• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

If you use your original html_output.php , you did make a backup right? , then you can go back to setting the height or the width blank in admin for the images to keep their propotions.

If you use one of the html_output.php files in the basic design pack which also includes the automatic thumbnails funktion , alwasy have a value set for both width and heigh for the images in admin.

The setings discussed here are locate dunder:

admin>>configuration>>images

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not explaining correctly....

I CAN'T set the height & width because all my images are different sizes. I tried everything you said, and yes, I set the values in admin, but some of them came out stretched because like I said, they were different sizes. Yes, they stretched even with the automatic thumbnail function. There was no automatic scaling like you mentioned. Now, even after I removed the thumbnail option, they still stretch. Before I installed the basic design pack, the images would resize nicely when I left one of the sizes (height or width) blank, but now it doesn't work. Please answer as soon as you can because I'm considering restarting from scratch. Let me know if you're confused or have no idea how to fix it, and I'll just start over.

Thanks!

~Rita

I'm having the problem getting my logo to show up at the top of my home page. I resized the logo to 778X125 pixels, but it shows in the properties of the logo that the deminsions are 117X30 pixels and the picture does not show up. It shows where the picture should be with an "X" over it.

Here is my site:

http://www.davakay.com/davikwebstore

Thank you,

kay6284

I'm sorry, maybe I'm not explaining correctly....

I CAN'T set the height & width because all my images are different sizes. I tried everything you said, and yes, I set the values in admin, but some of them came out stretched because like I said, they were different sizes. Yes, they stretched even with the automatic thumbnail function. There was no automatic scaling like you mentioned. Now, even after I removed the thumbnail option, they still stretch. Before I installed the basic design pack, the images would resize nicely when I left one of the sizes (height or width) blank, but now it doesn't work. Please answer as soon as you can because I'm considering restarting from scratch. Let me know if you're confused or have no idea how to fix it, and I'll just start over.

Thanks!

Providing these 2 requirement are meet it will do so.

1. The pictures have to be .jpg (gif are not resized)

2. Your setting for small pictures width and heigh in admin are less than the actual pictures dimentions.

Lets say you have set the size in admin to:

width = 100

height= 100

You upload a product picture which is 400X400 px

The generated thumb will be 100X100 px

If you upload a product picture which is 400X200 px

the generated thumb will be 100X50 px

If you upload a product picture which is 200X400 px

the generated thumb will be 50X100 px

You can check if the thumbnails generating is working by pointing on a thumbnail and choosing view properties.

the image path for a working thumbnail will look like this: images/imagecache/your-image.jpg

notice that an extra folder named /imagecache/ have been added automatically which contains all then newly made thumbnails.

Thumbnails are automatically generated the first time someone views that image at your web site.

I'm having the problem getting my logo to show up at the top of my home page. I resized the logo to 778X125 pixels, but it shows in the properties of the logo that the deminsions are 117X30 pixels and the picture does not show up. It shows where the picture should be with an "X" over it.

Here is my site:

http://www.davakay.com/davikwebstore

Thank you,

kay6284

this is the section in includes/header.php where you can insert your own header graphic:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

If you choose to do the change by simply adding an image name oscommerce.gif to your /images/ folder it will also show , but make sure that you press CTRL + F5 when you go to your site after to view it properly.

You can also add a new graphic and name here, by changing it to this...

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'YOUR-IMAGE-NAME.gif', 'YOUR_SHOP_NAME') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Where ofcourse YOUR-IMAGE-NAME is replaced by the name of your header graphic and YOUR_SHOP_NAME is replaced with your shops name.

The new header graphic have to be uploaded to your shops /images/ folder.

Edited by toyicebear

this is the section in includes/header.php where you can insert your own header graphic:

If you choose to do the change by simply adding an image name oscommerce.gif to your /images/ folder it will also show , but make sure that you press CTRL + F5 when you go to your site after to view it properly.

You can also add a new graphic and name here, by changing it to this...

Where ofcourse YOUR-IMAGE-NAME is replaced by the name of your header graphic and YOUR_SHOP_NAME is replaced with your shops name.

The new header graphic have to be uploaded to your shops /images/ folder.

I have made the changes in header.php to reflect the image I want as my header logo. I ftp'd the image into my store's/image folder. The logo is still not showing up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

kay6284

the properties of the img don't lead to anything.

your image

could there be a typo somewhere?

hmmm...you are right. None of the images I uploaded yesterday are there. This isvery strange. I just uploaded my logo again and when I refreshed the page the logo is gone from the images folder again.

kay6284

hmmm...you are right. None of the images I uploaded yesterday are there. This isvery strange. I just uploaded my logo again and when I refreshed the page the logo is gone from the images folder again.

kay6284

ok...I got the problem solved. The problem was with the filename.

