• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

@webmaster69: Modify the new code from this:

if (strlen($order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR']) < 4) {
 $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = '20' . $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'];
}

to this:

if (strlen($order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR']) == 2) {
 $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'] = '20' . $order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR'];
}

Even if I changed the values in the dropdown, I would still put this check in the code, so see if this fixes your problem.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

}

to this:

if (strlen($order_info['PAYPAL_CC_START_YEAR']) == 2) {
}

Even if I changed the values in the dropdown, I would still put this check in the code, so see if this fixes your problem.

Thanks for the update.

This looks like its done the trick.

It's now live on the site, i'll let you know if there are any problems.

Thanks again Frank

This module does not work anymore for UK based accounts. :angry:

Even the Transactionsearch which managed for a few days to rescue the situation fails miserably now.

Paypal are asking us to move away from the SOAP SDK if we are a UK based account.

SHOCKING STATE OF AFFAIRS !!!!!!!!!

That's no good. Luckily they've released a UK version of the module, so switching shouldn't be too painful.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

}

@Schadeboy: The problem is that CC companies don't release data like that, so it has to be aggregated from actual transactions. Here's a fix for the VISA cards I sent in a while back: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3609

In my opinion, cc_validation should send the customer card details to the payment gateway no matter what, as long as the card passes the LUHN-10 check. If should check if the number matches one of the card models, and if not, flag it as possibly fraudulent then let the payment gateway decide if it's real or not. There are simply too many card number formats out in the wild to build a reliable validator using regex.

I am in total agreement with this, even though I have absolutely no idea what you just said. Just kidding. I don't understand the technical aspects, but I get the general idea and it makes total sense. In fact, it seems like it should be an easy enough fix. My customer is getting this problem not just with a Visa, though. She's tried AMEX as well, with similar results.

I'm looking over the cc_validate.php code right now, along with a web page that tells me how the ereg() function works. AMEX is a 15-digit number starting with either 34 or 37. Maybe I can fix the AMEX check, too? I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks for all you help!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

That's no good. Luckily they've released a UK version of the module, so switching shouldn't be too painful.

Brian,

Can you confirm that their version is not SOAP based .. its basically your module 0.73 without SOAP ?

What sort of functionality is missing from 0.7 to the latest 0.9 ?

I am using a modified version of your 0.82 at the moment to which I added UK support myself.

Brian,

Can you confirm that their version is not SOAP based .. its basically your module 0.73 without SOAP ?

What sort of functionality is missing from 0.7 to the latest 0.9 ?

I am using a modified version of your 0.82 at the moment to which I added UK support myself.

I have now installed their version and I can confirm it works...

A shame really as I much prefer the SOAP version .. so much simpler to hack.

I believe this module description should be touched up as it no longer covers the UK

Edited by eliw

}

@Schadeboy: The problem is that CC companies don't release data like that, so it has to be aggregated from actual transactions. Here's a fix for the VISA cards I sent in a while back: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3609

In my opinion, cc_validation should send the customer card details to the payment gateway no matter what, as long as the card passes the LUHN-10 check. If should check if the number matches one of the card models, and if not, flag it as possibly fraudulent then let the payment gateway decide if it's real or not. There are simply too many card number formats out in the wild to build a reliable validator using regex.

Well, my problem did not go away with the fix that was listed in the link within the quote. I'm wondering, would it be a terrible thing to comment out that entire IF statement that does the number validation?

I'm giving consideration to dropping osCommerce altogether and go with a system through my host (GoDaddy). Mainly because I absolutely have to make sure I have no technical problems. I'm having enough issues keeping up with the demand for the products on my site to have to worry about technical issues. The problem seems to be getting worse. It's very frustrating because I haven't been having any issues such as this for the past two months. Now all of a suddent this starts happening. I haven't touched that cc_validation.php code, so I can't figure out why all of a sudden I'd start having issues.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

No, it doesn't work for UK merchants anymore because PayPal's forcing all UK merchants to switch to a UK-specific API. Use PayPal's version found right below 0.9.

Edit: Wow, the forum's going crazy.

