• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Thanks so much Glen, that's really fantastic!

I did have another question actually: is there an easy way to combine the first and last name fields for direct payment, so that you have one field ('Name as it appears on the credit card') instead ? I think that's a more common approach nowadays. Currently it only checks that you've entered something and accepts the payment even if you just enter your first name, which is not that nice.

Thanks again.

It would not be easy. The billing name/address comes from the address book, which separates first and last names. The information is concatenated and sent to PayPal as a single string, though.

The JavaScript validation checks that the name is at least as long as "Credit Card Owner Name" in Admin->Configuration->Minimum Values. The default value is 3, so "A B" fails, but "Ai B" passes. The space between first and last names is not counted. You might want to increase the minimum length a bit. I would set it to 4, so that "Jo Li" would pass. Perhaps the test could be made such that the first and last names are tested individually, but if you make the minimum length too long, people who use first initials will fail the test.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Can anyone throw any light on this error please? i can take payments using Pro on the site but in admin when i go to look at customers/orders i just get 'Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line183'

To get rid of the error so i can see customers/orders in admin, i removed absolutely everything from line 183 onwards in the file admin/includes/classes/order.php this gets rid of the error and allows me to see orders but doesnt allow me to process refunds/extra charges in admin.

I'm using Oscommerce RC2 which came with PayPal Direct Payments and Express Checkout already installed. My problem is that I've already got two sites which use the PayPal API certificate so I cannot get a PayPal API signature for my site. PayPal won't let me have both the signature and the certificate. Is there anyway I can change the pre-installed PayPal that came on my oscommerce RC2 site to accept the API certificate instead of the API signature? If not, exactly how to do I go about uninstalling the PayPal Direct Payments and the Express Checkout that came on my site so that I can use the PayPal Pro Direct Payments and Express Checkout 0.8.2 Contribution by dynamoeffects which is what I have on my other two sites. And would that contribution work on oscommerce RC2?

I'm using Oscommerce RC2 which came with PayPal Direct Payments and Express Checkout already installed. My problem is that I've already got two sites which use the PayPal API certificate so I cannot get a PayPal API signature for my site. PayPal won't let me have both the signature and the certificate. Is there anyway I can change the pre-installed PayPal that came on my oscommerce RC2 site to accept the API certificate instead of the API signature?

Yes, it is possible. I have added API certificate and cURL proxy support to the RC2 Express Checkout module. Discussion of this is beyond the scope of this topic.

If not, exactly how to do I go about uninstalling the PayPal Direct Payments and the Express Checkout that came on my site so that I can use the PayPal Pro Direct Payments and Express Checkout 0.8.2 Contribution by dynamoeffects which is what I have on my other two sites. And would that contribution work on oscommerce RC2?

For each of the RC2 modules, click "Remove" in Admin->Modules->Payment. It isn't necessary, but if you want to remove them completely, go into catalog/includes/modules/payment/ and delete the files paypal_express.php and paypal_direct.php. You can also delete the language files for these two modules from /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/.

Then follow the instructions for installing this contribution. I would recommend using the latest (v1.0.3) version, rather than 0.8.2.

--Glen

Yes, it is possible. I have added API certificate and cURL proxy support to the RC2 Express Checkout module. Discussion of this is beyond the scope of this topic.

For each of the RC2 modules, click "Remove" in Admin->Modules->Payment. It isn't necessary, but if you want to remove them completely, go into catalog/includes/modules/payment/ and delete the files paypal_express.php and paypal_direct.php. You can also delete the language files for these two modules from /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/.

Then follow the instructions for installing this contribution. I would recommend using the latest (v1.0.3) version, rather than 0.8.2.

--Glen

So you don't have to delete anything out of any of the files like the checkout_payment.php, checkout_process.php, etc.?

So you don't have to delete anything out of any of the files like the checkout_payment.php, checkout_process.php, etc.?

No. The modules written by hpdl are very simple implementations. They rely on the shop owner to comply the "must install Express Checkout when using Direct Payments" rule from PayPal. I guess that PayPal has blessed this strategy, but back in the day when the dynamoeffects module was written, PayPal was very heavy handed in requiring that modules be written in such a way as to combine the two features, to ensure that they were installed together. Several Direct Payments-only modules were pulled from the contribution archive for violating this rule.

There is a new feature in RC2 that will display an alternate payment button in the shopping cart for any payment method that implements the function checkout_initialization_method(), but the dynamoeffects module doesn't use it. You will have to follow the installation instructions for this module to display the Express Checkout button in shopping_cart.php.

--Glen

Problem: Express Checkout works correctly, but Direct Payments never actually send payment.

