• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

The BDP should not interfere with the product pages....

But you might have a look at using one of the alternative includes/functions/html_output.php from the BDP , since there might be a copability issue on your hosting/server in regards to the auto thumbnails functions.

This problem only began with BDP actually, or at least that's when I noticed it.

Anyway, I have all the html_output files in the includes, which one is the program calling and which one do I change? Do I just rename the new and the old? I am a real newbie with this so all the details you can give me is appreciated!

Marcia

This problem only began with BDP actually, or at least that's when I noticed it.

Anyway, I have all the html_output files in the includes, which one is the program calling and which one do I change? Do I just rename the new and the old? I am a real newbie with this so all the details you can give me is appreciated!

Marcia

its using the one called html_output.php , you can rename anyone of the others to html_output.php to use it

descriptions on which one does what is in the BDP readme

Hiya, in IE 6 if you load it up, you'll notice that the page goes very wide to the right (you'll have to scroll) and then 'cart contents' etc that are in the grey bar at the top are pushed right over to the right hand side.

Please can you check for me again?

I have cleared cache this end and checked it on several diff machines to find that they all show the error.

Sorry..i see now that there is a problem in ie...can you post the width setting you have in your stylesheet?

Have just downloaded BDP1.9 and it really is a fantastic contrib! So thanks for that.

I have one little problem though, I still have the 'cartoony' icons showing on category pages....I have installed STS too and wandered also if there is any conflicts with the two. With regard to STS I have disabled the modules for it in admin before installing BDP, but thought I should mention it.

Is there any way that I might integrate the two? Needless to say I'm a newbie to osC! :)

Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks again for the contri!

its using the one called html_output.php , you can rename anyone of the others to html_output.php to use it

descriptions on which one does what is in the BDP readme

Thanks, I found one to work!

Now the problem is with my images...they are not showing, just an empty box with a red X. If I click on the box, another screen opens with my image there.

Marcia

Sorry..i see now that there is a problem in ie...can you post the width setting you have in your stylesheet?

HI, thanks for replying.

Here is the snippet for the stylesheet (it is default):

BODY {

text-align: center;

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

.fixcenter {

width: auto;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 10px;

text-align: left;

}

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Have just downloaded BDP1.9 and it really is a fantastic contrib! So thanks for that.

I have one little problem though, I still have the 'cartoony' icons showing on category pages....I have installed STS too and wandered also if there is any conflicts with the two. With regard to STS I have disabled the modules for it in admin before installing BDP, but thought I should mention it.

Is there any way that I might integrate the two? Needless to say I'm a newbie to osC! :)

Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks again for the contri!

I am still experiencing this problem, Could I get any help with it? Anyone? :)

I am still experiencing this problem, Could I get any help with it? Anyone? :)

STS and BDP is probably not compatible.

HI, thanks for replying.

Here is the snippet for the stylesheet (it is default):

BODY {

text-align: center;

margin: 0px;

}

.fixcenter {

width: auto;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 10px;

text-align: left;

}

Do not set width as auto but as 100%

Hi, I have set it to 100% on stylesheet, but on IE6 it is still showing the problem. Can you see it from your end?

I have cleared the cache etc.

Any other suggestions?

In firefox, it looks fine! Very puzzled!

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Hi....

In the footer.php file, after the last </table> but before the last </div> you add this:

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

<br>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

Hi,

I wanted to keep the banners at the bottom when I changed the code above everything worked. Except when I deleted the oscommerce banner everything is back to how it was before not showing the banners what can I do to just have my banners showing?

Hi, I have set it to 100% on stylesheet, but on IE6 it is still showing the problem. Can you see it from your end?

I have cleared the cache etc.

Any other suggestions?

In firefox, it looks fine! Very puzzled!

Try to reinstall the basic design pack

I put back the oscommerce banner and it is showing, but it doesn't seem to allow any other banners to show on refreshing the page only the oscommerce banner appears.

make shure that the other banners you have added in your shops admin has the same banner group name as the oscommerce banner.

