• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Recurring Payments: PayPal just added the ability to process a recuring payment through PayPal Payments Pro. Is anyone out there working on this? I'd love to help, but I have to admit I'm not much of a coder. The ability to do this would save my wife and I about 20 hours of labor per month so I'd love to see it added to the current module. The information from PayPal is here: https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...ngpayments.html

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Everyone,

I use the module: PayPal Payments Pro to do paypal payment. I am testing it. I met two problems:

1. I can not see the order details in the paypal review page. Such as: product name, total amount.

2. After I confirm the information in the paypal, it redirected me with following parameters:

action=express_checkout%7F6190703d2c67a20873789bb4f05ddf11&token=EC-17G82782AJ185180A&PayerID=R2E9FEZVNTSE2

The "action=express_checkout%7F6190703d2c67a20873789bb4f05ddf11", not "action=express_checkout". Is this right?

Please help me.

Thanks

Shawn

Hi All

I use Cre-Loaded is this compatible with my site as i've been having problems trying to find some of the code that needs to be copied and replaced etc.

If anyone has an already mod'd copy for cre-loaded it would be great have great trouble.

Or if anyone can point me toward a cre-loaded version although its based on osCommerce there is slight differences.

Many Thanks

Jim

Jt Spas

Hello,

I am new to both osCommerce and PayPal payments, so I have a question. I have a store that has the PayPal Pro contribution installed. So my question is- can I use this contribution along with the PayPal Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am new to both osCommerce and PayPal payments, so I have a question. I have a store that has the PayPal Pro contribution installed. So my question is- can I use this contribution along with the PayPal Pro?

Thanks in advance!

One more thing- which files should I back up before using the contribution? The catalog folder?

Thanks again!

I uploaded all the files to my catalog folder as per the PayPal_WPP instruction. However, when I do the check out, I still got the following error message:

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog//catalog/includes/wpp_xml/ !

(setExpressCheckout.xml)

I checked the server folder and seems like all the xml files are there and in correct folder. The only thing I can think of is the path contains extra 'catalog//catalog'. Where should I remove those path to make it work?

Also, where should I put the wpp_diagnostics.php file? Thanks.

I uploaded all the files to my catalog folder as per the PayPal_WPP instruction. However, when I do the check out, I still got the following error message:

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog//catalog/includes/wpp_xml/ !

(setExpressCheckout.xml)

I checked the server folder and seems like all the xml files are there and in correct folder. The only thing I can think of is the path contains extra 'catalog//catalog'. Where should I remove those path to make it work?

Also, where should I put the wpp_diagnostics.php file? Thanks.

It appears that your file catalog/includes/configure.php is not set up correctly. Specifically, DIR_WS_INCLUDES should have a value of 'includes/'. It appears that you may have changed it to '/catalog/includes/'. If this is not the case, post the top part of your configure.php file so that we can find the configuration error. The WPP module concatenates DIR_FS_CATALOG with DIR_WS_INCLUDES to locate the includes directory. Both of these directories must be set correctly for the module to work.

If I recall correctly, the diagnostics file goes in your catalog directory. Run it to test your installation, then delete it once you pass all the diagnostics.

--Glen

It appears that your file catalog/includes/configure.php is not set up correctly. Specifically, DIR_WS_INCLUDES should have a value of 'includes/'. It appears that you may have changed it to '/catalog/includes/'. If this is not the case, post the top part of your configure.php file so that we can find the configuration error. The WPP module concatenates DIR_FS_CATALOG with DIR_WS_INCLUDES to locate the includes directory. Both of these directories must be set correctly for the module to work.

If I recall correctly, the diagnostics file goes in your catalog directory. Run it to test your installation, then delete it once you pass all the diagnostics.

--Glen

Glen,

Please have a look of my code below from catalog/includes/configure.php:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://xxx.com'); // eg, [url="http://localhost"]http://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://xxx.com'); // eg, [url="https://localhost"]https://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', xxx.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', xxx.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_WS_MONERIS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'moneris/');

// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog/' . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
xxxx

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'configure_added.php');

Do I need to change anything in catalog/admin/includes/configure.php?