The process reaches checkout_success.php with no errors, however the credit card is never charged and paypal shows no payments made.

WPP v1.0.3 by dynamoeffects is the only payment module enabled

Everything is running live (not sandbox) using multiple real credit cards

SSL is enabled and working

wpp_diagnostics shows all OK

Debug mode is ON and sends no emails

My PayPal account has Website Payments Pro/Virtual Terminal paid

The orders show up in the admin, but have:

Transaction Type: CHARGE

Payment Type: NONE

Payment Status: NONE

AVS Code: Error

CVV2 Code: Error

Possible problems:

IPN is OFF in the PayPal profile IPN preferences (wrong?)

PDT is OFF in the PayPal Website Payment Preferences (wrong?)

Any other ideas?

Edited by bunnyboy

Bit more info: I set PAYPAL_WPP_IPN_DEBUG = true, yet there are no debugging messages. Something failing before it gets to that point?

If debug emails are on, check "E-Mail Address" in Admin->Configuration->My Store. This is where debug emails are sent.

It isn't anything to do with your PayPal IPN and PDT settings.

--Glen

If debug emails are on, check "E-Mail Address" in Admin->Configuration->My Store. This is where debug emails are sent.

It isn't anything to do with your PayPal IPN and PDT settings.

--Glen

The debug emails (which work) and that setting are different things. No debug emails are sent because it doesn't believe there is an error. The PAYPAL_WPP_IPN_DEBUG setting is in the paypal_wpp_ipn.php and looks like it should be outputting a message for each step to the webpage in html.

Hi all,

I really need some help!

After weeks of trying to get a different paypal module to work I was directed to this one. I installed it and the direct part is now working perfectly but when I try to pay by Express it takes me to paypal but then crashes as I try to pay. In IE it goes to page not found and in firefox jumps back to the login page. I'm pretty sure it must be something to do with how my paths are set up but I don't know enough to be able to figure out what's wrong or how to fix it..

I'm under a lot of pressure as PayPal are going to suspend the account if the site is not live by Friday. Can anybody please help??

Thanks,

Helen

Hi all,

I really need some help!

After weeks of trying to get a different paypal module to work I was directed to this one. I installed it and the direct part is now working perfectly but when I try to pay by Express it takes me to paypal but then crashes as I try to pay. In IE it goes to page not found and in firefox jumps back to the login page. I'm pretty sure it must be something to do with how my paths are set up but I don't know enough to be able to figure out what's wrong or how to fix it..

I'm under a lot of pressure as PayPal are going to suspend the account if the site is not live by Friday. Can anybody please help??

Thanks,

Helen

You will have to review your installation steps. Please tell us about your server environment. Anything that can help us diagnose your issue.

In particular, have you installed any other payment modules or anything that might affect the order total? (discounts, coupons, etc.)

What version of osC are you running? (Most likely RC2a if this is a new store.)

--Glen

You will have to review your installation steps. Please tell us about your server environment. Anything that can help us diagnose your issue.

In particular, have you installed any other payment modules or anything that might affect the order total? (discounts, coupons, etc.)

What version of osC are you running? (Most likely RC2a if this is a new store.)

--Glen

The site is hosted on FastHosts but to utilise the ssl security it is installed on both the normal server and a shared secure server. This could be the cause of the problem but I'm not skilled enough to know.

I have had a previous PayPal module installed but I replaced it in favour of this one. I do have a coupon module installed and have modified the appearance too so very carefully went through all the code changes required on my current files.

The version is v2.2 RC2

Thank you for your help!

Edited by lenesi

So close...till the express checkout, and I really need to get this up by tomorrow!

So everything seems good, I followed all the steps and when I'm in my shopping cart, and click the express checkout I get an error

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /home/pawsitive/pawsitivecomfort.ca/public_html/shopincludes/wpp_xml/ !

(setExpressCheckout.xml)

Now I see the shopincludes should be shop/includes, but even in the folders i downloaded, the folder i need to place is paypal_wpp/xml, not just wpp_xml like it's looking for

I'm sure this is a simple fix, and any help would be amazing

Thanks

So it seems the whole shopincludes part is affecting the direct payment too

I know it should be shop/includes but I don't know where to be looking to change it

Any help please?? This is killing me

I answered a question about a week ago about the same problem. You can find the answer here.

--Glen

Did you double check your configure files to make sure the paths are correct (I would assume so since this seems to be the only thing not getting the path right)? That is where you should start. You may want to post it here (without the login info) so someone could take a look at it.

***sniped by Glen*** :)

Edited by vicster

The site is hosted on FastHosts but to utilise the ssl security it is installed on both the normal server and a shared secure server. This could be the cause of the problem but I'm not skilled enough to know.

