• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

For those experiencing problems with no country being returned in Express Checkouts, can you be more specific about the countries affected? All of them? I've never seen this behavior so I'll need more details to replicate it.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

For those experiencing problems with no country being returned in Express Checkouts, can you be more specific about the countries affected? All of them? I've never seen this behavior so I'll need more details to replicate it.

Brian,

It's the county for the UK, or the province in Canada; I just had one like that today. Basically, the state field is sometimes blank on Express Checkout customers.

--Glen

Hi I'm having a problem with the capture of info adn payment and return to my site.

I can select a product, choose the delivery, choose the payment (paypal express) and

after confirmation order:

It opens the paypal window for payment ok

login ok

I can see the review info and hit continue....

Problem: It takes me back to my website sign in with the following info above the login...

Note: Your "Visitors Cart" contents will be merged with your "Members Cart" contents once you have logged on. [More Info]

I login again and i'm back to where I started.

Can you help?

Hi yes it is specifically counties not countries. I check in Paypal and it is where the final line includes more than one field so it willpick this up

Poole

Dorset,

BH18

But not

Poole, Dorset

BH18

In the latter example the Dorset will be omitted.

Thanks

Perfect, thanks. Olly I'll get it fixed when I begin working on your store today.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi

I just installed this contribution as I would like to use paypal as one of my payment options. I need some help as to what I need for my server. Because I am using shared hosting at the moment it does not support SSL. I am told by my webhost to get a dedicated IP instead to support SSL. So I would like to find out what other requirements I need for this contribution to work.

Also is the SSL certificate a must have? Or can this work without a SSL certificate? Another question that was asked by my webhost was to make sure whether paypal's requirement is 'curl & openssl' only, or just 'curlssl'. I have no clue if anyone could actually please help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I just installed this contribution as I would like to use paypal as one of my payment options. I need some help as to what I need for my server. Because I am using shared hosting at the moment it does not support SSL. I am told by my webhost to get a dedicated IP instead to support SSL. So I would like to find out what other requirements I need for this contribution to work.

Also is the SSL certificate a must have? Or can this work without a SSL certificate? Another question that was asked by my webhost was to make sure whether paypal's requirement is 'curl & openssl' only, or just 'curlssl'. I have no clue if anyone could actually please help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ok I have sorted this error:

Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl (Error No. 1)

by speaking to my webhost and they have updated server into curlssl

I am getting another error:

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. (10426)

Order total is invalid.

In the installation it was suggested that the Automatic Currency Value Updater contribution is highly recommended. Would this be the solution to this error as my shopping cart is actually selling products in malaysian(MYR) currency but I still would like to give my customers with paypal accounts to use that as a payment option. Does this contribution actually convert the shopping cart total in MYR to USD?

Please correct me if I am wrong and if maybe paypal might not be available as an option to my shopping cart site.

Ok ok, I'll take a look. It's not a monsterously huge change, but I suppose it could be considered a feature by allowing authentication using both methods.

Did you had a look at this, will definitely donate.

I have been trying to solve this for months, and very diligently for the past 2 hours. My entire admin sectino is secure, I have followed both of these contributions as well:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3885

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3998

All of my admin pages are https:// in the address bar. However, when I view an order, I always see this text:

You must access your administration section through HTTPS before you can use the advanced PayPal Pro features.

:/

I am sure that my configure.php file is correct, ESPECIALLY since on that very page

(https://www.domain.com/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=145893438&action=edit) it is HTTPS, clearly, but still getting that error.

If this helps: I ran the diagnostics file found at:

https://www.domain.com/wpp_diagnostics.php

and was told that the SLL was not detected, and if it was installed, check the configure file

here is my entire configure file. Please help, thank you

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.domain.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.domain.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.domain.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/content/b/l/a/xxxx/html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

// BOF Review Images

define('DIR_WS_REVIEW_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . 'reviews/');

// EOF Review Images

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'server.domain'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'db_username');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'username');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

//newsletter products

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'templates/');

//end newsletter products

?>

Edited by fillthemup

@potatocake: Sounds like a conflict with another contribution.

@aravot: No, I haven't had any extra time lately.

@fillthemup: The problem is that GoDaddy's servers are non-standard and require a different method to check if the site is being loaded through HTTPS. Go to Tools -> Server Info and copy and paste the "Environment" box here so that I can see how GoDaddy servers show that bit of information.

I commend you for knowing right off the bat that I used GoDaddy, and thanks for a prompt reply and for still supporting your amazing contribution!

