• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Thanks toyicebear.

I'm a newbie would you please be more specific?

Check the edited version of my reply over.

The corners are named: corner_left.gif and corner_right.gif

To make an example:

The corners for the categoriesbox are located in:

/images/CategoriesBox/

For the other boxes , they have their own separate folder with the box name all located within the /images/ folder

The line for the categoriesbox would look like this

new CategoriesBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

All the boxes has their own name its only the setting in the last part of the line which should be changed so it reads.

true, true

Ie... the full sentence for the categories box would then be:

new CategoriesBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true);

This setting sets the box to use the right and left graphics uploaded in point nr. 1

3. Check the css defines used in the product listing file. includes/modules/product_listing.php , then make the adjustments you want in the stylesheet.

Would you please be more specific and clarify this?

Thank you toyicebear!

I changed this once and now can't remember where. I want to take out 'Catalog' on the navigation bar. Where is that?

includes/application_top.php

and

includes/languages/english.php

Would you please be more specific and clarify this?

Thank you toyicebear!

Open this file in a text editor, a good free one is phpdesigner from mpsoftware.dk , then look inside the file for the class= defines used for the places where you want to cahnge the looks.

Now when you have located these class= , you can find the same class in stylesheet.css and set the style attributes/colors/backgrounds ect. that you want for them there.

Has this contribution been tested for all browsers?

I have installed the Design Basic Pack 1.6 , my site www.ozicaltec.com/shop displays fine in IE6 , however in Mozilla 1.0.7 the right hand column does not allign...

I have attached the screen shots.

Screenshots @ Screenshots

I would like to remove the category counter in the category infoBox, is this possible? I have seen several references in categories.php...

Thank you for this contribution

-----

John

Edited by amokk20us

Hey toyicebear

1. What is causing the magnification of the background behind the Product Name+ and Price but not the Buy Now?

funky.gif

Below is the css defining this heading

.productListing-heading {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: bold;

color: #3366FF;

background-image: url("images/bkgd.gif");

How do i fix it?

2. Where do i define corner images for .contentBox(The New Items for February)? I'm not seeing it in includes/boxes/

3. Where do i define corner images for the Product listings box?

4. How do i remove the Shopping Cart arrow and move the link to the right corner image?

Thanks for all of your help!

Where else are buttons defined in osCommerse?

I have css buttons overlaying other buttons but not everywhere as seen in Reviews.

button.gif

If i // background-image: url("images/buttons.gif"); i get a rectangle button.

If i comment out all border i get the button image with beveling.

How do i correct this?

.cssButton {

background-image: url("images/buttons.gif");

color: #003366;

width: 100px;

height: 24px;

vertical-align: center;

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

cursor: pointer;

text-align: center;

text-decoration: none;

border: 0px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #000000;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

Again Thanks for all of your help!

Has this contribution been tested for all browsers?

I have installed the Design Basic Pack 1.6 , my site www.ozicaltec.com/shop displays fine in IE6 , however in Mozilla 1.0.7 the right hand column does not allign...

I have attached the screen shots.

Screenshots @ Screenshots

I would like to remove the category counter in the category infoBox, is this possible? I have seen several references in categories.php...

Thank you for this contribution

-----

John

1. The basic design pack has been tested and works in IE, Firefox and Opera...

2. The category counter in the categories box can be turned off in our shops admin , under configuration>>my store

Set Show Category Counts to False

3. My Pleasure.... B)

Hey toyicebear

1. What is causing the magnification of the background behind the Product Name+ and Price but not the Buy Now?

funky.gif

Below is the css defining this heading

<blockquote>.productListing-heading {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

color: #3366FF;

background-image: url("images/bkgd.gif");

</blockquote>

How do i fix it?

2. Where do i define corner images for .contentBox(The New Items for February)? I'm not seeing it in includes/boxes/

3. Where do i define corner images for the Product listings box?

4. How do i remove the Shopping Cart arrow and move the link to the right corner image?

Thanks for all of your help!

1. the image is compressed in height in the mentioned locations....

I would suggest you make a new header background image for the productlisting heading taking into account this effect.

2. in the pack there is a images/contentBox/

3. It does not have corner images. But you can edit includes/modules/product_listing.php

4. you can edit includes/classes/boxes.php

Where else are buttons defined in osCommerse?

I have css buttons overlaying other buttons but not everywhere as seen in Reviews.

button.gif

If i // background-image: url("images/buttons.gif"); i get a rectangle button.

If i comment out all border i get the button image with beveling.

How do i correct this?

.cssButton {

background-image: url("images/buttons.gif");

color: #003366;

width: 100px;

height: 24px;

vertical-align: center;

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

cursor: pointer;

text-align: center;

text-decoration: none;

border: 0px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #000000;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

Again Thanks for all of your help!

CSS Buttons Everywhere

Thought I'd better show an image:

oscbuttons.jpg

Hi.

Just installed my first osC and this great contrib. I seem to have a problem when viewing with Firefox, Netscape, etc. But not in IE6

After clicking Buy, the next page which has three buttons, well they don't line up.

You can see it here:

My Webpage

Thought I'd better show an image:

oscbuttons.jpg

The css buttons everywhere mod , sets a fixed width on the css buttons....so if a word/link is to long such problems will occur.

You can then eighter increase the width to be longer or alternatively change the word/link name in includes/languages/english.php

But using internet explorer its just to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your webpage to view recent changes to the stylesheet.

For firefox CTRL + SHIFT + R is the "hard refresh"

Excellent contribution thingie, worked first pop

If we are allowed to make suggestions for future versions?

