• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal WPP Direct Payments & Express Checkout Support

dynamoeffects

Hey, everyone. I've been using this contribution for about three weeks, now, and it works great. I prefer to have people use the Direct Pay method instead of the Express Pay, to be honest. I usually don't get any errors with processing cards unless a customer:

a - enters the wrong credit card type (such as Mastercard instead of Visa).

b - enters the wrong credit card number.

c - enters the wrong CVV2 number.

I do get some of the errors that others have been experiencing here, but they are few and far between and most of those errors I can simply process using the PayPal Virtual Terminal. But it's that last issue above that I'd like to address on my site. I find that most people are simply confused as to what the CVV2 number is. Most other ecommerce sites provide a pop-up link that will visually display where these numbers are located on various different cards. I would like to do the same. However, I am having a mother of a time trying to figure out how to implement this with this contribution. Nothing that I've tried has worked, and I can't figure out how to get the contribution to understand what I want it to do. Putting the po-up code into the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION variable does not work at all.

So I was wondering if someone had a solution for this? I'd like the link to appear right after the field for entering the CVV2 number, much like it appears on so many other ecommerce sites. I have a sort-of solution in place, where the CVV2 explanation is displayed if someone clicks a link in my Information box, but this is not the best solution. Anyone have a similar thing in place, and would you be willing to disseminate your wisdom?

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Shoulda knocked on wood. Just last night I posted saying I wasn't getting any errors that weren't easy to deal with. Well, this morning the system proved me wrong.

I have three e-mail notifications in my inbox with the following message:

The following message to <[email protected]> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'DNS Hard Error looking up dcc.paypal.com (MX): NXDomain'

I don't know if this is a problem with the contribution or something outside. I'm wondering if PayPal has made a change to anything? I can't tell if this error is the result of using Direct Pay or Express Pay. Has anyone run into this before? I use GoDaddy as my host. Most of the time, the contribution works great.

I hate errors that don't make sense.

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

For your first question, you need to modify both the checkout_payment.php page to add a javascript function that opens the popup, then add the link that activates it to the payment module.

For the second question, I've never seen that error before so I'm guessing that you're using PayPal's version with their SDK, so you should ask them what's going on. If not, correct me.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I find that most people are simply confused as to what the CVV2 number is. Most other ecommerce sites provide a pop-up link that will visually display where these numbers are located on various different cards. I would like to do the same. However, I am having a mother of a time trying to figure out how to implement this with this contribution. Nothing that I've tried has worked, and I can't figure out how to get the contribution to understand what I want it to do. Putting the po-up code into the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CHECKNUMBER_LOCATION variable does not work at all.

So I was wondering if someone had a solution for this? I'd like the link to appear right after the field for entering the CVV2 number, much like it appears on so many other ecommerce sites. I have a sort-of solution in place, where the CVV2 explanation is displayed if someone clicks a link in my Information box, but this is not the best solution. Anyone have a similar thing in place, and would you be willing to disseminate your wisdom?

Thanks!

I created a solution for my site last July and mentioned it here. I never did get around to making it language independent. I'll have another look at packaging it up for public consumption.

--Glen

Maybe this has been covered somewhere in the forum. But I would like to ask that I dl wpp 0.8.2 and the change of shipping address from paypal in checkout_shipping page to the checkout_confirmation page isn't working. In the checkout_shipping page buyers are able to change their shipping address through their paypal account via EC but when it arrives to the checkout_confirmation page. The delievery address is changed back to the orginal address they put in for my site's account they created. Did I dl a wrong version module. Or is this a bug that will be fixed in future update release? Thanks.

I just started working on this and already I'm lost. I read the installation instructions and requested an API Credential according to Step #1;1-4. How am I supposed to download this according to #5 in Step #1? All I see are buttons 'Print this Page' or 'Remove'. I see my credentials, API username, API password, etc. but it's only viewable as text on the web page.

Right now I'm totally stuck and not sure what to try next please help! :(

I'm using the Payapl Pro Credit Card Payment module. I am testing the module with my own credit cards and it only works with 1 of my cards. However with all the cards it says the order was placed and I get no error codes. The one that went though is in my paypal account ready to capture the funds and the other two went straight to my error processing section.

The one order that did go 100% was while using my Paypal debit card is that the only reason why it went though?

Any ideas of what this could be?

Thanks!

@aheisey: Go into your account in PayPal and view the certificates. Remove the one you created, then create a new one. This time, choose the second option that talks about third-party service providers. I believe the title is: "API Certificate Request". Then you'll have an option to download the certificate.

@rev2red: What errors did you receive?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I am in the UK

I installed dynamoeffects latest version and the PayPal side works great. But when I choose to pay not through PayPal and by card the payment isn't processed in real time I receive an email with the details for me to manually process the payment? is this correct.

