osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Thanks very much!

Now onto a problem....

1. I have the Sandbox account setup.

2. I have a certificate from the account

3. I have entered the absolute path to the certificate in the config page for WPP

When I run a test, I get a message saying that the username/password is invalid.

I have the debug mode and when I look at the code that I receive in the email I see that no username or password is being sent to PayPal.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks very much!

Now onto a problem....

1. I have the Sandbox account setup.

2. I have a certificate from the account

3. I have entered the absolute path to the certificate in the config page for WPP

When I run a test, I get a message saying that the username/password is invalid.

I have the debug mode and when I look at the code that I receive in the email I see that no username or password is being sent to PayPal.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Fill in the API Username and API Password fields. Note that these are not your PayPal username and password. The API Username is available in the same place that you obtained the certificate. The API Password is created when you request API credentials. If you didn't note it somewhere, I think you'll have to request a new certificate.

Also, the sandbox and live servers use different username and password from each other. Be sure you have the correct set configured.

--Glen

I just installed PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout v1.04 and my billing address is blank on the checkout_payment.php page. How do I fix this? When I try to enter a credit card for direct payments it tells me:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10561)

There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address.

I just installed PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout v1.04 and my billing address is blank on the checkout_payment.php page. How do I fix this? When I try to enter a credit card for direct payments it tells me:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

Invalid Data (10561)

There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address.

A common cause of this problem is the lack of SSL support on your server. You must be able to send and receive data securely for this module to work. Do your checkout pages begin with "https://"?

--Glen

A common cause of this problem is the lack of SSL support on your server. You must be able to send and receive data securely for this module to work. Do your checkout pages begin with "https://"?

--Glen

yes, I have SSL support. My checkout pages begin with https://. Is there anything else that could cause this?

yes, I have SSL support. My checkout pages begin with https://. Is there anything else that could cause this?

Did you run the diagnostics? Did it report any errors?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that you may have missed an edit somewhere along the line.

--Glen

Did you run the diagnostics? Did it report any errors?

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that you may have missed an edit somewhere along the line.

--Glen

My diagnostics said

Did PayPal respond without errors? (If not, errors are below) No

Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Installation Incomplete!

Review and resolve the errors above and run this script again

I managed to get the billing address fixed by redoing the checkout_payment.php page. I'm still getting the following error though:

Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Sometimes when I go to the checkout_confirmation.php page it goes blank. Other times everything works fine. Why is it doing that?

IP Error??

I havent seen any topics or anything like this error

It has to be something small that is wrong, maybe in my admin settings

http://pawsitivecomfort.ca/error.jpg

Now I get this every time I click the checkout with paypal link

Any suggestions?

I have no ideas whatsoever

This error most likely comes from cURL, which is the application residing on your web server that sends messages to PayPal. Either you don't have permission to use it, or your host requires that you use a cURL proxy server. Consult with your hosting service's tech support department for their procedure on using cURL. If they use a proxy, get the address, then enter it in the "Proxy Address" setting for the module.

--Glen

I am a complete beginner at this but have managed to install and configure OSCommerce and PayPal Website Payment Pro etc with the the help of the excellent downloads and advice on this site. Everything works, however somehow during my final stages of adding PayPal_WPP_1.0.4 I appear to have lost a link to the Administration, Customer Order screen by which I should be able to view customers orders. All I get when clicking on the Orders in the Administration function is the dialog box asking if I want to SAVE or OPEN the ORDERS.PHP file. Any idea's as to what I have done wrong or forgotten to do - please remember I am not technical, but to get this far I think I've performed a few miracles! Many Thanks.

This error most likely comes from cURL, which is the application residing on your web server that sends messages to PayPal. Either you don't have permission to use it, or your host requires that you use a cURL proxy server. Consult with your hosting service's tech support department for their procedure on using cURL. If they use a proxy, get the address, then enter it in the "Proxy Address" setting for the module.

--Glen

Hey Glen,

So here's the e-mail I received from the host sentex

Hi,

We do not have a CURL proxy server setup. If there is a certain port

that you need opened we can open it up.

I believe there is an older version of paypal_express.php that does

not require the proxy server

Does this basically mean I'm screwed?

Hey Glen,

So here's the e-mail I received from the host sentex

Does this basically mean I'm screwed?

Matt,

You don't need a cURL proxy as long as you have permission to use cURL. Try running wpp_diagnostics.php and see what it says. You may have to work with your hosting service to allow access to the PayPal servers using cURL.

The addresses you need to access are:

api.paypal.com

api.sandbox.paypal.com

For both addresses, you need access to port 443/TCP (https).

--Glen

I am a complete beginner at this but have managed to install and configure OSCommerce and PayPal Website Payment Pro etc with the the help of the excellent downloads and advice on this site. Everything works, however somehow during my final stages of adding PayPal_WPP_1.0.4 I appear to have lost a link to the Administration, Customer Order screen by which I should be able to view customers orders. All I get when clicking on the Orders in the Administration function is the dialog box asking if I want to SAVE or OPEN the ORDERS.PHP file. Any idea's as to what I have done wrong or forgotten to do - please remember I am not technical, but to get this far I think I've performed a few miracles! Many Thanks.

