• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Go into Admin -> Modules -> Order Totals. Are any of the order total modules installed?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Sigh..I've had the contribution for a couple of months now and works great. Have never had a problem with the installation or updating which is why this is so: :blush:

Where is the darn code to remove the paypal button and text from the checkout_shipping.php page? I opened up that file and commented out what I thought I needed to....wrong!

If someone would be kind enough to humiliate me thoroughly and let me know what file and where, I'd appreciaet it. =D

Khem

Better explained in my next post.

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

Look for "<? //---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//-- ?>" at about line 262 in checkout_shipping.php. Delete everything from that line down to the "<? //---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//-- ?>" on line 313.

Just as a disclaimer so you can't say that I didn't tell you: It is against their TOS to remove it.

I'm pretty sure I installed it right. Testing credit card authentication with sandbox seemed to work correctly. However, after the final step of the checkout process, I get

[Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/rlspecia/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php on line 575

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rlspecia/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php:575) in /home/rlspecia/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 34]

I found some people on google mentioned php version changes, does anyone know how to fix this?

Here is the listing modules I install under Admin -> Modules -> Order Totals

Discount Coupons

Gift Vouchers

Low Order Fee

Shipping

Sub-total

Tax

Total

I have the CCGV installed before. Does it cause the problem? How to fix it?

Thanks!

Go into Admin -> Modules -> Order Totals. Are any of the order total modules installed?

@liquidhal: You're using PayPal's version of this contribution, but sounds like your problem is that your host's security settings are a little too strict. Ask them about it.

@nonetodo: Strange. Did you also include the checkout_process.php fix?

I installed the Auto Currency Updater yesterday and everything was perfect with no problems at all.

I called the page today to update the currencies and I get the following error.

I don't know if it's a problem with my site or the remote site where the info is obtained from.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://currencysource.com/RSS/GBP.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No route to host /catalog/admin/update_currencies.php on line 77

I installed the Auto Currency Updater yesterday and everything was perfect with no problems at all.

I called the page today to update the currencies and I get the following error.

I don't know if it's a problem with my site or the remote site where the info is obtained from.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://currencysource.com/RSS/GBP.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No route to host /catalog/admin/update_currencies.php on line 77

It's decided to start working again now??

So what are my alternatives being a Canadian merchant?

Is there another way to get Paypal transactions to work?

There are several solutions for accepting PayPal in your shop, including the one that ships with the default install, which isn't very good, as orders aren't added to the database if the customer doesn't return to the shop after paying. There are a couple that use the PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) system to post the order to the database. The "official" osC version is well tested and stable, but it does odd things with the checkout flow, so requires special considerations when integrating it with some other contributions.

Alex Li (AlexStudio) has taken Brian's WPP contribution (the one discussed in this thread) and hacked out the credit card stuff to provide a module that uses the Express Checkout API and adds IPN, so that payments that don't clear immediately (eChecks, for instance, and bank transfers in countries where the customer must initiate the transfer from his bank) have their status updated when PayPal releases the funds. It supports all PayPal currencies and works for PayPal accounts in any country.

The feature that this module adds is the ability to accept credit cards without sending the customer to PayPal. As Brian noted, this feature is only available to US and UK business accounts at this time, though it now accepts most (if not all) currencies accepted by PayPal.

--Glen

Edited by SteveDallas

That helps to put my mind at ease.

Could you point me in the right direction on where and how to change the payment module.

I checked under the Payment Modules section and didn't see a contribution by Alex Li.

Alex Li (AlexStudio) has taken Brian's WPP contribution (the one discussed in this thread) and hacked out the credit card stuff to provide a module that uses the Express Checkout API and adds IPN, so that payments that don't clear immediately (eChecks, for instance, and bank transfers in countries where the customer must initiate the transfer from his bank) have their status updated when PayPal releases the funds. It supports all PayPal currencies and works for PayPal accounts in any country.

--Glen

That helps to put my mind at ease.

Could you point me in the right direction on where and how to change the payment module.

I checked under the Payment Modules section and didn't see a contribution by Alex Li.

It's called "PayPal Express Checkout IPN"

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791

Hi, I'm running paypal_wpp_0.9 and trying to test with the sandbox.

Im using the CC details included in the setup file

VISA CC#: 4072497208897267 Exp: 12/09 CVS: 000

However it's giving me the error

We apologize for the inconvenience, but PayPal only accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express. Please use a different credit card.

I have used the test visa card and slected this from the drop down list.

Anyone experienced this? Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks

Andrew

www.hostyorkshire.com

Andrew

Did you upload the included cc_validation.php file? You might have a custom version that is returning strange values.

Hi guys,

ive installed the contribution, and after the confirmation i received the following error msg

PayPal WPP installation incomplete! There should be XML files located in /var/www/vhosts/jrinternationalinc.com/httpdocs/osCommerce3includes/!

It is possible that the paths in your configuration files are not all entirely correct, also. That is the same error I was getting upon installation and come to find out one of my https paths was incorrect.

Has anyone given any consideration to Google Analytics support in this payment module? I'm talking about sending the cart contents to Analytics upon successful checkout through Express so that the transactions can be tracked inside of GA, not the basic urchinTracker() stuff.

Has anyone given any consideration to Google Analytics support in this payment module? I'm talking about sending the cart contents to Analytics upon successful checkout through Express so that the transactions can be tracked inside of GA, not the basic urchinTracker() stuff.

Google Analytics e-commerce integration shouldn't be handled within payment modules. It should be handled elsewhere in the checkout flow, after the payment module reports that the payment has been processed. There is a Google Analytics contribution that does this. it should work with all modules that work in the standard way. (Note that the osCommerce PayPal IPN module does not.)