Heres the environment part:

Environment

Variable Value

SCRIPT_NAME /admin/server_info.php

PATH_TRANSLATED /home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html/admin/server_info.php

SCRIPT_FILENAME /cgi-bin/php

DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html

HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING gzip,deflate

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE en-us,en;q=0.5

HTTP_CONNECTION keep-alive

HTTP_COOKIE osCAdminID=36b60804d49daf246db3a05db2736d34; session_id=dd9ba7a67f06bb56e0253b008087d6a8; __utma=229216350.1073201050.1211246087.1211495184.1211499306.16; __utmb=229216350; __utmz=229216350.1211246087.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)

HTTP_HOST www.domain.com

HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE 300

HTTP_REFERER https://www.domain.com/admin/backup.php?selected_box=tools

HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

REMOTE_ADDR 68.41.75.134

REMOTE_PORT 62016

SCRIPT_URI https://www.domain.com/admin/server_info.php

SCRIPT_URL /admin/server_info.php

SERVER_ADMIN [email protected]

SERVER_NAME www.domain.com

SERVER_PORT 443

SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache

GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1

REQUEST_METHOD GET

QUERY_STRING no value

REQUEST_URI /admin/server_info.php

PATH_INFO /admin/server_info.php

PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

@potatocake: Sounds like a conflict with another contribution.

Hi dynamo,

I think the problem could be the fact that my products are sending a malaysian currency but the default for the paypal contribution is USD. I did install the currency converter but that didnt help either.

Anyways I had to remove the whole contribution :( as I just got a reply from Paypal that I am unable to use this contribution for my country.

Thanks alot tho for trying to help

I am however getting the following error showing at the top of the order page in admin when I attemp a refund.

Warning Refund Failed for the following reason(s):

No response was received from payment processor.

Now I was able to verify that the refund was successful in paypal, but the order page did not update with the refund information.

When I add a charge the order page does update. Only for refund do I have this problem.

I have wondered if it is on paypal's side, maybe my settings there? or something else.

Appreciate your input.

Best regards,

Robert.

Hello Robert, I am seeing the same issue just wanted to confirm the manner upon which PayPal accounts are responding with regards to the refund.

My seller account is registering the refund has been made, however the buyers account has not received the refund.

Was wondering if you have seen the same thing?

This would surly be a Sandbox issue as once the sellers account has received instructions to refund, the buyer details would be held on the Sandbox server.

Would this be the correct way of thinking?

PS Thanks for the great contibution, just started playing with it, see how we go................

PPS Sandbox is such a dog, cant believe the developement platform is so buggy!

Edited by mongoled

Hello,

i have integrated all the files from the PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support that dynamoeffects created successfully.. but dont know for some reason i am getting this error "The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.". i have google it up and search in the forum also but no one has replied to this..

I am requesting you to all the forum members that please reply to me or give me a solution to get rid of this problem.. As i M really in need of solution.

You can also email me for this solution on "[email protected]"

Please do the needful.

Thanks for looking this post.

Awaiting for the response

:(

Hi dynamo,

Any update on this?

I commend you for knowing right off the bat that I used GoDaddy, and thanks for a prompt reply and for still supporting your amazing contribution!

Heres the environment part:

Environment

Variable Value

SCRIPT_NAME /admin/server_info.php

PATH_TRANSLATED /home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html/admin/server_info.php

SCRIPT_FILENAME /cgi-bin/php

DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/content/b/l/a/xxxxx/html

HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING gzip,deflate

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE en-us,en;q=0.5

HTTP_CONNECTION keep-alive

HTTP_COOKIE osCAdminID=36b60804d49daf246db3a05db2736d34; session_id=dd9ba7a67f06bb56e0253b008087d6a8; __utma=229216350.1073201050.1211246087.1211495184.1211499306.16; __utmb=229216350; __utmz=229216350.1211246087.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)

HTTP_HOST www.domain.com

HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE 300

HTTP_REFERER https://www.domain.com/admin/backup.php?selected_box=tools

HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14

REMOTE_ADDR 68.41.75.134

REMOTE_PORT 62016

SCRIPT_URI https://www.domain.com/admin/server_info.php

SCRIPT_URL /admin/server_info.php

SERVER_ADMIN [email protected]

SERVER_NAME www.domain.com

SERVER_PORT 443

SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache

GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1

REQUEST_METHOD GET

QUERY_STRING no value

REQUEST_URI /admin/server_info.php

PATH_INFO /admin/server_info.php

PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

Express Checkout item details are not getting sent to PayPal.

Aggregate/itemize.Presently its going Aggregate can we modify the code or admin setting to get it sent itemixe for express chekout.

We are using module paypal_wpp_1.0.2 by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects).

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi everybody I have an error, with express chackout

ACK: FAILURE

CORRELATIONID: 36FD5D7B885D0

SHORTMESSAGE: SHIPPING ADDRESS INVALID CITY STATE POSTAL CODE

LONGMESSAGE: A MATCH OF THE SHIPPING ADDRESS CITY, STATE, AND POSTAL CODE FAILED.

ERRORCODE: 10736

SEVERITYCODE: ERROR

VERSION: 2.300000

BUILD: 576518

address is correct, try many other,

Do you have any ideas??

thank in advance.

