if ($tree[$counter]['parent'] == 0) {
  $cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $counter;
} else {
  $cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $tree[$counter]['path'];
}

$categories_string .= ' href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new);

$categories_string .= '">';
// display category name
if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter) || $tree[$counter]['level'] == 0) {
	if ( ($cPath_array) && (@in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) ) {
	$categories_string .= '<span class="catwithsubs">'.tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'categories/arrow_down.gif', '', '9', '9') . "</span>";
	} else {
	$categories_string .= '<span class="catwithsubs">'.tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'categories/arrow_right.gif', '', '9', '9') . "</span>";
	}
} else {
$categories_string .= '<span class="catwithnosubs">' .tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'categories/arrow_bullet.gif', 'nokta', '9', '9') . "</span>";
}

//category name
$categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];
if ( ($cPath_array) && (@in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) ) {
  //end of active link
$categories_string .= '';
}

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
  $categories_string .= '';
}

//  $categories_string .= '</a>';
  $categories_string .= "   ";

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
  $products_in_category = tep_count_products_in_category($counter);
  if ($products_in_category > 0) {
	$categories_string .= '(' . $products_in_category . ')';
  }
}
// $categories_string .= '</a>';

//***********
//  style format
// ***********

$categories_string .= '<style=color:"\#ffff00"></a>';
$categories_string .= '</div>';

You can use plain old font color html definitions inside the categories box

Hello:

The site I am working on for a client:

http://www.rpg.com/osc

looks great using the BDP..but when I click on "login", "my account" or anything like that..the top images and css buttons aren't showing...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please?..

big thanks in advance.

-bf

Had a quick look, seems you have fixed it already ... B)

First I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your hard work....you have made my life so much easier and I have learned so much by reading through all your posts.

I have figured out how to change the links in the navigational header bar...My Account, Cart Contents, Checkout...and I have removed the "requests since" from the footer....but I would like to remove "Top" from beside the Catalog link in the top navigational header bar (above the category listing). I don't see this in the header.php file...but then again I may not "know" what I am seeing, KWIM? Could you direct me in the right direction for this change.

Also, I have a What's New In April box...which is fine, I want that...but it shows 9 images. I would like to downsize to 6. Where would I do this?

When you add something to our cart, there is a continue shopping button...which is terrific, except that the words don't quite make it onto the button....could you tell me how to fix this?

One more question.....right now when you access our site it says osCommerce on the title of the browser page. Where would I change this to say the name of our store?

Here is a link to the store in case that helps.

http://www.ascrappinfriendsy.com/asfstore/catalog/

Thank you for your help!

Jo

Hello, I just installed a default setup of OSC and I then installed the Basic Design Pack. I am totally new to anything other than static XHTML/CSS sites so forgive me!

I do not see any changes after installing the pack. Do the changes automatically occur or is there something else I have to do first? I am wanting to use the grey skin that is provided and then modify it as needed but the site still looks just like the default install. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Hello, I just installed a default setup of OSC and I then installed the Basic Design Pack. I am totally new to anything other than static XHTML/CSS sites so forgive me!

I do not see any changes after installing the pack. Do the changes automatically occur or is there something else I have to do first? I am wanting to use the grey skin that is provided and then modify it as needed but the site still looks just like the default install. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Did you do a hard refresh? Control + F5?

I have it working now, I think I may have put the files in the wrong locations to begin with and it was not taking effect. All looks good now!

quick question:

my client's site:

http://www.rpg.com/osc

I have changed the pages to not use the CSS buttons, which works fine. However, in Categories listing products, the CSS buttons still show, ie. Equipment. How do I turn these off?

-bf

The easiest way would be to use the alternative html_output.php file which have thumbnails but not the css buttons

First I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your hard work....you have made my life so much easier and I have learned so much by reading through all your posts.

I have figured out how to change the links in the navigational header bar...My Account, Cart Contents, Checkout...and I have removed the "requests since" from the footer....but I would like to remove "Top" from beside the Catalog link in the top navigational header bar (above the category listing). I don't see this in the header.php file...but then again I may not "know" what I am seeing, KWIM? Could you direct me in the right direction for this change.

Also, I have a What's New In April box...which is fine, I want that...but it shows 9 images. I would like to downsize to 6. Where would I do this?

When you add something to our cart, there is a continue shopping button...which is terrific, except that the words don't quite make it onto the button....could you tell me how to fix this?

One more question.....right now when you access our site it says osCommerce on the title of the browser page. Where would I change this to say the name of our store?

Here is a link to the store in case that helps.

http://www.ascrappinfriendsy.com/asfstore/catalog/

Thank you for your help!

Jo

1... remove "Top" ... in includes/applications_top.php

2....downsize to 6... in your shops admin under configuration

3....continue shopping button....