I just realized that my last two posts did not go into this topic, so I am posting again here.

I am using the latest Desgin Pack.

I would like it so that the right column (Specials, reviews, etc.) will show up on the store index.php page. It seems to show up on almost every page except the home page (catalog) page.

What do I need to do for it to show up on the store homepage?

(FYI my store is in the root directory of my server-www.mystore.com)

What is strange is that I had a test site with Design Pack and the test site worked how I want. Have no idea why it will not work on the new site-no other contribs at this time.

Has anyone been able to get wishlist contrib to work with design pack.

Also noticing that the footer info does not show on the index(homepage) but it shows up on other pages.

Plus the What's New box does not show up on the bottom also.

If you have a standard oscommerce and then have added the design pack then it should work like any other oscommerce site.

The BDP does not change how the column or boxes are shown it only gives you the added possibilety of adding individual styles to the different boxes.

If you have a standard oscommerce and then have added the design pack then it should work like any other oscommerce site.

That makes total sense to me.

So what can be happening?

I have a default test site http://www.thinforlife.info/oscommerce/catalog/ with BDP and it has the right column, What's New and footer on the homepage.

I have the site that will be live that is at www.aplaceofhopestore.com with BDP and the right column, What's New, and footer does not show up on the homepage.

I guess regardless of why the two are different, where would I go to make the right column and the What's New

I guess regardless of why the two are different, where would I go to make the right column and the What's New

I have posted this question in general support several days ago and here today. Can anybody help me out in where I go to control what info boxes appear in the homepage (it must be different than the other pages). This is got to be basic but I cannot find an answer in the forum.

I have a store that needs to be fully functginal by Dec 1 and I have many contribs to install but don't want to do anything until I can at least get this minor issue working.

I found the file (straightforward like I thought) but it does not make sense why the right column is not showing.

The index.php file shows tghe following when I look at the code:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

So why is it that the right column does not show up on the homepage, but shows up when viewing other pages?

So why is it that the right column does not show up on the homepage, but shows up when viewing other pages?

I have even uploaded the index.php of www.thinforlife.info/oscommerce/catalog (which shows right column properly) to www.aplaceofhopestore.com/index.php and the right column still does not show on homepage (but does show on other pages).

I then took the index.php of www.aplaceofhopestore.com and uploaded it to www.thinforlife.info/oscommerce/catalog and hte homepage displays right column so I now for sure that my index.php file is correct for thobth sites (it is the exact same file).

So there has to be something else wrong. What else determines how the homepage will be displayed?

I thought maybe there was a problem with where my index.php is located (one site has it at the root, the other site has it at oscommerce/catalog) but that can be the problem because I am having the problem on even another test site.

Any ideas?

I have even uploaded the index.php of www.thinforlife.info/oscommerce/catalog (which shows right column properly) to www.aplaceofhopestore.com/index.php and the right column still does not show on homepage (but does show on other pages).

I then took the index.php of www.aplaceofhopestore.com and uploaded it to www.thinforlife.info/oscommerce/catalog and hte homepage displays right column so I now for sure that my index.php file is correct for thobth sites (it is the exact same file).

So there has to be something else wrong. What else determines how the homepage will be displayed?

I thought maybe there was a problem with where my index.php is located (one site has it at the root, the other site has it at oscommerce/catalog) but that can be the problem because I am having the problem on even another test site.

Any ideas?

Problem is obviously not with BDP.

There is a bug with 2.2MS2-060817

See:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=239139

Any ideas?

It is something in relation to includes/modules/new_products.php

It is something in relation to includes/modules/new_products.php

You are amazing! Absolutely correct. I would never, ever had thought of that.

I installed the new_products.php from the older version of oscommerce and the items show up fine on the entry/homepage.

I need to figure out what is the difference between the old and new version of new_products.php. I do notice that the new file is much larger. Maybe my original download of software was corrupted.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Again-amazing!

P.S. Is there anywhere on the oscommerce site to just download individual files?