Edited by dynamoeffects

No, it doesn't work for UK merchants anymore because PayPal's forcing all UK merchants to switch to a UK-specific API. Use PayPal's version found right below 0.9.

Cheers...

Are there any known bugs with this version?

As far as I know, it doesn't properly support Switch/Solo cards because there's no issue date fields, but that might have been fixed by now.

Hi there

I'm getting an intermittent problem with the site during checkout. Occasionally I'm getting the following error, can anyone help me please?

Warning: curl_error(): 108 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/sandr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 408

Warning: curl_errno(): 108 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/sandr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 408

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sandr/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:408) in /home/sandr/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Thanks

Simon

Ok, looks like I need to release this version that fixes a few of these bugs. What you're seeing is caused because I closed the curl handle too early and it had received an error.

Open /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and change this:

curl_close($ch);

if ($response) {

//Simple check to make sure that this is a valid response
 if (strpos($response, 'SOAP-ENV') === false) {
$response = false;
 }
 if ($response) {
//Convert the XML into an easy-to-use associative array
$response = $this->wpp_parse_xml($response);	   
 }

return $response;
} else {
 $curl_errors = curl_error($ch) . ' (Error No. ' . curl_errno($ch) . ')';
 $this->away_with_you($curl_errors, true);
}

to this:

if ($response) {
 curl_close($ch);
 //Simple check to make sure that this is a valid response
 if (strpos($response, 'SOAP-ENV') === false) {
$response = false;
 }
 if ($response) {
//Convert the XML into an easy-to-use associative array
$response = $this->wpp_parse_xml($response);	   
 }
 return $response;
} else {
 $curl_errors = curl_error($ch) . ' (Error No. ' . curl_errno($ch) . ')';
 curl_close($ch);
 $this->away_with_you($curl_errors, true);
}

Ok, looks like I need to release this version that fixes a few of these bugs. What you're seeing is caused because I closed the curl handle too early and it had received an error.

Open /includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php and change this:

Thanks for the quick response. Made those changes Brian and the error hasn't represented (so far).

Your contribution and the continued support here is *very* much appreciated.

Simon

Thanks, glad to hear. SteveDallas has also been a huge help in this thread.

I've just released a new version of the module that fixes several bugs. If you want, you can change over to that version pretty easily.

Dear Brian,

Yes, obviously I disabled the EC button for the meantime.

I was wondering if there is any workaround for this problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... I wish I knew how to do that myself....

Many thanks in advance,

Theodore

Thanks brahms, I see what you're doing and I'll look into it. For now, I suggest disabling the EC button on the payment page. There's an option in the module's settings.

Dear Brian,

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated... I wish I knew how to do that myself....

Many thanks in advance,

Theodore

Thanks brahms, I see what you're doing and I'll look into it. For now, I suggest disabling the EC button on the payment page. There's an option in the module's settings.

Dear Brian,

Many thanks in advance,

Theodore

As far as I know, it doesn't properly support Switch/Solo cards because there's no issue date fields, but that might have been fixed by now.

No in fact the version they have on their site is version 0.0 (if that's possible) - well basically it is the first version they made available and it has never been updated.

You will need to download this fix for SOLO/SWITCH cards (it will also fix a blatant bug found in the Express Checkout part of things):

http://www.pdncommunity.com/attachments/pd...33/1/update.zip

All works fine BUT both EC and DP are one payment module and show up as one which can really be confusing if you don't do some cosmetic changes to it...unlike Brian's which has a separate section for EC and one for DP..

Hope this helps...

No in fact the version they have on their site is version 0.0 alpha (if that's at all possible lol) - well basically it is the first version they made available and it has never been updated.

You will need to download this fix for SOLO/SWITCH cards (it will also fix a blatant bug found in the Express Checkout part of things):

http://www.pdncommunity.com/attachments/pd...33/1/update.zip

All works fine BUT both EC and DP are one payment module and show up as one which can really be confusing if you don't do some cosmetic changes to it...unlike Brian's which has a separate section for EC and one for DP..

Hope this helps...