• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

well on PayPal's site it gives you a break down of their fees, from this it seems you have to pay both the monthly fee and their commission rates.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...ro-fees-outside

Could you give me some details on a Merchant account with Abbey, I've already got a current and a savings account with them. What kind of fee's are involved with their merchant account, eg. monthly, set-up, commission based ?

Have you found a payment processor yet that you think is a viable alternative, I emailed authorize.net the other day about their fee's and am still waiting on a reply. I was looking at WorldPay's as I read your post, they also offer a merchant account but i too thought a £200 set up fee + £30 every month was abit much for a business just starting up.

I really do want customers to pay on my site as using something like the PayPal IPN contribution i think decreases sales and it doesnt look too professional either.

Authorize.net doesn't publish their rates because they want you to sign up through their resellers who have varying rates.

Please start a new thread outside of this one to discuss alternative merchant accounts/payment gateways. This thread is here to support the WPP module.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Point taken Dynamo. My aim is eventually to have the WPP module eventually working with my site when I sort out the PayPal Test Account mess.

Thanks,

Chris

@cricex: There is no requirement that the user use their PayPal email address unless they're using Express Checkout.

here is the error dump I receive:

In function: before_process() - Express Checkout
Did first contact attempt return error? Nope
Array
(
[Security] =>
[RequesterCredentials] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[Credentials] => Array
					(
						[0] => Array
							(
								[Username] =>
								[Password] =>
								[Subject] =>
							)

)

)

)

[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponse] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[Timestamp] => 2007-08-07T19:15:12Z
				[Ack] => Failure
				[CorrelationID] => 584184ef19155
				[Errors] => Array
					(
						[0] => Array
							(
								[ShortMessage] => Transaction cannot complete.
								[LongMessage] => The transaction cannot complete successfully.  Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.
								[ErrorCode] => 10417
								[SeverityCode] => Error
							)

)

[Version] => 2.000000
				[Build] => 1.0006
				[DoExpressCheckoutPaymentResponseDetails] => Array
					(
						[0] => Array
							(
								[PaymentInfo] => Array
									(
										[0] => Array
											(
												[TransactionType] => none
												[PaymentType] => none
												[PaymentStatus] => None
												[PendingReason] => none
												[ReasonCode] => none
											)

)

)

)

)

)

)

This seems to be denying every single paypal order now. I havent received a paypal order since July 31st and get multiple of those error dumps daily.. any thought as to why it keeps turning people away?

@cricex: Contact PayPal, they're the only ones who can help you regarding a 10417 error. Also make sure you're module's not still set in Sandbox mode.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hello all I have a new question for the PPP API. I installed the files and was able to make a charge no problem, however if I us a bad number it go to internal server error and not back to the payment_process.php were it should displays a message saying the error for using a bad card.

Edited by dan_n1122

Hello all I have a new question for the PPP API. I installed the files and was able to make a charge no problem, however if I us a bad number it go to internal server error and not back to the payment_process.php were it should displays a message saying the error for using a bad card.

The server error is "500 Internal server error" --Only if the CC is expired or overdrawn

What does this error mean please help?

Thanks in advance

Edited by dan_n1122

No one else got problems with links back to your site from paypal?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...981&st=2594

I don't know if this topic still qualifies to be in this list but....

I bought my website template through Monster and I believe the problem is from the designer who set it up originally.

I setup a fresh copy of OSCcart and reinstalled the 9.2 Pay Pal contributions and it works perfectly with all transaction.

My problem now is trying to get the monster template to work. Which page should I be focusing on to fix this problem?

Thank you

Edited by dan_n1122

@MikeMike: This is typically a problem with your configure.php script being incorrect.

@brainyron: What discount coupon contribution are you using?

@dan_n1122: I've never heard of a template causing a 500 error. Ask your host if you have access to the error logs for your domain, and it will explain why the error is occurring.

Edited by dynamoeffects

@MikeMike: This is typically a problem with your configure.php script being incorrect.

@brainyron: What discount coupon contribution are you using?

