• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

The SQL file gets uploaded into your database, not into a single table. That SQL file contains instructions that your database server understands and it will know what tables to modify.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hi Guys. I've just added the WPP module (Downloaded from PayPal) to my site, www.cutepooch.co.uk. However, whenever I try and process a payment, I get the following error message:

An error occured when we tried to contact PayPal's servers.

User authentication failed

That's when I click on the EC button. If I enter a credit card on my site, and try to process the order it says:

Your credit card was declined. Please try another card or contact your bank for more info.

User authentication failed

However - that's using a real card!

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong and how to fix this?

Cheers,

Steve

It means your API username/password/certificate are incorrect.

Note that this thread is for supporting this module, not PayPal's fork of the module. Questions regarding their module should be directed to them.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

It means your API username/password/certificate are incorrect.

Note that this thread is for supporting this module, not PayPal's fork of the module. Questions regarding their module should be directed to them.

Thanks Dynamoeffects.

As we speak, i've just decided to roll back a version and use the contribution you mention.

Thanks for your reply. All the best.

Steve

Me again :'(

I've installed the contribution to add PayPal Direct Payment, however, when I try to process a payment I get this error message:

error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca (Error No. 35)

Any idea what I need to do inorder to fix it?

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by sjwdavies

It means that it either couldn't find your API certificate or you uploaded the wrong one (sandbox in live mode or vice versa).

It means that it either couldn't find your API certificate or you uploaded the wrong one (sandbox in live mode or vice versa).

Thanks for the speedy reply, however using trusty google i managed to find the answer.

As you say, it was using the wrong certificate. I didn't think it mattered, so was trying to test it in 'Sandbox' mode using a LIVE certificate.

I must say this contribution is fantastic! I'm going to make a few tweaks here and there, but hats off to you sir.

:thumbsup:

I hope someone can help answer this?

Is it possible to rename the payment option that customers to my site see?

In other words change the name of the Payment Module?

i.e. Change it where the customer see's 'PayPal Direct Payment', to something like 'Secure Credit Card Payment'?

I hope someone can help answer this?

Is it possible to rename the payment option that customers to my site see?

In other words change the name of the Payment Module?

i.e. Change it where the customer see's 'PayPal Direct Payment', to something like 'Secure Credit Card Payment'?

Done it!

Simply renamed it in the file located root/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php

I'm still tinkering around with this.

Is it possible, for example, to hide all the the credit card text boxes on the payment page UNTIL somebody selects the 'PayPal Direct Payment' radio button?

@sirboxalot: In your configure.php script, DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG and DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG both need to be "store/" and not "store".

That makes total sense. Thanks for the help.

I'm having the same exact problem sirboxalot and this workardound hasn't fixed it. My configure.php file already reads:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store//catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/store//catalog/');

I don't think the double // are hurting it but the error I receive still says the following: PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /mnt/w0902/d45/s40/b02af958/www/marinachristine.com/store//catalogincludes/wpp_xml/ !

(doDirectPayment.xml)

What else can be done to fix this?

Thanks!

@sjwdavies: Not without a little javascript. I've started on a contribution because someone else had mentioned it before, but never got it finished.

@marinachristine: I just went to your site and confirmed that you have the XML files installed, so your problem is definitely your configure.php file. First of all, "//" is not correct under any circumstances, so change all of those to "/". The problem in your configure.php script is located a little lower where it probably looks like this:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/mnt/w0902/d45/s40/b02af958/www/marinachristine.com/store//catalog');

When it should look like this:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/mnt/w0902/d45/s40/b02af958/www/marinachristine.com/store/catalog/');

@sjwdavies: I packaged up a contribution that I think does what you're wanting: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5285

Thanks so much for this!

But the readme file doesn't function, and i've followed the installation to the letter and now the credit card boxes have disappeared completely, they don't come back when i select either of the payment options. My website is http://www.cutepooch.co.uk, any idea what i'm doing wrong?

I've managed to get the readme to work, but not get it working on my site.

Don't know how, but i went back through the installation and now it works fine. Cheers Dynamo!

Out of curiosity, what was your initial problem in getting the README file to work?

After installing this PayPal contribution, the catagories title and the page title, eg 'Order Confirmation' have increased in size, which is throwing the table out of alignment.

It's also changed the size of the font for the text in my shopping cart???

Any idea why the size of the font has increased?

Edited by sjwdavies

Out of curiosity, what was your initial problem in getting the README file to work?

I'd opened the zip file and not extracted it, so it couldn't find the javascript file.

Edited by sjwdavies

This doesn't not modify your stylesheet, so it's more likely that you increased the text size in your browser.

In IE: View -> Text Size -> Medium

In Firefox: View -> Text Size -> Normal

This doesn't not modify your stylesheet, so it's more likely that you increased the text size in your browser.

In IE: View -> Text Size -> Medium

In Firefox: View -> Text Size -> Normal

Not that simple :'(

I'm using a template I got free, so no support with it, but have found the problem.

I rolled back to the original, then re-applied the contribution to the files affected. It seems I made a mistake when merging the WPP additions to the file, as re-doing it (paying more attention this time) has resolved the problem.

Thanks again.

I've just encountered an issue with a VISA card throwing this message at the top of checkout_payment

The credit card information you entered contains an error. Please check it and try again.

The credit card number entered is invalid.

Please check the number and try again.

I am 99% sure the number is correct after triple verifying with the customer. its a VISA beginning with 4802 xxxx...

Any thoughts?

thanks?

-Dave

That's cc_validation throwing the error back at you. How many digits does that card number have?

Hi

I have installed the official PayPal WPP with PWA contrib, which is basically working fine except...

In some circumstances, and I think it is when people add to their basket and then from the shopping_cart.php page click the 'Checkout with PayPal' and go via EC, they totally bypass the checkout_shipping.php page. PayPal returns them to the checkout_confirmation.php page and they can then checkout without selecting a shipping method, and without being charged shipping! Does anyone know how to solve this? I've looked through the code to the best of my ability but cannot find anything wrong?

Has anyone else had this problem?

It doesn't affect Direct Payments at all, nor standard (IPN) PayPal payments, only EC ones.

Paul :'(

paulATmypurplemedia_com

paulATnathula_co_uk

This is the support thread for the PayPal Direct Payments & Express Checkout module. Please post any bugs or errors you see while using it so that they can be fixed.

The contribution can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Check out www.AlexandriaComputers.com for POS Software, Restaurant Software, Salon Software.