• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Yes I am using BDP.

I got you, but is there a way to keep the same red background/site contents proportions throughout different resolutions so that it keeps the same look it has in 1024 x 768 ? I mean I don't like the fact that the background grows wider with bigger resolutions.

Your options are basically...

1. keep it as it is..then the background will grow wider with bigger resolutions...

2. change your site to have dynamic width instead of fixed width and it will expand with the resolution.

3. Use BR&R to set different sizes for different resolutions.

Just one more question so that I'm sure I get this right:

by dynamic width you mean a liquid layout as opposed to a fixed one?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Hover changes background color back to white...

I've just spent the weekend finishing up a move to a new server and installing BDP 2.5 (then deciding that I didn't want the resize and css buttons features - see next posting). Everything's now the way I want it at my site (http://hyped2death.com/catalog/), except that when a user mouses over the table-cells for the category images and descriptions on the front (index.php) page, the table background turns white - and stays that way, even if the category is not selected.

There are no "hover" or "table" background statements to explain this in stylesheet.css, and the identical background does not change with hovering anywhere else on the website. The problem occurs with Firefox and Safari/Webkit, and presumably with any other browser.

Does this ring any bells? It's not a major bug, but it's annoying to me after making all the stylesheet changes.

(I can't get osC search function to recognize spaces today and I hatehatehate the new collapsed-thread views: they're awful for any but the most obvious searches!!)

Thanks much!

Hover changes background color back to white...

I've just spent the weekend finishing up a move to a new server and installing BDP 2.5 (then deciding that I didn't want the resize and css buttons features - see next posting). Everything's now the way I want it at my site (http://hyped2death.com/catalog/), except that when a user mouses over the table-cells for the category images and descriptions on the front (index.php) page, the table background turns white - and stays that way, even if the category is not selected.

There are no "hover" or "table" background statements to explain this in stylesheet.css, and the identical background does not change with hovering anywhere else on the website. The problem occurs with Firefox and Safari/Webkit, and presumably with any other browser.

Does this ring any bells? It's not a major bug, but it's annoying to me after making all the stylesheet changes.

(I can't get osC search function to recognize spaces today and I hatehatehate the new collapsed-thread views: they're awful for any but the most obvious searches!!)

Thanks much!

That is not from BDP but another contribution you have added to show the categories in the center part of the front page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Toyicebear

wondering if you can help me, i want to use your Basic design pack but i dont want "3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet."

as i have already installed a add on for graphical borders - so dont want the to be knocked off.

Cheers

Toyicebear

wondering if you can help me, i want to use your Basic design pack but i dont want "3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet."

as i have already installed a add on for graphical borders - so dont want the to be knocked off.

Cheers

nr. 3 should not affect the "graphical borders" , its only 3 images which is being replaced in theis folder /images/infobox/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

Does BDP have anything in it that would center the Box Heading titles ? I seem to have a conflict between Dynamenu and BDP and I am just trying to nail down whats causing it.

Scenario:

When site first loads:

Info box headings are aligned left, this includes the Top>Catalog> bread crumb heading

but when a customer clicks onto a product, the infobox headings all center and the Top>Catalog> breadcrumb indents 50 px.

Have you ever heard of this ?

It can be viewed at .holylanduniquegifts DOT com

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Chris

Hi Nick,

Does BDP have anything in it that would center the Box Heading titles ? I seem to have a conflict between Dynamenu and BDP and I am just trying to nail down whats causing it.

Scenario:

When site first loads:

Info box headings are aligned left, this includes the Top>Catalog> bread crumb heading

but when a customer clicks onto a product, the infobox headings all center and the Top>Catalog> breadcrumb indents 50 px.

Have you ever heard of this ?

It can be viewed at .holylanduniquegifts DOT com

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Chris

Had a quick look...it seems that the issue only comes into play on the Product info page.

This indicates that it is most likely some kind of codesnippet in the products_info.php which is causing this effect.

My suggestion would be to start by seeing if there are some conflicts in regards to the fancy image pop-up solution you use on this page.