Have a look at this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3756

Note that it includes both the basic urchinTracker and the e-commerce code. I haven't looked at the latest version, but the earlier versions had issues with the format of data sent to Google; namely that it didn't suppress the thousands separator or set the radix point to '.' when sending numeric values. The fix is posted in the support thread, and may be incorporated into the latest version.

--Glen

Hello,

Great contrib. I know a lot of work/hours/debugging went into developing it. However, the flow is slighly incorrect, both in the "official" PayPal release (which is just their hack of an original module), and this one. There is somehow a misnomer that the EC button is required to be on the checkout_shipping page and that is not the case.

There is no need to keep presenting the EC buttons all over the place. It is superfluous. There is no requirement that says you have to present the EC button before the shipping calculation. EC is a checkout method, and paypal direct is a payment method. That is where the confusion lies.

The ONLY requirement is that you must offer both EC and Direct Payment options, along with ANY other payment options your website might offer. The EC button must be presented as a "checkout method", which is correct on the Shopping_Cart page. But unless the user clicks the EC button on the shopping cart page, the user should be presented with the methods of payment, PayPal Direct, Authorize.net, Cybersource, it doesnt matter, you can have a hundred of them. You can have another EC button if you want but it isnt required once you have presented it as a checkout method. It does not need to be on the checkout_shipping and then again on the checkout_payment (I know it can be turned off for checkout_payment in Admin but it shouldnt even be there at all as it is totally confusing to users at that point).

Once the user chooses a checkout or payment method (whether by clicking the EC button or from the next page with choices of payment methods), it is assumed (im paraphrasing from PP's Developers guide) that the user has selected THE payment method they want to check out with. Therefore it is redundant and confusing to the user to display any more methods once they have chosen.

<<<Developers guide: Website Payments Pro must be integrated on your website in the following ways. You must:Present the PayPal Express Checkout button and associated messaging before requesting postal address, billing address, and financial information. PayPal account holders should not be required to enter any of this information on your website, because the information is available from their PayPal accounts. Display PayPal (Direct) as an option together with other payment methods, wherever other payment methods are offered. Present the PayPal mark graphic wherever other payment marks are displayed.

>>>

The standard OSC procedure of choosing a payment method should be followed: all methods in the same place, just like a stock install of OSC has it, and the user can choose and complete the transaction with the chosen method. The ONLY diference with PayPal Website Payments Pro is that you are required to present the EC button as a CHECKOUT method, NOT a Payment method (hence, if they dont select it, your obligation of presenting it has been met). The confusion is that EC is not a payment method, it is a checkout method, and therefore a secondary checkout button/option as shown in the users guide.

You are not breaking a TOS to not have the EC button anywhere but on the Shopping Cart page, in fact, you are following the developers guide exactly. If you want to present the EC button on every page of your site, thats up to you, but it is only required on the Shopping Cart page to be used as a CHECKOUT METHOD... it isnt a payment method!!

See the diagram. If the user doesnt click the EC button from the Shopping Cart page, you are only obligated to offer them PayPal direct along with any other payment methods you may have, if any.

paypal.gif

Again, great contribution and I hope I dont sound like too much of a ***ch but I've been reading all over the place that its in PP's TOS about the EC button and that simply is not the case. I modified this particular shop with your fantastic contib and I do thank you for it and your dedication to it very much :)

I can tell you put a lot of work into writing that, and you're partially right, but the placement on the shipping page is correct. Read that paragraph from their documentation again:

"You must present the PayPal Express Checkout button and associated messaging before requesting postal address, billing address, and financial information."

"Must" means that 100% of the customers must see the button 100% of the time when they're checking out, but before they are asked for their shipping information or billing information. osCommerce is designed where the shopping cart is not apart of the checkout process. That is (if the "send to cart" config variable is set like this), I can select 10 products, add them to my cart and checkout without ever actually seeing the shopping cart. It's no more attached to the checkout process than the account page or the contact us page.

The page that everyone sees no matter what is the checkout_shipping.php page, and the button is placed before it asks for any customer shipping or billing information. Note the graphic that you posted and how there is no "Checkout" link in their design. In their design, you must go through the shopping cart in order to checkout.

The button placement on the login page is something that can go, but I think it's a nice feature. It's only visible when the customer has clicked the "Checkout" link, and instead of creating an account, they can click one button and start going through the checkout process immediately.

I uploaded the latest UK version to try on my new store.

Everything works fine, and well done to all who have worked on this great contribution, but there is one small niggle.

When a customer pays using switch it doesn't complete the transaction it only authorizes the amount.

You have to manually capure each amount in your PayPal account, I don't know how hard this is to fix?

I'm sure some technical wizard could sort this then it be 100%

I also installed the currency updater as recommended but noticed the rates used are different to that of PayPal?

PS I'm not complaining just reporting bugs as requested.

You guys simply blow me away with your programming skills, you are truly talented.

That's not a bug, it's by design. From the developer documentation:

If the credit card type is Switch or Solo:

1. The value of PaymentAction

must be Authorization.

2. The currencyId must be GBP.

Dear Brian,

My store is now live from today. Many thanks!!!

There still seem to be a problem that I don't know how to solve.

When we sign in and choose Paypal Express we reach eventually somewhere on the payment page, at the last stage before the final confirmation, stuck in loop where it displays on a red bar the following error:

"Please select a payment method for your order."

That is also a pointer that sends me back to the Payment Method...

Yet, if I do the checkout pressing on the yellow Paypal button present on the Login page, I do not have this problem.

You may see our online store and the problem live here: www.verifresh.com/onlinestore

The Credit card payment is fine.

I would really appreciate any sugestion that may help pass over this loop.

Best,

Theodore