3.1 change the text to something shorter in includes/languages/english.php

or

3.2 change the width of the css buttons in stylesheet.css

4...osCommerce on the title of the browser..... in includes/languages/english.php

Toyicebear,

I can't get it to work. I uploaded as instructed and no change. The only thing I can think of is that I did have some colors changed, while I was learning how to edit things. Would this have made it to where it will not work?

Thanks, and yes I am very new to all this.

Weazer

Hi

Just installed the mod and beginning to work through it. Looks good so far.

Immediate problem is that in firefox the rightside infoboxes overlap the main table. This doesn't happen in IE.

link http://www.gravitaswines.co.nz/oscommerce/catalog/

Any help much appreciated.

mouli

I found a workaround by increasing the width to 790 px in .fixcentre but I dont understand why so any ideas would still be appreciated.

mouli

I found a workaround by increasing the width to 790 px in .fixcentre but I dont understand why so any ideas would still be appreciated.

mouli

It is usually caused by using to large pictures in the centre part of the page...it can also be caused by to wide product pictures showing in the whats new , new products box etc, it can also be caused by missing pictures which can cause elongation.

Also...wait till the page is fully loaded, the layout can be slightly out of "wach" during the page loading periode......

Othervise its hard to say what might have caused it....

Edited by toyicebear

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, your contribution works like magic.

I love it with automatic thumbnail and it just make my life easier!

Thanks for the great contribution.

here is my site.

http://www.zolaonline.com

However I encouter little image resolution problem. I tried to display the whole image without "click for larger pic"

Seems like the imagecache does not delete the smaller image so I sometimes ended up with blurry large picture display in product_info.php

Can anyone help me here??

thanks.

I am a total newbie - have just installed a clean version of oscommerce - and tried to add this and am receiving the following errors:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bountifu/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bountifu/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bountifu/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php on line 13

incase you need it - the site is www.bountifulbeads.com

I am a total newbie - have just installed a clean version of oscommerce - and tried to add this and am receiving the following errors:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bountifu/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php on line 13

incase you need it - the site is www.bountifulbeads.com

Nevermind - I got it! Thank you so much for all your hardwork on this!

Just installed your BDP locally and have it looking about how I want it except for one area that I can't seem to adjust.

sample.gif

You can see the area circled in green is the correct height, but I can't find where to adjust the top one circled in red. That goes for the bottom one also. I checked every file I could think of that might define the height of that table, but can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for a great contrib. :)

After doing a couple other cosmetic changes I finally put it under SSL and now I have this issue which I can't figureout how to solve

nossl.gif

This is how it looks without SSL

ssl.gif

Here it is with SSL. Notice the area circled in red. It seems as though it just forgets whats on the stylesheet. It does this for every page that is under SSL.

Any ideas on what I need to change to keep the same look with and without SSL?

After doing a couple other cosmetic changes I finally put it under SSL and now I have this issue which I can't figureout how to solve

nossl.gif

This is how it looks without SSL

ssl.gif

Here it is with SSL. Notice the area circled in red. It seems as though it just forgets whats on the stylesheet. It does this for every page that is under SSL.

Any ideas on what I need to change to keep the same look with and without SSL?

The problem above seems to have corrected itself. Works fine now although I didn't do anything else to it.

Edited by wvcrafted

I have figured out my other problem I had posted. For anyone else looking for the same thing, it's controled in header.php and footer.php for the bottom one. Just add the "height' tag to whatever you want it to be.

I am new and Im not sure if someone already asked this spefic question but, my question is Ive been trying to use my uploaded image in the template, and I have changed the link in the appropriate place but the oscommerce logo is still there and i would also like to know if i can change the button for the category box

thank you very much

Hi ToyIceBear

How do i get rid of the gap between the boxes

as in i would like the left hand side to appear to be one solid column rather than a collection of boxes

Also how do i set the width of oscommerce as i have tried altering the width in the CSS, but the layout goes out really weirdly, is there a trick to it as i have to fit it into an iframe thats about 550px wide

Also getting rid of the right hand column, as in removing the code below, it is only contained in the files in the catalog directory, no other strange places?

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

Cheers

I am new and Im not sure if someone already asked this spefic question but, my question is Ive been trying to use my uploaded image in the template, and I have changed the link in the appropriate place but the oscommerce logo is still there and i would also like to know if i can change the button for the category box

thank you very much

Hi Dave,

Where did you change the link to the image??

you should have changed it in this section of code

catalog/includes/header.php

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td valign="middle">< ?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>

Have if you have done this, then have you HARD refreshed your browser

ctrl shift R for firefox

ctrl F5 for IE

Hi ToyIceBear

How do i get rid of the gap between the boxes

as in i would like the left hand side to appear to be one solid column rather than a collection of boxes

Also how do i set the width of oscommerce as i have tried altering the width in the CSS, but the layout goes out really weirdly, is there a trick to it as i have to fit it into an iframe thats about 550px wide

Also getting rid of the right hand column, as in removing the code below, it is only contained in the files in the catalog directory, no other strange places?

Cheers

No worries, solved them all, I hadn't downloaded the relevant files from the server