• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hello,

I have installed the website payments pro module (Uk) version, twice! I have followed the instructions and copied all the relevant files, downloaded the API and checked the setup in admin. When I place and order it displays the shipping info and I click continue it then says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\checkout_payment.php on line 460

I have looked on the forum but can't find the answer, I have tried removing the extra line feed at the end of the file, but that didn't work.

I would be extremely grateful for any help as I am struggling to get this done to deadline!!

Thank you

Sarah

Hey Everybody,

I have a major question about this module: Do you have to have a paypal pro account, besides the business in order to receive this payments??

My problem is: I all the time get an Error:

Invalid Configuration

This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.

error code: 10501

Manual states: You have to call paypal - only they can help you.

I call the paypal, and paypal tech rep says that, I have this problem because I try to charge a card from website. And to be able to do it I have to have a paypal pro account. Basically its $20 monthly and NO ANY SELLER PROTECTION.

Did somebody have this issue?

Is any way to leave Express checkout, and Disable a "credit cards charging RIGHT on website"?

appreciate your time,

Thanks for a great contribution!

@LukeDouglas: You're using PayPal's fork of this module and would find quicker answers by going to them for support. This module does not use the CURL_FOLLOWLOCATION option, so this problem could probably be quickly alleviated by switching to this module.

@sarahh: More than likely you forgot to move a "}" over from the example files. All modifications are marked, so go through it again and make sure you modified it correctly.

@moda: You must be signed up for PayPal Pro where you pay $20 a month to use this module fully. If you only want to use Express Checkout, you should uninstall the module and instead install this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I have looked and looked for missing { or } but can't find anything, and I didn't copy the code in I copied the files over replacing my existing ones.

Then also make sure you don't have an extra carriage return at the end of your checkout_payment.php script.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Hello friends,

I need your help please.

I do not see an option to download the API Certificate.

PayPal only display the following info:

Credential: API Signature

API Username: user

API Password: pass

Signature: signature.

Request Date: Jun. 240, 2007 11:00:19 PDT

Thank you

Big Y

Funny you mention this because I just finished uploading a screenshot for a client that I'm installing the module for. In your PayPal account, go to Profile -> API Access, then click on the box that's encircled in the image below:

traci_api.gif

Thank you dynamoeffects

That I have done but I do not see the downlaod button, only shows the data in the screen.

Tahnk you

Big Y

Funny you mention this because I just finished uploading a screenshot for a client that I'm installing the module for. In your PayPal account, go to Profile -> API Access, then click on the box that's encircled in the image below:

Ok,

I find the solution in PayPal Developer Forums

When you set up the API credentials, did you set up the API Signature by mistake? If the page title is 'View Or Remove API Signature' then when you originally set up the 3 token signature method.

To get the certificate, click on Remove to delete the 3 token signature. Then go back click on Request Credentials, choose API SSL client-side certificate, check the box to agree, and click on submit.

The next page the title will be Download or Remove API Certificate. You should now see the button to download the certificate.

But, the sandbox don't have this option, so I don't test the system

Thank you

Big Y

Empty Cart Problem

If I click on the "Return to blahcorp." link on the paypal express checkout page, it returns to my site but leaves the customer with an empty cart. Not good if they simply decided paypal wasn't what they wanted to do.

It works fine if you click the back button but loses the cart when the customer uses that nicely provided link. If you force cookies perhaps the paypal link would work but if I understand osc correctly it would fail for those with cookies disabled. Is there perhaps a way to disable that "Return to blahcorp." link?

Does anyone with a live site have this problem (I'm running in a XAMPP environment at the moment: localhost/catalog which is perhaps my problem).

I noticed back in November that this was discussed/mentioned but didn't see a solution (see quotes below).

Any comments Glen(SteveDallas) or Brian(DynamoEffects) (since you discussed it)?

I really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this contribution and this support forum. Thanks much! Gord.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empty Cart Problem (more data/info)

Okay here is some more information on the Empty Cart problem I reported above.

Step 1)

Start at home page of site. Not logged into site. No session id yet.

Add an item to the cart, click checkout (goes to login page).

Here is what is in the address bar before launching off to paypal:

//localhost/catalog/login.php?osCsid=a090cfda368786bfc265bc781abe1260

Step 2)

Click "checkout with paypal". (wait a bit)

Once at their site, click on "Return to xyz." (on the left near the bottom)

Here is what the link looks like after returning to the osCommerce site:

//localhost/catalog/login.php?ec_cancel=1%7Fa090cfda368786bfc265bc781abe1260&token=EC-8R4741312N422572Y

Note that the "osCsid=" has been replaced with "%7F"! If I go into the address bar and change "%7F" to "&oscSid=" all is well. The cart contents are still valid, osc happily uses the session id.

Now the question is: where/how is this getting munged up, and how does one fix it?? :blink:

Gord.

PS note I am using the developer sandbox, this is not a live site.

QUOTE(dynamoeffects @ May 24 2007, 03:10 AM) post_snapback.gifSorry, I meant to say, "When you go to Apache in a Linux environment." Are you running it in Windows or Linux?

