• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Thanks for your help Brian. I uploaded wpp_diagnostics and ran the page....nothing. Just a white screen.

I did some more research and found out my cURL proxy (godaddy) was set wrong. I fixed that and wpp_diagnostics returned a report that everything was great.

I ran a few more test orders but again, nothing seems to be going through. Paypal has not updated account activity with information about any transactions. Unless this takes a long time, I think something is still wrong but I have no idea what. I also enabled "debug" mode but have not received any emails stating that transactions failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for this module and your assistance!

====================================

SavvyShooter.com: Scopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and other accessories

If wpp_diagnostics.php reports that everything is correct, then it honestly sounds like you're entering your information into the wrong fields on the payment page. That or it's depositing the money into your sandbox account and you're looking on your regular PayPal account or vice versa.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hello,

I have been looking for a possible solution to my problem in this forum with no avail. I am hoping that someone here has a possible fix for this. :thumbsup:

We have no problems receiving orders, payments, etc. The problem we are having is with the phone number returned. We have it set to Require the phone number in our PayPal account settings, and can see that the number is being returned to the database in customers_paypal_payerid. Where we are having problems is that the number isn't transfered to the orders.php page or the orders table in the DB for that matter.

This wouldn't be any issue if we werent using FedEx Automated labels, but we are and they require that a phone number be present in the orders DB.

Any Ideas?

If you just have Safe URLs turned on with no other URL formatting contribution installed, you're better off just leaving it off. It offers no SEO value to your store.

I've installed this contribution on stores with either of the two popular URL rewriting contributions installed without problem, so I think this is a problem with the SEF URL setting. You should either disable it or install Chemo's or another URL rewriter.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I am still having problems with this. I did setup the wpp_diagnostics.php file and I am getting Page Cannont Be Displayed. I am also on a GoDaddy hosting plan and read about the cURL proxy. I did set the proxy field in the admin area to proxy.shr.secureserver.net , however I am still not having any luck with this. Do I need to do more?

OK I got the diagnostics to work. Here is what I got.

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/content/s/h/o/shop4g63/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 47

Paypal Website Payments Pro Diagnostics

for Version 1.0.0+

by Brian Burton (dynamoeffects)

Basic Tests

Using at least PHP 4.3.0? Yes

Does your store have an SSL certificate installed and working? Yes

Is cURL installed? Yes

Does cURL work? (Simple HTTPS test) Yes

API Certificate installed? Yes

API Certificate directory protected? Yes

API Username in place? Yes

API Password in place? Yes

Database update in place? Yes

Payment class modifications in place? Yes

Bug in checkout_process.php fixed? [Read More] Yes

XML Document "doDirectPayment.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "doExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "getExpressCheckoutDetails.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "setExpressCheckout.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "transactionSearch.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "doCapture.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "getTransactionDetails.xml" exists? Yes

XML Document "refundTransaction.xml" exists? Yes

Advanced Diagnostics

Able to connect to PayPal through cURL? No

Error received: 35: SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

Installation Incomplete!

Review and resolve the errors above and run this script again.

OK I got the diagnostics to work. Here is what I got.

[snip]

Error received: 35: SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca

Installation Incomplete!

Review and resolve the errors above and run this script again.

Error 35 means that you are using the wrong SSL certificate. Either you are using the sandbox cert on the live server, or you are using the live cert on the sandbox server.

--Glen

Yea that was the problem. I was using the live API settings on the Sandbox. I switched the store to live and it's working great now.

Here is what I found that helped me figure it out:

curl_exec error 35 SSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca (this would be displayed in the PayPal log file)

- Make sure that you have cURL with ssl support

- This error message is usually generated when you set the environment to live and then use the sandbox API credentials (username, password, certificate) or vise versa. (if you are testing in the sandbox make sure to use the API username, password and certificate from the sandbox and if you are testing the live site then make sure to use the API username, password and certificate from your live PayPal account)

- If you are using the 3-token (signature) method on PayPal's live server and you are getting this message then it is because you haven't updated the paypal-endpoints.php file to the correct Soap endpoints for 3-token, take a look at the above section titled, 'If you are planning on using the 3-token method'.