@dan_n1122: I've never heard of a template causing a 500 error. Ask your host if you have access to the error logs for your domain, and it will explain why the error is occurring.

Dynamoe thanks for the reply!

I did ask the hosting company an they said they don't have any error logs to give me(GoDaddy). I do know that GD is not the problem because I installed a fresh OC on a different domain name but same host(GD) and your contribution and it works fine.

I also noticed that when the error is displayed on the page I end up on is "checkout_process.php" if I change the path manually in the navigation bar to "checkout_shipping.php" I see my error messgae saying card has been declined. What do you think?

Edited by dan_n1122

Hello helpful folks. I've recently installed the paypal payments pro module - part of the installation is working, but when I try to click on one of the new fancy yellow "checkout with paypal" buttons I get the following error:

bool(false)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/thuslove/wear-flashing-jewelry.com/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:513) in /hsphere/local/home/thuslove/wear-flashing-jewelry.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

I've gone through the forum looking for the solution and I've gotten rid of whitespace before and after the <? or ?> in my files, but nothing fixes this so far. Can anyone help please?

thanks for you attention,

Hey Guys,

Im using this great contribution, and in the main, it works perfectly. thanks very much to the people who have worked hard to create this. i have made a small contribution through paypal too. im currently having one problem with create_account.php. the errror message im getting on that page is

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/home/pcauser/public_html/create_account.php on line 572

I have gone back to the instruction's and re-done that page again from scratch incase i made a coding error when inserting the code required for this page, but the error remains. here is the code in the area the new wpp code has been added.

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);
   } else {
//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//	
     //$check_email_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
     $check_email_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id as id, customers_paypal_ec as ec from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($check_email_query) > 0) {
       $check_email = tep_db_fetch_array($check_email_query);
       if ($check_email['ec'] == '1') {
         //It's a temp account, so delete it and let the user create a new one
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
         tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WHOS_ONLINE . " where customer_id = '" . (int)$check_email['id'] . "'");
       } else {
         $error = true;
         $messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_ERROR_EXISTS);
       }
//---PayPal WPP Modification END---//	
     $check_email_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
     $check_email = tep_db_fetch_array($check_email_query);
     if ($check_email['total'] > 0) {
       $error = true;

Please please help - im willing to pay somebody to get this working for me as i need this done this evening. many thanks.

When I'm using express checkout and get back to checkout_shipping.php after being on paypal's site, the shipping address is missing.

b322f3c83a.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this?

Are you using SSL on your site? PayPal won't return address information without it.

--Glen

Is register_globals enabled or disabled on your server? It could be that not all of the contribution has been installed.

Mike, I'm at a complete loss. I have yet to see this module not work at all on a compatible server (cURL, SSL), so this problem is very specific to your store.

I did an installation for one person here who thought that they had included all of the code changes, but in the end had only integrated perhaps 20% of the contribution. Go back, line by line searching for "PayPal" and make sure the changes are in place.

I just tried to upload the files which was included in the contribution instead of modifying my existing files. This way I would be sure that all the code changes was correct.

Unfortunately it didn't change anything. I still got the blank shipping address when returning from paypal.

I guess I'll have to leave express pay out for now. Unless someone know what else can be wrong??

should wpp_diagnostics.php be working by adding it in /catalog/ and opening it in the browser?

I'm getting this error:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

Hi-

I've got the Paypal Payments Pro module installed on a website I built: www.ltdlifestyle.com

It is (sigh) hosted on GoDaddy.com, and I have included the proxy address in the appropriate field in the admin backend as required. The problem occurs when I get to checkout_confirmation.php, and click on the continue button (to go to checkout_process.php). At this point, everything just stalls out. It should move on and pass the information over to Paypal, and come back with an answer, however, the customer remains on checkout_confirmation.php forever, while the page thinks, until finally it times out. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it is doing this! I am going absolutely insane and can't find the answer I need in any forums. I've installed this module before on other hosts, so that makes this especially frustrating. If anyone has a solution for me, I'd be more than happy to throw a little money your way to compensate for your brainpower (via Paypal of course...). Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Matt