-- You got rid of those annoying cartoon icons, how about getting rid of the "Let's See What We Have Here" text and replacing it with the category name, - (I still haven't figured out how to do this)

Cheers

toyicebear, I'm still having trouble with a few of my orders. Someone in another forum here told me that my cookies are still set wrong, and I just had a big customer not be able to finish their order. Is there something I can use to check it without having to run a mysql (ain't messing with that!!!)

I haven't tried to use this contribution yet...however, under another thread of yours I did read about the Define Main Page contribution and did that one without a problem. HOWEVER, I would like to use this one also....will the first contribution mess with this one? I have also changed colors on the original stylesheet....I am guessing that I need to compare stylesheets and make those color changes, etc. before I overwrite with the stylesheet that is in the Basic Design Pack contribution.

I like to make sure I understand everything before I start messing with it.

Thanks a lot....I have learned SOOOO much from reading your threads! :thumbsup:

Jo

I haven't tried to use this contribution yet...however, under another thread of yours I did read about the Define Main Page contribution and did that one without a problem. HOWEVER, I would like to use this one also....will the first contribution mess with this one? I have also changed colors on the original stylesheet....I am guessing that I need to compare stylesheets and make those color changes, etc. before I overwrite with the stylesheet that is in the Basic Design Pack contribution.

Ok....I figured it out....I went and looked at the files I altered with DMP and none of those files were involved in this, so I just went with it and it worked just fine.

I am now messing with my colors and have that about all finished up...few things left to change.

However I want to get rid of several info boxes (Reviews, Currencies, What's New--have the one at the bottom with New Products for the Month--so this would be redundant, yes?) ...and the php files just scare me to death. :P

So I want to make sure I am editing the right thing...of course I have backups of my backups....see above statement....anways....

Where do I look and exactly what am I looking to edit out?

I am going back through this thread and see if I find the answers :rolleyes: (because you have probably already said somewhere before, but it probably just didn't make sense to me at the time)....if I do I will post here to let you know!

However I want to get rid of several info boxes (Reviews, Currencies, What's New--have the one at the bottom with New Products for the Month--so this would be redundant, yes?) ...and the php files just scare me to death. :P

So I want to make sure I am editing the right thing...of course I have backups of my backups....see above statement....anways....

Where do I look and exactly what am I looking to edit out?

I am going back through this thread and see if I find the answers :rolleyes: (because you have probably already said somewhere before, but it probably just didn't make sense to me at the time)....if I do I will post here to let you know!

Hi jo

To remove the extra boxes go to your catalog/includes/column_left.php file (or catalog/includes/column_right.php depending on what you want to get rid of) and comment out the appropriate lines

left hand side

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');
?>

To remove the Whats New change it to this 

echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

//require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');
?>

For the right hand side

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

}

} else {

}

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

?>

change to (remove reviews and currencies)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

} else {

}

} else {

}

} else {

}

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

}

//require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

//include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

?>

Edited by nigelt74

CSS buttons

Hi

What i am trying to do is have a "more info" button that takes the client to the product description page, I have it woking but i can't get the layout working correctly

see here

what i want is

More Info | Buy Now

To get the "more info" button working I had to create a form and assign it to a submit button as below

$lc_text .= tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_more_info.gif', 'More Info');

is there anything else i can assign the css button thingie too, so i can put the more info button where i want or does it have to be assigned to a tep_image_submit

Thanks

Thank you Nigel...that made perfect sense to me once I opened up the file and took a look and it worked perfectly!!!!

Now.....for the next change...did you ever find where to edit out the "what's new here" text? I know I have seen this somewhere before so I am off to find that (hopefully that won't take forever) I also want to change the Welcome Guest sentence...hoping those are in the same spot!

I know I also read somewhere recently how to get rid of the counter at the bottom of the page....so those are my next changes to do!

Thanks so much for everyone's help....I appreciate it!

Jo

CSS buttons

Hi

What i am trying to do is have a "more info" button that takes the client to the product description page, I have it woking but i can't get the layout working correctly

see here

what i want is

More Info | Buy Now

Thanks

Ok I have sort of fixed my problem, i assigned the "cssbutton" class to a link and place it inside the form and it seems to work,

The only problem is it doesn't display correctly in Firefox or opera, it displays fine in Internet explorer, but i would like to have it displaying well in all browsers

- I have tried

-- setting a fixed width and height inside the link, but to no avail

-- Kicking the computer, but to no avail

I realise this is a browser issue and probably outside the scope of the help for this contribution but even being pointed in the right direction would be appreciated

Cheers

Thank you Nigel...that made perfect sense to me once I opened up the file and took a look and it worked perfectly!!!!

Now.....for the next change...did you ever find where to edit out the "what's new here" text? I know I have seen this somewhere before so I am off to find that (hopefully that won't take forever) I also want to change the Welcome Guest sentence...hoping those are in the same spot!

I know I also read somewhere recently how to get rid of the counter at the bottom of the page....so those are my next changes to do!

Thanks so much for everyone's help....I appreciate it!

Jo

to remove the counter thing go to includes/footer.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="footer">
<td class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>
<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<br>

CHANGE TO

<?php
/*
 $Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

//require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="footer">
<td class="footer">  <?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>  </td>
<td align="right" class="footer">    </td>
 </tr>
</table>
<br>

as for the "what's new here" stuff, if you find it let me know, I think there is a contribution that changes it to the category name, but I see these things and think "must bookmark that" and promptly forget