Anyways, I did a live test and it's working great. Transaction processed smooth and the site is now able to take live transactions. I seen the transaction in both PayPal and the osCommerce admin area. I am now one happy camper that this is working. Awesome contribution for sure. This has been the best contribution to get PayPal and osCommerce working together. I am very pleased. Thank you!

Hello,

I have been looking for a possible solution to my problem in this forum with no avail. I am hoping that someone here has a possible fix for this. :thumbsup:

We have no problems receiving orders, payments, etc. The problem we are having is with the phone number returned. We have it set to Require the phone number in our PayPal account settings, and can see that the number is being returned to the database in customers_paypal_payerid. Where we are having problems is that the number isn't transfered to the orders.php page or the orders table in the DB for that matter.

This wouldn't be any issue if we werent using FedEx Automated labels, but we are and they require that a phone number be present in the orders DB.

Any Ideas?

Anyone have ideas?

No idea, I haven't seen any problem with it not collecting the phone number. It wouldn't be stored in the payerid column, but instead in the phone column in the customers table. I'd have to see the PayPal responses to know what's going on.

Hello,

I am trying to see if any one knows where i cang et started on fixing this error when running the diagnostics:

Error received: 58: unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)

I contacted my server to see if there is a proxy address, they said leaving it blank is correct, so it should be able to connect to the cURL, and I had to install the new php5.2.5 rather than the 4.4.7 or something along those lines for the cURL to be installed, and was hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. I have searched through the forum and the web to see what fixes are for error 58, but have only seen questions, not answers. Does anyone have an idea of where I can get started for fixing this. I am curious if maybe there is a problem with the fact that I have the catalog directory password protected at the moment so that users can not accidentally find the store while it is under construction, but I'm not sure if that would make any difference.

If you have any pointers, please let me know.

Thanks!

I finally figured out what my problem is. I had to completely reinstall OSC, install WPP (worked fine) and then install modules one at a time until I found what broke it.

The culprit?

Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Engine+Friendly

I install this module and immediately WPP stops working. I can't figure out why but basically the payment process appears, to the customer, to go right through. But it never hits paypal. It doesn't even return any errors or anything.

Anyway, I guess I'll just "uninstall" SEF since being able to accept payment is somewhat critical but it's really a bummer that it breaks WPP.

Does anyone know a good SEO url alternative? I would like to have my urls look like this (spaces added to prevent linking):

http:// www.domain.com / category / subcategory / product-name-here /

Thanks!

That's odd, I've installed this module on sites with that contribution and they worked fine. Maybe a bug in the latest version of that contribution? Not sure.

By the way, Chemo's URL rewriter is more reliable than the one above.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Hmmm, I didn't get your post until I'd already written my own URL rewriter:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5901

It's a product and category URL rewriter that works with your module. It's super simple (only two file changes) and is my first contrib so if you get a chance, let me know what you think!

Thanks for your quick responses on the forum and for a great paypal integration solution!

I aplogize for not reading all 166 previous pages bu my question is simple (I hope) if I integrate the paypal pro will this cut out all the typical checkout steps down to one page checkout? I have a client with only one product that he is selling, wants to use the paypal pro but obviously it has to go through a shopping cart but we want to be able to get the quick sales and not go through 3 or 4 pages for a client to checkout with their credit card. Will this plugin make this possible?

No, the most it will shorten the process is by one page because it will skip the payment page if the user is checking out with Express Checkout.

For a one page checkout, I'm currently doing installations of the one I created for this site: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=297358

No, the most it will shorten the process is by one page because it will skip the payment page if the user is checking out with Express Checkout.