Thanks for your help tiG

Hey,

I installed the BDP and have a blank page on the index which says

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

i read the support pages and the install file, and i'm using the latest version of osCommerce2.2 so i changed the html_output.php-2.2ms2-051113 to html_output.php and got the same error.

then i changed the html_output-nothumb.php to html_output.php and it worked. however i read you use this when you don't have GDLIB support, however when i run phpinfo i see i do have GD. see below:

gd
GD Support 			   enabled
GD Version 				bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support 	enabled
FreeType Linkage 	with freetype
GIF Read Support 	enabled
GIF Create Support 	enabled
JPG Support 			   enabled
PNG Support 			   enabled
WBMP Support 			 enabled
XBM Support 			   enabled

Also, this CGI error i'm only getting on my live server, when i run the BDP contribution on my local Apache Server it works with both the default html_output.php and the html_output.php-2.2ms2-051113.

i don't know much about the thumbnail generator but i'm guessing it saves time and i would hate to not have it for something simple.

and did anybody else have this problem?

Please help.

Hey,

I installed the BDP and have a blank page on the index which says

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

i read the support pages and the install file, and i'm using the latest version of osCommerce2.2 so i changed the html_output.php-2.2ms2-051113 to html_output.php and got the same error.

then i changed the html_output-nothumb.php to html_output.php and it worked. however i read you use this when you don't have GDLIB support, however when i run phpinfo i see i do have GD. see below:

gd
GD Support 			   enabled
GD Version 				bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support 	enabled
FreeType Linkage 	with freetype
GIF Read Support 	enabled
GIF Create Support 	enabled
JPG Support 			   enabled
PNG Support 			   enabled
WBMP Support 			 enabled
XBM Support 			   enabled

Also, this CGI error i'm only getting on my live server, when i run the BDP contribution on my local Apache Server it works with both the default html_output.php and the html_output.php-2.2ms2-051113.

i don't know much about the thumbnail generator but i'm guessing it saves time and i would hate to not have it for something simple.

and did anybody else have this problem?

Please help.

You can have a look at the automatic thumbnails contrib here.....

well cr*p. I thought everything was working fine. My test accounts worked, but the second customer into the store can't complete a purchase. Would you mind testing an order to see if you can get it to take?? if you use the name toyicebear, and pay by check, I will know it's a test. thank you if you can possibly do this.

My Webpage

Edited by tiG

okay, I cannot add any new products. Anything I add hangs the cart. I had a friend working with me, adding and removing products and it's anything I add now. I did set up the tax zone, but when this started I undid that. What do I do now??

okay, I cannot add any new products. Anything I add hangs the cart. I had a friend working with me, adding and removing products and it's anything I add now. I did set up the tax zone, but when this started I undid that. What do I do now??

Just complete a purchase at your site...no problems..except that you had no shipping choices/modules installed.

And also you have the cookie path setting wrong in your includes/configure.php file

Edited by toyicebear

you can make a purchase now but not with the last products I entered. If you select them, you won't get past confirm address. If you select the product L'amour under brugmansia category, you can't do it.

and I'm not sure how to set the cookie path right. what should it point to?

I've been taking out products and making orders complete, then I add a product back and it won't go through with just that one additional product. This is critical time for my product, I will lose a lot of sales if I can't get this to work, I have a lot of products to add. Where do i even begin to look?

I've been taking out products and making orders complete, then I add a product back and it won't go through with just that one additional product. This is critical time for my product, I will lose a lot of sales if I can't get this to work, I have a lot of products to add. Where do i even begin to look?

I went to view your new products and added the latest product Estella to the cart , went through the checkout with no problem....

Still no shipping metodes to choose though....

Your cookies setting in includes/configure.php should be:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'brugmansias.us);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

thanks, I'll see what happens with another new item. If I only ship one way and it's on my policy, do I still need to go through that step? If so, how am I missing it?

thanks for the cookie info, off to do that now!

should I have these lines in there twice?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://brugmansias.us');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://brugmansias.us');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

should I have these lines in there twice?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://brugmansias.us');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://brugmansias.us');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

Yes if you use ssl and that is your ssl address...if not you can leave the https ones blank

Thanks for this great contribution!

1. I want to use seperate custom images on the left and right sides the BoxHeadings and another repeated as the background. How do i do this?

2. Where is the border color for the New Products for February?

3. The background image behind Product Name and Price only are funky as seen in the image below. How do i correct this?

funky.gif

Thanks for your help

Thanks for this great contribution!

1. I want to use seperate custom images on the left and right sides the BoxHeadings and another repeated as the background. How do i do this?

2. Where is the border color for the New Products for February?

3. The background image behind Product Name and Price only are funky as seen in the image below. How do i correct this?

funky.gif

Thanks for your help

1. First you will have to upload the images to the different infobox folders...

They are all located within the /images/ folder

Then you have to edit the indivdual boxes to have this setting:

($info_box_contents, true, true);

You can set the center image background in the stylesheet.

2. .contentBox in the stylesheet

3. Check the css defines used in the product listing file. includes/modules/product_listing.php , then make the adjustments you want in the stylesheet.

Edited by toyicebear

Thanks toyicebear.

I'm a newbie would you please be more specific?

1. First you will have to upload the images to the different infobox folders...

They are all located within the /images/ folder

Then you have to edit the indivdual boxes to have this setting:

You can set the center image background in the stylesheet.

2. .contentBox in the stylesheet

3. Check the css defines used in the product listing file. includes/modules/product_listing.php , then make the adjustments you want in the stylesheet.