• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

Can't edit posts.. hm, anyway:

I installed/changed files/etc/etc just need that one table to insert correctly... does the error have anything to do with other contributions installed?

How strange - you seem to have uncovered a wee problemette; and yet no-one else has complained for over a year. I'm confused!

Can you tell me which version of MySql you are using please.

In the meantime, try this to replace the one that does not work:

CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets (

products_attributes_sets_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_attributes_sets_name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',

products_options_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY (products_attributes_sets_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Please do give feedback and MySql version.

cheers

Chris.

MySQL version: 5.0.27-standard

I thought as much - I have a suspician MySQL v5 is stricter and it has picked up an omission from the original SQL script. It is possible this could cause issues if people later upgrade to v5. Here is a DB update for anyone that needs it (not you jaide!):

When I get a moment I will post an update for the contrib. In the meantime, for those in the SQL know that wish to update their live DB (always backup first!) you need to:

[NOTE: Only recommended if you have some idea what you are doing. No guarantees !]

1. Check if you have any empty values (that is '' [note no space between the single quotes]) in the table products_attributes_sets in the column column products_options_id (I don't think you will have any rows like this). To check you can run this in the SQL box in phpMyAdmin:

select * from products_attributes_sets 
where products_options_id = '';

NOTE: '' is a single quote twice.

2. If you have any rows returned from 1. then run this in the SQL box:

Update products_attributes_sets
set products_options_id = '0'
where products_options_id='';

3. In ALL cases (Do 1 & 2 first) THEN:

Click on the table products_attributes_sets and ensure you are on the STRUCTURE tab of phpMyAdmin

Find the products_options_id row and click the Edit button_edit.pngicon

Update the Default** column and change the value to 0 (that is a digit zero).

Click Save

Job Done.

If you ar not using phpMyAdmin you should be able to work out from the above what needs to be done.

cheers

Chris.

Hm, I can't delete products or attrib. sets from products

You will have to be more specific.

What are the symptoms?

What is the url?

What did you do?

Do you get an error? (what does it say)

Come on Jaide - work with me. I am a scientist not a medium!

Linkmatics Attribute Sets Plus v1.2 now uploaded to contributions.

This is a FULL PACKAGE of Attributes Sets Plus.

This update is due to the discovery of a minor (installation) issue with the structure of a database table when using MySQL v.5.x

* This new package ensures that any new installs will work with MySQL version 5.x

* There are NO CHANGES to the functionality in this package.

* There are no known issues with existing installations.

regards

Chris

You will have to be more specific.

What are the symptoms?

What is the url?

What did you do?

Do you get an error? (what does it say)

Come on Jaide - work with me. I am a scientist not a medium!

Sorry!

Symptoms - it shows as everything is working normal, I get success pages, but the changes are not reflected on the site, or when I go back to the products I edited in the admin panel

URL (to my site?): http://www.ezdecal.com

What did you do - I go to admin, click the AS button, uncheck the sets, click save, "Successful", I check the product on my site, still has all AS

Do you get an error - no error, it loads as normal, says successful, I check on my site/admin, and still there.

Sorry!

Symptoms - it shows as everything is working normal, I get success pages, but the changes are not reflected on the site, or when I go back to the products I edited in the admin panel

URL (to my site?): http://www.ezdecal.com

What did you do - I go to admin, click the AS button, uncheck the sets, click save, "Successful", I check the product on my site, still has all AS

Do you get an error - no error, it loads as normal, says successful, I check on my site/admin, and still there.

In a blinding rush but if I remember correctly this is a known issue. If you wish to remove from the product you need to edit the product and click the items to remove - it will then work.

Removing via the AS icon does not work for some reason but as the work-around works fine I have never needed to fix. This app is supported on an 'as needed' basis !

regards

Chris.

It does work that way, thanks Chris. I still have trouble deleting a product but that must be my own fault for possibly not copying/pasting the changed codes correctly. I can always put the item out of stock and it doesn't show on the site.

This update is due to the discovery of a minor (installation) issue with the structure of a database table when using MySQL v.5.x

* This new package ensures that any new installs will work with MySQL version 5.x

regards

Chris

Just installed this contribution for the first time.

All went perfectly and works very well on the site.

Only one thing noted, the sort no does not work. even though I have set fixed sort no. it appears on the site in different sort no.

Can some one help with this.

Kunal

regards

Chris

Just installed this contribution for the first time.

All went perfectly and works very well on the site.

Only one thing noted, the sort no does not work. even though I have set fixed sort no. it appears on the site in different sort no.

Can some one help with this.

Kunal

The sorting is a known issue for some..... and not for others.

I do not know why it doesn't work for some and cannot help I'm afraid.

Search this topic for more details/workarounds

regards

Chris.

ps - if you can diagnose it I would be happy to fix it!

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question or not, but here goes. Does this contrib (or any other) allow a shop owner to add a quantity to an attribute?

What I am asking is this.

I have a shirt for sale. I have 1 red size medium, 1 red size lg, 3 green size small and 4 purple size small. With the stock osc it appears as though I would have two options here. List the same shirt multiple times (duplicate content) so I had the correct attributes and stock. Or I could list one shirt with with the color and size options and list it with 9 in stock and hope any one customer only buys 1 and I would have to manually remove that attribute.