For a one page checkout, I'm currently doing installations of the one I created for this site: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=297358

\

Nice work! But now you're just teasing me since you haven't released it or put it up for sale LOL

Hi Brian

I am wondering if/when the new module will be released to exclude the amex cards for the UK - if so will it be easy to upgrade and will instructions be provided?

I'm also looking for a voucher code system to implement without breaking your module that is still working great apart from a couple of minor issues.

Thanks for your help - excellent as ever

The current version omits Amex from the dropdown if you have the UK setting on.

Any gift voucher system should work, however it currently only recognizes CCGV so any other coupon system used will show up as "Order Total Discrepancy." The next version will recognize Discount Coupons and Ingo's Coupon contribution.

The current version omits Amex from the dropdown if you have the UK setting on.

Any gift voucher system should work, however it currently only recognizes CCGV so any other coupon system used will show up as "Order Total Discrepancy." The next version will recognize Discount Coupons and Ingo's Coupon contribution.

Thanks a lot - I have since checked the new version and I see upgrade instructions.

What I want to do is to allow people money off if they use certain codes. Can you reccomend the best one for me to use that works ok with this module?

Thanks

Does anyone know what I should do with an Error58?

I have made sure the API is there and the link to it is correct. Is there a standard API format that is used, what Paypal gave is is exactly what we saved in the file. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything that I can use to try and get past this connection issue?

Thank you for any help.

Does anyone know what I should do with an Error58?

I have made sure the API is there and the link to it is correct. Is there a standard API format that is used, what Paypal gave is is exactly what we saved in the file. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything that I can use to try and get past this connection issue?

Thank you for any help.

Brittany,

In your previous post, you included the explanatory text for this error.

Error received: 58: unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)

What you have is not an API, but a certificate that is used to access the API (application programming interface).

There are three settings that must all be entered correctly for this to work. All are found in the module's configuration page. They are:

API Certificate: This is the full path name to the place that you stored the certificate that you downloaded from PayPal. It is not a URL, and should look something like '/servername/home_directory/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt'

API Username: This is generated from your PayPal login name and usually looks like 'bob_api1.smith.com'. It will be displayed in your PayPal profile where you download your certificate.

API Password: The password that you created for the API Certificate. This is not your PayPal login password, unless you made them the same, which is a bad idea.

Verify that you have uploaded your API certificate to the place specified by the value you put into the API Certificate field. Check the username and password as well.

One of those fields is set incorrectly, or the API certificate was not stored on the server.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

Hello,

I installed wpp latest version. 1.0.2

when I test with visa its thru.

its only for Uk based switch that its giving this.

<CreditCardType>Switch</CreditCardType>

[0] => Array

(

[shortMessage] => This transaction cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

[LongMessage] => This transaction cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.

[ErrorCode] => 10764

[severityCode] => Error

What all are compulsory fileds when a switch card is used.

Thanks in Advance.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Brittany,

In your previous post, you included the explanatory text for this error.

What you have is not an API, but a certificate that is used to access the API (application programming interface).

There are three settings that must all be entered correctly for this to work. All are found in the module's configuration page. They are:

API Certificate: This is the full path name to the place that you stored the certificate that you downloaded from PayPal. It is not a URL, and should look something like '/servername/home_directory/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/wpp_cert/cert_key_pem.txt'

API Username: This is generated from your PayPal login name and usually looks like 'bob_api1.smith.com'. It will be displayed in your PayPal profile where you download your certificate.

API Password: The password that you created for the API Certificate. This is not your PayPal login password, unless you made them the same, which is a bad idea.

Verify that you have uploaded your API certificate to the place specified by the value you put into the API Certificate field. Check the username and password as well.

One of those fields is set incorrectly, or the API certificate was not stored on the server.

--Glen

Thanks Glen,

After getting this, I talked to the client about the information and API they sent me, and they had another file they didn't send me which was apparently the correct API certificate so now that it is in place, I wasn't sure if their was a standard in certificates because I thought the file I had looked weird, everything is working great now. Thank you for the response so I knew where to go from there, I really appreciate it.

Thanks - Brittany