I have had a previous PayPal module installed but I replaced it in favour of this one. I do have a coupon module installed and have modified the appearance too so very carefully went through all the code changes required on my current files.

The version is v2.2 RC2

Thank you for your help!

Did you run wpp_diagnostics.php? Did it come up clean?

--Glen

Unable to figure out the previous problem, I made a brand new install with only osc 2.2rc2a and wpp 1.0.4. All modified files taken directly from wpp 1.0.4, new database, new api certificate, everything running on live. wpp_diagnostics runs without errors, but direct payments fail every time with "no response from paypal" and the error dump is:

In function: before_process() - Direct Payment
Did first contact attempt return error? Nope
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------DP_DUMP-------------------------------
------------This is the information that was sent to PayPal----------
[?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?]
[soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"]
[soap:Header]
[RequesterCredentials xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"]
  [Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"]
 [Username]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/Username]
 [Password]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[/Password]
  [/Credentials]
[/RequesterCredentials]
[/soap:Header]
[soap:Body]
[TransactionSearchReq xmlns="urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI"]
  [TransactionSearchRequest]
 [Version xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents"]2.0[/Version]
 [StartDate]2009-01-20T00:00:00-0700[/StartDate]
 [Payer][email protected][/Payer]
 [Amount currencyID="USD"]69.95[/Amount]
  [/TransactionSearchRequest]
[/TransactionSearchReq]
[/soap:Body]
[/soap:Envelope]---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------FINAL_REQ-----------------------------
-------------------This is the response from PayPal------------------
Array
(
  [faultcode] => SOAP-ENV:Client
  [faultstring] => End of file or no input: 'Invalid argument'
)

---------------------------------TS_REQ------------------------------
--------Results of the transaction search if it was executed---------
Array
(
  [Security] => 
  [RequesterCredentials] => Array
   (
	   [0] => Array
		   (
			   [Credentials] => Array
				   (
					   [0] => Array
						   (
							   [Username] => 
							   [Password] => 
							   [Subject] => 
						   )
				   )
		   )
   )

[TransactionSearchResponse] => Array
   (
	   [0] => Array
		   (
			   [Timestamp] => 2009-01-21T18:35:35Z
			   [Ack] => Success
			   [CorrelationID] => 2c7566a04c48e
			   [Version] => 2.0
			   [Build] => 782942
		   )
   )
)

Is there supposed to be some credit card info in what is sent to PayPal, or does that come later?

Thanks Glen,

Got through that problem, now I'm stuck on what seems one last one :(

aghhh

When I go through the payment stage I get an error at the top, Failed to connect to 216.113.191.83: Operation not permitted (Error No. 7)

Its just in a pink box, still in my styled page

I'm not sure what it means, but I don't think its too bad....something with the config settings in my admin section??

Well here's the error I'm getting with it, click the link to see what I'm getting

I havent seen any topics or anything like this error

It has to be something small that is wrong, maybe in my admin settings

http://pawsitivecomfort.ca/error.jpg

Now I get this every time I click the checkout with paypal link

Any suggestions?

Did you run wpp_diagnostics.php? Did it come up clean?

--Glen

Hi Glen,

I managed to figure out that it was a problem with the return url sent to PayPal and found a post with a code edit that has thankfully worked.

Many thanks for your help and especially to Kevin Fyr for the fix!

Regards,

Helen

Hi,

I recently installed this contribution and it is working great! (thanks!)

But using the PayPal Direct Payment, when I put in just the correct credit card number (with the wrong card type and wrong name, etc), the transaction went through!

So I am thinking of upgrading the PayPal Fraud Management Filters (USD20 / month) to do more verifications. (Billing Address, Security Code, etc)

The questions are:

1. Is upgrading the filters the right thing to do? Any advice?

2. Is there any code change required for the upgrade to work properly?

(I read something about needing to handle the "SuccessWithWarning" return message from PayPal)

Thanks a bunch!

Yee

I'm sorry for the very retarded question, but I have followed the installation instructions (the readme HTML pages) and do not understand how to enable this module!

When I look at the available payment modules in my Admin list, I have the following:

Authorize.net Credit Card AIM

Authorize.net Credit Card SIM

Credit Card (Not For Production Use)

ChronoPay

Cash on Delivery

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) Direct Payments

PayPal Express Checkout

PayPal Website Payments Standard

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

PayPal Direct Payment

2Checkout

PSiGate

SECPay

Sofortüberweisung Direkt

WorldPay Junior

So which one of these is the correct one? I have my Sandbox account ready to go :)

Edited by RMW71