Also, what other contributions do you have installed? Some SEO-URL type modification could be causing the muckup.

Hey Brian,

Running under Ubuntu 6.10 Desktop (not server). The fact that this isn't properly server configured could be my problem since I do have a problem where images are not showing up when I //192.168.x.y/catalog from another pc. In regards to search engine optimization, I have Chemo's SEO mod on my todo list but haven't done that yet.

Anywho, I'll backburner this problem for now and revisit it once I'm on a proper server.

Thanks again for your help,

Gord.

Thank you Dynamoeffects for this contribution and your support.

I have quoted GM1, because I’m having the exact same issue.

I also have a sandbox account where I’m doing all the testing.

I have tested this issue on both the test sever running XAMPP and the real server running Linux/Apache

Test Server Running (on Windows)

XAMPP

Apache/2.2.0

PHP/5.1.2

Linux Server

SuSe10.1

Apache/2.2.0

PHP/5.2.0

I do have Chemo's SEO mod and have disabled it, but the issue is still there.

This is how I’m able to recreate the issue:

• The clients browser is NOT accepting cookies (I’m using FireFox and selectively adding to NOT accept cookies from mysite)
  • So now the osCsid is on the URL as expected when cookies are disable.
  • Client is in the login.php and clicks to use EC and goes to paypals site (In my case is the sand box test server)
  • If the client decides NOT to checkout with paypal and cancels by clicking the “Return to mysite” , the cart empties and the URL has the following
  • https://site.com/login.php?ec_cance=1%7Fcc7ec4386b361cf6ad6ce074db88c24&token=EC-8G909264R35533455
  • When the %7F is changed back to osCsid=acc7ec4386b361cf6ad6ce074db88c24 the cart has the items that it had before it went to EC.

• For some reason the osCsid= has change to %7F. I have disable Chemo’s SEO mod but it does NOT solve the issue.

When the clients browser is accepting cookies there is NO problems. The client cancels by clicking on “Return to mysite” and the cart still has the items in it.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Does anyone have any suggestion on what the root cause might be?

Thank you. Regards, Marizka

That URL that you're referring to is created using the tep_href_link() function, which means that your problem most likely lies there. You should debug that function step by step to find out why it's converting osCsid= to %7F.

That URL that you're referring to is created using the tep_href_link() function, which means that your problem most likely lies there. You should debug that function step by step to find out why it's converting osCsid= to %7F.

In file paypal_wpp.php and in function function ec_step1()

There is this code.

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$redirect_path = FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING;

$redirect_attr = 'ec_cancel=1';

} else {

$redirect_path = FILENAME_LOGIN;

$redirect_attr = 'ec_cancel=1';

} //The docs say that these should be urlencoded, but spits out errors when they I do it

$order_info['PAYPAL_RETURN_URL'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_EC_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

$order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] = tep_href_link($redirect_path, $redirect_attr, 'SSL');

The function prototype is this

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true)

So it looks like all the parameters are being passed to the function correctly.

I stepped through the code and $order_info['PAYPAL_CANCEL_URL'] variable has the correct path back the site and the full osCsid=xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx. The path looks correct and there is no %7F.

Once the client is taken to EC and they click the “Return to mysite” is when the issue happened and the osCsid is messed up.

Looks like the correct CANCEL_URL is being sent correctly to EC but on a cancel from EC back to the site is when the osCsid is messed up with the %7F

Not sure if this is an issue on the paypal test sandbox server.

I don’t currently have a live account with paypal so I’m not able to test if there’s any difference between the sandbox or the live server.

Any other thoughts?

Regards, Marizka

Edited by Foxtel

I just tested it on a vanilla install of oscommerce with the only

contribution being PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout

and the same issue happened when canceling back from EC. I get the %7F instead of osCsid.

Thank you for your support.

When you go to PayPal, stop right before you click on "Return to My Site" and look at the source code. Is the URL malformed there? If so, you should contact PayPal support and inform them because the problem is on their side if the URL is being sent correctly as you have determined.

If the URL is NOT malformed on their side, that means that your version of Apache might be buggy in that it's rewriting certain _GET variables for some reason or another.

Either way, this isn't a problem with this module and you'll probably find more knowledgeable people to help you at PayPal or on the Apache mailing lists.

When you go to PayPal, stop right before you click on "Return to My Site" and look at the source code. Is the URL malformed there? If so, you should contact PayPal support and inform them because the problem is on their side if the URL is being sent correctly as you have determined.

If the URL is NOT malformed on their side, that means that your version of Apache might be buggy in that it's rewriting certain _GET variables for some reason or another.

Either way, this isn't a problem with this module and you'll probably find more knowledgeable people to help you at PayPal or on the Apache mailing lists.

I just tested this in my shop. It works okay for me. I tested using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 (Windows). My server environment is Linux 2.6.16.33-20070131a-areca-filemon-3ware-e1000 and Apache/1.3.33 (Unix).

This *might* be a Sandbox bug; I tested in the live environment.

--Glen

I just tested this in my shop. It works okay for me. I tested using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 (Windows). My server environment is Linux 2.6.16.33-20070131a-areca-filemon-3ware-e1000 and Apache/1.3.33 (Unix).