How can I list one shirt, a choice of colors and sizes, and only show what is in actual stock? I don't want to sell a size medium purple shirt when I don't have one, nor do I want to duplicate the same product over and over just to be assured I don't oversell stock.

Sorry if that was a long drawn out post for a simple question!

Hi,

I am using Attribute sets and is working well. except the sort problem.

Just wondered if it is possible to add a pic to the Set?

for example:

Scart Cable - Then a pic of it and then the drop down list with different cable lengths and prices according to cable length.

Currently it is the same as above but without the picture.

Can some one help!!

Kunal

Hi,

for example:

Scart Cable - Then a pic of it and then the drop down list with different cable lengths and prices according to cable length.

Can some one help!!

Kunal

Hi,

for example:

Can some one help!!

Kunal

The sorting is a known issue for some..... and not for others.

I do not know why it doesn't work for some and cannot help I'm afraid.

Search this topic for more details/workarounds

regards

Chris.

ps - if you can diagnose it I would be happy to fix it!

Hi Chris,

It seems that instead of the sort it lays the attributes down based on Option Value in Alphabetical order.

Not sure if this helps to fix the problem.

Regards,

Kunal

PS - Also want to say sorry for the double / tripple posts that are coming up it seems the server crashes and then reloads and by that time it adds the post 2 or 3 times.

great contrib - installed with a few errors, doubled checked over the instructions and found i missed a couple spots or weren't completely replaced by dreamweaver's replace function, and all is well!

thanks for the good stuff! saves a GANG of time over the one-by-one method! plus it doesn't interrupt previous attribute modifications, but instead works with them. fantastic work!

Its a pleasure - and great to hear how useful it is - its rare to get positive comments just for the sake of it so its double great to hear!

Enjoy the fruits of Open Source !

Hi There!!!!

Please forgive my ignorance... but when in comes to attributes.... I am a bit of a Newbee....

I just installed this contribution.... and well... stupid as it may sound.... I dont get it. What does it do exactly??? LOL

I see the ability to have attribute sets.... but i dont get what i do after i create a set.

Maybe this is not the right contribution for me???? Most of the products that I am entering into my store will work perfectly with the standard attributes that come with oscommerce.....

if you look at http://www.artbymutation.com/product_info....mp;osCsid=b4986 you will see what I have so far which is basically in the format of

Size 1 Price 1 Qty

Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc.

I would like to be able to add an additional field (if needed) so that I can have it setup to look like

Color 1 Size 1 Price 1 Qty

Color 1 Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc

Color 2 Size 1 Price 1 Qty

Color 2 Size 2 Price 2

Hi There!!!!

Please forgive my ignorance... but when in comes to attributes.... I am a bit of a Newbee....

I just installed this contribution.... and well... stupid as it may sound.... I dont get it. What does it do exactly??? LOL

I see the ability to have attribute sets.... but i dont get what i do after i create a set.

Maybe this is not the right contribution for me???? Most of the products that I am entering into my store will work perfectly with the standard attributes that come with oscommerce.....

if you look at http://www.artbymutation.com/product_info....mp;osCsid=b4986 you will see what I have so far which is basically in the format of

Size 1 Price 1 Qty

Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc.

I would like to be able to add an additional field (if needed) so that I can have it setup to look like

etc

Color 2 Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc

Does this contribution have the ability to do this??? Is there a contribution you can recommend that will allow me to do this????

Thanks...

Mark

Hi There!!!!

Size 1 Price 1 Qty

Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc.

etc

Color 2 Size 2 Price 2 Qty

etc

Does this contribution have the ability to do this??? Is there a contribution you can recommend that will allow me to do this????

Thanks...

Mark

Ok.... So i solved some of my stupidity..... THIS IS COOL!! LOL..... it takes me a minute sometimes...... I must give massive props on the instructions... they were very well laid out, and made sense.... I just didnt know why i was installing this lol.

I am still looking to find a way to add another option to the attributes.... if anybody can help with that i would appreciate it!!!

Thanks...

Ok.... So i solved some of my stupidity..... THIS IS COOL!! LOL..... it takes me a minute sometimes...... I must give massive props on the instructions... they were very well laid out, and made sense.... I just didnt know why i was installing this lol.

I am still looking to find a way to add another option to the attributes.... if anybody can help with that i would appreciate it!!!

Thanks...

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you want but you might like to look at the Options Types contrib. It would allow you to have drop downs (or radio buttons or etxt input etc.) instead of a long list.

e.g. drop down of Color, then of size with associated price

See here for a very old example:Options Types Example

(Note: The example has a customised layout but the principle is the same - each of the boxes you see is an Option with a set of associated attributes).

Hope that helps.

Chris.

I was wondering if it is possible with this contribution to make one attribute change another one.

What I'm trying to do: For a website selling rings.

The bigger the size, the higher the price.

The wider the ring , the higher the price.

Now, the problem is:

Suppose there are 2 options for size: 3 and 4 , and 2 options for width 8 and 9:

Here are the prices I'd want:

Size 3:

-Width 8: 20$

-Width 9: 40$

===>Difference: 20$

Size 4:

-Width 8: 50$

-Width 9: 80$

===>Difference: 30$

So, the difference between width 8 and width 9 is different when the size is 3 versus when the size is 4.

Is this somehow possible to do? With this contribution or with another?

I know this would require javascript. If it is too hard to do, would it maybe be possible to have the price +10% for width 9 for example?

Hope someone understands what I mean :), thanks!