• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Please... somebody? I am truly at my witts end here. Ive been dealing with this problem for 3 days and cant get a single person to respond. At this point I will even pay someone to assist me in fixing it. Ive done 4 osc installs this week. all with the same problem after installing this contrib. I even did another clean install today and only installed this contrib with the same result. I cant fathom how nobody else has not had this issue. It has something to do with the modification to the admin order.php. Once that file gets edited there goes my access to my orders via admin. I get

line 13 in order.php

class order {

I read something about it possibly being delcared somewhere else but that doesnt help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will pay or donate to this contrib if I can get this resolved.

This usually means that you have two include files that both include the order class.

The WPP module works fine with osC MS2, osC RC1, and it should work on osC RC2a, though I haven't personally installed it on RC2a. What are you installing it on? What other contributions are installed?

--Glen

Im running 2.2 RC2a. The contribs I was originally trying to get it to work with were "Purchase Without Password #355, Discount Coupon #4269 and Price Break #1242". So if the issue is another include file is using class order does this mean that this PayPal contrib needs to dedicated to order class? Its a crying shame because paypal transaction work perfect on the site. I just cant access orders in admin.

Im running 2.2 RC2a. The contribs I was originally trying to get it to work with were "Purchase Without Password #355, Discount Coupon #4269 and Price Break #1242". So if the issue is another include file is using class order does this mean that this PayPal contrib needs to dedicated to order class? Its a crying shame because paypal transaction work perfect on the site. I just cant access orders in admin.

Since the problem is a redeclared order class when you load admin/orders.php, the simplest answer will probably be to comment out the include at the top of the file.

In admin/orders.php, find this line and comment it out:

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

It will be near the top of the file, in the section that is clearly marked "PayPal WPP Modification". In my copy, it is line 19. That should fix your problem.

Because this doesn't affect most users, I can only assume that some other contribution that you have installed also adds this line, either directly, or through an include file.

--Glen

Since the problem is a redeclared order class when you load admin/orders.php, the simplest answer will probably be to comment out the include at the top of the file.

In admin/orders.php, find this line and comment it out:

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

It will be near the top of the file, in the section that is clearly marked "PayPal WPP Modification". In my copy, it is line 19. That should fix your problem.

Because this doesn't affect most users, I can only assume that some other contribution that you have installed also adds this line, either directly, or through an include file.

--Glen

After commenting that line i got

Fatal error: Class 'order' not found in /home/ghirsch/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php on line 17

Im already to give up on trying to get this to work with the other contribs. I just did an additional clean vanilla install of osC 2.2 RC2a. No other contribs are installed. Im still having an issue getting this going. Im now getting a red banner at the top saying Internal Error when I try to process a transaction.

After commenting that line i got

Im already to give up on trying to get this to work with the other contribs. I just did an additional clean vanilla install of osC 2.2 RC2a. No other contribs are installed. Im still having an issue getting this going. Im now getting a red banner at the top saying Internal Error when I try to process a transaction.

Then you will have to put that back in and figure out where the other use of the orders class lies. It will be somewhere below this line:

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php');

"Internal error" probably comes from invalid settings. Or you didn't upload your certificate file.

This contribution has been around since 2005 and works for many users without significant problems. If you need assistance getting it to work beyond the answers I can provide here in the forums, you may contact me privately.

--Glen

Run some small test transactions against the live server. That's the only way you know if it works correctly on your server. If you set the transaction mode to "Authorization" rather than "Sale", even successful transactions won't take money out of the card you use. The store will be charged $0.30 at the end of the month for each authorization that doesn't result in a sale, but it doesn't take money off your card. It does temporarily eat up your available balance or credit limit until the authorization expires or is voided.

--Glen

O i was unaware of that ....Thanks for the valuable information mate :-)

Edited by jigar.tanna

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

I am trying to use express checkout ,after confirming payment on the Paypal site ...it always redirects me to the Login.php page instead of checkout_confirmation.php page leaving order processing incomplete ....on making a Cancel request ,Paypal redirects me to my site but logs me off ....any clue how do i fix them?

Edited by jigar.tanna

I am trying to use express checkout ,after confirming payment on the Paypal site ...it always redirects me to the Login.php page instead of checkout_confirmation.php page leaving order processing incomplete ....on making a Cancel request ,Paypal redirects me to my site but logs me off ....any clue how do i fix them?

This is sometimes caused by a problem with PHP. To diagnose, go into Admin->Tools->Server Info, and find the variable '_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"]' in the PHP Variables section. Please report the value and I should be able to tell you what to change.