This *might* be a Sandbox bug; I tested in the live environment.

--Glen

Guys,

Thank you for looking at this issue.

Here is more data:

This is how the URL looks before clicking the EC button

https://site.com/login.php? osCsid=kk0am7ua87va407jikil2l8gh59bv44j

Here is what the “Return to MySite” link looks like before clicking it.

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&

SESSION=14fUmubjb5gBcwfO29wXtg7fce6z2nVGbax7GpRM79fjHzbUHs3RgHO_cAPHWCATfYtdt0&

dispatch=bc5314bce0773f1548350520788c6b0a2a4db51fcb2331ceef7fb41825ec0afe#

I don’t see the osCsid or the 32 alpha-numeric id anywhere on the path, it might be that it has been hashed.

Now when I click the “Return to MySite” here is what the return URL looks like

https://site.com/login.php?ec_cancel=1%7Fk0am7ua87va407jikil2l8gh59bv44j&token=EC-6V1023803P8894213

And the cart is empty due to the osCsid converting to %7F

Here is another test scenario:

• Client is in login.php and decides to pay with paypal EC
  • Client logs in Paypal and proceeds with authorizing payment
  • Client gets taken back to checkout_shipping.php to continue with checkout.

In the scenario above there where NO issue when coming back form EC to mysite.

The osCsid was NOT converted to %7F and that cart contents where NOT lost.

This looks like it *might* be a sandbox issue with the “Return to MySite”. Both GM1 and I had the same issue and we both where using the sandbox.

It would be good if other people using the sandbox could test this scenario to see if they also see the issue. If we could confirm that other people using the sandbox are also experiencing the same issue, then we can be more confident that it’s definitely a sandbox bug with the “Return to MySite”.

Looks like people using the paypal’s LIVE server are NOT seeing this issue. This is a good sing indicating that this *might* be a sandbox bug.

I will follow up with PayPal Technical support on this issue. I will let you guys know if I find anything out.

Thank you for you help.

Firstly, thank you so much for this great module, and absolutely amazing support!!! :thumbsup:

I installed this module about a year ago(version 0.7.3), and it worked beautifully since then. However, this week we migrated to a different server and since then it is not working.

The script is getting stuck on the line

require_once ('Services/PayPal.php');

in paypal_wpp.php (catalog/includes/modules/payment/)

Where is this file (and the next two that are included) supposed to be?

My clients are very unhappy - this is a high traffic site, and they have not been able to use this option for two days already. :'(

Please help!!!!

Thank you for your patience!

I've found that the files should be in catalog/pear/Services ....

I've add the include path to the require_once($path . 'Services....)

But now the script just stalls after the include lines!

It doesn't get through here:

(line 310+-)

$handler =& ProfileHandler_Array::getInstance(array(

'username' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_API_USERNAME,

'certificateFile' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_CERT_PATH, //This needs to be an absolute path i.e. /home/user/cert.txt

'subject' => '',

'environment' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_SERVER));

Thank you so much!!!!

I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of the module. No PEAR modules are involved, so debugging it is much simpler. There is also a diagnostics script that will check your installation to make sure that your server is compatible.

I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of the module. No PEAR modules are involved, so debugging it is much simpler. There is also a diagnostics script that will check your installation to make sure that your server is compatible.

Thank you for your super-quick response!!

I just installed the Paypal WPP UK module but was very surprised to see when I ran it that my website now asks the customer for all credit card details - I was expecting all credit card handling to be done on the 'paypal' side.

I am not happy with accepting credit card details, I simply want to submit a payment transaction.

Is there an alternative?

Hey Brian,

upgraded to 9.2, all is working great - thanks!

1 question regarding the shopping cart page...

If a customer is on the login page, selects EC, then decides to return to the site to edit the order before logging in to PP, they are sent back to the login page where they started from - which is all good

If a customer is on the shopping cart page, selects EC, then decides to return to the site to edit the order before logging in to PP, they are sent back to the login page instead of their starting point of the shopping cart page. Could they or should they be sent back to the shopping cart page? for continuity and to not confuse customer...

just a thought. Thanks again!

-Dave

@mystifier: At the top of the page of where you downloaded this module explained exactly what this module does in every scenario. PayPal Pro is a $20/month service from PayPal for the sole purpose of taking credit cards orders from your website. If you want to send the customer to PayPal, just use the PayPal IPN module.

@Roaddoctor: You're right, I'll add it to my todo for the next version. I don't have time to look into it right now to offer a specific fix.

Quick question on installing the contribution. I have it all done except for step 3:

* Import the file "paypal_wpp.sql" into your database using phpMyAdmin.

I'm not technical and am using my server provided control panel. I found the phpMyAdmin tool and it will allow me to upload this sql file to the OSC database in a table that I choose. I can't upload it to the whole thing. There are 30+ tables to choose from, ranging from address book, configuration, orders, taxes, etc. Which one do I choose? Is configuration normally the right one?

Any hint as to which "door" I should open would be great as this is the last thing I need to do in the installation process and I have no idea how to do it! :)

Thanks guys!!