I have also installed the official PayPal UK contibution, PayPal side works great, and Credit Card payments work great and are processed in real time.

But all payments are declined if paying by Switch/Maestro this is basically due to the fact that you have to enter an issue number and there is no where to enter it?

Does anyone know what would be involved in adding the facility to include an issue number in the payment payment page?

Thanks Frank

No, that means it failed. I have an even later version of the PayPal module that works a little better in the UK. It has full Solo/Switch support. I'll try to clean it up and get it out sometime today or Monday.

No, that means it failed. I have an even later version of the PayPal module that works a little better in the UK. It has full Solo/Switch support. I'll try to clean it up and get it out sometime today or Monday.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I look forward to receiving it.

Thanks again Frank

For your first question, you need to modify both the checkout_payment.php page to add a javascript function that opens the popup, then add the link that activates it to the payment module.

For the second question, I've never seen that error before so I'm guessing that you're using PayPal's version with their SDK, so you should ask them what's going on. If not, correct me.

Brian,

Regarding your answer to my second question, I'm not using PayPal's version as far as I know. The only version I installed is the one you made and which this thread supports. It's been working great, but these messages started popping up in the last few days and I want to make sure they are not going to come back and bite me.

I'm not a coder, so I'm not sure where in the checkout_payment.php I'd have to insert the javascript. But it's not something that I'm terribly concerned about at the moment. I'll look at Steve Dallas' solution that he mentioned.

Thanks!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

-Dave Barry

Is there a way to find out exactly what is getting sent to paypal via some type of debug email ... or something?

Ever since I enabled free shipping, I am getting this error back from Paypal :

[shortMessage] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

[LongMessage] => Shipping total is invalid.

[ErrorCode] => 10427

I want to see exactly what is getting sent to paypal for "shipping total".

Thanks!

Is there a way to find out exactly what is getting sent to paypal via some type of debug email ... or something?

Go into the module's settings page and set "Debug Mode" to "True". Error dumps will be sent to the address set in Configuration->My Store->E-Mail Address.

--Glen

Go into the module's settings page and set "Debug Mode" to "True". Error dumps will be sent to the address set in Configuration->My Store->E-Mail Address.

--Glen

Hi Glen, I do have that set, but I need to know how to find out the exact AMOUNTS being sent to paypal.

From the error I received, Paypal does not like what I am sending in the "SHIPPING" field, so I'd like to see what that is.

Thanks!!

Bill

Hi Glen, I do have that set, but I need to know how to find out the exact AMOUNTS being sent to paypal.

From the error I received, Paypal does not like what I am sending in the "SHIPPING" field, so I'd like to see what that is.

Thanks!!

Bill

Somewhere in the error dump will be an entry labeled ShippingTotal. There will be two entries; the first being the field definition, the second will have the value sent to PayPal.

--Glen

Maybe this has been covered somewhere in the forum. But I would like to ask that I dl wpp 0.8.2 and the change of shipping address from paypal in checkout_shipping page to the checkout_confirmation page isn't working. In the checkout_shipping page buyers are able to change their shipping address through their paypal account via EC but when it arrives to the checkout_confirmation page. The delievery address is changed back to the orginal address they put in for my site's account they created. Did I dl a wrong version module. Or is this a bug that will be fixed in future update release? Thanks.

Set "Address Override" to true.

dynamoeffects:

I did try it on both cases where the address override is set to true or false. But at the end when it goes to the checkout_confirmation page before I click to confirm the order. I see the delivevery address is being switch back to the orginal address the user created in the account(whether in Payapl account or my website account depending if the address override is false or true respectively) rather than the one I changed earlier in the checkout_shipping page. Anybody else experienced that kind of problem?

I appreciate that you must be very busy been so talented.

Have you any news when this may be done?

Thanks Frank

Version 0.9 with CCGV, additional currency, and Switch/Solo support has been uploaded. Post bug reports here.

As a side note, I noticed some unusual behavior with orders. If you order 1 of something, or 1 of multiple somethings, the order will be itemized in your paypal account. If you order 2 of an item, the itemized order doesn't show up. This is why some orders will be itemized and others no. As far as I can tell, this is a PayPal issue because if the order was incorrect, even by a penny, they would reject it.

Okay, I'm new to this whole WPD stuff, i've installed the contrib and i get the following errors after I click continue on the checkout_payment page

Warning: curl_error(): 54 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/the10000/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 408

Warning: curl_errno(): 54 is not a valid cURL handle resource in /home/the10000/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php on line 408

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/the10000/public_html/shop/includes/modules/payment/paypal_wpp.php:408) in /home/the10000/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Please someone save me!