• 3 weeks later...

nr. 3 should not affect the "graphical borders" , its only 3 images which is being replaced in theis folder /images/infobox/

Hi Nick

On the first page the heading, 'What's New Here?'..could you please advise where to find in order to edit

appreciate your help

Stephen

Hi Nick

On the first page the heading, 'What's New Here?'..could you please advise where to find in order to edit

appreciate your help

Stephen

In the main language file.

Ie. for english that would be

includes/languages/english.php

I have a problem with the autothumbnailer. If use the standard html_output.php for rc2a, I get double titles for the subcategory. If I use the html_output.php with no auto thumbnailer there is no problem, but obviously I have no autothumbnailer... Any idea where to look for the problem?

I have a problem with the autothumbnailer. If use the standard html_output.php for rc2a, I get double titles for the subcategory. If I use the html_output.php with no auto thumbnailer there is no problem, but obviously I have no autothumbnailer... Any idea where to look for the problem?

Do you have images added for your sub-categories?

If not, try to add them.....

If that dont help...you might look at one of the other auto thumbnails add-ons

Link to Basic Design Pack

Basic design pack 1.0

This is not a real contribution as such...its just an easy to use short-cut to make your own osc design.

Included in this pack is:

- Fixed width with css by Devhype and Rhea Anthony

- Remove default images David Allen

What will this pack do?

1. It will center your shop and give you the possibilety to set outside background color in the stylesheet.

2. It will remove the default oscommerce cartoonish icons

3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet.

4. It removes the osCommerce banner in the footer

5. It will make it easy to have 1 top graphic logo filling the whole header width.

Thats it.....

How to use....Just drop over a defaut oscommerce shop.....and you are finished...

If you have any questions, well i am at the forum as always....best wishes Toyicebear

This contribution is ofcourse GNU, and used at your own risk..and so on..... ;-)

New to OsCommerce and the forum, I am just setting up a site. I am looking to customize the site and remove the OsCommerce Header, Footer as well as add photos and text to body of site, I see this basic design pack will remove banner and help with header. I am not computer savy. Could you help me in laymens terms and walk me through the instalation of the Basic Design Pack or suggest other avenues, templates, etc. Thank you, Linda

New to OsCommerce and the forum, I am just setting up a site. I am looking to customize the site and remove the OsCommerce Header, Footer as well as add photos and text to body of site, I see this basic design pack will remove banner and help with header. I am not computer savy. Could you help me in laymens terms and walk me through the instalation of the Basic Design Pack or suggest other avenues, templates, etc. Thank you, Linda

The instructions are fairly clear...

Download the zip, un-zip the zip and then read the included instructions file.

An alternative for BDP can also be Modern Template for RC2a v1.0

Also do go read the Basics for OSC Design tread, link in my signature.

The instructions are fairly clear...

Download the zip, un-zip the zip and then read the included instructions file.

An alternative for BDP can also be Modern Template for RC2a v1.0

Also do go read the Basics for OSC Design tread, link in my signature.

Still haveing problems, I downloaded the file on my desktop

using file manager i attempted to upload the file, browsing for the file (looking for all file types)

I will not allow me to choose the file.

what am I doing wrong?

Hey Nick,

I have another question for you.

I am setting up a site, and use Basic Design Pack 2.5

I noticed that it will not show multi level sub-categories. Have you come across this before ? I am thinking there might be a problem with the categories.php file.

If you PM me, I will send you the link to show you if you want.

Chris

Hey Nick,

I have another question for you.

I am setting up a site, and use Basic Design Pack 2.5

I noticed that it will not show multi level sub-categories. Have you come across this before ? I am thinking there might be a problem with the categories.php file.

If you PM me, I will send you the link to show you if you want.

Chris

Strange problem, the categories.php version used usually supports multi-level categories without any problems.

If you have cache enabled for this shop you might try to reset it.

The categories version used is this add-on: Great Categories

Edited by toyicebear

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply. AGAIN, I found that the Simple Multi Image contribution was conflicting with this too. I made some edits to allow them to work together.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

you can disable the count in your shops administration under configuration >> My store

or you can manually edit the categories box file which is located at: includes/boxes/categories.php