• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

Vianna1111

Hello All,

I just installed the above contribution (Product Attributes - Option Type Feature) and I am having a problem with the option values changing for each product I insert, I really need for the options to stay in the same format that I've created, and remain consistent thereafter. I've been working on this a lot so maybe I'm missing something obvious :blush:.

EXAMPLE

Available Options

Business Card

*Attributes*

Select Box (pulldown)

-Blank (so customer is not automatically charged an option they didn't want)

-Textured (+ .50)

-Glossy ( + 1.00)

1. Business Name (text box) - Customer enter's Business Name

2. Business Address (text box) - Customer enter's Business Name

3. Business Website Address (text box) - Customer enter's website address.

(these appear in aphabetical order, would like to change this if possible)

ectera...but the main problem I'm having seems to be the "select" pull down menu.

No matter what order I insert the attributes the select box doesn't stay the same. When I try to add the same or similiar attributes to another products, the "Glossy" options is on top, or the "Textured" is on top....this changes everytime I insert or apply attributes to a product using the select feature....and, the select box doesn't always stay on top of the other optional information. There seems to be no sort order with the select attribute...

I hope i am explaining this correctly....please help anybody! :D

Edited by Vianna1111

Excuse my ignorance!

Where do I find SQL Table?

No Problem...I was wondering this very thing a couple of weeks ago! LOL

Not sure who your hosting with, but my SQL table is located in my control panel. I have "My PHP Admin" installed on my server and this is where I sorted the table.

Let me know if need more info.

Edited by Vianna1111

Please Excuse more ignorance, I made it to PHP Myadmin, and then had no clue what to do next. Please describe the process for us as I have found

this question posted other places and plan to direct them here.

Thank you very much.

Please Excuse more ignorance, I made it to PHP Myadmin, and then had no clue what to do next. Please describe the process for us as I have found

Thank you very much.

Sorry to just get back with you...I really just stumbled across fixing this. It's going to take me a minute to remember what I did :(, I should have wrote it down then...I'll update as soon as I figure out how I did it.

Thank you very much.

Ok, I think I finally figured out how I sorted my product attributes.

1. Log into ?phpMyAdmin?.

2. Select appropriate database (database name) from the pull-menu located in top left.

3. Click on the ?products_attributes? table link (located in left panel).

4. Select the ?Operations? tab located near the top of the main window.

5. Where is says ?Alter table order by :? Select the appropriate attribute you would like to sort by. (I wanted my attributes to sort by price, so I selected ?options_values_price?.

6. Click ?Go?.

It?s working for me so far today...I had to change the attributes of some of my products today and I noticed it wasn't sorting like before, but it could have something to do with me inserting these products before I stumbled across how I sorted them initially. Anyway I hope this helps and I?d back up the database first (I believe you back up the database in your control panel. :D

Ok, I think I finally figured out how I sorted my product attributes.

1. Log into ?phpMyAdmin?.

2. Select appropriate database (database name) from the pull-menu located in top left.

3. Click on the ?products_attributes? table link (located in left panel).

4. Select the ?Operations? tab located near the top of the main window.

5. Where is says ?Alter table order by :? Select the appropriate attribute you would like to sort by. (I wanted my attributes to sort by price, so I selected ?options_values_price?.

6. Click ?Go?.

It?s working for me so far today...I had to change the attributes of some of my products today and I noticed it wasn't sorting like before, but it could have something to do with me inserting these products before I stumbled across how I sorted them initially. Anyway I hope this helps and I?d back up the database first (I believe you back up the database in your control panel. :D

*Note*I had to "Alter table order by" before I made the updates, I'm assuming I had to do this because these products already had attributes.

Additional steps if product already has attributes:

1. Delete the respective attributes in your catalog/product attributes.

2. In ?phpMyAdmin?, optimize the table (the optimize table option is also located near the bottom of the "Operations" page).

3. "Alter table order by :? (select the appropriate attribute you would like to sort by).

4. Insert the new attributes in your catalog/product attributes in the order you want them to appear.

Edited by Vianna1111

• 2 weeks later...

With this contribution, I use "text area" attributes with some of my products and was having the issue with text over extending the table in the following files.

catolog/includes/modules/email_invoice/templates/invoice.php (if you use the email invoice contribution)

catalog/account_history_info.php

catalog/checkout_confirmation.php

admin/invoice.php

admin/packslip.php

I believe those are all the files which need to be changed.

Find the following code:

echo '<br><nobr><small>?<i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nobr>';

and change to:

echo '<br><nl2br><small>?<i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . '</i></small></nl2br>';

I hope this helps someone...

Note: The above code might be slightly different in some files, but what needs to be changed is in bold.

Edited by Vianna1111

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to know if anyone can help me...

I have option type feature working nicely. But my problem is instead of having the field in product_info.php.

I would like to have the field outside and display the field in product_listing.php or shopping_cart.php.

can anyone help me out.