• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

I have read through this support thread plus support for Option Type Feature.

I am looking for anyone who has combined the two add-ons (Attribute Sets + Option Type)

Both seem to work perfectly but just prior to completing the check-out process the option type (text field info) disappears from the order. The session seems to retain it but it looks like it fails to write to the database.

I tested Option Type Feature WITHOUT the attribute set and it works to that point.

any ideas? anyone???

Hi

Sorry for delay - I don't keep up with this as much as I used too (as most issues are coverred now!).

I have option type feature working with ASP (it's great by the way - recommend to everyone!); however I seem to remember (this is going back 2 or 3 years!) I did have some issues similar to your description and had to jig the code a little. I cannot see how ASP would effect OTF though, as ASP does not change any standard code in the catalog at all (apart from a little display work that is optional anyway and effects nothing else) and certainly changes nothing in the checkout process.

If you let me know which file is giving you the issue (provide url) maybe I can provide something for you to compare if that helps - but my code may have custom changes (although normally commented).

cheers

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

i've just installed this excellent contrib which works fine, until I go to the online gallery, select a product and I get the folloing under the description with no drop down selection box

1146 - Table 'grdigitalartworld_gall1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS' doesn't exist

SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pase.sort_order FROM products_attributes pa, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS pas2pa, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS pas, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_ELEMENTS pase, products_options_values pov WHERE pa.products_id = '32' AND pa.options_id = '6' AND pas2pa.products_id = pa.products_id AND pas.products_attributes_sets_id = pas2pa.products_attributes_sets_id AND pas.products_options_id = pa.options_id AND pase.products_attributes_sets_id = pas.products_attributes_sets_id AND pase.options_values_id = pa.options_values_id AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id AND pov.language_id = '1' ORDER BY pase.sort_order, pa.options_values_id

[TEP STOP]

Available Options:

Running the database query and checking the tables existed was the first thing I did as per the instructions. I've double checked the table is in the database and it definately is. So would anyone else be able to throw some light on whaat is happening here/

Cheers

Gill

Hi Everyone

i've just installed this excellent contrib which works fine, until I go to the online gallery, select a product and I get the folloing under the description with no drop down selection box

1146 - Table 'grdigitalartworld_gall1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS' doesn't exist

SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pase.sort_order FROM products_attributes pa, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS pas2pa, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS pas, TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_ELEMENTS pase, products_options_values pov WHERE pa.products_id = '32' AND pa.options_id = '6' AND pas2pa.products_id = pa.products_id AND pas.products_attributes_sets_id = pas2pa.products_attributes_sets_id AND pas.products_options_id = pa.options_id AND pase.products_attributes_sets_id = pas.products_attributes_sets_id AND pase.options_values_id = pa.options_values_id AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id AND pov.language_id = '1' ORDER BY pase.sort_order, pa.options_values_id

[TEP STOP]

Available Options:

Running the database query and checking the tables existed was the first thing I did as per the instructions. I've double checked the table is in the database and it definately is. So would anyone else be able to throw some light on whaat is happening here/

Cheers

Gill

SOLVED! I forgot to upload the second database_tables.php file as in Step 5.2 :'(

Oh heellp - what do I do now?

http://grdigitalartworld.110mb.com/product...?products_id=32

If you could take a look at the above link please?

My product has 3 differant Attribute Sets with something like 6-9 values in each set. I want the customer to be able to choose 1 option only from the 3 sets which goes into the basket. I would also prefer not to have have a price show in the topright hand corner. I have put in a script to stop that from happening if the price is set to 0 but if I leave it at zero I loose the add to cart button.

So my question is how do I get around all of that and how do i write it?- I havent a clue!

Something tells me Im definately not going to solve this one on my own.

Cheers

Gill

Attributes Sets Plus Support Announcement

It is two and a half years since I launched ASP and I believe all issues that will arise have already arisen and been dealt with somewhere in this thread.

It is now time for me to back off and withdraw from supporting this contribution.

I will still be available for contact and I may pop in now and again but it will be on the back burner.

Enjoy ASP and if anyone would like offer their ongoing support for this contribution please go ahead.

my best to all

Chris. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional set contrib, Toasty!

