• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hide price that attribute adds & add "quantity att

erikwoods

Before you get mad at me, I searched contributions for hours. I searched the forums but there's just way too much to weed through to find what I need.

This thread is a three part deal.

First, is it possible to hide the price that an attribute adds to the cost of the product?

Example: http://michigantinceilings.com/catalog/pro...250166f13f71ad4

I'm talking about the "(+$$$)" part after every color. Can I hide that and just show the color name for that attribute (and for all other attributes) but still have it apply to the cost of the product?

Second, is it possible to add a "Quantity" attribute or something to set the number of tiles they want with that particular pattern and color, etc? I know you can change the quantity after it is added to the shopping cart but I think it would be nice to do it before that step.

Third, can you show the final cost of the order inside the cart before the user checks out? Like shipping plus taxes included before they make the purchase?

I don't understand how the shipping works otherwise. Does it show up after checking out? How does it work? Does the user see the final price before they are actually charged for the order? I would hope so. And is there a way to test it?

I finally figured out how to get rid of it. It was so simple but I'm just now getting into programming so I would not have understood this before.

If anybody else is interested in getting rid of displaying the added price an attribute adds but still having the functionality of the added price, here's how to do it.

Delete these lines of code

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
		$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
	  }

from catalog/product_info.php

Archived