps the card owner identify which card was used. Delete or comment out the last line to prevent storage of the expiry date.

$order->info['cc_number'] = str_repeat('X', (strlen($cc_number) - 4)) . substr($cc_number, -4);

--Glen

David,

The information is set in this block of code:

//If they're still here, and awake, set some of the order object's variables
	$order->info['cc_type'] = $cc_type;
	$order->info['cc_number'] = substr($cc_number, 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($cc_number) - 8)) . substr($cc_number, -4);
	$order->info['cc_owner'] = $cc_first_name . ' ' . $cc_last_name;
	$order->info['cc_expires'] = $cc_expdate_month . substr($cc_expdate_year, -2);

I would change the card number line to store only the last four digits, which is common practice, and I believe permissible under PCI rules. This helps the card owner identify which card was used. Delete or comment out the last line to prevent storage of the expiry date.

$order->info['cc_number'] = str_repeat('X', (strlen($cc_number) - 4)) . substr($cc_number, -4);

--Glen

Glen, thanks so much for taking the time to give me that solution. I have implemented this and will see if it works on the next order.

Hi All

We have recently started selling downloads of a software on our site along with our physical products... but what we have noticed is that when someone purchases a download from us and pays with this module, no tax is added to the order. This I believe is because there is no shipping address required, so all the address fields are empty when it comes back from paypal as paid.

Is there a hack or change I can do to make this work properly.?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi All

We have recently started selling downloads of a software on our site along with our physical products... but what we have noticed is that when someone purchases a download from us and pays with this module, no tax is added to the order. This I believe is because there is no shipping address required, so all the address fields are empty when it comes back from paypal as paid.

Is there a hack or change I can do to make this work properly.?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Tony,

What version of the PayPal WPP module are you using? You can get it by examining the code of the payment module itself, or later versions display it on the settings page in the admin.

Is tax applied when users purchase the software download with other payment modules, or is this a global issue?

--Glen

Tony,

What version of the PayPal WPP module are you using? You can get it by examining the code of the payment module itself, or later versions display it on the settings page in the admin.

Is tax applied when users purchase the software download with other payment modules, or is this a global issue?

--Glen

He Glen

When I do this with cheque it works fine... the WPP module also does debit cards as well as express checkout, and the only 2 occurances of this have both been paid via express... but I dont think this will happen with debit/credit card as the address will have already been pre-populated.

Version is v 1.0.3

He Glen

When I do this with cheque it works fine... the WPP module also does debit cards as well as express checkout, and the only 2 occurances of this have both been paid via express... but I dont think this will happen with debit/credit card as the address will have already been pre-populated.

Version is v 1.0.3

Tony,

Can you test it using a debit or credit card? You don't have to complete the transaction; the tax should show up on the confirmation page if it is working correctly.

--Glen

Tony,

Can you test it using a debit or credit card? You don't have to complete the transaction; the tax should show up on the confirmation page if it is working correctly.

--Glen

Hi Glen

Yep, works fine on credit/debit card

I have just upgraded from Version 0.7 and after a bit of fidling i have got it working and taking payments, but there seems to be a problem on the chechout_shipping.php in that the shipping address does not show.

We have the arrow and the title saying Shipping Address, but no actual address.

this showed before the upgrade.

a screen shot is here

http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/images/...ut_shipping.php screenshot.jpg

I can still checkout but it reverts to the billing address.

when doing the upgrade, i removed all instances of the old version and then did a clean install.

Any help woud be great.

zappautomation

I have just upgraded from Version 0.7 and after a bit of fidling i have got it working and taking payments, but there seems to be a problem on the chechout_shipping.php in that the shipping address does not show.

We have the arrow and the title saying Shipping Address, but no actual address.

this showed before the upgrade.

a screen shot is here

http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/images/...0screenshot.jpg

I can still checkout but it reverts to the billing address.

when doing the upgrade, i removed all instances of the old version and then did a clean install.

Any help woud be great.

Gary,

Does this happen during a credit card transaction, express checkout, or both? Also, have you compared your checkout_shipping.php against the one provided in the contribution? I use Beyond Compare to do side-by-side comparisons of files to see what has changed, but there are other tools that can be used.

--Glen

Thanks for the reply.

The checkout shipping page is the first page you get to after loging in after clicking on the checkout button, so this screen is before you select the payment type.

I have compared it to the page i had before i added the version 0.7 and could not see any obviose issues, but will have a look at it against the version in the contribution.

Gary,

Does this happen during a credit card transaction, express checkout, or both? Also, have you compared your checkout_shipping.php against the one provided in the contribution? I use Beyond Compare to do side-by-side comparisons of files to see what has changed, but there are other tools that can be used.

--Glen

zappautomation

Thanks for the reply.

The checkout shipping page is the first page you get to after loging in after clicking on the checkout button, so this screen is before you select the payment type.

I have compared it to the page i had before i added the version 0.7 and could not see any obviose issues, but will have a look at it against the version in the contribution.

You are correct, of course; my question should have asked whether you used the osCommerce checkout button or the "Checkout with PayPal" button for Express Checkout. Both should appear on your shopping cart page.

thanks Steve,

i dont have an express chechout button, infact the /includes/header.php has not been modified from its current form.

I was under the usumption that the header.php was just modified to show the links?

This happens when i click on the checkout button on the home page.

Thanks

You are correct, of course; my question should have asked whether you used the osCommerce checkout button or the "Checkout with PayPal" button for Express Checkout. Both should appear on your shopping cart page.

zappautomation

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

i integrated my site with the live paypal environment ,using Direct Payment gives me following error

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Gateway Decline (15004)

This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number.

am i missing something ??

i integrated my site with the live paypal environment ,using Direct Payment gives me following error

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Gateway Decline (15004)

This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number.

am i missing something ??

This message usually means that your bank approved the transaction, but PayPal didn't let it go through due to some data not matching. While it says that you typed in the wrong card verification number (card security code; three digits from the signature panel of the card), this message also appears if the expiry date is entered incorrectly.

I seem to recall that it can also appear if all the information is good, but the card fails a risk control test. You may need to have PayPal enable the Risk Controls feature on your account to gain control over this type of problem.