That is odd. Try reinstalling the orders.php file from the original osCommerce distribution and see what happens. This module includes a replacement copy, but if yours is modified from the original in any way, you can apply the edits directly by following the instructions in the readme file.

--Glen

Matt,

You don't need a cURL proxy as long as you have permission to use cURL. Try running wpp_diagnostics.php and see what it says. You may have to work with your hosting service to allow access to the PayPal servers using cURL.

The addresses you need to access are:

api.paypal.com

api.sandbox.paypal.com

For both addresses, you need access to port 443/TCP (https).

--Glen

Thanks Glen. I've shot the host off an e-mail so this can hopefully be up soon

For the wpp disagnostics, even that gives me an error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/pawsitive/pawsitivecomfort.ca/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 312

I think this site is just doomed

That is odd. Try reinstalling the orders.php file from the original osCommerce distribution and see what happens. This module includes a replacement copy, but if yours is modified from the original in any way, you can apply the edits directly by following the instructions in the readme file.

--Glen

I've tried both these solutions (using copy and paste rather than re-typing the script to avoid typo's, however still no joy. The message I get if I try to open the file in Dreamweaver is "A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again." I also get the same results if I press the order button on the Administration - Customer screen. Is there anything else I could try? Your help is much appreciated.

how do i find out what version i have? i kno i have the newer versions installed (i'm thinking 1.0.2), but how am i certain?

also if i want to upgrade to 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 what's the procedure? for 1.0.4 it says i can just overwrite paypal_wpp.php .. what about 1.0.3?

how do i find out what version i have? i kno i have the newer versions installed (i'm thinking 1.0.2), but how am i certain?

also if i want to upgrade to 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 what's the procedure? for 1.0.4 it says i can just overwrite paypal_wpp.php .. what about 1.0.3?

You can open catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php. The version number should be displayed both in the $id string and in the variable $this->codeVersion in the class constructor, function paypal_wpp, near the top of the file.

I don't remember what changed between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, but you can check the change log in the readme file. It might be as simple as replacing paypal_wpp.php.

--Glen

You can open catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php. The version number should be displayed both in the $id string and in the variable $this->codeVersion in the class constructor, function paypal_wpp, near the top of the file.

I don't remember what changed between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, but you can check the change log in the readme file. It might be as simple as replacing paypal_wpp.php.

--Glen

ty :)

Where do you go to change the name of the return to link in PayPal? The link is working fine but I want to change the name. I have 3 sites that use the same PayPal and they all say return to Zbooks.

Also I am still getting the following error in PayPal:

Internal Error (10001)

Internal Error

Installation Incomplete!

Review and resolve the errors above and run this script again.

What does that mean?

Is it possible to use only the PayPal Express portion of this contribution?

It would take quite a bit of modification to do so. There is a PayPal Express Checkout module included in osC RC2a that provides basic functionality. Also, there is a PayPal Express Checkout IPN module that is derived from an earlier version of this contribution, by AlexStudio.

It would take quite a bit of modification to do so. There is a PayPal Express Checkout module included in osC RC2a that provides basic functionality. Also, there is a PayPal Express Checkout IPN module that is derived from an earlier version of this contribution, by AlexStudio.

Glen, it looks that you are a huge help for everybody within this string...... I need your help too.

i am trying to get just paypal express to work and have been told to do many differnt things. i downloaded a contribute for just express and it worked, the problem was paypal made a duplacate of the user account and oscommerice didnt register the tranaction so i had no idea what was bought.

so i read a post of you talking to corey saying

What I understand from this conversation is that you no longer need to use the Direct Payment portion of WPP because you have added a merchant account through authorize.net as your credit card solution, but you still need a PayPal solution that doesn't carry a monthly fee.

You may want to evaluate the following modules to replace WPP in your MS2 shop:

PayPal Express Checkout by hpdl

PayPal Express Checkout IPN by AlexStudio

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module For 2.2MS2

i took your advice and try installing PayPal Express Checkout by hpdl and everything was working till i tryed going from paypal back to my site

and all i got was a blank screen and this in my address bar

https://www.mysite.com/ext/modules/payment/...D=FZNHLQTBLPXSW

i have tryed everything and i still have nothing.

i am going to see if i cant get the other contribute to work and see where that takes me PayPal Express Checkout IPN by AlexStudio.

all i need is to get paypal express to work.. please help

i took your advice and try installing PayPal Express Checkout by hpdl and everything was working till i tryed going from paypal back to my site

and all i got was a blank screen and this in my address bar

https://www.mysite.com/ext/modules/payment/...D=FZNHLQTBLPXSW

sorry the url was http then mysite then this

ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php?osC_Action=retrieve&token=EC-12F891466S355980W&PayerID=FZNHLQTBLPXSW