--Glen

This is sometimes caused by a problem with PHP. To diagnose, go into Admin->Tools->Server Info, and find the variable '_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"]' in the PHP Variables section. Please report the value and I should be able to tell you what to change.

--Glen

_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] = /catalog/admin/server_info.php

That's what it should be.

Someone posted a fix for a similar problem here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=1395526

Please let me know if it fixes your issue.

--Glen

As posted in the forum I replaced $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL',true,false);

with [ $temp_return_link = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), '', 'SSL'); $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=express_checkout';]

After making above changes I choose to check-out with EC and on confirming payment on PayPal site and it redirects me to checkout_payment.php page (instead of checkout_confirmation.php) where it displays me a message "You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!" on clicking Continue button on checkout_payment.php page it gives me a error saying "Please select a payment method for your order". Again with second confirmation on PayPal site it redirects me to checkout_payment.php but now when I click "Continue button" it takes me to the checkout_confirmation.php and then it works fine

Should I change the PayPal return url parameter(to say checkout_confirmation.php) ?

[Currently it is https://mysite/catalog/checkout_payment.php...xpress_checkout]

Also, Cancel request was giving some error but after replacing $order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] = tep_href_link($redirect_path, $redirect_attr, 'SSL',true,false); With [$temp_cancel_link = tep_href_link(basename($redirect_path), '', 'SSL'); $order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] = $temp_cancel_link . '&'. $redirect_attr;] it works as expected.

As posted in the forum I replaced $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'action=express_checkout', 'SSL',true,false);

with [ $temp_return_link = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), '', 'SSL'); $order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = $temp_return_link . '&action=express_checkout';]

Try changing "&" to "&". It should be "&" to be correct HTML, but you would have to modify tep_href_link to strip it back out.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Try changing "&" to "&". It should be "&" to be correct HTML, but you would have to modify tep_href_link to strip it back out.

--Glen

i tried changing "&" to "&" but it dosen work .... i saw it is executing ec_step2() after returning from Paypal site ....

i tried changing "&" to "&" but it dosen work .... i saw it is executing ec_step2() after returning from Paypal site ....

it gives me error in payment_confirmation.php page over here

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {

logToFile("Inside checkout_counfirmation.php");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));

}

i get $$payment object as null.....

I'm getting the following error now - "unable to set certificate file (wrong password?) (Error No. 58)"

Has to do with the SSL cert? Or the PEM file? Clueless and appreciative of any help here.

Thanks,

cc

Running OSC 2.2-MS2, PHP 4.3.10 w/Curl

Have installed and upon returning to the site from paypal all of the payment options are still available, what would the problem be, has this been addressed before.

Thanks

Really interested in this contribution, as I am only using the standard PayPal module that came with osC.

I just wondered if anyone could help me with some questions before I install it:

1. we receive transactions in USD, GBP, EUR and AUD. As far as I understand this contribution automatically converts everything to the selected currency. For our case, USD->GBP, EUR->GBP and AUD->GBP. Am I correct? If so, would I be able to turn off this auto conversion? I like doing the conversions myself manually.

2. Say I have selected GBP and I received an order in USD. With the auto conversion, it would leave me nothing but GBP in our account. However, if I need to issue a refund (full or partial) to this transaction, what would happen, considering I no longer have the money in USD? Would Paypal take money from my GBP account and convert it to USD? If this is the case, we might lose money over the exchange, right?

3. It says that selecting "Authorization" as the payment action would avoid fraudulent orders. Why would it help?

4. Automatic Currency Value Updater is recommended and it gets exchange rates from the International Monetary Fund, which would be quite different to PayPal's rates. Am I correct?

Thanks.

Really interested in this contribution, as I am only using the standard PayPal module that came with osC.

I just wondered if anyone could help me with some questions before I install it:

Before we get too deeply into the details, in what country is your PayPal account created? This module works only with PayPal accounts created in US, UK, and Canada.

--Glen

Before we get too deeply into the details, in what country is your PayPal account created? This module works only with PayPal accounts created in US, UK, and Canada.

--Glen

UK.

Thanks.

1. we receive transactions in USD, GBP, EUR and AUD. As far as I understand this contribution automatically converts everything to the selected currency. For our case, USD->GBP, EUR->GBP and AUD->GBP. Am I correct? If so, would I be able to turn off this auto conversion? I like doing the conversions myself manually.

The module is currently set up to accept payments in one currency. I'm not certain what happens when a customer views his prices in your shop in one currency, but pays in another. I do know that when a customer's credit card (or PayPal) account uses a currency different from the shop's currency, PayPal does the currency conversion automagically. PayPal charges a higher rate for transactions that include a currency translation.