I installed diagnostics file in the catalog folder. However, I am still getting the same error.

Glen,

Please have a look of my code below from catalog/includes/configure.php:

[snip]
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
[snip]
// define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

The problem is here:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog/' . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

This evaluates to '/home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog//catalog/'

Change it to:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/thefirs2/public_html/catalog/');

or

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/thefirs2/public_html' . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

Either one will work.

--Glen

Hi,

I installed the contribution but it really doesn't like something. My site has the express checkout optoin selected, I click it go to PayPal, login and back to the checkout page to confirm price. Upon clicking confirm I get an error telling me that I haven't selected a payment option, even though at the top of the page it says I have selected PayPal Express click here to choose something else.

Also, if I try to checkout normally I cannot see any payment options unless clicking the express button. i..e PayPal direct is not available.

I went over all of the instructions twice but still can't see anything I've missed. If I enable another payment module, i.e. the built in PayPal module it shows this ok

Any clues?

Thanks

Mike

Did a bit more testing on the above, and it seems that the problem is intermittant... Sometimes it works properly, but in some kind of scenerio it returns back and shows no delivery address and also no checkout option. If you go in and edit the delivery address, the options appear again??

Few hours later and think I know the scenerio where the problem occurs. If you go to express checkout and return back to the checkout page but don't continue your order, then go back to your cart and try to checkout normally, it shows no delivery address, just a ',' and no available shipping methods :(

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong? :s

Hi Brian,

Thanks for what has obviously been a huge amount of work.

I can't believe I can't get this mod to work for me. I've had ver 0.8.2 installed a while. I hoped to update because my install would only allow existing customers to send to their verified address regardless of settings chosen in admin.

After installing 1.0.2, when you press the PayPal button, it simply refreshes the current page. No PayPal. I read in the troubleshooting that this was probably due to the cert_key_pem.txt. Checked the address repeatedly, moved the file to different dirs, downloaded a new one, no change. I finally installed the 0.9.2 and it works fine like the 0.8.2 (except existing customers still can't send to secondary addresses).

I've run the install procedures a couple of times to be sure I didn't miss anything. Can't really use the diagnostic on my dev server here because I'm using a free SSL but I did upload the whole install to my production site briefly without any change in the symptoms.

Any idea what I'm missing here? (Since moving my dev server to a Win Vista machine, my mail server won't mail me the dump file though I'm not sure one is even being created since I'm not actually going to Paypal anyway.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Few hours later and think I know the scenerio where the problem occurs. If you go to express checkout and return back to the checkout page but don't continue your order, then go back to your cart and try to checkout normally, it shows no delivery address, just a ',' and no available shipping methods :(

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong? :s

Hi Mike,

I had a similar problem at one point. Although the error indicates there's no payment method selected, I think the problem actually is no shipping method selected. I believe the problem occurs when some strange circumstance in the logic of the mod returns the customer from PayPal to the payment page without them ever having been on the shipping page. For this reason, I just always return my customers to the shipping page. It may not be the best solution, but since I don't display the PayPal button on the Payment page, it works fairly smoothly for me. If you display the PayPal button on the Payment page, it may function a little differently.

I changed the code in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php of "$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT;" to "$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING";' . I'm not a programmer, but this solution worked for me on this particular error. If anyone else knows a better solution, be sure to tell me (and Mike). ;)

Hi Mike,

I had a similar problem at one point. Although the error indicates there's no payment method selected, I think the problem actually is no shipping method selected. I believe the problem occurs when some strange circumstance in the logic of the mod returns the customer from PayPal to the payment page without them ever having been on the shipping page. For this reason, I just always return my customers to the shipping page. It may not be the best solution, but since I don't display the PayPal button on the Payment page, it works fairly smoothly for me. If you display the PayPal button on the Payment page, it may function a little differently.

I changed the code in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php of "$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT;" to "$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING";' . I'm not a programmer, but this solution worked for me on this particular error. If anyone else knows a better solution, be sure to tell me (and Mike). ;)

Thanks Art, but I think I have a slightly different issue. I get redirected to the shipping page successfully, it actually seems to be a problem with the payment address not the shipping address as I mentioned before. When I get to the page after shipping, the payment address has nothing in it and no payment options are available.