The first time I ran it, I got this error; but, was unable to reproduce. Just thought I would put it out there for future reference.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.98, price_prefix = '+', sort_order = 7 WH

UPDATE products_attributes_sets_elements SET options_values_id = 33, options_values_price = 0.000025.98, price_prefix = '+', sort_order = 7 WHERE products_attributes_sets_elements_id = 44

1. I can add more atributes to a SET, if i have to do it, i DO have to create a new set, :(

Please see this page for supplemental support information about this issue: http://portallink.linkmatics.com/aspscreenshots icon10.gif

Rob

----------

working on a way to make Price Groups, any ideas?

Hi Toasty,

has the status changed since your post? Has someone come up with a mod to allow this function?

i have a slight problem, in that once i assign a set to a product, i cannot remove it by un selecting the box in products_attributes_sets_edit.php. I can ad sets by using that screen but not remove them. The only way i can remove a set from a product is by actually unselecting it in the on the same page used to edit the product details in categories.php

This is a documented issue. You must remove sets using the product edit as you have described.

Rob

----------

working on a way to make Price Groups, any ideas?

darn, 4 years solving problems and I miss him by 10 days. Maybe some1 else might know:

I'm running a custom template store with as+ as the only contribution atm. I'm haven't noticed any problems with functionality, however I am getting an extra column on my product preview pages. It contains 5 sections: product categories, a manufacturer drop down, a "featured item" box (it doesn't actually say that, but has an item), a search field, and a final box with policy links (shipping, privacy statement, yadayada).

I believe the mistake I made was simply copying and pasting the contributions files during install, which were probably written for a "vanilla" osc store. (I did this cuz, hey, it's first contribution I want to start with)

can anyone recomend what file is the likely culprit and/or any other clues. Perhaps I could just delete these out if I know where to find them?

Thanks.

follow up: yea, the catalog/product_info.php needed to have the codes manually edited, rather than just copying and pasting the whole file as I did.

I'm no expert at oscommerce by any means, but I'm noticing that 75% of my problems with contribution installs come from differences in writting between the template store and the default store... and 90% of those are related the the catalog/product_info.php file. Just a mention to those like myself whom are starting out and using a custom template....so don't blame the contribution until you've totally ruled out manual error! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this contri works great.

I just have a problem with VAT.

All products in my store are showed excluding VAT.

VAT will be added during checkout procedure.

When I choose a product where I have used attribute sets, the VAT will not be added at all, for other products it works correctly.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Ellen

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, this contri works great.

I just have a problem with VAT.

All products in my store are showed excluding VAT.

VAT will be added during checkout procedure.

When I choose a product where I have used attribute sets, the VAT will not be added at all, for other products it works correctly.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Ellen

Well this is a new one. I have a hunch it is to do with your process for adding the products - it is highly unlikely that it is anything to do with ASP. Is the tax class set up correctly on the product? The only pricing involvement from ASP is to include the 'attributes' price (if required) - the core product information (ie Tax) is not effected by ASP.

regards

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an issue where I have color swatches on some of my product options and the attribute sets module is over writting them on every product update.

Basically I would like it to not do that if the product hasn't been updated.

I have played around with this for hours and no luck

I know this code does all the deleting and updating

I am hoping someone can help me change it so it doesnt update all the attribute sets of the product when you are just editing the name etc.

// BOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus

function jjg_db_attributeSets($arr_attributeSetID, $productID, $action, $arr_remove_sets = array(), $link = 'db_link'){

if( $action == 'update_product' || 'delete_product_confirm' ){

for($j=0; $j<count($arr_attributeSetID); $j++){

if( empty($arr_attributeSetID[$j]) ){

continue;

}

$options_query = "SELECT pas.products_options_id

FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS ." pas

WHERE pas.products_attributes_sets_id = " . (int)$arr_attributeSetID[$j];

$products_attributes_options_query = tep_db_query($options_query, $link);

// Changed delete to only delete those options from product attributes that are currently in Attributes Sets - leaves existing options on product

// This could be done in single delete query but split with above select for now

while ($products_attributes_delete_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_options_query)){

$delete_query = "

DELETE FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .

" WHERE products_id=" . $productID . "

AND options_id=" . $products_attributes_delete_options['products_options_id'] . " ";

tep_db_query($delete_query, $link);

}

$delete_query = "

DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS . "

WHERE products_attributes_sets_id = " . $arr_attributeSetID[$j] . "

AND products_id = " . $productID;

tep_db_query($delete_query, $link);

}

}

//if you remove the product, then our work is done

if( $action == 'delete_product_confirm' ){

return;

}

reset($arr_attributeSetID);

for($j=0; $j<count($arr_attributeSetID); $j++){

if( empty($arr_attributeSetID[$j]) ){

continue;

}

if( in_array($arr_attributeSetID[$j], $arr_remove_sets) ){

continue;

}

$select_query = "select pas.products_options_id, pase.options_values_id, pase.options_values_price, pase.price_prefix, pase.sort_order

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS . " pas, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_ELEMENTS . " pase

WHERE pas.products_attributes_sets_id = " . $arr_attributeSetID[$j] . "

AND pase.products_attributes_sets_id = " . $arr_attributeSetID[$j] . " ";

$products_attributes_sets_query = tep_db_query($select_query, $link);

while ($products_attributes_sets_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_sets_query)){

$valOptions_id = $products_attributes_sets_values['products_options_id'];

$valOptions_values_id = $products_attributes_sets_values['options_values_id'];

$valOptions_values_price = $products_attributes_sets_values['options_values_price'];

$valPrice_prefix = $products_attributes_sets_values['price_prefix'];

$insert_query = "insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .

" (products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix) values ".

" (".$productID.",".$valOptions_id.",".$valOptions_values_id.",".$valOptions_values_price.",'".$valPrice_prefix."')";

tep_db_query($insert_query, $link);

}

//END OF FETCH WHILE LOOP

$insert_query = "insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS .

" (products_attributes_sets_id, products_id) values (".$arr_attributeSetID[$j].",".$productID.")";

tep_db_query($insert_query, $link);

}

}

Hey everyone, I am a bit knew to OSCommerce but i used this contrib and installed with success, at least i thought. I am able to creat attribute sets and assign them to a product i do not see the sizes i created when i shop. no drop down or check box appears when i view a product. could anybody help?

Thanks

PB

Is there a way to make the order of items alphabetical? I put the items in alphabetical but osCommerce arranged them in a different order.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm getting this error when I try to add a Attrubute set to a product:

If I do not select a set and click save then I get ""Product Update Successful""

Can someone help me please......

I had the old jj attribute set installed that I never got to work, I uninstalled it

and installed attribute set plus. When I tryed to upload the new sql it was denied

beacause Duplicate;

# drop table products_attributes_sets;

# drop table products_attributes_sets_to_products;

so I was just able to upload;

drop table products_attributes_sets_elements;

1054 - Unknown column 'pas.products_options_id' in 'field list'

SELECT pas.products_options_id FROM products_attributes_sets pas WHERE pas.products_attributes_sets_id = 2

[TEP STOP]

Please Help!

Can I just stop by and say that I have successfully installed this contribution this morning and I am so very very pleased. I thought it was written up with clear instructions and well commented edits for adding to a pre existing store. Oh how I wish they were all written like this. I failed to be able to install QT Pro which I really needed for customer options and stock control on my range of similar products but no matter what I did I failed, even on a fresh install, go figure!! This goes halfway to fulfilling my needs and I am extremely grateful. I will have to manually watch the stock but at least the customers (If I open on time and actually have any LOL) can make the choices required.

I am no expert guys but if you go through this contribution instructions really carefully and miss nothing out it will and does work like a charm. Takes a little figuring out how to set up the Attribute sets to match your personal shop requirements but I have managed it all and it took 1 1/2 hours which for me must be a record haha! I may be back with egg on my face but for now its FAB FAB FAB...

Grateful thanks to all contributors.

Heather

(No link to live store yet sorry as I am not open, 3 weeks to go....)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys, I'm getting this error when I try to add a Attrubute set to a product:

If I do not select a set and click save then I get ""Product Update Successful""

Can someone help me please......

I had the old jj attribute set installed that I never got to work, I uninstalled it

and installed attribute set plus. When I tryed to upload the new sql it was denied

beacause Duplicate;

# drop table products_attributes_sets;

# drop table products_attributes_sets_to_products;

so I was just able to upload;

drop table products_attributes_sets_elements;

1054 - Unknown column 'pas.products_options_id' in 'field list'

SELECT pas.products_options_id FROM products_attributes_sets pas WHERE pas.products_attributes_sets_id = 2

[TEP STOP]

Please Help!

Well, sounds liek you only uninstalled the php code from that old contribution and not the mysql code that it installled..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!