2. Say I have selected GBP and I received an order in USD. With the auto conversion, it would leave me nothing but GBP in our account. However, if I need to issue a refund (full or partial) to this transaction, what would happen, considering I no longer have the money in USD? Would Paypal take money from my GBP account and convert it to USD? If this is the case, we might lose money over the exchange, right?

This happens from time to time for me. I issue refunds in USD for international customers and PayPal handles the currency exchange. I do not know that happens if the exchange rate is different on the day I do the refund. There may be something in the PayPal documentation on this. For a full refund, I would expect PayPal to unwind both sides of the transaction at the original rate, but I do not know whether this is how they actually work, or if there are currency conversion losses on a refund.

3. It says that selecting "Authorization" as the payment action would avoid fraudulent orders. Why would it help?

Where do you find this statement? I think it says that requiring verified addresses for PayPal customers avoids fraudulent orders. Authorization requires an additional step to collect the payment, and it allows you to adjust the total for variances in shipping costs when you finalize the transaction. It also handles the case where shipping may not occur immediately after the order is placed. This can help keep you in compliance with requirements that you ship within a fixed period of time after collecting funds.

4. Automatic Currency Value Updater is recommended and it gets exchange rates from the International Monetary Fund, which would be quite different to PayPal's rates. Am I correct?

Yes, it is possible for rates to vary. For a consistent customer experience, you should display prices in the same currency that you charge; otherwise there will be conversion errors between the displayed total and what the customer actually pays if the exchange rates are not consistent.

For this reason, I believe that this module as currently set up would not be acceptable for your multi-currency shop. For your shop, I believe that it would be prudent to modify the module to accept all of the currencies that you use in your shop, and charge each transaction in the displayed currency. Then you could handle the conversion as you currently do. This may be a complex change and would require extensive testing to verify that it works as expected.

--Glen

The module is currently set up to accept payments in one currency. I'm not certain what happens when a customer views his prices in your shop in one currency, but pays in another. I do know that when a customer's credit card (or PayPal) account uses a currency different from the shop's currency, PayPal does the currency conversion automagically. PayPal charges a higher rate for transactions that include a currency translation.

This happens from time to time for me. I issue refunds in USD for international customers and PayPal handles the currency exchange. I do not know that happens if the exchange rate is different on the day I do the refund. There may be something in the PayPal documentation on this. For a full refund, I would expect PayPal to unwind both sides of the transaction at the original rate, but I do not know whether this is how they actually work, or if there are currency conversion losses on a refund.

Where do you find this statement? I think it says that requiring verified addresses for PayPal customers avoids fraudulent orders. Authorization requires an additional step to collect the payment, and it allows you to adjust the total for variances in shipping costs when you finalize the transaction. It also handles the case where shipping may not occur immediately after the order is placed. This can help keep you in compliance with requirements that you ship within a fixed period of time after collecting funds.

Yes, it is possible for rates to vary. For a consistent customer experience, you should display prices in the same currency that you charge; otherwise there will be conversion errors between the displayed total and what the customer actually pays if the exchange rates are not consistent.

For this reason, I believe that this module as currently set up would not be acceptable for your multi-currency shop. For your shop, I believe that it would be prudent to modify the module to accept all of the currencies that you use in your shop, and charge each transaction in the displayed currency. Then you could handle the conversion as you currently do. This may be a complex change and would require extensive testing to verify that it works as expected.

--Glen

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

I shall give it a go tomorrow. As for the exchange rates, I'm sure I can update them manually everyday.

My biggest worry is the possible money loss over exchange when I do part/full refunds in other currencies but I guess I will find out soon.

Thank you.

I have Login and Logoff for OSCommerce Administrators installed in my catalog and I need to know what pages are opened when you hit "Issue Refund" and "Add Charges" on the orders page in admin. I need to add these files to the File Access.

Thanks,

Scott

/catalog/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_charge.php

/catalog/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_refund.php

Also:

/catalog/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_capture.php

(if you are using the Authorization and Capture mode of operation)

--Glen

I get the error " Fatal error: Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /home/camping/public_html/cec_eu/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php on line 19 "

when I click on Orders

Any thoughts?

I get the error " Fatal error: Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /home/camping/public_html/cec_eu/admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php on line 19 "

when I click on Orders

Any thoughts?

You have put the shop's includes/paypal_wpp folder into the admin. Go back to the distribution and find the admin/includes/paypal_wpp folder and put it in admin/includes.

--Glen