If I go in and select a payment address it gets displayed and then the payment options also get selected. Seems to be a strange bug, but not sure why the payment details would disapear for a registered user

Okay, I'm hoping someone here has come accross this before or has an answer..

I don't have any Paypal buttons on the Shopping cart, or the Shipping page - I only want the paypal button on the Payment page at the same place where they have the option to enter their credit card details. All this is fine.

The customer clicks the Express Checkout button goes to paypal, Goes to the review page, but they then go BACK to the Payment Page, the exact same page they just left which is very confusing o a customer, It then gets worse.

If they click continue they get an error about not entering their credit card details, so instead they click the Paypal Express button which takes them to a page that says

"You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!

Click Here to choose another payment method."

Now when we click 'Click here to choose another payment method' it goes back to the payment page with the browser pointing to checkout_payment.php?ec_cancel=1

With this i can then click continue and finish the process.

Why is the payment process so messed up? I don't want to return to an identical page after paypal, but the problem is i have to click the paypal express button twice, to receive an error just so i can continue!

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone?? :(

Website Payments Pro is supported by PayPal only for US and UK based accounts, so the only useful currencies are USD and UKP. There exists a PayPal Express Checkout payment module that is based on an earlier version of this module. It should work with all currencies that PayPal supports, but it does not allow you to accept credit cards directly from your shop.

--Glen

Okay, I'm hoping someone here has come accross this before or has an answer..

I don't have any Paypal buttons on the Shopping cart, or the Shipping page - I only want the paypal button on the Payment page at the same place where they have the option to enter their credit card details. All this is fine.

It is fine, except that PayPal's business rules require that you offer Express Checkout before login.

Why is the payment process so messed up? I don't want to return to an identical page after paypal, but the problem is i have to click the paypal express button twice, to receive an error just so i can continue!

Anyone have any ideas?

It is messed up because you didn't install the module according to the instructions. You have two choices. Either learn the module's internals and modify the checkout flow to do what you want (and risk having PayPal cancel your WPP access) or use the module as designed. This module was the first PayPal WPP contribution to be accepted precisely because Brian (DynamoEffects) worked hard to ensure that it complies with PayPal's business rules for the WPP product.

--Glen

It is fine, except that PayPal's business rules require that you offer Express Checkout before login.

It is messed up because you didn't install the module according to the instructions. You have two choices. Either learn the module's internals and modify the checkout flow to do what you want (and risk having PayPal cancel your WPP access) or use the module as designed. This module was the first PayPal WPP contribution to be accepted precisely because Brian (DynamoEffects) worked hard to ensure that it complies with PayPal's business rules for the WPP product.

--Glen

Thanks for the reply Glen, My post was not meant at all as a moan about the module itself, and i do appreciate the amount of time and effort put into the module.

I know its something i have done wrong on my end, so i was just looking for advice on where i may have gone wrong as i followed the instructions again to make sure i had all the required code and had the module installed completley but i still experience the error where by it tells me

"You're currently checking out with PayPal Express Checkout!

Click Here to choose another payment method."

Just hoping someone may know the cause to the problems i am experiencing.

Regards,

Hi Glen.

Wondering if you saw my post (a few ago) and if this is a bug in the contribution?

Basically if I try checking out with PayPal express and then change my mind when the user gets to the payment page the payment address is empty and there are no options to select from payment. If I go in and select a delivery address the options reoccur but its not obvious that they have to do this.

Typically it seems to work ok, just on some weird scenerio where the user changes their mind after entering their payment details and getting to the confirmation page.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mike

Module will not process Payments. Redirects back to the shipping part of the cart after payment details are given. If they choose express, they get to PayPal and then when they click "Continue" to the screen where the payment is made, it redirects back to the shipping module.

???

All Certs, SSL, Keys, etc are in place and correct.

I apologize if this has been asked before, just didn't have time to read 173 pages of posts.

Any help is appreciated.

I was wondering could I use this with "PayPal Website Payments Standard" or just their "PayPal Website Payments Pro" service? If not is there any particular Paypal module that you would suggest?