Our store sales dropped off drastically in the last two days (down about 80% but was still working). However, as of night a customer emailed me with a current problem that once you press confirm the "catalog/checkout_process.php" reports a forbidden page "You do not have permission to access this document.". I have also tried a Paypal express and that did not work directing to an irregular paypal page. This was interesting, I typically use this url http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/blog?blog.id=mts_updates to verify paypal live status and it appear this is reporting the same "forbidden" message.

As I was typing this we did receive an order smile.gif , noticing it was form overseas (different paypal server?) so I went back to check the above and the direct CC payment still does not work sad.gif but the paypal express does smile.gif.

Being our sales dropped off suddenly I am thinking this is an intermittent large problem, I hope this is just a paypal api issue that will be corrected shortly. Wouldn't be nice for paypal to have a live staus / reporting forum?

Anybody have this issue or comments to add?

Our store sales dropped off drastically in the last two days (down about 80% but was still working). However, as of night a customer emailed me with a current problem that once you press confirm the "catalog/checkout_process.php" reports a forbidden page "You do not have permission to access this document.". I have also tried a Paypal express and that did not work directing to an irregular paypal page. This was interesting, I typically use this url http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/blog?blog.id=mts_updates to verify paypal live status and it appear this is reporting the same "forbidden" message.

As I was typing this we did receive an order smile.gif , noticing it was form overseas (different paypal server?) so I went back to check the above and the direct CC payment still does not work sad.gif but the paypal express does smile.gif.

Being our sales dropped off suddenly I am thinking this is an intermittent large problem, I hope this is just a paypal api issue that will be corrected shortly. Wouldn't be nice for paypal to have a live staus / reporting forum?

Anybody have this issue or comments to add?

***Slight update***

The only thing working is the paypal express payment, the direct payment has not work for us since June 6. I have check the php files and htacces files and things look fine (I think). Is this a Paypal issue?

Also, the Paypal live status link is now http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/blog?blog.id=mts_updates if that help anyone.

***Slight update***

The only thing working is the paypal express payment, the direct payment has not work for us since June 6. I have check the php files and htacces files and things look fine (I think). Is this a Paypal issue?

PayPal has been full of problems in the past couple of days. I see this on other sites besides the ones I maintain (not using this mod). FYI, they are supposed to have downtime maintainence on 6/10 at 11pm pacific (as I recall), so hopefully this gets straightened out after then. Had about 10 customers today unable to checkout and there's nothing I can do when it's an intermittent problem with PayPal express. <_<

Hi Brian,

Great Contrib. All I need now is someone to do what you have done for paypal payments, to shipping with USPS, UPS and Fedex.

And it is about time I made a donation, so I did (from pilotshop.com)

Anyway everything is working fine, even though I have a heavily modded site.

I am however getting the following error showing at the top of the order page in admin when I attemp a refund.

Warning Refund Failed for the following reason(s):

No response was received from payment processor.

Now I was able to verify that the refund was successful in paypal, but the order page did not update with the refund information.

When I add a charge the order page does update. Only for refund do I have this problem.

I have wondered if it is on paypal's side, maybe my settings there? or something else.

Appreciate your input.

Best regards,

Robert.

Hi

I too am having the same problem, I believe the problem is in the includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php file. The response I am getting from PayPal appears to be correct and the refund is completed by paypal but there is no mention of the 'SOAP-ENV' string in the response, hence the following code is returning false as if it has failed.

if ($response != '') {
	  curl_close($ch);
	  //Simple check to make sure that this is a valid response
	  if (strpos($response, 'SOAP-ENV') === false) {
		$response = false;
	  }
	  if ($response) {
		//Convert the XML into an easy-to-use associative array
		$response = $this->wpp_parse_xml($response);	   
	  }
	  return $response;

Hope somebody can confirm if this is the problem and what the resolution is, can we just remove this test or change it?

***Slight update***

Also, the Paypal live status link is now http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/blog?blog.id=mts_updates if that help anyone.

Problem fixed. Seems updates to anti-malware were installed on June 6th that conflicted with osCommerce. After reading error logs and contacting our host they where able to resolve the problem.

I have an update that fixes the refund issues and a few other problems reported. This will also have better support for stores with "Display Price with Tax" set to true. I'll release it today after this problem is resolved.

@fillthemup: About line 582 in admin/includes/paypal_wpp/paypal_wpp_include.php, change this (obvious bug in this line):

if (!$_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on' && !$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] != 443) {

to this:

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] != 443) {

@jackcobain: I need more information about what you're entering into the fields. Are you leaving any blank?

@moda: You're not using this contribution, so I couldn't help.

@dark_tyrant: You can process credit cards without sending the user to PayPal, or use Express Checkout, which works like IPN except it's more reliable.